AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-04-24, 18:05   Link #481
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
he may not be useless but the writers certainly make him that way...in S1 all he did was binds...in S2 he did less binds...and in S3 hes nowhere to be seen im just getting a feeling here that he will forever remain a side character in the shadows tho it shouldnt have ended up that way...how ever the writers allowed it to happen was kinda mean on him...like he wasnt even given a chance to shine *sigh* lets hope in strikerS he gets a chance to do something useful...how bout being a mean shield?

That stunt always get the ladies...

And if any of you read finish the fic "Path of Vengence" from FF.net, you'll see that it'll work for him as well!

(Yes, fics are not canon... But then again, neither are theories )
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 20:41   Link #482
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Yuuno did more than Binds in A's. His abilities lies in support magic. Remember, he set up that Barrier that simultaneously healed and protected Nanoha in Ep02. It was only because Nanoha stepped out of the Barrier that she got chest-busted by Shamal.

Then there was his fight with Vita. Mind you... he was fighting her without a Device of any sort, and he still managed to hold his own. In fact, this is one of Yuuno's strengths. He doesn't depend on a Device to cast his spells.

Arf draws upon Fate's Linker Core to do her magic, so she doesn't count; and Zafira is a program borne of Ancient Belka. So it says something about Yuuno's talent.

People always seem to overlook this more unique aspect of Yuuno.

After that though... well, they kinda shoved him into the library. The point stands though, that Yuuno is far from useless in terms of capabilities; if only the producers learn to use him.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-24, 20:47   Link #483
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Yuuno did more than Binds in A's. His abilities lies in support magic. Remember, he set up that Barrier that simultaneously healed and protected Nanoha in Ep02. It was only because Nanoha stepped out of the Barrier that she got chest-busted by Shamal.

Then there was his fight with Vita. Mind you... he was fighting her without a Device of any sort, and he still managed to hold his own. In fact, this is one of Yuuno's strengths. He doesn't depend on a Device to cast his spells.

Arf draws upon Fate's Linker Core to do her magic, so she doesn't count; and Zafira is a program borne of Ancient Belka. So it says something about Yuuno's talent.

People always seem to overlook this more unique aspect of Yuuno.

After that though... well, they kinda shoved him into the library. The point stands though, that Yuuno is far from useless in terms of capabilities; if only the producers learn to use him.

Cheers.
So very well said.
Old 2007-04-24, 21:44   Link #484
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
People always want to overlook this more unique aspect of Yuuno so that they can say he's more interesting as a ferret than boy.
No offence to the ones who actually think he is, but I think this is a better term.

Besides, with recent revelations on the recruit's talent, it further goes to show that Yuuno is much more talented than he looks, and he didn't even go through any official mage training, being raised by a tribal community. Sure, he's no AAA, but the his capabilities with support magic and flight skills show that he's at bare least A or even A+ at 9 years old. I don't even want to talk about his untouched heritage, which is a gold mine of plot and character development, which has more exploitation value than say...Nanoha.

The staff of Nanoha are pretty much just bored of Yuuno from what it feels like.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 22:40   Link #485
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
No offence to the ones who actually think he is, but I think this is a better term.

Besides, with recent revelations on the recruit's talent, it further goes to show that Yuuno is much more talented than he looks, and he didn't even go through any official mage training, being raised by a tribal community. Sure, he's no AAA, but the his capabilities with support magic and flight skills show that he's at bare least A or even A+ at 9 years old. I don't even want to talk about his untouched heritage, which is a gold mine of plot and character development, which has more exploitation value than say...Nanoha.

The staff of Nanoha are pretty much just bored of Yuuno from what it feels like.
They always discriminate against the Librarian. I speak from life experience. Well on a more serious note, its probably because of their "hanging in the air thus keeping everyone glued to their screens" policy that the Nanoha series turned out with the way it is. But if A's is of any measure, I'm sure there's some room for backstory relating to S1 and S2, like that Fate-in-dreamland arc of A's.

Yuuno's just the da bomb for fics, but if you run through FFnet it seems just a fantasmal extension of the NxF innuedos of the animation. I remember I can count Hayate fics with one hand (Path of Vengeance ranks up there), Yuunoha with both , a smattering of weird pairings (Siblings not related by blood moe anyone?), the occasional satire (USB500's Lyrical Beauty and Chaos' Paranoia of Chrono are the only ones and they rule) and everything else being cruelly oppressed by the yuri Legion. We seriously need an injection of idea diversity IMO. Serious about "Mahou Shounen Avenger Yuuno"?

Last edited by Kha; 2007-04-24 at 22:52.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 22:46   Link #486
Yukiko-chan

lol we all have our own opinions kay ,I have nothing against you really just the fanfic thing you said got me a little mad I admit lol. And I didnt say you cant have a normal couple I just said why arnt you open to anything else lol.

I guess I got mad at the way you talked about fanfics and disrespected them and stuff...lol I would say more but im weally twired wight now and got to rest my pwoor wittle head...bye,bye.
Yukiko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 23:37   Link #487
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
They always discriminate against the Librarian. I speak from life experience. Well on a more serious note, its probably because of their "hanging in the air thus keeping everyone glued to their screens" policy that the Nanoha series turned out with the way it is. But if A's is of any measure, I'm sure there's some room for backstory relating to S1 and S2, like that Fate-in-dreamland arc of A's.
Perhaps Al Hazard does still exist (I'm not saying it should be about Fate though )

Quote:
Yuuno's just the da bomb for fics, but if you run through FFnet it seems just a fantasmal extension of the NxF innuedos of the animation. I remember I can count Hayate fics with one hand (Path of Vengeance ranks up there), Yuunoha with both , a smattering of weird pairings (Siblings not related by blood moe anyone?), the occasional satire (USB500's Lyrical Beauty and Chaos' Paranoia of Chrono are the only ones and they rule) and everything else being cruelly oppressed by the yuri Legion. We seriously need an injection of idea diversity IMO. Serious about "Mahou Shounen Avenger Yuuno"?

I've tried to throw in my share of YxN on Valentine's day (But ended up doing it late )

Also, what little YxN fic there are out there are... Well, the characters feel alot different then the impression they give during the anime

And to cover my ass from flames... I meant no offence of course. It's just something I feel... I know it's alittle too easy to get carried away...

(btw Kha? I sort of made a YxN 'sequel' to my first fic, did you by any chance read it?)
Old 2007-04-25, 00:11   Link #488
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukiko-chan View Post
lol we all have our own opinions kay ,I have nothing against you really just the fanfic thing you said got me a little mad I admit lol. And I didnt say you cant have a normal couple I just said why arnt you open to anything else lol.

I guess I got mad at the way you talked about fanfics and disrespected them and stuff...lol I would say more but im weally twired wight now and got to rest my pwoor wittle head...bye,bye.
On the account of the parting moe I forgive you. Actually no it was my fault for being a little tactless, cos I got a little "uexo" by the earlier remark too, so came out in defence, Kreuz up, guns blazing, and ended up with a lttle overkill a la Vita. Gome. :P

@Chaos: Yes I read "Back Scratching" first before reading Paranoia, but its only now that I realized that it was a sequel. ^^

Now where were we? Something about ol Yuuno...
Old 2007-04-25, 00:40   Link #489
Aaron008R

Ok.
As I see it, there shouldn't be any worries about Yuuno not appearing as an important character in StrikerS. Though I somehow agree that the producers may have become bored with fleshing out his character, they would at least give him an appearance and some lines (and maybe a chance to take it to the field) in this series. I don't they'll waste the building up they were giving him with Nanoha in the A's epilogue and manga. I'm not completely confident that he'll get Nanoha in the end. (Ok. Please, don't reply with "Of course not!, (insert name) will get her!" Just a simple request.) He would at least have some sweet time with Nanoha. He's the reason why Nanoha is a mage in the first place after all. I'm still expecting a few more questions from some other characters asking Nanoha/Yuuno on how's their relationship going along. I'm pretty sure it's still the innocent,"Were getting along great!" from Nanoha and the, "Were good friends." from Yuuno. (Hope those replies change as the series progresses). I'm not saying there would be a closure on the status on the relation (the producers have a diverse fanbase to attend to after all), just for some more innuendos. What I would really like however, is an unsuccessful (dissappointingly likely) but hilarious Ace-of-Aces-and-Ferret-boy matchmaker episode courtesy of Hayate and Riot Force 6. (I know it's old, but I can't help it! )

Whew...

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-04-25 at 00:57.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 02:18   Link #490
Kazu-kun

C'mon! You said it yourself, "the producers have a diverse fanbase to attend to after all". An "Ace-of-Aces-and-Ferret-boy matchmaker" episode would freak out the NXF side of the audience. Let's face it, that will never happen.
Old 2007-04-25, 02:34   Link #491
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
C'mon! You said it yourself, "the producers have a diverse fanbase to attend to after all". An "Ace-of-Aces-and-Ferret-boy matchmaker" episode would freak out the NXF side of the audience. Let's face it, that will never happen.
You're right. But it doesn't have to succeed, does it? I don't find it impossible that the NxF fans would celebrate when they see the failed operation and go, "You see this, isn't going anywhere!" Besides, I find that kind of scenario rather light. Just as I said, it won't succeed anyway.
Ahh well, it won't hurt to hope for a bit. I'm mostly after the hilarity after all. (A ChronoX3Aces scenario would actually be more entertaining, but he's already married )
Sorry if I'm starting to annoy some people. I'll try to be more considerate later. I'm not really too particular about pairings, to be honest. Just speaking out what I see in my point of view.
Old 2007-04-25, 02:41   Link #492
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I've been wanting to write my own MSLNanoha fanfics, and Yuuno just has so much potential. I agree that he's one of the more interesting and yet neglected characters in the series. (Chrono is another.)

Sadly, I'll probably never actually write a fanfic, because I don't have enough canon knowledge. Yes, I can watch and rewatch the shows, but all the extras in magazines and manga and the website and such I do not know. So when I try to explain just how, say, Yuuno's healing barrier thing works, I don't know if it's already explained in some random extra I've never seen.

In any case, I really doubt the NxF contingent will prevent the producers from creating a NxY scenario, or that a NxY canon will even slow down the NxF pairings from fans. (I speak from being a CCS fan.)
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 03:53   Link #493
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sorry I'm late with the cavalry, Aaron008R ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The phrase "...Diverse fanbase to attend to..." does not mean that the writers FAVOR any particular fanbase.

It means that writers would spread out the services to all sides, whether the fanbase themselves like it or not...

Which means if they want to put a NxY moment/episode/scene, it doesn't matter what the unsound hetero-phobic Yuri-fans Legion thinks.

EDIT(1):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I've been wanting to write my own MSLNanoha fanfics, and Yuuno just has so much potential. I agree that he's one of the more interesting and yet neglected characters in the series. (Chrono is another.)
Yeah, I'm working on them...

The problem, from my point of view, is that the writers overly favors their main characters, most/every buff, story-wise or other, in the story usually/always goes to them.

EDIT(2):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Ahh well, it won't hurt to hope for a bit. I'm mostly after the hilarity after all. (A ChronoX3Aces scenario would actually be more entertaining, but he's already married )
As the Voice Actresses themselves described, "Chrono-kun is like a 'migratory bird'! "

Basically, he moves from one girl to another
Old 2007-04-25, 04:22   Link #494
Aaron008R

Thanks for the backup, Chaos2Frozen!
Heh. Guess I need to be more adamant about my opinions.
In any case, I was trying to be considerate to quite a lot of people here. So I decided not to be too harsh when giving them 'Canon Cannon' treatment. In any case, maybe I should be more engaged in this discussion. It is a forum, after all.

*deep breath*

Well, I may be not too picky with pairings, but I honestly like the NxY anyhow. To the 300 around here, do you mind if I make it 301?
Old 2007-04-25, 04:24   Link #495
CrazyPerson

I was actually very disappointed that Chrono is stuck with Amy. I thought he was a cool enough character that he should stayed single but flirted with all the girls. The migratory bird thing would have been awesome in StrikerS, but instead, he's stuck with a ball n' chain. Man, what happened? He should be manifesting the EroChrosuke skills from the doujins and fics and channeling Tomokazu Sugita charm and witt from his VA's other roles.

I blame Amy. Grrr....
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 05:52   Link #496
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
In any case, I was trying to be considerate to quite a lot of people here. So I decided not to be too harsh when giving them 'Canon Cannon' treatment. In any case, maybe I should be more engaged in this discussion. It is a forum, after all.
To be honest, Kazu-kun's post was more of a case of miscommunication , so don't take it too hard... Also, it's always best to becareful what you say of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
I was actually very disappointed that Chrono is stuck with Amy. I thought he was a cool enough character that he should stayed single but flirted with all the girls. The migratory bird thing would have been awesome in StrikerS, but instead, he's stuck with a ball n' chain. Man, what happened? He should be manifesting the EroChrosuke skills from the doujins and fics and channeling Tomokazu Sugita charm and witt from his VA's other roles.
I feel ya pain... I honestly do...

I was so looking forward to Sugita's performance back then...

...Though I have a hunch that it's Lindy pulling the strings...
Old 2007-04-25, 07:12   Link #497
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post

Sadly, I'll probably never actually write a fanfic, because I don't have enough canon knowledge. Yes, I can watch and rewatch the shows, but all the extras in magazines and manga and the website and such I do not know. So when I try to explain just how, say, Yuuno's healing barrier thing works, I don't know if it's already explained in some random extra I've never seen.

In any case, I really doubt the NxF contingent will prevent the producers from creating a NxY scenario, or that a NxY canon will even slow down the NxF pairings from fans. (I speak from being a CCS fan.)
Yeah "fanfic-frustrating" the phrase of the day. I'm running into that too, and bec of that I'm holding back my full force and going with instead the whimsical dimensional-hopping-therefore-crossover-crazy "Nanoha Files" series with enuff innuedos for both sides of the 1st Animesuki Sexual War. That's how I cope. :P

Quote:

*deep breath*

Well, I may be not too picky with pairings, but I honestly like the NxY anyhow. To the 300 around here, do you mind if I make it 301?
Feel free to join anytime! Not matter how many we are, we always feel like 300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post

I blame Amy. Grrr....
Lindy's a definite heavyweight in that issue. And Amy's 100 ton hammer really works wonders. *see Fyu no Sora's avatar*
Old 2007-04-25, 07:28   Link #498
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
No matter how many we are, we always feel like 300.
So true. :P

Quote:
Lindy's a definite heavyweight in that issue. And Amy's 100 ton hammer really works wonders. *see Fyu no Sora's avatar*
That being said, I hope that the "can't be helped" by Chrono regarding their union would be explained somehow. It almost sounds like the 4th base wasn't exactly done on a normal "mutual" basis and had some politic-king. Doesn't help that their engagement seemed a little "secretive" at first... I have little doubt that Amy and Chrono's engagement and marriage had some manuevering from one "greater power", but I still think they're not being very clear on what took place. Of course, I'm not expecting a transcript of what happened in it's entirety, but I think that deserves some explanation.

Almost feels like one drama show I watched where the guy had to take "responsibility" for something that never happened between him and his childhood friend, and it was orchestrated by his mother no less.

I think we need a romance thread...or maybe not.

And yeah, I'm serious about Mahou Shonen Avenger Yuuno, though that's actually lower on my priority list and there's still some issues to work on with that.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 07:47   Link #499
Thisguy
Negikamo

As for Yuuno's being useless ferret, I had to wonder how far you've been into "canonical info"?
He's now the fuckin Lead Librarian of the infinity library (source: SSM), that makes him not a bookworm... but The bookworm, of whole TSAB.
Some thought Hayate was the fastest in crimbing up their career ladder, but it's actually him; Hayate or even Chrono's got many more rank to go, and he has nothing above, and at the age of 19.
Think of the head of US national library and it's him, or probably more, as whole TSAB has the issues relates to Logias and considering where the most reliable source of information would be.

What he lacks is... well, screen time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of 300, but neither do I belong to the Legion.
As long as characters get their most shiny time, I'm good to go, be it serious or comical doesn't matter.
I simply couldn't resist that someone's thinking Yuuno's useless, simply because he doesn't show up a lot in the show.
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 08:07   Link #500
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
As for Yuuno's being useless ferret, I had to wonder how far you've been into "canonical info"?
He's now the fuckin Lead Librarian of the infinity library (source: SSM), that makes him not a bookworm... but The bookworm, of whole TSAB.
Some thought Hayate was the fastest in crimbing up their career ladder, but it's actually him; Hayate or even Chrono's got many more rank to go, and he has nothing above, and at the age of 19.
Think of the head of US national library and it's him, or probably more, as whole TSAB has the issues relates to Logias and considering where the most reliable source of information would be.

What he lacks is... well, screen time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of 300, but neither do I belong to the Legion.
As long as characters get their most shiny time, I'm good to go, be it serious or comical doesn't matter.
I simply couldn't resist that someone's thinking Yuuno's useless, simply because he doesn't show up a lot in the show.
*Salutes this form of neutrality*

Well said!