AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-21, 09:16   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Infinite Stratos - Character Discussion - Rin

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Rin related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Infinite Stratos fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-01-21, 09:29   Link #2
Sixth
Hu Tao

She is good. I like her outgoing personality...and she is freaking direct when it comes to Ichika. Instead of being tsun tsun, she attack.

Houki should learn from her.
Old 2011-01-21, 10:54   Link #3
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

China is best (so far in the anime).

I like.
Old 2011-01-21, 10:56   Link #4
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

yup she is direct that her strong point
Old 2011-01-21, 11:00   Link #5
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

I like this one too. I read a few complaints about being bothered a bit by her VA and i gotta say her voice is good.I would've been annoyed if it was a VA always trying to make that annoying cute girl voice.
Old 2011-01-21, 16:53   Link #6
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
She is good. I like her outgoing personality...and she is freaking direct when it comes to Ichika. Instead of being tsun tsun, she attack.

Houki should learn from her.
Her frontal personality with Ichika is defiantly getting the upperhand against Houki.
Old 2011-01-21, 17:08   Link #7
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

um... someone made a point about her. Her name is LIN not RIN because she is from china
Old 2011-01-21, 17:36   Link #8
Belgaesh

Most of the subs also made mistakes with the name of Houki, she is Sinonono not Shinonono, at least is the romanji name that the autor used in the novels.
Old 2011-01-21, 17:43   Link #9
dark998

She is very cute and knows how to handle her rivals. Nice personality too, caring without being overly pushy or annoying.
Old 2011-01-21, 19:08   Link #10
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
She is very cute and knows how to handle her rivals. Nice personality too, caring without being overly pushy or annoying.
Yes...I like how she handle her rivals.

"I am not interested with you and I am talking with Ichika now, can you all get lost now?"

Old 2011-01-21, 20:29   Link #11
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Her voice seems to be the most appealing as of yet.
Old 2011-01-21, 20:37   Link #12
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Yes...I like how she handle her rivals.

"I am not interested with you and I am talking with Ichika now, can you all get lost now?"

Very brave girl she is when dealing with her opponents
Old 2011-01-22, 05:50   Link #13
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Best character so far, I hope she doesn't get derailed like Cecilia did. She's also the sexiest, as I'm quite fond of "short but not loli" girls, and she doesn't play hard-to-get like Houki.
Old 2011-01-22, 05:52   Link #14
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Best character so far, I hope she doesn't get derailed like Cecilia did. She's also the sexiest, as I'm quite fond of "short but not loli" girls, and she doesn't play hard-to-get like Houki.
Her character personality so far looks pretty solid no matter if she wins or loses, so she will probably stay the way she is then make a certain degree turn like Cecilia did
Old 2011-01-22, 06:02   Link #15
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Her character personality so far looks pretty solid no matter if she wins or loses, so she will probably stay the way she is then make a certain degree turn like Cecilia did
That's good to know.

If I'm not mistaken, Rin is a Type B tsundere, which I am a lot more fond of than the Type A tsundere that characters like Houki and Shana are.
Old 2011-01-24, 04:41   Link #16
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Rin is pretty coolheaded and charming as well, and thats just by how she handled houkis violent mood swing. She didnt wail on her or anything, of which I was surprised she did not.

I was thinking though, and odds are good she knows some form of martial arts, most likely chinese martial arts. This is judging by seeing her melee type of IS and the random feelings i got that she was about to kill someone in this episode(for good reasons though atleast)
Old 2011-01-27, 23:53   Link #17
Kyuusaisha

God, recent episode. Lots of Rin. I can't even think properly right now yet I'm still trying to write something.

Her actions at the end were quite cute.

Seal of approval earned.
Old 2011-01-28, 17:04   Link #18
Coma_

so cute!

enough said
Old 2011-01-28, 17:31   Link #19
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well, nothing about Rin changed ever since the fight like what happened to Cecilia, and she still isn't severely hostile towards Ichika like Houki. So she has officially passed the test
Old 2011-01-28, 18:43   Link #20
Seihai
スマイリウム

I'd say she passed already ever since that promise.

Tags
characters