Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-31, 15:04   Link #3161
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
http://natalie.mu/comic/news/24286

Go for Tigers!!! (though I like Seibu Lions)

Spoiler for Length:
Hoho, very interesting indeed. I want that mug Thanks for the heads up poko-chan

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 15:30   Link #3162
poko-kun

Seems like he's been scouted by Tigers. lol
Old 2010-03-31, 15:51   Link #3163
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Seems like he's been scouted by Tigers. lol
You can't blame the scouters.
Old 2010-03-31, 17:21   Link #3164
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
And so he walks Mishima. Kind of anticlimactic one must admit but realistic nonetheless. All they needed was to keep them scoreless by whatever means necessary, and a needless confrontation there would be silly honestly. And of course... he strikes everyone out, assuring us of the victory of Seishu, and the final dream of Koshien.
It was highly implied by Ryoh's coach comments afterwards that:

- Even if it was a ball, Mishima's would have normally tried to foul it off. It was because it was faster than anything before that he couldn't even react.
-It may have been that because Mishima's didn't swing that the umpire thought it was a ball. This is further reinforced in the equivalent manga page.

Where we see the umpire sort of hesitating. After all, at such velocities the ball is no longer visible for the average person.

We were discussing in the manga thread that this was the author's way of showing respect to Mishima. He was a formidable opponent, and he's not going down in the normal shounen villain fashion after being defeated by the hero. Instead he's given a fuzzy 'tie'.

Anyway, I just love how much does the VA director understood the little banter Aoba and Kou had in the cafe. Just notice how playful Aoba's tone is during that little conversation. From being plain disdainful during the early series, to being half mocking, half caring halfway through to completely enjoying herself during that segment. Kudos also go to Tomatsu Haruka in here.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 17:52   Link #3165
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

Quote:
Maybe this is what Wakaba meant by seeing him play at Kōshien...

(My favorite team! Good choice, Kō! Although I feel sorry for seeing you stuck on perennial losers.)
The Rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 17:53   Link #3166
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
It was highly implied by Ryoh's coach comments afterwards that:

- Even if it was a ball, Mishima's would have normally tried to foul it off. It was because it was faster than anything before that he couldn't even react.
-It may have been that because Mishima's didn't swing that the umpire thought it was a ball. This is further reinforced in the equivalent manga page.

Where we see the umpire sort of hesitating. After all, at such velocities the ball is no longer visible for the average person.

We were discussing in the manga thread that this was the author's way of showing respect to Mishima. He was a formidable opponent, and he's not going down in the normal shounen villain fashion after being defeated by the hero. Instead he's given a fuzzy 'tie'.

Anyway, I just love how much does the VA director understood the little banter Aoba and Kou had in the cafe. Just notice how playful Aoba's tone is during that little conversation. From being plain disdainful during the early series, to being half mocking, half caring halfway through to completely enjoying herself during that segment. Kudos also go to Tomatsu Haruka in here.
I have to agree here, remember the initial confrontation between Kou and Azuma where Azuma kept fouling pitches off until he found something he liked. At this point in the series, everyone knows how much better the eyes of Azuma and Mishima have gotten but Kou was actually able to deceive the eyes of Mishima. That speaks volume at how much better Kou had gotten at that point. That pitch must have looked like a blur to Mishima which made him hesitate as a result. He didn't simply take the pitch, he hesitated.

As for Aoba, I would have loved to have seen more of her playful side

I'm looking at you Poko-chan

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 18:05   Link #3167
SagaraSouske

Have to post my 2 cents in tribute to one of the greatest anime series I had the pleasure to watch, and I watch just about 80% of the shows every season. For all of you that really enjoyed this show, we all should go out and buy the DVDs to support the artists that brought us this master piece, the author and the anime studio. No better praise can be made for the show then improving the sales number to support the creators so that they will be encouraged to bring such excellence in their future works. I shall log on Amazon JP in a moment to secure my order.
Old 2010-03-31, 20:04   Link #3168
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:

Damn! That's cool.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 20:11   Link #3169
jpwong

Quote:

Lol, you know, I actually have a box of those cups sitting next to my computer right here.
Old 2010-03-31, 21:48   Link #3170
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Lol, you know, I actually have a box of those cups sitting next to my computer right here.
For sale?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 00:46   Link #3171
Spoonroo

Awesome ending to an awesome show. I loved this show so much. Ever since I watched Touch in one weekend years ago, I swore to find and watch any Adachi anime I could find.

Also, my mother passed away a few months before the show aired, and I actually found it very therapeutic to to watch a show where they dealt with the death of a close family member without focusing on direct grief - how do you move on? is it right to feel or act one way or another? I found it helpful in my moving on.

Also one of the best OPs ever, imo, audio and visual - had a whole yearbook/memory feel. And how they changed the leaf that represented Wakaba at the end of the OP in episode 2 to a lighter color, but filled the color back in for the last episode...

To fill the void, I'm watching the series over from the beginning...unless i get other good suggestions...Id watch touch again, but don't want to watch that replacement coach right now.....Maybe I'll watch Ookiku season 2, but wasn't a fan of the second half of season 1 - they dragged that last baseball game and recycled crowd shots out a bit too much for me, imo
Spoonroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 00:53   Link #3172
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
For sale?
Lol, if they were, it wouldn't be cheap. Importing mugs is crazy expensive shipping from Japan.
Old 2010-04-01, 06:52   Link #3173
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

When Kou joins the Tigers, he'll get to hear cheering from fans like these:
Spoiler for size:

This is taken from this gallery of photos collected by the Boston Globe as part of an article on the marketing of American baseball teams in Japan. I wish we had cosplaying fans in American parks. Love those glasses!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 09:57   Link #3174
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Spoiler for size:

This is taken from this gallery of photos collected by the Boston Globe as part of an article on the marketing of American baseball teams in Japan. I wish we had cosplaying fans in American parks. Love those glasses!
You've never seen a Braves game have you...

Those Atlanta fans and their war paint...

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 10:14   Link #3175
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Spoiler for size:

It may not be baseball, but you should probably check out a Raiders game now and then. I'm sure your opinion of American "cosplay" at sport events will change dramatically.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 10:16   Link #3176
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've seen my share of American fans at various sporting events. Their "cosplay" isn't typically as kawaii as the outfit that young lady is wearing.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 15:41   Link #3177
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
i was expecting a worse ending.. but it was kind of satisfying.
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 03:53   Link #3178
sunwen

Their professional baseball is not very popular among young Japanese.
To increase young baseball fan, they use anime and manga.
but, most OTAKU doesn't seem to become a baseball fan.
sunwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 03:59   Link #3179
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You can't blame the scouters.
IT'S OVER, uh, ONE-SIXTY!!!
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 10:39   Link #3180
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

This has got to be one of the best anime starting in 2009, and definitely one of the best (if not the best) ending in 2010.

I thought Haruka Tomatsu was one-dimensional in Kannagi, but she surely wowed me with her performance as Aoba. Kudos to a very wonderfully made show - I've already rewatched it.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports