Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-09, 12:14   Link #641
Key Board
Carbon

Episode 6

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 13:13   Link #642
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

so that's how they come to it...
Spoiler for ep6:

aaaaa Kazusa so cute~
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 15:30   Link #643
EroKing

Touma freebies.

Old 2013-11-09, 15:45   Link #644
Mentar
Banned

You know... there is one detail that's noteworthy. So we learn that Haruki found Kazusa passed out on the floor, and she wakes up in bed. In pantsu, without bra. Wheeeeeee...

You go, boy
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 15:49   Link #645
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Not good Setsuna, it usually the jealous girl who will end up being the loser.
Old 2013-11-09, 16:15   Link #646
Tenzen12

Why can't Toume be ill a bit longer, like for another 6 episodes? Definitely most cute being this season if not year (if not decade)!

Though I am worried what kind of trouble will Setsuna cause, as vocalist everything stand and fall with her (also how far Haruki will able go to help her out of her slump). There is so many things that can go wrong...
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 17:00   Link #647
MCAL

Oh Setsuna-chan... Keeping your true feelings locked up inside isn't healthy for you...
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 17:50   Link #648
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This episode gave me that empty, almost aching feeling in my chest that I get from the anime episodes that move me most. The interplay of the three voices was so effective: the deep, shattered strength of Touma; Setsuna's longing and uncertainty; Haruki's sensitive directness. Love them all.

I don't know who to credit for this brilliance -- game staff, series staff, episode staff -- but brilliance it is. Flickering emotions just beneath the surface, and the three principals racing for the cliff, hand in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
You know... there is one detail that's noteworthy. So we learn that Haruki found Kazusa passed out on the floor, and she wakes up in bed. In pantsu, without bra. Wheeeeeee... You go, boy
I wondered about that when we saw the bra on the floor. Unfortunately, it seemed to me that there was no clear mention of Touma being on the floor when he found her. He said taoreteita, meaning "collapsed," "fallen," "fallen ill (and gone to bed)," so I think she might have been on the floor and might not. She might have struggled to bed on her own (leaving her clothes lying about). Maybe a real Japanese speaker might get a clearer indication: is that you?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 18:04   Link #649
Mazryonh

"Second-best? You weren't even in the running!"

So, we finally get to hear the famous totally-not-Faye-Valentine Youko Touma speak, and it's only a very short flashback. Too bad. It's been a while since Rio Natsuki, Youko's seiyuu, had a significant role in a mainstream TV series, and I'd liked to have known more about her character, or even get a fandisk detailing her backstory about how she came to be a single mother.

I'm surprised that Hitomi Nabatame used her "high-school Kazusa" voice for "middle school Kazusa." I wouldn't think that middle-school-age girls would have voices as deep as high-school Kazusa's does. And besides, Nabatame-san is quite skilled at voicing young cutesy girls, so that just adds to how odd such a directorial decision looks to me.

And what's with the yagasuri (the arrow-like imprint on Setsuna's cafe costume top) outfit that Setsuna and Io wore this episode? Furthermore, if they went to all the trouble to animate it, why don't we get to see them serve the "customers" with that outfit (I'm sure a lot of people would buy the BDs to see that).

Spoiler for Setsuna is appealing to me less and less:
By the way, what's the classical piano song that Kazusa often played in earlier episodes that goes quite fast?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 18:12   Link #650
Freeter
beyond

Touma damn near gave me cardiac arrest. It should be a crime for someone to be that cute.

And can Haruki be any more based? Best MC this season, hands down. No need for any special powers or superhuman abilities, just dole out that swag and watch the ladies swoon. I wouldn't be surprised if Io wants him too.

Poor Setsuna's starting to come undone. She's about two steps shy of turning this into School Days (which would be hilarious since Haruki resembles Makoto ).
Old 2013-11-09, 18:31   Link #651
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

上原れな「届かない恋 ’13」PV Short
Old 2013-11-09, 18:52   Link #652
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
By the way, what's the classical piano song that Kazusa often played in earlier episodes that goes quite fast?
I'm pretty sure it's a song written for WA2.

I really enjoyed the scene where Haruki just took Setsuna from her class. This episode was again done very very well.

Spoiler for VN comparison question?:
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 19:26   Link #653
Enternal

What? No one's going to talk about how cute/great Setsuna look in that outfit?!

Anyways, things are getting crazy it seems. Also it's not only Setsuna that's coming undone but I'm guessing Touma will soon as well once she starts to realize how she feels. Wow, it's amazing the things that Haruki says without realizing what he's saying, "I don't do this for any classmates... but for you..."

@ Mazryonh
Just to note, I'm starting to feel that Touma has her fair of issues as well and I'm not talking light issues here. Currently the focus is on Setsuna's issues but I'm sure they will later focus on Touma's. I mean, one of the few things I noticed is how focused she is on piano. It's seemingly an unhealthy focus to the point that she collapse from it, fires all the people that take cares of her, don't open up to other people, and other stuff. That tells you a lot.

Basically each of these girls have their own fair share of main problems. I would not be surprised if Haruaki himself have them too at this point.

EDIT:
"And can Haruki be any more based? Best MC this season, hands down. No need for any special powers or superhuman abilities, just dole out that swag and watch the ladies swoon. I wouldn't be surprised if Io wants him too."
I think Arpeggio and Log Horizon has a great MC too!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 19:51   Link #654
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Why can't Toume be ill a bit longer, like for another 6 episodes? Definitely most cute being this season if not year (if not decade)!

Though I am worried what kind of trouble will Setsuna cause, as vocalist everything stand and fall with her (also how far Haruki will able go to help her out of her slump). There is so many things that can go wrong...
Well seeing how 1st episode kinda spoiled things and what was said at the end of this episode, concert will go well.

Things will start to crash after that.
Old 2013-11-09, 20:46   Link #655
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I want to say I'm with Touma now, because she deserves it (so cute, so stubborn, and so stubbornly cute!), but that part with Setsuna and Haruki in the train was adorable beyond words. If only she weren't in the path to crazytown... Seriously, the moment that concert ends... THE. GLOVES. ARE. OFF.

Also, I understand why Setsuna got hit hard by the lyrics (worst unintentional wound rubbing ever?), but can't help feeling I'm still missing something. Maybe it's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
What? No one's going to talk about how cute/great Setsuna look in that outfit?!
I'd rather talk of how adorable and super Maiden-in-love she acted in the train, but yeah, it was a cute outfit.

Quote:
Anyways, things are getting crazy it seems. Also it's not only Setsuna that's coming undone but I'm guessing Touma will soon as well once she starts to realize how she feels. Wow, it's amazing the things that Haruki says without realizing what he's saying, "I don't do this for any classmates... but for you..."
That actually felt like Romance Protagonist 101 to me. Nothing to be impressed about, really. Haruki swooning up Setsuna in the classroom, though Even Keima would approve.

Quote:
I think Arpeggio and Log Horizon has a great MC too!
Can't speak for Arpeggio, but adjusting your glasses has never looked cooler, and I mean it.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 21:09   Link #656
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Also, I understand why Setsuna got hit hard by the lyrics (worst unintentional wound rubbing ever?), but can't help feeling I'm still missing something. Maybe it's just me.
Not wound rubbing. That's not the reason for her wide-eyed panicked rejection. Haruki wrote these lyrics long before Setsuna ever came into the picture.

Get a release which translates the OP, think about it, and you may possibly see what Setsuna realized, causing her the anxiety attack.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 21:23   Link #657
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Thanks for posting this (short live music video of the OP). Love the song, of course, and the voice. And not only does she look great, I like the way she moves. Uehara Rena 上原れな, age 27, home page.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 23:32   Link #658
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ugh. why do we need to wait another week to watch the next ep... anyways, this was a roller coaster of an ep. touma absolutely blew me away in the first half for obvious reasons. i even told my friend, "well, it took 6 eps, but i finally have a ship." but then the second half setsuna did really well for herself as well. the amount of development each character got in 25 minutes was astounding. and it wasn't even rushed development either. i'm honestly amazed. sadly, the lyrics seems to be a misunderstanding, but its small enough that it'll probably won't effect anything greatly.

so we get the concert next ep, then 5 or 6 eps of the "actual" show. man, this show has me hook, line, and sinker.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 23:38   Link #659
liro
Super Driver

It was a sweetly sad scene, a birth of a villain, Ogiso Setsuna the third wheel.
Old 2013-11-09, 23:42   Link #660
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Not wound rubbing. That's not the reason for her wide-eyed panicked rejection. Haruki wrote these lyrics long before Setsuna ever came into the picture.

Get a release which translates the OP, think about it, and you may possibly see what Setsuna realized, causing her the anxiety attack.
Ok, thanks. Should've known I was missing the point.

From what you're saying, I can make as to what her deal is, and boy, poor Setsuna. Seriously, in a lesser show I'd say that was intentional.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical