AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-14, 01:56   Link #181
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

The prequels do not exist. What is this prequel you speak of? -_-

Although if we're comparing the SW chars with CG, who's CC? Yoda?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 02:01   Link #182
Voduar

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
The prequels do not exist. What is this prequel you speak of? -_-

Although if we're comparing the SW chars with CG, who's CC? Yoda?
Touche`. I just mentioned that because I imagine Suzaku could be played by Hayden Christensen, but not so much voiced by JEJ. And, sadly, CC is the early form of Jabba the Hutt. Pizza addiction is not pretty, no sirree. And cheese-kun? It evolves to the screeching thing that hangs around on Jabba.
Voduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 09:17   Link #183
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Hm, well, the new Suzaku still has the charisma of a potato sack, that's for sure. I still think he had plans for Lelouche aside from using him as a tool for promotion. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be no proof that V.V. is working for the Emperor, and several parts of my gut is telling me Schneizel is the one pulling Suzaku's strings.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 09:19   Link #184
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Personally, I don't see Suzaku returning Lelouch as a "sell out". I mean, it's like having a childhood friend become a mass murder, terrorist leader, and the man that killed your fiance all in one stroke. Sorry but I find it hard that most people would consider that person a friend anymore. ESPECIALLY, if you've been fighting on the opposite side all along.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 09:47   Link #185
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Personally, I don't see Suzaku returning Lelouch as a "sell out". I mean, it's like having a childhood friend become a mass murder, terrorist leader, and the man that killed your fiance all in one stroke. Sorry but I find it hard that most people would consider that person a friend anymore. ESPECIALLY, if you've been fighting on the opposite side all along.
Leave the mass murder part out, please. Suzaku has no right to complain about that since he is now participating in the invasion of Europe. For all intent and purpoes he had killed more innocent people during the last year than Lulu had over the 1st season.
Old 2008-04-14, 10:14   Link #186
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
For all intent and purpoes he had killed more innocent people during the last year than Lulu had over the 1st season.
yes, Lulu is really a good guyhe is not as bad as Suzaku.....
Please!!!! How can you say such a thing?If you don’t have any proof then please do not say it… if you do then please provide it!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 10:23   Link #187
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
to be honest, Lelouche isn't any better than Suzaku, and vice-versa. the only difference is Lelouche has a certain kind of charisma and Suzaku has none.
Old 2008-04-14, 10:23   Link #188
Eliarine

Quote:
Leave the mass murder part out, please. Suzaku has no right to complain about that since he is now participating in the invasion of Europe. For all intent and purpoes he had killed more innocent people during the last year than Lulu had over the 1st season.
Hum, key word being "now". His new violent self is more or less the result of the aformentioned trauma; it's not like Lelouch had nothing to do with it.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 10:24   Link #189
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
yes, Lulu is really a good guyhe is not as bad as Suzaku.....
Please!!!! How can you say such a thing?If you don’t have any proof then please do not say it… if you do then please provide it!
I have proof. As a Knight of the Round Suzaku had being fighting in a full-blown war in Europe for a year. Knowing his skills, tallying up kill counts of 50 people a day is not strange at all.
What, you think the Knights sit around drinking tea all day?
Quote:
Hum, key word being "now". His new violent self is more or less the result of the aformentioned trauma; it's not like Lelouch had nothing to do with it.
Suzaku has always been violent. He merely calmed down a bit after killing his father, and came back to normal after Euphie died. That's why Lulu commented on how Suzaku acted different when he meet him again in the start of 1st season.

Quote:
to be honest, Lelouche isn't any better than Suzaku, and vice-versa. the only difference is Lelouche has a certain kind of charisma and Suzaku has none.
Suzaku will sacrifice friendships for power, while Lulu will sacrifice power for friendships. That's what makes them different.
Old 2008-04-14, 10:39   Link #190
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Quote:
Suzaku will sacrifice friendships for power, while Lulu will sacrifice power for friendships. That's what makes them different.
if you're talking about Suzaku in his current state, that may be possible. i don't think he'd be willing to sacrifice Euphemia for power. on the other hand, Lelouche used the momentum after he killed Euphie to launch his attack. if he will sacrifice power for friendship he certainly didn't do so.
Old 2008-04-14, 10:43   Link #191
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
if you're talking about Suzaku in his current state, that may be possible. i don't think he'd be willing to sacrifice Euphemia for power. on the other hand, Lelouche used the momentum after he killed Euphie to launch his attack. if he will sacrifice power for friendship he certainly didn't do so.
That's because euphemia was his love interest, but also his "power", since she is from britannia royalty and considering her means, common goal etc, he would hardly need to sacrifice her for his goals.

meanwhile, lelouch never intended to use euphemia for his goals, he even surrendered when Euphemia was stubborn, showing her heart's content about japan area etc.
What would he do as zero? would he leave euphemia rampaging? As Lelouch he was heart rended, but as Zero, he had to use this opportunity.
Not acting after Euphemia's rampage would be ridiculously wrong.
Old 2008-04-14, 10:46   Link #192
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Euphie was both a source of love AND power, so no conflicts there.

And if Lulu wanted power over his love of Euphie, he would have KEPT HER ALIVE.
Nothing like a raving lunatic in charge of Japan to cause a nation-wide revolt. As I kept saying for the last few months, if using her is all he cared about, it is better if he doesn't kill her.

Everyday that Euphie lives is another bad PR day for the Empire. But Lulu couldn't stand leaving her like this, and had to put her down for her sake.

And what do you suppose he should say about Euphie? "Sorry, I brainwash her by accident. I shall now apologize by killing myself and you all should go back to being oppressed peasants?"
Old 2008-04-14, 10:51   Link #193
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer

I admit I have a grudging respect for Suzaku now, we have a handle on his charecter now beyond the second generation Kira Yamato.

I like the idea that he is.... on the level with Lelouch, both doing dark things and not trying to justify them or delude themselves if you understand what I mean. Suzaku stated to Lelouch his exact intentions, he didn't pretend it was to save lives its for his power.
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 10:59   Link #194
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Quote:
And what do you suppose he should say about Euphie? "Sorry, I brainwash her by accident. I shall now apologize by killing myself and you all should go back to being oppressed peasants?"
I wasn't saying that Lelouch should do that. Geassing Euphie accidentally and killing her wasn't part of his plan -- if he would sacrifice power for friends then Lulu would have stuck to his original plan, whatever that may have been. Instead, he made a smart choice by using the momentum, which makes the statement 'sacrificing power for friendship' invalid. Plus, he geassed Shirley to keep his identity a secret, once again choosing power over friendship.
Old 2008-04-14, 11:06   Link #195
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
I have proof. As a Knight of the Round Suzaku had being fighting in a full-blown war in Europe for a year. Knowing his skills, tallying up kill counts of 50 people a day is not strange at all.
What, you think the Knights sit around drinking tea all day?:heh
Yeah....you were there with him after all How many people he killed until now? What did he do during his free time?
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 11:07   Link #196
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

On the other hand she had gone through emotional trauma (imagine if you found out your crush was the leader of an armed rebellion and killed your father) and it was came across as him giving her peace of mind
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 11:16   Link #197
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I wasn't saying that Lelouch should do that. Geassing Euphie accidentally and killing her wasn't part of his plan -- if he would sacrifice power for friends then Lulu would have stuck to his original plan, whatever that may have been. Instead, he made a smart choice by using the momentum, which makes the statement 'sacrificing power for friendship' invalid. Plus, he geassed Shirley to keep his identity a secret, once again choosing power over friendship.
As I kept saying, if he want to sacrifice Euphie he would have kept her alive. The "momentum" would have been far greater if she stayed around killing people.
And he HAS to make an announcement about Euphie. It isn't something he can avoid, as she has killed too many. If he doesn't say anything, it would sound like he condoned the killings.

And as for Shirely, he Geassed her to spare her the pain. He could simply have had her killed or imprisoned, but we all know he would never do such a thing.
Old 2008-04-14, 11:26   Link #198
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

I really don't see it in that way. Euphie staying alive won't make the situation worse, since it already was the worst. A lot of people would try to kill Euphie, and Lelouche, as Zero, chose to kill her so that no one else would, in order to strengthen his influence.

Even if Lulu geassed Shirley to ease her pain, it only shows that he lacks faith in people, which does not resemble friendship at all.
Old 2008-04-14, 11:33   Link #199
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I really don't see it in that way. Euphie staying alive won't make the situation worse, since it already was the worst. A lot of people would try to kill Euphie, and Lelouche, as Zero, chose to kill her so that no one else would, in order to strengthen his influence.

Even if Lulu geassed Shirley to ease her pain, it only shows that he lacks faith in people, which does not resemble friendship at all.
What is this, is Lelouch unable to feel now? If he had kept her alive he could have used her as a hostage and a political sacrifice to the crowd which would have been better then just ending her quickly like he did. Instead he stopped anyone else from taking the burden and he placed it on himself, he says as much as he laments during the massacre. And he regrets it to his core near the end of 23 while in the privacy of his room with C.C.

Look, if you had actually been looking at Shirely, you could very well see there wasn't anything to really have faith in, she was falling apart. It was the least he could do for her after everything else that had happened
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 11:41   Link #200
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

And this brings me back to Suzaku. I like Lelouche several times more than Suzaku, but it seems that every thing that Lulu has done is justified. On the other hand Suzaku is considered more evil because he has killed more innocent people. They're both hypocrites, that's all I'm trying to say.