AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-10, 22:50   Link #3261
sa547
*Author

You might want to look into this:
Skyrim GEMS - Gameplay Enhancement Mods for Skyrim

Last edited by sa547; 2012-10-11 at 01:42.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 00:22   Link #3262
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Had to re-install Skyrim when reformat my computer, and not sure what mods to install.

So far I have the

1. UFO (Ultimate Follower Overhaul)
2. Skyrim HD - 2K Textures
3. Skyrim UI
4. Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons & The Wilds

What are some more essentials.

No need to recomend optional things like armors player homes, ect.

Trying to basically just get a straight up skyrim game but improve all aspects of sound, graphics, immersion, realism, ect.

I'll worry about what armor types, body types, hair, player homes, weapons, ect that I want to add into game. I just want to know what other BASIC essentials I'm missing.
Convenient Horse, Jaysus swords, Weapons of the Third Era, Better Sorting, and, Categorized Favorites. These are some of the mods I always have, but yeah looking at GEMS is helpful too.
Old 2012-10-11, 00:26   Link #3263
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Ars Metallica is good if you're frustrated in trying to acquire smithing ingots.
Old 2012-10-11, 02:00   Link #3264
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Ars Metallica is good if you're frustrated in trying to acquire smithing ingots.
I'm using it to recycle waste left behind by my kills.
Old 2012-10-11, 12:49   Link #3265
Simonsy

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Forgot how many freakin mods I typically have installed. Have like 40 or so installed at moment and know I have plenty of others to add.

Haven't gotten around to finding the armors, weapons, houses, ect that I liked yet. Might wait around on doing those till later. I dont' like being lvl 2 and when I first find the blacksmith seeing like 10,000 things I can make.

I typically wait until I have all of blacksmithing mastered before I clutter that up. I mean hell if you take into account Jaysus swords and Bags and Bandoliers mod, just those two add like 200 things to craft i swear.

edit: sadly I forgot to transfer my save games onto my other hard-drives before I reformat my computer. Well actually I did, but for some reason my main drive was not letting me install windows, so I had to move to my secondary drive to install and that was what i put my saves and games on. Should had put the saves on my 2nd and 3rd just in case, or hell even an external drive. Oh well, life goes on.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 12:51   Link #3266
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

To be fair, Bandoliers aren't added to the Forge crafting list, but to the Tanning Rack crafting list, as is the Winter is Coming cloaks (Bandoliers adds only like three items to the Misc section of the Forge's list). Immersive Armors can get pretty cluttered, yeah, but for the most part you need to unlock certain smithing perks before they even appear.
Old 2012-10-11, 12:59   Link #3267
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
To be fair, Bandoliers aren't added to the Forge crafting list, but to the Tanning Rack crafting list, as is the Winter is Coming cloaks (Bandoliers adds only like three items to the Misc section of the Forge's list). Immersive Armors can get pretty cluttered, yeah, but for the most part you need to unlock certain smithing perks before they even appear.
Either way, I don't like to clutter up my crafting so much early game.

I like unlocking only one thing at a time and each one being progressively better stat wise. The immersive armor or other armors you might get some leather armor that is as good as the best armor stat wise yet since its only leather you can make it like instantly.

I don't want to be in my 'end game' armor from the get go.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 06:41   Link #3268
sa547
*Author

Wow. Someone modeled this, although so far it's a mesh and texture that can only be done by doing 3DS Max arcana for a body mod.

Kristen Stewart the Snow White
Old 2012-10-12, 06:51   Link #3269
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Pretty impressive, It looks like her a lot. The only thing that I can see which could be improved is the hair, looks thin. I think that's just the game though.
Old 2012-10-12, 07:12   Link #3270
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Wow. Someone modeled this, although so far it's a mesh and texture that can only be done by doing 3DS Max arcana for a body mod.

Goodey now make her the new annoying fan for us! god even in the game it looks like shes been cryin and sneezing all day.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:38   Link #3271
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post

I must protest, the game will clearly have a greater range of emotions than her, which will ruin the entire effect for her.

*flees*
Old 2012-10-12, 11:50   Link #3272
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

insulting her acting skills... oh well. I actually use a picture of her as my profile picture for this website ahah, She so cute >< my wife must not find out about this.
Old 2012-10-12, 12:31   Link #3273
sa547
*Author

I'd rather have the in-game version who doesn't have any relationship issues. Last time I saw a mod that tried to replicate a RL person, someone made a half-assed version of Aya Hirano.

Anyway, for those who want to build a house no matter where (always on dry land, even right on top of the Neck, in Oblivion, Sovengarde or Forgotten Vale), I present you this:
Home Construction and Decoration
Old 2012-10-12, 13:02   Link #3274
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So, um... anyone want to help me with some ideas for the armor mod I'm commissioning? Kinda running on some blanks on the rest of the armor and I'd rather it have more than just retextures.

The idea is a merging of the Ebony and Dragon Armors, using the Ebony Armor as a base. Ideas I've got so far is laying the Dragonscale armor's shoulders over the Ebony armor's shoulder plating, and the spiked part on the collar from the Dragonscale armor in the same place as the Ebony Armor. The gauntlets are Ebony base with a miniaturized dragon skull (think Dragonsreach's throne trophy) fitted over the right gauntlet, with a both-guantlets variation for non-shield users. The shield will be a variation of the ebony shield, set sideways so that when standing still, the top end of the original shield will be facing downwards and the bottom end being up towards the shoulder. The shield may be thinned a bit as needed.

Beyond that I'm unsure of what to merge or replace. Running a blank on the boots and the rest of the armor, particularly the leggings and helmet (which I want to remain like the ebony helmet, though maybe with larger or more elongated side wings), and what additions/alterations to make to the shield. Also unsure as to how it should all be textured; I imagine a number of the ebony armor's plates could be retextured to look like dragonbone plating or dragonscaled. Still working on the concept art for this so I can have hothtrooper44 (Immersive Armor's creator) see if he likes the armor well enough to work on it, as he's already said once I hammer out all the remaining details we can talk about a contract.
Old 2012-10-12, 13:23   Link #3275
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Best to use Monster Hunter armor as a reference
Old 2012-10-12, 13:25   Link #3276
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Any particular armors from there I should be considering then?
Old 2012-10-12, 21:47   Link #3277
DuoRanger
Banned

try to convert and adapt some armors 1st before you go int something bigger(it gives more experience)

here's a good one for example if you want to do something more Knight/Witch Hunter-Ish

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/36527
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 22:17   Link #3278
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm not making it, I'm paying someone else to make it, someone who has proven to make good armors before (and has already confirmed that yes, he can do what I've asked thus far).
Old 2012-10-15, 08:08   Link #3279
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Just got around to installing this mod.
http://http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19733
One of the best Armour mods I have used and really nice and aesthetically pleasing.
Making a completely different character that I am used to, going to be using magic and heavy armours.
Old 2012-10-15, 10:13   Link #3280
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And ironically the author of that is the guy I'm planning on commissioning. :k

Also you messed up the link. It's http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19733.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim