AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-20, 04:16   Link #1
eggplant
Eggplant

Saiunkoku Monogatari Second Series Announced

The second series for Saiunkoku Monogatari has been announced on this site.

The new series will premiere on April 2007, so there will only be a short break between the two series.

I was wondering how they were going to complete everything in 39 episodes, but my question is answered.

Hope the second series is as long as the first.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 04:26   Link #2
Zappster

Excellent news
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 08:21   Link #3
andromeda0201

wow great news! i thought this series would end in a sloppy way but luckily there is a continuation
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 13:44   Link #4
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

The new series will premiere on April 2007, so there will only be a short break between the two series.

I was wondering how they were going to complete everything in 39 episodes, but my question is answered.

WOW music to my ears im looking forward to it i still cant get enough of the first season and its not even finished yet. IMO Saiunkoku Monogatari is underrated
Old 2006-11-21, 14:59   Link #5
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

So glad to here that!! Saiun is soooo good and so underrated. Happy to see that more epis will come out in April!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 15:27   Link #6
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Um... ok, I think I missed something here. 39 episodes? Not 26? The word 'sweet!' springs to mind, as this is one of my absolute favourites this (or any) season has so far offered.

So not only do I have a buttload of episodes still to look forward to, there's a second season announced as well. Christmas seems to have come early this year
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 10:44   Link #7
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

More specific info on Saiunkoku Season 2, ganked from Frontier Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier Works' Saiunkoku DVD Special Site
http://www.fwinc.co.jp/saiun/news/index.htm (refer to the entry on January 26, 2007)

-アニメ「彩雲国物語」第2シリーズ-

<放送枠>
【放送予定】 NHK BS2 毎週土曜 前9:00~9:25
【初回放送予定】 4月7日(土)

<スタッフ&キャスト>
【原作】 雪乃紗衣 
【監督】 宍戸淳   
【シリーズ構成】 丸尾みほ
【出演】 桑島法子(秀麗) 関智一(劉輝) 緑川光(静蘭) ほか
【アニメーション制作】 マッドハウス 【共同制作】 総合ビジョン
So they've given a preliminary air date of April 7, 2007 for Episode 1 of the second season. Like Season 1, it will be aired on NHK BS2, on Saturdays from 9am to 9:25am (Japan time).

The production staff is the same as the first season - except for Series Composition, which is handled by Maruo Miho instead of Yoshida Reiko.

I've linked to Maruo Miho's ANN Encyclopedia entry. She's only done Series Composition for a 1992 - 1993 series called Shounen no Ashibe according to the entry, but she has experience doing screenplay for Ultra Maniac, Peach Girl, Kodocha and, most recently, one episode of Nodame Cantabile. (I mentioned Maruo Miho's screenplay experience because Yoshida Reiko, who did Series Composition for the first season of Saiunkoku, has also done screenplay for several episodes - so I figure that Maruo Miho may also wear two hats for the second season, like her predecessor did.)
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 23:50   Link #8
tritoch

Did Season 2 start already? I think I stumbled upon SM Soushuuhen ep 1
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 23:59   Link #9
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
Did Season 2 start already? I think I stumbled upon SM Soushuuhen ep 1
NHK is airing summary episodes with no new footage. That's what you found. Season 2 starts April 7.
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 04:19   Link #10
Ch1kane

Raw for season 2 is out! hopefully WeSuck will still be subbing this
Ch1kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 06:11   Link #11
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1kane View Post
Raw for season 2 is out! hopefully WeSuck will still be subbing this
hope so too (coz I'm afraid I can't trust my japanese or chinese knowledge for this show... gonna need quite some help)! only 1 episode they go and they'll be finished subbing the first season (though I still have a lot of catching up to do since I'm pretty much just halfway through... >.<''')

(edit: wow... just after I wrote this, We-Suck has already released episode 39! XD hehe...)

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-04-07 at 07:15.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 21:28   Link #12
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Yep, for all who needs the detailed summary for season two, I have continued to pick up the tab and writing entries for each episode as it comes. Hence, if anyone is interested in the entries, just wait for my updates at this space ^_^

Shuurei!!!!! Gosh, and Kourin too, she's my favorite character.
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 23:59   Link #13
Ch1kane

Spoiler:

anyway side track a little i still prefer the old ED for this anime. ^^" and somehow i feel that they didn't really develop much for the 1st episode. so we shall wait and see
Ch1kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 02:28   Link #14
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

As the theme started up, it all came back to me how much I liked the first season. The flower opening was only the first of several times in the new OP animation that tears started to come to my eyes.

I enjoyed the episode, too. Was it my imagination that the animation seemed a bit better than season one? Maybe not a lot happened on the surface, but there were certainly two or three important things going on underneath. And as long as Kuwashima Houko is there, all is well.

Personally, I totally loved the new ED. Teruya Miho's 照屋 実穂 voice is just overwhelming. And she wrote the music and lyrics, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 08:02   Link #15
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

As said, Saiunkoku Monogatari Season 2 Episode 1 is out (hell, that's a mouthful to say) in my blog.

I actually find the light hearted pace for the first episode to be a good interlude for the drama heavy last few episodes. it's good especially to see Seiran all drunk and sarcastic!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 12:14   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've updated the page showing names, pics, and descriptions of the characters and their seiyuus. I think I've included all the significant characters up to now (29 of them).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 12:40   Link #17
KingMoo-chan
Onmyoji

I adore the entire first season, and this one seems to have started promisingly and moved straight into a balance of plot (with Ryuuki's marriage situation and Kurou's plans for Shuurei) and comedy, with the familiar characters of the capital finally returning after all the time spent in Sa Province.

The new OP sequence is also interesting, too, especially as it reveals a couple of characters that make me wonder. The brown-haired girl that appears at the start and end seems likely to be the Rose Princess due to her hair ornament and the way she is compared with Shuurei, and I deduced that the seemingly unknown man who appears next to Son Taifu in the throne room shot is one head of the Emperor's guards. I must ask, though, if anyone knows who the white-haired bishounen that appears in the opening is.

Spoiler:

I also must wonder who the last two characters on the official website are. (http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/saiunkoku/almanach/index.php) Their appearance on that page would suggest they are important to the future plot, although they do not seem to enter the tale until around volume 10.
KingMoo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 21:35   Link #18
katyqueen
katyqueen

Question would 2nd season be in subtitle?

I can't wait to see 2nd season
Does anyone know when that would be with subtitle?
katyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 08:32   Link #19
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Sorry for the double post. Just watched episode 1 of Season 2. Gold.

Spoiler for Season 2:

It's nice that they're going to finally start developing the layed out foundations of my 2nd favourite Shuurei pairing, second to Sakujun x Shuurei.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 12:27   Link #20
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Sorry for the double post. Just watched episode 1 of Season 2. Gold.

Spoiler for Season 2:

It's nice that they're going to finally start developing the layed out foundations of my 2nd favourite Shuurei pairing, second to Sakujun x Shuurei.
Damn, Shuurei has quite the little harem going doesn't she...Sakujun x Shuurei is your favorite pairing? Are you insane? Why?
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, madhouse, romance