AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-06-03, 23:35   Link #61
Alchemist007
*Author

Riho and Akane got some focus, looks like redhead is next.
Old 2023-06-09, 13:46   Link #62
Frontier

Wait, that's not Ouka! The eye color is different! And that's Sumire Uesaka (in like her third role back-to-back on this day) using her serious character voice! Turns out Ouka has a twin sister named Kikka, and she's here for her sister .

Seriously, where is Ami keeping all these masks and joke glasses ?

Kikka has some choice words for her sister, who turns out to have left the family legacy of attending Tokyo U behind to make her own path as a struggling fashion designer and basically barely visits her family any more. But she especially has some scathing words for the girls...calling Riho a hussy, Akane a suspicious woman with questionable connections, Ami an idiot (okay that's right), and Kiku a diligent and proper girl who is probably super horny (well, when she's drunk...). Admittedly she was on point that some of the girls are already in love with him as the camera pans to Kiku, Akane, and Riho .

But of course Ouka doesn't care for her sister insulting her Cafe family and outright slaps her, which sets up the main character conflict of the episode and throws Ouka really off of her game. Although Kiku getting mad also kind of threw me off .

We get treated to some bathing Ouka and her wearing nothing but a shirt and underwear! And of course the camera had to show off her butt in panties while she talked with Hayato .

Hayato always telling his Harem how it is and making them address the real problem and truth in front of them! That's part of what makes the girls all fall for him .

Ami apologizing dogeza style and going into a handstand is so Ami .

I'm glad Ouka and Kikka were able to patch things up. Kikka was attending college because she wanted to, not to make up for her sister, so Ouka didn't need to walk on egg shells around her or distance herself from her family, because their parents worry about her too. And who wouldn't be concerned about the situation Ouka is in on paper? But deep down Kikka has always been rooting for Ouka and her dreams and wants her big sister to succeed. She also wouldn't mind an Ouka original outfit too !

Yeah...probably for the best Ouka didn't show Kikka Hayato surrounded by a bunch of scantily-clad women pouncing on him. Thankfully Akane was able to retain her dignity in this episode and treat Kikka and end this sister visit on a good note .

Hayato knows Ouka well that he was able to notice Kikka wasn't her just from her personality and dominant hand. And he knows how caring she is. And that seems to have struck a critical hit on Ouka, who may have truly fallen for Hayato now. If only his pride in espousing his Tokyo U cred didn't ruin the moment .
Old 2023-06-09, 16:09   Link #63
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Starting out I have to wonder if Kikka's planned career path is professional jerk. Who the heck shows up, takes up everyone's time for a meeting they have obligation to be there for, only to insult everyone? Thank god Ouka slapped her because that was getting exhausting.

Sorry to the rest of the episode. But there's no saving that character at this point. She can be the most attractive girl in the show, but it wouldn't help. And since she's a twin she's automatically losing to the sister with the better personality.

I wonder if there's a tactical move with this show to make every familial figure in this show look awful so the main cast end up looking better by comparison? Grandma looks like an absolute saint in comparison to Ouka's parents and sister.

Kikka can say what she wants but there is no actual evidence that Ouka's parents don't actually suck. Maybe they talked a good game around the one sister since she's doing what they want, but no real evidence that they aren't extremely disappointed in Ouka and giving her poor treatment whenever she did visit home.
Old 2023-06-09, 17:06   Link #64
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Starting out I have to wonder if Kikka's planned career path is professional jerk. Who the heck shows up, takes up everyone's time for a meeting they have obligation to be there for, only to insult everyone? Thank god Ouka slapped her because that was getting exhausting.

Sorry to the rest of the episode. But there's no saving that character at this point. She can be the most attractive girl in the show, but it wouldn't help. And since she's a twin she's automatically losing to the sister with the better personality.

I wonder if there's a tactical move with this show to make every familial figure in this show look awful so the main cast end up looking better by comparison? Grandma looks like an absolute saint in comparison to Ouka's parents and sister.

Kikka can say what she wants but there is no actual evidence that Ouka's parents don't actually suck. Maybe they talked a good game around the one sister since she's doing what they want, but no real evidence that they aren't extremely disappointed in Ouka and giving her poor treatment whenever she did visit home.
She feels like Ouka pre-character development. Must be genetics .
Old 2023-06-16, 19:32   Link #65
Frontier

Can't put an end to Summer without fireworks! Which gives Hayato some sentimental recollections of his grandma .

A late night Akane treat! And I'm not just talking about spotting her panties! She also gets right up close and personal with Hayato, practically coming on to him, and uses some inspiration from Natsume Soseki to confess her feelings to Hayato in a very poetic fashion...which Hayato responds in kind to more or less say he's too busy with keeping the cafe going to think about romance or the girls' feelings, even if he's aware of them. But he still appreciates Akane being around him, which is enough for her...for now .

I guess one good thing about attending the public bathhouse is getting all the girls in the bath together! Complete with a scene of all of them in their underwear and buck-naked! We even get the return of Wagashi Shop Lady and her killer abs! Quite the feast for the eyes !

Good to know Hayato has a pretty massive magnum, huh girls? Even got Akane flustered .

Wagashi Lady can't help but talk shop, and by shop I mean whatever romance might be brewing between the girls and Hayato. Of course Ami says she likes him the way a dog likes her owner, but Riho and Kiku get so flushed over the question (and their own obvious feelings) that they just have to leave the bath .

Welp! Akane dropped a bombshell on Riho! She says straight out she likes Hayato and is practically declaring war, with Riho too hesitant to admit to her own feelings, for similar reason as to Hayato. But walking alone with him at night, realizing she wants to be far more to him than just a housemate or co-worker, she outright confesses to him bathed in starlight. And just like with Akane, even if he can't return her feelings, the fact that he's happy she feels that way about him is enough for her...for now .

Dang, it's practically all out war between Akane and Riho at this point! Especially when Riho finally admits her feelings to Akane! Although in the end the girls commiserate over their shared feelings and how Akane just wanted Riho to be honest so they can compete for Hayato fair and square .

School uniform Ami! With a Jason mask! Good job defusing the tension, but did they ever drop those mud balls ?

It's nice that you're self-aware you're a ladies man Hayato, but maybe don't let the girls know that or you'll tick them off (even if they were kind of fighting over you). And now the poor guy is all mixed up and questioning everything about these girls and their feelings for him .

Speaking of girls who obviously like him but haven't admitted to it yet...looks like we're finally going to address Kiku .
Old 2023-06-17, 00:24   Link #66
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I have a feeling things aren't going to go Akane's way in the end. Presuming there is any sort of closure before the show is over anyways . Mostly just feel like her attempts to push things both with Hayato and with Riho is going to swing against her in some ways. Plus I just don't like her approach of pushing. I get how she tried to logic it out. But she didn't exactly confer with everyone before making her own move. If Hayato said "sure" would she have retracted her confession to let everyone have a shot first? Not like she didn't know how others were feeling before her own move was made. She only started acting like that after things were left in a holding pattern.

It's an interesting aspect that Hayato and Riho were looking at things similarly. Sure there is a part of not being ready to face the reality, but I do think both are honestly looking at the business and how keeping that place from failing being the biggest priority.

Of course looking at things similarly doesn't mean anything will work out on Riho's side either. But I'm definitely pulling for her. Has kind of run away with the best girl status in the show. Although that doesn't mean things will work out for her either.

An odd feeling that we're going into the last episode with setting up a focus episode for Kiku. I guess they might as well give her some focus and probably a confession scene? Although in that case I guess we really won't see anything resolved here. I guess they could always have Kiku slide in with a surprise win. But more likely it'd just 3/5 confirmed to confess and set up future story.

Will say it would be a sight to see Ami get enough of an arc to lead to a real confession. Her brain right now is really not geared for that kind of thing.
Old 2023-06-17, 07:26   Link #67
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I have a feeling things aren't going to go Akane's way in the end. Presuming there is any sort of closure before the show is over anyways . Mostly just feel like her attempts to push things both with Hayato and with Riho is going to swing against her in some ways. Plus I just don't like her approach of pushing. I get how she tried to logic it out. But she didn't exactly confer with everyone before making her own move. If Hayato said "sure" would she have retracted her confession to let everyone have a shot first? Not like she didn't know how others were feeling before her own move was made. She only started acting like that after things were left in a holding pattern.

It's an interesting aspect that Hayato and Riho were looking at things similarly. Sure there is a part of not being ready to face the reality, but I do think both are honestly looking at the business and how keeping that place from failing being the biggest priority.

Of course looking at things similarly doesn't mean anything will work out on Riho's side either. But I'm definitely pulling for her. Has kind of run away with the best girl status in the show. Although that doesn't mean things will work out for her either.

An odd feeling that we're going into the last episode with setting up a focus episode for Kiku. I guess they might as well give her some focus and probably a confession scene? Although in that case I guess we really won't see anything resolved here. I guess they could always have Kiku slide in with a surprise win. But more likely it'd just 3/5 confirmed to confess and set up future story.

Will say it would be a sight to see Ami get enough of an arc to lead to a real confession. Her brain right now is really not geared for that kind of thing.
I don't think there is any reason to confer with anyone. Just that she talked with Riho afterward is just her good will. She could remain silent and have more head start. Manga is already twice as long (or so) and it's not like there seem to be any backslash from doing this way eitehr.
Old 2023-06-23, 16:30   Link #68
Frontier

Hayato is determined to make up some new menu items for the Fall season! Even if Shiragiku is the one who will pretty much have to come up with them...yeah, Ouka is pretty justified sassing him over that. Of course Akane and Riho are just using it as an excuse to flirt with him, but Hayato is so confused that it has the opposite effect .

It's cute watching Hayato and Kiku make food together! Although Hayato kind of ruins the mood by assuming Kiku will straight up leave when there's no other place she wants than to be by his side in the café. You can't fight that Shiragiku pout .

And then things take a turn for the spicy when Shiragiku pretty much confesses to Hayato then and there, though her turning drunk from the disinfectant and pulling her usual drunken stripping and get into Hayato's pants antics kind of kill the mood. Especially when Akane sees it .

I love how Akane told her bandmates what's going on and they think Hayato is just playing with her .

Smol!Kiku with longer hair is adorable! And I think most people figured she met Hayato when they were kids, but it turns out her dad was an apprentice to Hayato's grandma back when she was a successful chef in Spain, and that she had some pretty strong prospects before she dropped everything to take care of Hayato .

So Kiku basically fell for Hayato when he protected her from the resident jerk loan shark again, not that he remembers it (of course), and her own dedication to cooking lead her to the café so she could learn from his grandma and grow closer to him in spirit. Plus it was nice to see her with longer hair in her teen years .

I guess I can't blame Hayato for thinking he wrecked his grandma's life and that he was just a burden on her, but I'm glad Kiku could set the record straight and let him know that she never once regretted raising him and he made her life all the better for being in it. It's enough to get all the girls minus Akane in tears .

Quintuplet ended on a wedding, this season of Goddess Cafe Terrace shows Hayato with his future daughter as she looks at the famous picture of the girls and sees her mother...she has most of her fathers' features though, but at first glance she feels like Ouka's kid to me .

Welp, now that she doesn't have to hide a secret from Hayato any more, Kiku is free to throw her hat in the ring for the Hayato bowl and confess to everybody that she's in love with him! And basically leak to Ouka that other girls are interested in him too. What a way to start a picnic. And that's before Kiku drinks some of Riho's wine and goes full Kiku on Hayato in broad daylight. Better watch out girls !
Old 2023-06-24, 00:38   Link #69
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-24, 05:36   Link #70
Alchemist007
*Author

That future scene was pretty random, all it did was confirm this doesn't have a harem ending. The show was kind of fun, but any seriousness was downplayed by the characters shooting themselves in the foot, which is why he couldn't take them seriously at the start of this ep, a guy needs some clarity. With S2 confirmed at least we might get some real advances...hopefully.

7/10
Old 2023-06-24, 07:08   Link #71
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
That future scene was pretty random, all it did was confirm this doesn't have a harem ending. The show was kind of fun, but any seriousness was downplayed by the characters shooting themselves in the foot, which is why he couldn't take them seriously at the start of this ep, a guy needs some clarity. With S2 confirmed at least we might get some real advances...hopefully.

7/10
It just copies Quintuplets again. Show us some future scenes during the plot to tease he ends up with oe of the girls without showing with whom exactly.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2023-06-24 at 08:13.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 19:41   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I think one of Hayato's most defining qualities is talking like he knows everything and getting carried away. Was set to basically convince himself that his grandmother had ruined her life for his sake and that would have been that. Frankly it's the reason he launched himself out the door and wasn't there when she died. Thank god things were cleared up before he got too carried away.

His Grandma really was a saint. The type of person that found the best out of whatever situation she found herself in. Could have absolutely been a hugely successful chef. And she would have been happy with that. But also managed to be perfectly happy taking care of her Grandson and making sure he grew up safe.

Future scene was somewhat out of nowhere, but I get the point. Just there to establish that this will actually have an ending and a choice will be made.

In that sense I'm looking forward to S2. Can get a solid conclusion to all of this. Honestly the show ended up better than I expected from the opening episode. The girls remained extremely cute. Some I liked better than others, but that's fine.
Old 2023-06-25, 20:10   Link #73
Estzero1

So after finishing this season, I looked up how far they have gotten.
It ends with Ch.43, while the manga currently has 110 chapters. Announcing S2 for next year is great, but how will they proceed. I wouldn't mind another season after S2 to finish the story, even though it depend how much longer the manga will last. I just hope they don't mess up and do some stuff to get some kind of ending in the next season. As for the future scene, if it's in manga then it has to be later and not where it appreared here.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 20:28   Link #74
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
So after finishing this season, I looked up how far they have gotten.
It ends with Ch.43, while the manga currently has 110 chapters. Announcing S2 for next year is great, but how will they proceed. I wouldn't mind another season after S2 to finish the story, even though it depend how much longer the manga will last. I just hope they don't mess up and do some stuff to get some kind of ending in the next season. As for the future scene, if it's in manga then it has to be later and not where it appreared here.
I can't wait until we get season 2, a movie, and an OVA special adapting unadapted chapters .
Old 2023-06-25, 20:48   Link #75
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I can't wait until we get season 2, a movie, and an OVA special adapting unadapted chapters .
I mean, it definitely could happen
Btw,time to answer my own question. The future scene is from Ch.27, but was a bit longer in the manga. His daughter looks like his grandma when she was that age. Not sure if Seo was trolling with Kiku afterwards, but one could say the daughter sure has attributes from everyone, so it's kind clever that not much can be figured out who the mom really is, but there are probably some hints disguised.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-29, 01:53   Link #76
Bakaraiser0711

it's not Harem end damn worst spoiler episode ever studio should be shamed
Bakaraiser0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-30, 00:50   Link #77
Alchemist007
*Author

Actually it being a false flag isn't impossible. Just depends on how cynically the author tries to twist it.
Old 2023-06-30, 01:24   Link #78
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Waiting for the pregnancy
Oh wait, in a way, we went past that already

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-30, 12:27   Link #79
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 10:08.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-30, 12:57   Link #80
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Closing out with Birthday Suit Ouka .

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance