AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-04, 20:48   Link #81
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Enel was unlucky to face his natural counter, to me he's still close to Admiral Level if he has full use of the DF (I will always defend Enel........I want him back )

But while yes, Enel did look a lot weaker than he really was when fighting Luffy, I meant all characters that aren't either major arc villains or veterans, they usually look weak against Luffy or even Zoro and sometimes Sanji.
Old 2013-09-04, 20:52   Link #82
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Sorry, but I just got three words for you.

Laugh out loud.
Too bad there is no more cookie option, so i can't give you a cookie .

But ya, really, people need to realize Sabo is alive. It's not an If, it's a when and how question at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Rebecca looks too much like Nami.
ya. Nami pre timeskip sorta imo.

Rebecca is acting out the VV of this arc. I wouldn't be surprised if she is the princess the dwarfs were talking about. Actually i think she probably is.
Old 2013-09-04, 22:06   Link #83
Veviticus

That's unlikely. She's not a dwarf, and doesn't match how the other dwarfs described their princess (bitter, selfish, cruel, spoiled, ill tempered)
Old 2013-09-04, 22:23   Link #84
BPD Renegade

A bit wary about posting, but here goes nothing...

With the amount of missing limbs among the imprisoned gladiators, I wonder if we're going to be seeing Law provide them with "prosthetics" as occurred with the prisoners in Punk Hazard and then claiming the country for himself.
Although he claimed never to have been to Dressrosa, I'm still curious as to whether or not a relationship between the two exists. In chapter 595, he mentioned to his crew that he'd "take the seat" meant for him, and we see the suite of seats in Dressrosa...
Furthermore, is Kaidou really his main goal? It seems as if destroying the SAD tanks and smile factory have the immediate affect of toppling Doflamingo's position of power in the underworld, rather than Kaidou's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Either way I love how the strawhats are getting more and more guys as allies, they are quickly becoming similar to a Yonkou crew, having a bunch of other crews and territories under their wing.

PS: I miss Jinbe :I
Someone mentioned on a previous thread (somewhere?) that Oda said the series would take a new direction. This new direction could be the forging of alliances and conquering of territories, rather than the acquisition of crew members.
Following this line of thought, my prediction is that if/when the Strawhats take on Big Mom, Jimbei and the Sun Pirates, who are currently part of Big Mom's fleet, will ally with Luffy and the gang instead. This solves the problem of having a former Shichibukai as a crewmate, yet still allows one to sail under the Strawhat banner.

Quote:
In my eyes Barty's fanboyism will go one of two ways:
- He stays a fanboy, Luffy doesn't care/realize he's evil and is adopted under the Strawhat banner;
- Luffy calls Barty on his evil shit, Barty doesn't like it and the love turns to hate;
I agree with this but with a third option. Barto is so starstruck by "Luffy-senpai" he obeys his every whim and follows him like an over-eager puppy. Never underestimate the power of fangirls complete devotion in a shonen manga.
Old 2013-09-04, 22:30   Link #85
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Jimbei and the Sun Pirates, who are currently part of Big Mom's fleet, will ally with Luffy and the gang instead.
At the in-bold, where did you get that info from?
Old 2013-09-04, 22:54   Link #86
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
At the in-bold, where did you get that info from?
Chapter 652, the conversation between Neptune and Jimbei.
Old 2013-09-04, 22:54   Link #87
Slayerx

Quote:
But while yes, Enel did look a lot weaker than he really was when fighting Luffy, I meant all characters that aren't either major arc villains or veterans, they usually look weak against Luffy or even Zoro and sometimes Sanji.
Enel was just a big fish in a small pond; he wouldn't be that big in the new world. Enel was the type of guy who relied too much on his fruit; Heck luffy was the first time he seemed to have to deal with someone who could actually hit him; he would be in for a rude awakening when he finds out that not only is the new world filled with people with Mantra, but that many of people can hit him

Quote:
A bit wary about posting, but here goes nothing...

With the amount of missing limbs among the imprisoned gladiators, I wonder if we're going to be seeing Law provide them with "prosthetics" as occurred with the prisoners in Punk Hazard and then claiming the country for himself.
Although he claimed never to have been to Dressrosa, I'm still curious as to whether or not a relationship between the two exists. In chapter 595, he mentioned to his crew that he'd "take the seat" meant for him, and we see the suite of seats in Dressrosa...
Furthermore, is Kaidou really his main goal? It seems as if destroying the SAD tanks and smile factory have the immediate affect of toppling Doflamingo's position of power in the underworld, rather than Kaidou's.
By know its become clear that Law was a former crew member of DoFlamingo's and that he used to sit in the "heart" seat. Both Doflamingo and his crew show familiarity with Law and indicate they have past history; Baby 5 even pointing out that Doflamingo was "saving his seat for him" and we notice that the "heart" seat was empty; Law also happens to be captain of the Heart Pirates.

As for his goals... not really sure if Kaido is his true goal or if just said that to get Luffy on board. Like you said, his actions seem like they would have far more effect on Doflamingo than Kaido... Destroying the factory would only slow down Kaido's growth, not really that big of a step to bringing him down; where as loosing the factory or his title would do a great deal of damage to Doflamingo.
Old 2013-09-04, 23:02   Link #88
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Chapter 652, the conversation between Neptune and Jimbei.
Thank you for that. I seem to have forgotten that important detail.
Old 2013-09-04, 23:24   Link #89
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Enel was just a big fish in a small pond; he wouldn't be that big in the new world. Enel was the type of guy who relied too much on his fruit; Heck luffy was the first time he seemed to have to deal with someone who could actually hit him; he would be in for a rude awakening when he finds out that not only is the new world filled with people with Mantra, but that many of people can hit him
La La La I can't hear you!!!!

No, but seriously...it's true that Enel was a shark in a fishbowl BUT, he's still a shark and even if he's dumped into the sea he'll still be dangerous. Did he rely too much on his DF abilities? Yes he did, but then again it's still an overwhelmingly powerful ability and we've seen that Armament Haki isn't an almighty anti-DF ability. Not only that but he also has powerful mantra which he can enhance using his DF ability as well. Give him enough time to figure out Armament Haki and he becomes an even bigger monster.
I'm not saying he'd be able to match Yonkou or Admirals, but I'm willing to bet that everyone else in the NW would have a tough time facing him in a fight and few would be able to beat him.
I could go on about Enel all day, I do realize I'm biased when it comes to him but I also know that it's just logical as well.
Old 2013-09-05, 02:50   Link #90
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Well, her moves are implied to be fast, according to one of those convicted gladiators.

Nice sig, btw
Her speed could be taken as another hint to her relation with Ricky/Kyros (father or otherwise), since he was pretty speedy as well. Will probably take a while before this is confirmed or denied though.
Old 2013-09-05, 08:17   Link #91
Dark_Ritual

Oda himself said: "If Enel was in blue sea, his bounty will be 500million"(pre-Timeskip), last I checked someone having 500mil bounty isn't a joke even in New world..

And don't forget, Enels ability has no effect on Luffy at all(cuz hes a rubber), but if a COA haki user fights Enel- true they can hit him but that also means Enel can ht them aswell, haki doesn't make you immune to a Devilfruit ability.. Rubber made Luffy immune to Enel fruit which no one else will have..
Old 2013-09-05, 11:57   Link #92
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol so Barto's a Luffy fangirl. As expected Chinjao is grateful to Luffy, he even let him take command of his grandkid's army.

Blackbeard den den mushi was great. Don't know what Aokiji's plans are, but seems he's trying to use BB for something, might be in line with what Dofla said about the rumors.

Wonder how strong Rebecca really is, her specialty seems to be speed. Don't know about her getting the fruit, but knowing Luffy he'll help free the gladiators while battling Dofla.
Old 2013-09-05, 12:11   Link #93
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ritual View Post
Oda himself said: "If Enel was in blue sea, his bounty will be 500million"(pre-Timeskip), last I checked someone having 500mil bounty isn't a joke even in New world..

And don't forget, Enels ability has no effect on Luffy at all(cuz hes a rubber), but if a COA haki user fights Enel- true they can hit him but that also means Enel can ht them aswell, haki doesn't make you immune to a Devilfruit ability.. Rubber made Luffy immune to Enel fruit which no one else will have..
Armament Haki, depending on how strong it is, CAN actually defend against DF abilities.

Anyway, I have a question.

Did I miss a chapter where Sabo turned out to be alive?

People seem to be very adamant that he is, but their only argument is "It's obvious", so maybe I missed something?

By the way, I recall someone mentioning an "Artificial Copy Copy Fruit". About this, are you sure this is even possible? Have you ever seen an artificial devil fruit that is a copy of an extant fruit?
Old 2013-09-05, 13:05   Link #94
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
[...]Anyway, I have a question.

People seem to be very adamant that he is, but their only argument is "It's obvious", so maybe I missed something?[...]
I think most people are referring to a certain scene during the ASL flashback where it shows the revolutionaries. Dragon has returned but "someone" is supposedly needing medical treatment. I think it was something along these lines.
Old 2013-09-05, 13:22   Link #95
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Really? Hm.. I don't feel like going back and checking so I'll take your word for it.

Doesn't make it 'obvious' though. More like, the complete opposite of obvious.
Old 2013-09-05, 14:17   Link #96
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Armament Haki, depending on how strong it is, CAN actually defend against DF abilities.

Anyway, I have a question.

People seem to be very adamant that he is, but their only argument is "It's obvious", so maybe I missed something?

By the way, I recall someone mentioning an "Artificial Copy Copy Fruit". About this, are you sure this is even possible? Have you ever seen an artificial devil fruit that is a copy of an extant fruit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I think most people are referring to a certain scene during the ASL flashback where it shows the revolutionaries. Dragon has returned but "someone" is supposedly needing medical treatment. I think it was something along these lines.
Quote:
Really? Hm.. I don't feel like going back and checking so I'll take your word for it.

Doesn't make it 'obvious' though. More like, the complete opposite of obvious.
It's not just that scene that makes people believe that. Some of us follow one piece events /news much closer than average watchers/readers.

Oda was asked if Sabo was alive by a fan and Oda sensei answered by saying he would leave it up to fans on whether he is alive or not.

Obviously if he was dead he would confirm it. On other hand he wouldn't confirm he is alive , because why would he spoil possible major future events when he can just leave it for the fan base to discuss and hype? Hyping/discussion is also part of marketing.

P.S. Why doesn't it make it obvious? Yes there is possibility that wounded person was another person, but by going based on the context of the events at that time, it is much more likely that was sabo. But i do agree that what is obvious to some might not be obvious to others and vice versa. I would like to hear your explanation/reasoning as why it isn't obvious though .
Old 2013-09-05, 15:28   Link #97
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh it's not rocket science. To me, "obvious" means "absolutely no shred of doubt". It's possible that Oda actually didn't mean anything by it. It's also possible that Oda is a troll. I can't say either of those things is true, but you can't say that they aren't either.

So long as a possibility remains a possibility, it will never become fact.

Writers also say "Leave it up to the fans to decide" whenever they don't intend to touch an issue ever again.

And in fact, every writer worth their salt prefers that the audience decide how the ambiguous parts play out. Unless they decide to no longer make it ambiguous.
Old 2013-09-05, 16:04   Link #98
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Oh it's not rocket science. To me, "obvious" means "absolutely no shred of doubt". It's possible that Oda actually didn't mean anything by it. It's also possible that Oda is a troll. I can't say either of those things is true, but you can't say that they aren't either.

So long as a possibility remains a possibility, it will never become fact.

Writers also say "Leave it up to the fans to decide" whenever they don't intend to touch an issue ever again.

And in fact, every writer worth their salt prefers that the audience decide how the ambiguous parts play out. Unless they decide to no longer make it ambiguous.
We just see this from different perspective and point of view . Which is fine. I see and respect your points ( definitely a possibility), but i am still leaning toward my own opinion.

I personally don't see this as Oda trolling fans ( if sabo comes back). Oda's writing style is actually centered around giving subtle hints many chapters previous to when they happen. I see the signs and hints there.

----

A bit less relevant:

Another sign/hint i see of Sabo being Kaido is actually Kaido trying to go marineford. Yes the Marines said he was after Whitebeard but yet again it is the say marines/wg that distort information all over the place and generally get them wrong ( One of many examples is Buggy the clown).

If Sabo indeed was kaido, wouldn't this resolve the discrepancy as why Sabo never tried to save ace? If he was kaido then he did try but was stopped by shanks ( w.e the reasons shanks had, i won't get into that).

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2013-09-05 at 16:25.
Old 2013-09-05, 17:18   Link #99
ri0

Nice chapter. As anticipated, Luffy's gonna gather more and more allies (next up will be the mummies).

I liked the conversation between Blackbeard and Luffy and Blackbeard's comment about Aokiji which peeked most of the people's interest.

About that Sabo argument: Nothing's proven but there are simply too much hints to overlook them.
What Oda said is natural. Of course he won't deny or confirm Sabo's death... either way the tension would be gone.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming chapters. Luffy's reappearance in the public is gonna hit big time!
Old 2013-09-05, 17:19   Link #100
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I dunno why but the whole Kaido = Sabo thing just makes me laugh...
Closed Thread