AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-19, 22:52   Link #121
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
ATTN: Raws for ep. 3 are out.
Old 2009-04-20, 06:54   Link #122
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

Thanks for the heads up.

Spoiler for episode 3 contents:

Last edited by mageormike; 2009-04-20 at 07:40. Reason: spelling errors are lame
mageormike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 07:23   Link #123
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

This is how I love my fantasy journeys: eventful with the right amount of manly. And eventful episode 3 was.

I loved Ishtvan in this episode. Slick bastard.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 10:17   Link #124
Child_of_Sierra

I just find it slightly amusing that being in a city-castle or fortress is no safeguard to the first hostile army that comes along.
Old 2009-04-20, 20:07   Link #125
matthra

Is anyone subbing this?

Episode 3 is out and 2 is yet to be subbed, just curious.
matthra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 23:29   Link #126
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Take it from Guin on how to add the level of awesome to your attacks

Spoiler:

He and the Nameless One from Planetscape should share notes on amnesiac ass kicking
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 01:38   Link #127
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
He and the Nameless One from Planetscape should share notes on amnesiac ass kicking
This season, we have an amnesiac puma headed mucho-man that can punch a full plate armored knight into a tree so hard, it sets the tree on fire.
On the other hand, we also have an amnesiac naked young man who runs around Washington D.C. with his johnny hanging out.
We also have an amnesiac trained assassin, but that's too normal in comparison.

Excellent season.
Old 2009-04-21, 03:14   Link #128
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

If only subs would come
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 03:28   Link #129
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Unfortunately, one of the best parts about Planescape was havint Morte, the floating, talking skull to make wisecracks. Made that game a whole lot more fun.

Either way, I've only seen the first episode myself and I've been very impressed with what I've seen so far. There's a certain sort of grittiness that this series conveys really nicely that it invites comparisons to Berserk and Claymore with a bigger tilt towards Claymore. If Remus turns into a Raki clone though, heads are gonna roll (most likely done by Guin himself).
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 03:53   Link #130
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle View Post
Unfortunately, one of the best parts about Planescape was havint Morte, the floating, talking skull to make wisecracks. Made that game a whole lot more fun.
For me, it was having Annah stick one in my hide when I needed to save the rest of my party from an ambush [or in the cube ]. Ah the memories of finding creative means to kill the Nameless One. Like managing to kiss Grace

Why do I get the feeling that there are more end level bosses for Guin to handle? The big bad baron and his assassin can't be that easy to finish off.
Old 2009-04-21, 04:35   Link #131
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
I just find it slightly amusing that being in a city-castle or fortress is no safeguard to the first hostile army that comes along.
Amazing what you can do with a whole lot of monkeys. That and the mercenary dude could have walked out at any time from prison. He must have taken it as a paid holiday with free food, lots of exercise and a princess or 2 dropping in for a visit.
Old 2009-04-21, 19:47   Link #132
Junpei

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthra View Post
Episode 3 is out and 2 is yet to be subbed, just curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
If only subs would come
Yeah. I thought this would be more popular. There are precious few good fantasy series and I had hopes for this one.
Junpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 20:41   Link #133
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junpei View Post
Yeah. I thought this would be more popular. There are precious few good fantasy series and I had hopes for this one.
I've noticed a few series this season are being all but ignored. Last season you could damn near set an alarm for the releases, this season...I dunno. Somethings missing. Though 7 groups are squatting on FMA, I don't think that's entirely the issue either. Hopefully this gets picked up and continued though, it's one of the few I was looking forward to this season.
Old 2009-04-21, 22:18   Link #134
SilverEyedLionKing
Anti-Claymore Unit

Three very awesome episodes so far.

I can't believe this isn't getting subbed in timely fashion given the quality of the show.
SilverEyedLionKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 01:52   Link #135
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

I suppose there's not that many fans of sword and sorcery in the fansubing community
Old 2009-04-22, 02:00   Link #136
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

FFS, even Queen's Blade (LOL) got more subs. What the hell is wrong?
Old 2009-04-22, 02:06   Link #137
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Tits and ass >> all ?
Old 2009-04-22, 02:30   Link #138
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Quote:
Tits and ass >> all ?
Yeah, seriously. Even Zero no Tsukaima got a 'respectable' following in despite of managing the feat to get WORSE by the seasons.
Old 2009-04-22, 05:13   Link #139
Child_of_Sierra

My surprise comes from finding out how long the original material is yet hardly anything has been discussed about it before the anime debut.

What this show seems to lack is an already existing fanbase that could have foretold how good it would be.
Old 2009-04-22, 11:51   Link #140
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Tits and ass >> all ?
Normally, I'd say yes. But the fact is that Eden of the East (11) and FMA (10) have the most subs, more than Queen's Blade (8) or K-on (8), or frankly ecchi shows like Tayutama (2) or Hatsukoi Limited (4). Now, perhaps the naked man in Eden gets it some attention, but there has been no female nudity so far.

While I'm delighted that people seem to like Eden, which I think is the best show of the season, I would gladly give up a couple of Eden subs to get some for this show. If anyone can use them, there are two different Chinese subs on a site called "dmhy".

Through episode three, this show continues to be highly enjoyable, moving at a pace I like, and with promising characters (even little bro is getting better).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 28). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Soul Eater Not! (Meme). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). etc., etc. Total of 250 roles.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, satelight