AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-11-04, 13:52   Link #3981
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The biggest backslash ever thanks to the infamous announcement for Diablo Immortal had happened.

I wonder how the couldn't see that coming or were they so out of touch with their costumers?
Old 2018-11-04, 16:26   Link #3982
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

They probably had a fair idea. They just want a mobile game out there that badly. Mobile only was the real mistake. When you automatically limit people like that, it's a real gut shot.
Old 2018-11-04, 19:36   Link #3983
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Had they done like Bethesda did where they teased the existence of an actual full-fledged project at the end i.e. The Elder Scrolls VI after their mobile game announcement they could've mitigated a lot of the backlash. Also, Blizzard may have had the right intentions in having their blogs try and temper expectations for the announcement, unfortunately they were quite vague and thus didn't achieve the desired effect.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 00:15   Link #3984
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

And now they're making their sponsored journos(as if they were gamers) "condemn" blizzcon reactions like the red shirt guy and tampering with votes and comments on forums and YT. They clearly never heard of Streisand effect .
Old 2018-11-05, 12:05   Link #3985
zibi88

Once something appeared on the internet...it will remain there no matter what they try to do to hide it.

Deleting comments, deleting down votes in thousends, creating different YT accounts with the same clips as "non-public" so those would not appear in public YT page in order to not get all the downvotes ect. All this made their image even worse beyond repair at this point.

We should demand from Blizz hmm Activision to show us a forum post where fans in numbers were stating "we want a mobile rip off". Since Blizz is sooo listening to the customers than it should pose no problem to get such easy thing right.

But it was funny to see how fast Blizz activated those payd jurnalists trolls to try and stop the fire from spreading...it must sure burn back there in that office building.

I feel bad only for all those big fans that bought tickets and went there to show the "Big announcement" hyped by blizz for few months... it was like a big smack streigh in face. All those poor PC and konsole fans.

Still there is a good thing in all that...once the PC/konsole community was divided now they united together against the "Evil"
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 13:09   Link #3986
Malichai

What cracks me up is that these game journalists is praising the gameplay when the game plays like any other action rpg you can find on the app store. NetEase has already released a Diablo clone on mobile called Endless of God and I’m sure they’re just using that same game engine for Immortal.
Malichai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 18:58   Link #3987
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Once something appeared on the internet...it will remain there no matter what they try to do to hide it.

Deleting comments, deleting down votes in thousends, creating different YT accounts with the same clips as "non-public" so those would not appear in public YT page in order to not get all the downvotes ect. All this made their image even worse beyond repair at this point.
You'd think folks would have learned from the fate of Richard M. Nixon. It wasn't so much the crime that did him in, it was the cover-up. I must wonder, given this and other precedents (most notably EA's reveal of C&C: Rivals; contrast with Fallout Shelter and Elder Scroll: Blades), how on Terra the relevant persons thought these shenanigans would work.

Quote:
We should demand from Blizz hmm Activision to show us a forum post where fans in numbers were stating "we want a mobile rip off". Since Blizz is sooo listening to the customers than it should pose no problem to get such easy thing right.
I have heard that a big part of the motivation for Diablo Immortal is lust for a share of the very large mobile-game market in China. This is in and of itself not a bad thing, as has been noted, but the apparent willingness to dismiss the loyal core of customers who've been key to making them the storied entity they are today is another matter entirely.

Also in such discussions, I have heard that Chinese gamers see no problem with taking advantage of pay-to-win mechanics, or even outright cheating, just so long as they win. It would be interesting to see how much of this presumption has any basis in fact as opposed to stereotype, but that's a conversation for elsewhere.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 21:15   Link #3988
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They did mention multiple projects for Diablo, and did sort of set themselves up to disappoint. Though they probably had planned to announce something to go with it, but whatever it was isn't close enough to finished to get a go light.
Old 2018-11-05, 22:20   Link #3989
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
The biggest backslash ever thanks to the infamous announcement for Diablo Immortal had happened.

I wonder how the couldn't see that coming or were they so out of touch with their costumers?
You must have missed the fiasco with CnC Rivals. Same issue but with EA class
Old 2018-11-06, 10:00   Link #3990
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Which, as noted, makes Blizzard's misstep here even less excusable. And that's before one considers the situation referenced here.
Old 2018-11-06, 11:20   Link #3991
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Nothing wrong with a mobile product, but that particular place was oriented to PC gaming so just flat out doing that is like, well, it's almost a comedy routine.

Clearly as tone deaf as Vince Mcmahon

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 11:43   Link #3992
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The plot thickens. Kotaku claim that Diablo 4 was going to be announced at Blizzcon 2018 but was pulled last minute. They also claim that D4 is in development.

Seeing Youtube vids claiming that this surfaced after stock values took a big hit. Yep, that would trigger an intentional leak.

Wowhead link covering multiple tweets and a Kotaku link

Activision is just messing with the Blizzard player base way too much...but when their profit results show they got more from microtransactions than they did from game sales, I guess I'm not surprised that they probably forced the Immortal announcement onto Blizzard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Clearly as tone deaf as Vince Mcmahon
Given the utterly cringeworthy things that have happened related to the Crown Jewel event....yep. Another case where money overrides all.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2018-11-06 at 15:32.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 16:24   Link #3993
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Blizzard made a huge mistake releasing their ridiculous mobile Diablo game on it's own, especially at Blizzcon. They should've learned from Bethesda. Bethesda was smart because they revealed that ES 6 was in the making first. THEN they released more info on ES Blades. If Blizzard had revealed they were making D4 (or any other non-mobile Diablo series game), their Diablo mobile game would not have received so much hate. My bro said that all they had to do was a show a D4 logo in a 5 second video clip with some music and everyone would have loved it. Bethesda was smart because they did just that with ES6 lol.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 20:04   Link #3994
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The plot thickens. Kotaku claim that Diablo 4 was going to be announced at Blizzcon 2018 but was pulled last minute. They also claim that D4 is in development.

Seeing Youtube vids claiming that this surfaced after stock values took a big hit. Yep, that would trigger an intentional leak.

Wowhead link covering multiple tweets and a Kotaku link

Activision is just messing with the Blizzard player base way too much...but when their profit results show they got more from microtransactions than they did from game sales, I guess I'm not surprised that they probably forced the Immortal announcement onto Blizzard.

Given the utterly cringeworthy things that have happened related to the Crown Jewel event....yep. Another case where money overrides all.
Blizzard denied that Diablo 4 rumor. Never use Kotaku as news source.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 00:42   Link #3995
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Blizzard denied that Diablo 4 rumor. Never use Kotaku as news source.
If it wasn't for the thousand or so Hearthstone leaks that Blizzard deny that turn out to be true, I'd believe the denial.
Old 2018-11-07, 01:32   Link #3996
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Spoiler for text:
All they had to do is just put a D4 or D3dlc logo (or play D2 music in background to confirm d2 remaster) and say "but we are also working on something for PC" it didnt need to be a teaser trailer or cinematics just a freaking logo of next game/dlc which would make people feel safe that they are working on the thing they care.

They never delivered this and claim that they are working on multiple projects yet no one knows about those projects....maybe its Diablo Immortal 2 and Diablo immortal 3 alongside Diablo immortal dlc as the witch doc pack.

Blizz in last Q&A kinda confirmed with their answer of doding it... that there will be microtransactions, since all they had to say was "no, no microtransactions".
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 09:16   Link #3997
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
EA pissed all over CnC's still warm corpse, buried it in an unmarked grave and had sex with a chicken on top of the still freshly shoveled dirt.

We're only hoping that Blizz doesn't do the same with Diablo (they probably won't).
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 11:15   Link #3998
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
We're only hoping that Blizz doesn't do the same with Diablo (they probably won't).
Wouldn't rule out Activision doing that, though.
Old 2018-11-10, 11:50   Link #3999
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Kotaku is just yellow press, one of their "journalists" is a crazy SJW who belittles Japanese culture and anyone who likes it. He is also out of touch with nowadays internet jargon and just like Polygon and others they are just PR extensions of big companies while pushing politics out of their arses on every argument to attack gamers, remember the gamergate's "gamers are dead" debacle?

To quote him:
"If you like big anime titties you're a pedophile" - Jason something.
Old 2018-11-10, 14:45   Link #4000
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Kotaku is just yellow press, one of their "journalists" is a crazy SJW who belittles Japanese culture and anyone who likes it.
In other words, he's crazy as well as hypocritical... if I understand right, SJWs in theory don't go around belittling other cultures. Again, in theory.

Quote:
He is also out of touch with nowadays internet jargon...
And let me guess, still tries to use it nonetheless. There're a lot of bits of jargon I find stupid (the actual verablization of the hashtag; 'cringe' (as in 'X is cringe'); 'AF' ('something is so-and-so AF'); and the misuse of 'optics' as a synonym for 'appearance' to name a few), and so do not use them myself.

Quote:
To quote him:
"If you like big anime titties you're a pedophile" - Jason something.
He's using that term... I don't think it means what he thinks it means.

More relevant to this thread: just because Blizzard denies that rumor does not automatically make said rumor untrue. Further inquiry is in order.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler