AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 36 36.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 27.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 22.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 12.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-04, 14:40   Link #81
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think Touma has been in enough dire situations where he should be used to this. I was a lifeguard and all it took was one event to get you into it, two at most. Touma has had many more.
did he had an experience before that an innocent bystander and not a combat ready citizen which is not affiliated with magic side hurt? This is his first if I remember plus she knew the person itself and happen in front of him but he didn't get the chance to even stop it from happening even though his trying desperately to stop it

his first fight was with magicians and no outsiders on it
the second is against an alchemist and the girl that got involved is a person which is involved in magic side.... wait the students of that school innocent and doesn't know a thing so when he saw them blast into meat pieces all over to be sacrifice for the spell that might count as one. But he don't know them at all.
the 3rd battle is an esper and doesn't count
4th story is with his family. Hmm he didn't get anyone injured on that story.
5th story is a magician that attacks the city but against anti-skill they are combat ready. and the magician that tried to kidnap index didn't hurt innocent citizens of academy city
6th story battle against battle nuns and all magic citizen
7th story is science side again
then this story of daihaseisai.

This is his first time seeing a friend hurt that which is not connected to all his battles and not even combat prepared or the person itself which gets hit is someone who is totally unaware of what happen and also a friend of his..... too many reasons for me to be shock and won't make a proper judgment on that moment unless someone wakes me up from that bad dream.
Old 2010-12-04, 15:06   Link #82
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think one, with experience in dire situations, should have been able to react quickly to the situation and later feel bad about having someone get involved.
Old 2010-12-04, 16:19   Link #83
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

since they said 2 magicians entered AC i'm assuming we'll see the other one in the future, but does anyone know what spell got cancelled when Touma and Oriana shook hands
Old 2010-12-04, 17:08   Link #84
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Someone posted a detailed explanation of what it was (I think it was Chaos2Frozen but I'm not sure) in the episode 8 thread, but I can't find it.

Basically it affects people to think something along the lines of "Oh, I don't need to approach her now. I'll talk to her later."
Old 2010-12-04, 17:45   Link #85
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post

>_> I didn't even know Saten goes to a different school... I have poor comprehension sometimes, so yeah. I don't even know what the hell's going on in Index half the time, I generally understand things on a scene-by-scene basis but the main plot and villain motivations of any arc are usually fuzzy to me. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.

But dude... She doesn't even wear their uniform !

(Well except that one time...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
why is it again that ESPers can't use magic?
They can use magic, it's just a little bit bloody cause AIM screws with magic.

Quote:
But anyone that isn't an ESPer can use magic right? Since magic was a way for ordinary people to gain abilities on the level of people with abilities?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
since they said 2 magicians entered AC i'm assuming we'll see the other one in the future, but does anyone know what spell got cancelled when Touma and Oriana shook hands
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Someone posted a detailed explanation of what it was (I think it was Chaos2Frozen but I'm not sure) in the episode 8 thread, but I can't find it.

Basically it affects people to think something along the lines of "Oh, I don't need to approach her now. I'll talk to her later."
Yes I did, but it was deleted because apparently it was 'information that hasn't been revealed by the anime yet'.

Anyway I doubt it would be revealed by the anime at this point so here it is again.

Spoiler for Silent Coin:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 18:49   Link #86
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

time to punch another girl Touma!
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 19:08   Link #87
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I mean Touma knew there was a chance that feedback would happen yet after Fukiyose is hit he stands there looking on and we have Tsuchi tell him the basics and what to once again, even tho he should already know.
As soon as Fukiyose was hit, Touma should have ran over and dealt with the problem straight away.
It would have shown that the lad can think for himself and would have made the scene much better overall.
Yes, Touma was quite daft in that scene
Already before, he had to touch Styil to dispell the magic on him, he should know what to do. Then he finally finds the pole, right before Fukiyose touches it, then she touches it... and instead of rushing to her and touching her to dispell the magic, just like he did it with Styil only a short while ago, he just stand there stupidly and has to be told what to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
SPOT the DIFFERENCES =>
Spoiler:
Right side looks better - not much, but still. Which episodes are the screenshots from?

Quote:
I know. She possessed an eerie resemblance to Saten, but her hair was shorter and didn't have a flower clip.
A shame, really... they surely could've put Saten in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
you can clearly see she was waiting for a kiss, touma was just too dense to go with the flow.
He was definitely incredibly dense to not notice such a glaringly obvious thing. Instead he asks if she has a fever... now that was really damn insensible

Touma being so incredibly dense and slow on the uptake might also be why he didn't do anything when Fukiyose got hit by the countermagic spell, his brain's processing speed was simply too slow

Quote:
1. How many times does Touma need to be told to use his Imagine Breaker?
3. How long will it take him to realize these are life and death situations?
7. Why did Touma push the girl out of the way but stand there himself, instead of moving away?
Just as I said above, Touma is a bit slow on the uptake

"Eyes to Brain: Two big poles are falling our way!"
"Brain to Eyes: What? Two poles? What are they doing there?"
"Eyes to Brain: They're falling. Should they continue doing that, they might even hit us."
"Brain to Eyes: Oh. ... Try staring at them and see if they'll go away then."
"Eyes to Brain: Ok, staring at them now... really hard..."

<poles are hit my Mikoto's attack>

"Eyes to Brain: The poles were hit by some attack, putting them out of business."
"Brain to Eyes: Good job with the staring there, Eyes."
"Eyes to Brain: Did I do that? ... Guess I did. Yes, pretty good job indeed. Didn't even know I could do that."

Quote:
6. Why hasn't Index put her panties back on yet!?
She likes getting some fresh air on her female parts there. They never get any fresh air with her robes on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Funniest part of the episode was Touma's astonishment that Oriana found out he was following her. Hell, he might as well have been giving her a piggyback. He needs to brush on them detective skills better and less on those flowery soap box speeches...
Hey, no one told him that people will notice you, if you walk right after them. How should he know?
Old 2010-12-04, 19:17   Link #88
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post

A shame, really... they surely could've put Saten in here.
Surely you don't mean as a participant in the match? That is Tokiwadai middle school you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Hey, no one told him that people will notice you, if you walk right after them. How should he know?
To be fair, Touma kept a safe distance away you know.
Old 2010-12-04, 19:22   Link #89
Not Random
看著看著你來來去去

Well in Touma's defense, Styl was struck by a counterspell and Fukiyose was struck by shorthand. Touma was unaware of the properties of both of them; he only knew they were dangerous and could severly harm someone.

But I agree... Touma isn't very smart. The whole pole thing was very unsettling with how he stood there with wide eyes and a slack jaw.
Old 2010-12-04, 19:30   Link #90
Ashaman

Yeah, the anime handled that badly.

In the novel he knocks the girl and himself out of the way, but loses his balance and ends up on the ground. Then something changes the angle that the pole was falling so they'll land on him and the girl.

Both of Touma and random girl are lying on the ground, so he only really has time to push the girl out of the way, who seems to have no spacial awareness at all.

Then Mikoto saves him
Old 2010-12-04, 21:20   Link #91
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I was already in the dark side for a long, long time. Did you forget my constant praise for your BL fanfic? I just never looked at TsuchimikadoxTouma as a possible ship before now, lol. Also, thank you for that picture. -saves-

ESPers actually can use magic but their AIM fields would violently reject it. This includes Level 0s as well, even though they don't have powers, as demonstrated by Tsuchimikado. Anyone who isn't an ESPer can use magic normally like Komoe-sensei at the beginning of Index. However, take note of this conversation:

Spoiler for volume 1 the 7th-egde.:
Tsuchimikado is a Level 0? Isn't 0 normal people?
Old 2010-12-04, 21:37   Link #92
Dr. Casey

I thought most people start at Level 1, and Level 0s are the unlucky ones that can't ever advance any further. I've always thought there should be a legalized level upper that brings Level 0s to Level 1 so that they have a fair shot like everyone else, but doesn't do anything for anyone past Level 0.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 21:43   Link #93
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Level 1's generate AIM.....un-altered humans don't
Old 2010-12-04, 21:50   Link #94
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
time to punch another girl Touma!
You sure she's a girl? She does master in traps, just sayin.
Old 2010-12-04, 22:00   Link #95
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
To be fair, Touma kept a safe distance away you know.
Naw, he was too close. He did well by walking to the side and not directly behind, but still too close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
You sure she's a girl? She does master in traps, just sayin.
Oh snap!

That'd suck... truly.
Old 2010-12-04, 22:04   Link #96
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Don't think Level 0 is just normal people.
Tsuchimikado is Level 0 because he has no control on his ESPer ability, its just there and works.

The levels seem to not indicate power level, just level of control over the ability.
Old 2010-12-04, 22:18   Link #97
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Don't think Level 0 is just normal people.
Tsuchimikado is Level 0 because he has no control on his ESPer ability, its just there and works.

The levels seem to not indicate power level, just level of control over the ability.
It's a combination of both.

The reason for being Level 0 is either they can't detect it using their machines and numbers, or it's too unreliable.

Tsuchimikado happens to be both- How do you test regeneration? By hurting yourself, not something a decent school would put their students through. Then there's the problem that regeneration doesn't always activate...
Old 2010-12-04, 22:18   Link #98
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Level 1's generate AIM.....un-altered humans don't
And those who got their brain messed even if they're level 0 generate AIM.
Tsuchimikado is the example for this case.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 22:42   Link #99
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

is already known that lvl 0 are the rarest of all, also not all lvl 0 migth be lvl 0 actually since the "system scan"cant probably detect some types of abilities, an example is tsuchimikado his power is probably higier than lvl 0 but to measure him the test for that would be a little...
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 23:06   Link #100
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
From the Q&A thread:

Quote:
Basically, Level 0's have passive or no abilities, and starting from Level 1 it rises up depending on how much control and power an ESPer has. The rate of ability development and level differ from person to person. For example, Mikoto and Saten are the same age, but Mikoto is a Level 5 whereas Saten is a Level 0.
Quote:
is already known that lvl 0 are the rarest of all, also not all lvl 0 migth be lvl 0 actually since the "system scan"cant probably detect some types of abilities, an example is tsuchimikado his power is probably higier than lvl 0 but to measure him the test for that would be a little...
Level 0's aren't rare. If you've watched it, think back to Railgun and remember the Skill-out people. They're all Level 0's.