AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-17, 07:29   Link #101
ramengud

Just finished R11. I have to say that even though it was a bit incomplete, it was definitely many times better than 12 riven. Though both pale in comparison to Ever 17.

Gundam Ace, If you finish playing I/O, can you write a review about it? I'm very curious about it. Too bad I can't understand Japanese and I was only able to play the Chinese versions which were translated by T time. I seem to crave for more of the infinity series. Definitely will be playing Never 7 once it is completely translated. Hope you plan to translate I/O too.
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 13:34   Link #102
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramengud View Post
Just finished R11. I have to say that even though it was a bit incomplete, it was definitely many times better than 12 riven. Though both pale in comparison to Ever 17.

Gundam Ace, If you finish playing I/O, can you write a review about it? I'm very curious about it. Too bad I can't understand Japanese and I was only able to play the Chinese versions which were translated by T time. I seem to crave for more of the infinity series. Definitely will be playing Never 7 once it is completely translated. Hope you plan to translate I/O too.
Sure, I will write a review. However, I didn't bring my Japanese PS2 to college, so I have no way of playing it right now. However, I do plan on getting the PC version for Christmas. I finished reading Never7 two weeks ago, and I'm reading 12Riven right now.

Yes, I do plan on translating I/O, along with 12Riven. I want to translate I/O before 12Riven, but no one's posted any scripts for it yet. But right now, I'll just focus on Never7 (by the end of today, I will have completed 20% of the game's initial translation.) I/O's a pretty long game, too- according to a player from NicoNico, he said, "It took my friend about 60 hours to finish this game." And since that was a native speaker playing, I wonder how long it will take someone like me to do it.

By the way, Takumi Nakazawa seems to have a new VN in mind that he might announce next year, so we may be getting more Infinity-esque titles soon.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-11-17 at 22:52.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 00:45   Link #103
ramengud

Hopefully Nakazawa's new VN will resemble the infinity series. And good luck with translating the rest of the infinity series. Will be looking forward it.
Old 2010-11-19, 00:59   Link #104
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Alright my head hurts...

Spoiler:

Please tell me that I haven't actually got the real ending. I was expecting something cryptic and hard to explain, but NOTHING was explained.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 01:05   Link #105
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Alright my head hurts...

Spoiler:

Please tell me that I haven't actually got the real ending. I was expecting something cryptic and hard to explain, but NOTHING was explained.
Yep, you got a Bad Ending. #28, to be exact.

Spoiler for Bad Ending:

The Bad Endings actually help explain more about the game, so they're not all bad. If you want to get them all, I have a guide for them back on Page 2.
Old 2010-11-19, 01:50   Link #106
ramengud

Here is a link to the discussions about the ending of remember 11 at TLwiki.
http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php...inity/Spoilers

The ending is very confusing and here are some insights about the ending. Even with this however, I can't still fully understand the ending and I think most of it is just speculation. However their discussion helps a lot in understanding some of the mysteries in R11.
Old 2010-11-19, 01:52   Link #107
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Yep, you got a Bad Ending. #28, to be exact.

Spoiler for Bad Ending:

The Bad Endings actually help explain more about the game, so they're not all bad. If you want to get them all, I have a guide for them back on Page 2.
Ah thank god. Thank you for answering me. I would've broke something if the game really ended like that.
Old 2010-11-19, 03:19   Link #108
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I really don't know what to say about the ending...

Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-06, 16:11   Link #109
TakumiKomachi

Quote:
I've been focusing on getting Kokoro's bad endings today. As a result, I've been recording how to get the bad endings, so I'll post a walkthrough here now of my own Bad Ending Walkthrough.

As a note for Kokoro's route, I've learned that there's several invisible counters that pile up, such as a "Mayuzumi Stress Counter". By performing certain actions that irritate Mayuzumi too much, it raises the Stress Counter. The only way to get Bad Endings 4 and 7 is to raise this Stress Counter too high (in #7) or too low (in #4).

Kokoro's Bad Endings:
1. Satoru Dead In The Bathroom Ending (Day 2)
Don't take the pills given to you by Utsumi. (Day 1)

2. Satoru Stabbed To Death After a Transfer End (Day 2)
Get "Killed by the Mysterious Shadow End" from Satoru's Route, then save it to your system data.

3. Genocide of the SPHIA Residents End (Day 4)
Get "Utsumi's Plan's Execution End" from Satoru's Route, then save it to your system data.

I'll keep updating as I get more.

EDIT: The guide is complete.
For those endings that in order to get you need to accomplish another one before and then save it to system data... how do i get them?
I mean, ok i save data and then start a new game but, is there an specific path i must follow?

Thanks in advance (and forgive my poor and broke english >.>)
TakumiKomachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 09:03   Link #110
Vento

It's kinda sad.. The mysteries left in the game could even last for one more route. I had to make sure whether or not there's anything new after I'm done with Satoru's route.
Vento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 09:28   Link #111
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

On a slightly unrelated note, I discovered yesterday that the Remember11 OST really fits when you're listening to it while walking outside on a snowy day- songs like "Fear and Insanity" "Self" "All or None" and "Dreamy lens- Piano" especially fit well.
Old 2010-12-17, 18:48   Link #112
VDZ

My thoughts one the Remember11 ending: I thought it was brilliant, and I fully enjoyed reading every tiny bit of information about the game in my search for a solution (as you can probably see from my contributions to the spoiler talk page linked to earlier). It fits the story, and even though it does not solve everything, it leaves you with enough hints to solve it...theoretically. 10/10.

999 has been released in English now, and we can see what Uchikoshi is like when he's working alone. People seem to like it, with the average vndb rating being 8.80. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I still rated the game an 8/10 because it definitely amused me, but I can't say it's a masterpiece.

Someone in this thread was complaining about a lack of consistency in R11, but I never felt such problems in R11. In 999 though...there's just too much that doesn't make sense. I won't list all of my problems with the story here, just check this thread for some of them.

But worse than the fact that there's some minor plotholes...is the total lack of originality in 999. You can describe over half of 999 by just describing it as 'Ever17 meets Killer Queen. Now, I haven't played much of Killer Queen (so there'll only be early game spoilers), so there might be more stolen elements, but I'll list what I've found here:
Killer Queen
Spoiler:

Naturally, the Ever17 section contains major spoilers.
Ever17
Spoiler:

Taking this into account, if I had to judge which of the two is the better writer...Remember11 may not have been what you all wanted it to be, but at least it didn't consist for 50% of "I've seen this before" situations.

The only thing that actually pleasantly surprised me in 999's ending was
Spoiler:

I don't mind getting an ending that isn't what I expected it to be. In fact, I'd much rather have that than an ending that is EXACTLY what I expected it to be.

Uchikoshi was playing it safe in 999. I suppose there were enough people who liked it...but no, I think that a writer should always try new things, even if it means running the risk of severely disappointing/angering the fanbase.

Quote:
Yes, I do plan on translating I/O, along with 12Riven. I want to translate I/O before 12Riven, but no one's posted any scripts for it yet. But right now, I'll just focus on Never7 (by the end of today, I will have completed 20% of the game's initial translation.)
That's great to hear, I'm already looking forward to it. As for the I/O scripts; I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be hard to extract (although I can't say with 100% certainty). A hacker will have to work on it to get the translated scripts inserted back into the game, though.

Quote:
By the way, Takumi Nakazawa seems to have a new VN in mind that he might announce next year, so we may be getting more Infinity-esque titles soon.
He already has. I'm wondering what all of the text on there says, though...
Planning to translate this one as well? ^_^
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 19:10   Link #113
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

I've already set up a topic for it on this board, which is probably one page back on this forum. I translated the text on the website, and you can read it on that topic.

I don't know yet. I'll have to play it first before I decide to translate it or not. I still have to translate two other games after N7, after all. Recently, I've been playing 12Riven, and that one's going to be a real pain to translate.

Right now, though, I can't do any translation work because college has been a pain with its finals, and though my last final is tomorrow, my computer's plug broke, so I have to wait for the replacement to arrive (I'm posting this from my cellphone.)
Old 2010-12-18, 00:28   Link #114
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
That's annoying. I finally get my computer all replaced, and yours breaks down.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 00:36   Link #115
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
That's annoying. I finally get my computer all replaced, and yours breaks down.
Well, I wouldn't call it broken. Just temporarily out of commission. I'll have the new plug in a few days, probably.

In the meantime, I found this a good time to review my Japanese, and I just discovered the meaning of a word that's been troubling me. Therefore, I've mostly been editing the scripts over the past few days. Looking over my old scripts, I sometimes get shocked at my older translations. Needless to say, taking an actual Japanese course at the same time really helps.
Old 2010-12-18, 17:58   Link #116
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

BTW, I discovered something interesting on Nakazawa's blog regarding the development of R11.

Originally, because it was set in 2011, Nakazawa wanted to have the game take place in November instead, starting on 11/11/11. However, he eventually realized that the weather conditions in November wouldn't be the best for a story about people trapped in a cabin in the snowy mountains, so he compromised and set it on 1/11/11 instead so that he could still have his 11 motif and so that it'd be in the winter, when the weather conditions would be bad.
Old 2010-12-18, 18:35   Link #117
ramengud

Hehe, he does work hard to get the 11 motif there. By the way, I would like to ask if someone has a copy of the visual fanbook of R11 and if it has important material regarding the story. Also about the timeline of the infinity series, does it help us understand R11 better?
Old 2010-12-18, 18:40   Link #118
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramengud View Post
Hehe, he does work hard to get the 11 motif there. By the way, I would like to ask if someone has a copy of the visual fanbook of R11 and if it has important material regarding the story. Also about the timeline of the infinity series, does it help us understand R11 better?
You can find the book on kgptaz's website.

As for the timeline, it doesn't exactly help you understand too much better, but it pretty much fills in the blanks of Satoru's memory.

Spoiler for Remember11:
Old 2010-12-18, 18:43   Link #119
ramengud

Can I ask for the URL for his website?
Old 2010-12-18, 18:45   Link #120
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

http://www.kgptzac.info/

Look in the Album section.