AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-03, 14:14   Link #561
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by z-kun
... Tomoe Hotaru from Sailor Moon is actually Sailor Saturn, the warrior of destruction, not Sailor Venus (who is Minako).
Thanks for the correction. My bad.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 22:02   Link #562
evil-samurai

Yea!! mahou have released ep.7, my fav part was the ending song ^^ and great subs by mahou made it even better, cant wait till next ep.

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-01-31 at 06:22.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 23:52   Link #563
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Episode 7 is my favourite so far. I felt sorry for Hazuki but first and foremost I agreed with Kouhei's stance. But the ending was good and we're treated to Elfriede doing the next episode preview this time, that's a nice change.

The new ED, whether it's a one ep only or the new ED, is also available on the ED Single.
Old 2004-12-04, 03:20   Link #564
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
Episode 7 is my favourite so far. I felt sorry for Hazuki but first and foremost I agreed with Kouhei's stance. But the ending was good and we're treated to Elfriede doing the next episode preview this time, that's a nice change.

The new ED, whether it's a one ep only or the new ED, is also available on the ED Single.
Ah, I like Hazuki doing the preview better. Her "Fullu Fullu Fullu MOOOOON!" just sounds a lot cuter.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 10:58   Link #565
Tsubomi Koneko

Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Hmm... well just noticed the comments about the "new" opening and ending. It's great to see that the c/w songs from the singles are being used.

I think there were two other songs used in the anime so far as well, I wonder if those will be put out on a single. (I'd have to remember when in the episodes they were... it was in the first 4 episodes, that much I know. Maybe more songs now since I haven't watched since then.)
Tsubomi Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 16:05   Link #566
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubomi Koneko
Hmm... well just noticed the comments about the "new" opening and ending. It's great to see that the c/w songs from the singles are being used.
What exactly does c/w stand for? I've always wondered this.
Old 2004-12-05, 21:43   Link #567
音楽は死んだ
Boobies˛ = Fun

Send a message via Yahoo to 音楽は死んだ
Just wondering, who is putting out the best version of this show? Also, is there there insentive of a less edted version on DVD, or was there simply no content to merit that?
音楽は死んだ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 03:40   Link #568
Chronissz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 音楽は死んだ
Just wondering, who is putting out the best version of this show? Also, is there there insentive of a less edted version on DVD, or was there simply no content to merit that?

Mahou's has a better translation, Studio ADTRW has stopped I believe, and Suger-Cube is still on 3.
Chronissz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 14:39   Link #569
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by 音楽は死んだ
Just wondering, who is putting out the best version of this show?
Let's not get into this debate again. It turned into a flame war the last time it was mentioned. Pretty soon this thread may get closed.

Anyway, I saw episode seven and felt like beating the crap out of Kouhei after what he did. But right at the end, I finally understood him better. Yeah, he's a good guy. Still a numbskull though.

Although...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Bullsquat; 2004-12-06 at 14:53.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 15:14   Link #570
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 20:01   Link #571
Calca
Expressionless

Kids get slapped all the time for disobediance. You have to remember in Japan the cultural values are a lot different than what you are used to
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 20:06   Link #572
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I'd say that she definitely DID do a thing that's deserved to get slapped.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 20:27   Link #573
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat

Although...
Spoiler:
er..if this is real?

Gomen, i feel stupid now. I still believe in the "laws of Anime" thing, (even though they are seriously outdated, only applies to pre-1996 Animes!)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2004-12-06 at 21:15.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 22:19   Link #574
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Well it's certainly a controversial subject in the west on how to reprimand a child. I'm not going to debate on that.

My take on Kouhei's actions are that Hazuki deserved what she got, plain and simple. Also, Kouhei had given her harsh reproaches many times before.
Old 2004-12-07, 01:42   Link #575
evil-samurai

About Hazuki getting slapped by Kouhei, well she did deserve it, but still poor hazuki

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-01-31 at 06:24.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 02:32   Link #576
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
Kids get slapped all the time for disobediance. You have to remember in Japan the cultural values are a lot different than what you are used to
Due to liberalistic ideas from the West, many are taking up issues where the line is drawn from punishing a child to child abuse. Some say this is a good thing...others have their own arguments.

Back in my parents' age, it was not uncommon for a child to be slapped on the hand with a ruler at school for severe disobedience (such as getting into a fight) nor for a parent to reprimand their children with some sort of physical pain.

You do that now, the PTA, the media, and the liberal-activists goes nuts. Unfortunately, now you have spoiled brats who think they can get away with anything because all the adults don't have the balls to do so for their own job security.

For example, a kid is found bullying another kid in the school toilet for some cash. The teacher finds the kid and reprimands him by beating him with a shinai. The kid calls his PTA mom, tells her that he was abused by the teacher for no apparent reason. Being the kid's mom, she totally disregards that "my child would never do such a thing." The school wants to maintain its image that it is respectable school. Hence, the teacher is forced to leave the school. Kid goes away scot free.

As for the Western idea of "counseling," I doubt that'll work in such a society where we are brought up to settle private matters by yourself.

Remember, this is a society many people commit suicide rather than get counseling. They are too ashamed to ask someone for help since that is being basically telling everyone that you are a failure. This is a horrible humilation not only for yourself, but for all your immediate families (if you are a failure, then so are your parents because they failed to bring you up to success). This is a society where humiliation is worse than death itself.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 05:06   Link #577
dreamless

Yup, it's not uncommon for schools here to whip disobedient students' hands as punishment. Also remember Hazuki is not a normal child, how her mind works is different from that of a normal child anyway. But then I'm no expert on vampire psyche, the D&D source book I have on hand says they all go insane over time

BTW, for moe and the stereotypical otaku image, I have found a picture
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-07, 05:26   Link #578
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Well, I had decided to just roll with the punches but I didn't realize my opinion would cause so much response. So now I believe I have to take my stance because this is something that I feel strongly about.

First of all, I may have gone overboard because this is an anime afterall and scriptwriters would create whatever scenarios they feel will get the audiences absorbed.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-07, 05:37   Link #579
dreamless

Quote:
I was taught all of my life to never ever hit a woman and I have preserved this attitude from the day I was born. So it's not an American thing, it's not a Western thing, it's how I am. Two things can happen when you a woman that callously. One, she will look away from you in fear. Two, she will look down on you as a coward. These are long term effects. The latter seems much worse but more often than not it probably reflects the man's true character.
hmm.... somehow it sounds like sexual discrimination, so it's okay to beat a guy, but it's not okay to beat a girl... I'd say it's as bad to beat a guy as it is to beat a girl... but then if that's some idea that you have been brought up with, I guess no one can change it, at least not in an online forum. So let's just say different people have different ideas on this matter, and trying to prove your idea is right or others' ideas are wrong is pointless.

back to Hazuki & Kouhei, I thought Kouhei did the right thing at that time. If you want to look down on me for that, then I can't help it, I won't change my opinion on this. and it's pointless to try to prove that your idea is superior to mine or others, we just have different ideas on this. For me I think it's just pointless sexual discrimination saying beating a girl is worse than beating a guy just because of the sex difference, or saying a girl has some supposed intrinsic differences from a guy in handling this kind of things so she can't handle it as well as a guy, but that's just my personal ideas.
Old 2004-12-07, 05:48   Link #580
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
hmm.... somehow it sounds like sexual discrimination, so it's okay to beat a guy, but it's not okay to beat a girl... I'd say it's as bad to beat a guy as it is to beat a girl... but then if that's some idea that you have been brought up with, I guess no one can change it, at least not in an online forum. So let's just say different people have different ideas on this matter, and trying to prove your idea is right or others' ideas are wrong is pointless.

back to Hazuki & Kouhei, I thought Kouhei did the right thing at that time. If you want to look down on me for that, then I can't help it, I won't change my opinion on this. and it's pointless to try to prove that your idea is superior to mine or others, we just have different ideas on this. For me I think it's just pointless sexual discrimination saying beating a girl is worse than beating a guy just because of the sex difference, or saying a girl has some supposed intrinsic differences from a guy in handling this kind of things so she can't handle it as well as a guy, but that's just my personal ideas.
Like I said it's just my opinion, and I will defend it. I'm not going to look down on anyone for having their own opinions about an anime show. It is anime. And I've never said hitting a guy is good thing to do either. But trust me a guy can take a couple of slaps in the face. If I get smacked by another guy, it won't traumatize me as much as it would fuel the fire.

But say, if you don't think hitting a girl is any different from hitting a guy, why don't you try it sometime?

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen