Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2005-01-05, 01:10   Link #1
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Shinn and Stellar, Why?

Topic title is self-explanatory. Several individuals on this board, who's names I don't remember, have expressed opinions such as, "Oh boy I can't wait for these two to get together!" And "They'll make a cute couple!"

All I can say is, "Why?" Stellar isn't a spectactular character, she's underdeveloped, loopy, and unable to function as a normal person, plus her fashion sense sucks.

In any case, any kind of hookup these two would experience, would most likely be extremely hackneyed, and superficial.

End Rant.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 01:16   Link #2
Esper 28
Akira

Rax...once again, I agree with you. I don't know why Stellar has such a large fanbase. Why because she dances around on the sidewalk like a true blonde? Just because Shinn groped Stellar on the street does not mean they're going to fall for one another. What it means is that Shinn knows how to cop a feel when the opportunity presents itself. Could we later on see their brief meeting matter? Maybe...like, when Shinn firsts visually sees Stellar and she firsts visually sees him. They may be like, "You!" And then procede to blasting the hell out of each other.

So, yeah. I don't know why people like Stellar so much and I don't know why people are predicting Stellar and Shinn together. To me, it just doesn't make sense.

The only couple in GSD I'm looking forward to is Luna-chan and...well, me. Pfft.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 01:20   Link #3
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
Topic title is self-explanatory. Several individuals on this board, who's names I don't remember, have expressed opinions such as, "Oh boy I can't wait for these two to get together!" And "They'll make a cute couple!"

All I can say is, "Why?" Stellar isn't a spectactular character, she's underdeveloped, loopy, and unable to function as a normal person, plus her fashion sense sucks.

In any case, any kind of hookup these two would experience, would most likely be extremely hackneyed, and superficial.

End Rant.
I think it's because in anime, fans always want to pair up characters. Like with Dearka and Miriallia, nothing about that interaction seemed "romantic" to me, but people jumped all over it...

I assume that Stellar and the other two will get some more development once we get Athrun reunited with Minerva. If Athrun is in the sameplace as the rest of the "main characters" then they don't have to spend as much time shuffling through characters and can get to Stellar and company. Plus, on rumor is that Shinn is supposed to be held captive on Girty Lue so it's possible something between them develops there. I hope it doesn't turn into a Kamille/Four type thing.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 01:35   Link #4
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

It seems that now Shinn has no interests in girls other than his Mayu-chan!
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 02:12   Link #5
Raxtenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherazade
I think it's because in anime, fans always want to pair up characters. Like with Dearka and aMirialli, nothing about that interaction seemed "romantic" to me, but people jumped all over it...

I assume that Stellar and the other two will get some more development once we get Athrun reunited with Minerva. If Athrun is in the sameplace as the rest of the "main characters" then they don't have to spend as much time shuffling through characters and can get to Stellar and company. Plus, on rumor is that Shinn is supposed to be held captive on Girty Lue so it's possible something between them develops there. I hope it doesn't turn into a Kamille/Four type thing.
That so? Personally, even if it's a rumor, I don't see how they could make that work. The Druggies don't seem like the prisoner taking type. Neo himself wanted to capture the Impulse, but why keep the pilot alive? If he's affliated with Blue Cosmos it makes more sense to kill the pilot, given everything we know about them. And on that note Stellar would have to be convieniently in the cell blocks, and she's far too important to deliver food to the prisoner.

And let's say they both survive the war, and hookup. It would be weird. Stellar can't even act her age, I doubt she has the mental capacity to sustain a lasting relationship. It's just a recipe for more badly written, and contrived plot points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
Rax...once again, I agree with you. I don't know why Stellar has such a large fanbase. Why because she dances around on the sidewalk like a true blonde? Just because Shinn groped Stellar on the street does not mean they're going to fall for one another. What it means is that Shinn knows how to cop a feel when the opportunity presents itself. Could we later on see their brief meeting matter? Maybe...like, when Shinn firsts visually sees Stellar and she firsts visually sees him. They may be like, "You!" And then procede to blasting the hell out of each other.

So, yeah. I don't know why people like Stellar so much and I don't know why people are predicting Stellar and Shinn together. To me, it just doesn't make sense.

The only couple in GSD I'm looking forward to is Luna-chan and...well, me. Pfft.
Well, I guess people are anticpating it because they appear together in the opening. I just hope it's one of Fukuda's famous decoys. Just like Kira, and Lacus in Seed, it feels like the writers are trying to aggressiely sell the pairing, and shove it down the audiences throat at the same time. And speaking personally, I don't like things being shoved down there.

Hmmm... but going on Schera's first point, if there has to be a couple in Destiny, I'd vote for Shinn and Luna, sorry Esper. IMO the best Gundam couple was Tifa/Garoad, followed by Domon/Rain, and that's because they were together at the begining of the series, and had a lot of time to develop a proper relationship.

Last edited by Raxtenko; 2005-01-05 at 02:41.
Old 2005-01-05, 02:30   Link #6
Abicion
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Abicion
Quote:
Like with Dearka and Miriallia, nothing about that interaction seemed "romantic" to me
That's because saying that their little side relationship was forced due to the director would be an understatement, given the situation. ^_^;
Abicion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 02:34   Link #7
Kageh
Union Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
End Rant.
As things stand now, I'd have to agree. I have a feeling the series will come to focus on Shinn a lot more once things start moving along. Same with Stellar if they are in fact meant to be. Seed was kind of like that. The focus jumps around. There's still plenty of time for something to develop.
Kageh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 02:34   Link #8
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Points to the OP. That's the reason.

Do I care about it? Not really.

Although if I had my way, Cagalli and Arthrun would break up, and Lunamaria would go after Athrun.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 03:12   Link #9
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I guess it's the opening scene, where you see Stella and Shinn both naked and looking all "mewy" at each other that made everyone think that they'll end up together in the end.

I personally do believe that they would have some sort of relationship like Shiro x Aina or Four x Cammille. One of those "OH NO! You're my enemy but...but I love you!!!" kind of thing.

Or probably Shinn will go crazy and think Stella reminds him of Mayu XD
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 03:31   Link #10
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Er, maybe Stellar is Mayu...

Given what Fukuda had came up with in the past, I wouldn't be surprised...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 03:48   Link #11
Raxtenko

Ugh....just ugh. While it's true that there is still 4/5's of series to go, the problems are in Stellar's character, and personality, and any relationship they would form wouldn't work.

Something I just thought of. It is implied that whatever Stellar went through to become the a living CPU has screwed her up immensely, and she seems to require that sleeping pod thing. I'm sure Shinn won't be able to dig one up, so where does that leave Stellar? There are simply too many insurmontable variables standing in the way.

Fukuda could pull a miraculous way to make her normal out of his ass, but it would seem extremely contrived.
Old 2005-01-05, 03:51   Link #12
lubczyk

Or How About This???

Or How About This? Shinn gets captured by the druggies and held as prisoner on Bogie One for the time being. Stellar feeds him and releases him out of sympathy. Shinn figures out that Stellar is the pilot of the Giaa and out of rage and anger rapes her from behind. Sinn then forms an mental image of Stellar being like his sister and crys as he rapes her. Stellar than begins crying after Shinn mentions that he will kill her afterwards. Finally we see and hear Stellar and Shinn in a romantic date-rape cryfest. Aw, the possiblity of Destiny turning into one big XXX hentai cryfest.

"Coming up on the next of episode of Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED Destiny"

"Keep that hand where I can see it, GUNDAM!!!!"
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 04:09   Link #13
Raxtenko

Well that's inappropriate. I hope you're being sarcastic. Rape isn't a joking matter.
Old 2005-01-05, 04:54   Link #14
Takemi_Ikazuchi

The rape part isn't too far fetched. He's full of anger.

As for the mental imaging of his sister... No, just no. He might jerk off to his dead sister's cellphone, but what you proposed is unlikely.
Old 2005-01-05, 06:48   Link #15
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

I like stellar.She's a killing machine,and an efficient one(watch ep1).
I like female killing machines.
Old 2005-01-05, 07:15   Link #16
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

You people have some messed up thoughts...

Its better for Shinn to just die than be with anyone in the show.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 07:53   Link #17
Takemi_Ikazuchi

I believe Shin will die by either:

1) An enemy that Kira spared
2) An enemy that he spared
3) Either Kira or Arthrun spared an enemy. That said enemy comes back to kill either of them. Shin takes the bullet for them and dies.
Old 2005-01-05, 08:08   Link #18
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Well, the OP has Shin and Stellar naked together, and Shin is supposedly the main protagonist, so I guess that's why Stellar has a large fanbase. It's like Lacus in SEED again, for the first half of the series Lacus appears for about less than 10 minutes in total, but she's already the no.1 popular female character because she dances with Kira naked in the OP I guess
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 08:19   Link #19
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I always think that Shinn and Lunamaria will be the main couple before the series started airing, guess i was wrong. I think Shinn and Lunamaria is a more suitable couple as they have more time to develop feelings on each other, since they are on the same ship. I have no idea why Stellar was chosen instead.....
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 08:21   Link #20
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Lunamaria want's to get into Arthrun's pants.

Well, I guess you could pair her with Rey.... if he weren't gay for Gilbert