AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Re:Zero - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 11 23.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 44.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 23.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-07, 16:31   Link #41
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

This was... Refreshing? Good going, Subaru! No way this good fortune holds up next week, or does it? Loved Rem's little tidbits, tho. Her stare-off with the dragon was AWESOME!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 17:11   Link #42
Budweineken
Crap

Was a bit disappointed in this episode. Was preparing myself to see Subaru in a battle of wits against all the leaders he encountered previously, and outsmarting them as he went through them and what not, but all we got for our sufferings and troubles was a shortcut with little impact other than moving the pieces along.

Loved the last scene of the episode though.

I know there's now an allegiance in place, but I also have to wonder if Subaru is going to use this opportunity to lead the White Whale towards Emilia, and by extension this big army... along the way maybe confronting the Witch Cult as well. Though I think they might arrive a bit too early for a confrontation, but maybe a good enough moment to get into position and intercept their attack when it occurs subsequently.

All that said, glad to have a more proactive Subaru back... he was getting annoying as heck.
Old 2016-08-07, 17:21   Link #43
Applehell

BTW, C.R. has now changed Blessings to Divine Protection for whatever reason incase anyone was little confused on that.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 17:23   Link #44
Mangonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken View Post
Was a bit disappointed in this episode. Was preparing myself to see Subaru in a battle of wits against all the leaders he encountered previously, and outsmarting them as he went through them and what not, but all we got for our sufferings and troubles was a shortcut with little impact other than moving the pieces along.

Loved the last scene of the episode though.

I know there's now an allegiance in place, but I also have to wonder if Subaru is going to use this opportunity to lead the White Whale towards Emilia, and by extension this big army... along the way maybe confronting the Witch Cult as well. Though I think they might arrive a bit too early for a confrontation, but maybe a good enough moment to get into position and intercept their attack when it occurs subsequently.

All that said, glad to have a more proactive Subaru back... he was getting annoying as heck.
I for one liked that they condensed the negotiations into a single one with Crusch. At this point as viewers we have all the pieces and know what Subaru needed to do so there is little point in showing it for the sake of showing it.

If leading the White Whale in Emilia's direction happens I'd bet it be by accident or due to plot convenience since evading the White Whale doesn't seem like it would allot for being choosey in what direction you flee. I'm interested to see just how they intend to attack it. I mean they're a ground army vs a flying whale. Will they attempt to ground it or what?

--

So far this series has been quite a ride, watching Subaru getting mentally destroyed every possible way to the point of wondering how the author could possibly rebuild him only to have that followed up with one of the best talking-head episodes in recent memory with Rem has been quite captivating. I just hope this arc finishes off strong and hopefully makes it to the next 'checkpoint'. I really want Rem and Subaru to be able to keep the memories of their conversation. If for no other reason than it lets one character know just how hard Subaru's trying and just how noble his intentions are, even if his methods fall short.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 17:51   Link #45
Peanutbutter

Why does this feel like SAO all of a sudden? Or never mind, every boss raid will remind me of SAO.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 17:57   Link #46
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Why does this feel like SAO all of a sudden? Or never mind, every boss raid will remind me of SAO.
Maybe because this is a "summoned to another world" or "MC is on another world" story well done while SAO is pure garbage
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 17:58   Link #47
Applehell

Guys... lets not start this.

And "trapped in a game" and "transported to another world" are different genres anyway. Re:Zero more like a modern take on stuff like 12 Twelve Kingdoms. So they really shouldn't be lumped together.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 18:02   Link #48
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Subaru isn't really that smart. He's not really the type a person who manipulates people. In the end, he just convinced people to work together with him for mutual benefits. He did the same with Rem and Ram in arc 2.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 18:40   Link #49
MCAL

The build up to the White Whale's reappearance was genuinely tense with Subaru's phone ringtone providing the perfect atmosphere.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering where Subaru's ringtone came from...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_wm4KmrDH0
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 18:58   Link #50
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-E6_fS-h98

I guess you don't like series from the World's masterpiece theater?
I wouldn't have recognized it either if it wasn't for aohige's hint though
that was actually kinda cute...
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 19:11   Link #51
bakato

Was the name of the ground dragon even mentioned?
Old 2016-08-07, 19:11   Link #52
Budweineken
Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Subaru isn't really that smart. He's not really the type a person who manipulates people. In the end, he just convinced people to work together with him for mutual benefits. He did the same with Rem and Ram in arc 2.
You don't have to be smart when you have all the info, actions, and reactions in your hands.

I don't know, but I hoped after hitting rock-bottom, and coming back up again, and seeing how complete shit everyone was towards him and Emilia, that he'd try to get their help by any way necessary.

Regardless, he formed his alliance, but just came off as cheaply acquired. Also, call it by the name you want, he's still manipulating them, but I get your point.

In all, it's immaterial to me. I thought it'd be interesting and more entertaining to see. I mean we spent FIVE full episodes on him trying and failing to get through this, and all they give us is a measly five minutes of a vanilla alliance after his epiphany? It was anti-climatic at best.

So in that context, I was disappointed with what the episode offered on this particular regard. The rest was simply moving the pieces around, so a transition episode. The ending was awesome though, good tension, and just loved the final scene once the White Whale appeared.
Old 2016-08-07, 19:21   Link #53
Keila

Quote:
Also, call it by the name you want, he's still manipulating them, but I get your point.
There's always been a fine line between 'negotiation' and 'manipulation', all it really comes down to is whether all parties benefit in the end.

The ringtone completely threw me (so random)
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 20:14   Link #54
YbKWzNEb
Uninstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
"everyone follow that idiot that just aggro'd the raid boss!"

i could't help but be reminded of "that idiot mage that always pulls the raid boss instead of the tank"
you know what i'm talking about. because they seem to exist in every instance.
leeroy jenkins :d
Old 2016-08-07, 21:14   Link #55
Cicili

Quote:
You don't have to be smart when you have all the info, actions, and reactions in your hands.

I don't know, but I hoped after hitting rock-bottom, and coming back up again, and seeing how complete shit everyone was towards him and Emilia, that he'd try to get their help by any way necessary.

Regardless, he formed his alliance, but just came off as cheaply acquired. Also, call it by the name you want, he's still manipulating them, but I get your point.

In all, it's immaterial to me. I thought it'd be interesting and more entertaining to see. I mean we spent FIVE full episodes on him trying and failing to get through this, and all they give us is a measly five minutes of a vanilla alliance after his epiphany? It was anti-climatic at best.

So in that context, I was disappointed with what the episode offered on this particular regard. The rest was simply moving the pieces around, so a transition episode. The ending was awesome though, good tension, and just loved the final scene once the White Whale appeared.
It was done better in the Light Novel because they had more time. But as usual, no time for that. I would have liked it if they spent a bit more time on the things that happened this episode. But unfortunately, with only 6 episodes left to work with, i guess they had to cut corners somewhere.

Very hyped for next week. I wonder how well White Fox will be able to manage the fight. Animating a fight like this is going to be a very challenging task.
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 21:21   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Whale eats you -> Everyone forgets you -> Look at all of these people who have lost something to Shamu!
...Mm?! Is this whale a dojikko that tries to eat but only ends up squashing his prey 99% of the time finally succeeding in eating REM as his first meal?!

And since Subaru barely was able to make it to Emilia before KKK kills her and he is spending his dear time screaming in front of his slave or playing Monster Hunter, I think she is already dead though?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 21:25   Link #57
Budweineken
Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicili View Post
It was done better in the Light Novel because they had more time. But as usual, no time for that. I would have liked it if they spent a bit more time on the things that happened this episode. But unfortunately, with only 6 episodes left to work with, i guess they had to cut corners somewhere.

Very hyped for next week. I wonder how well White Fox will be able to manage the fight. Animating a fight like this is going to be a very challenging task.
Part of the complaint was that they spent 5 episodes, which is A LOT, to get us to this point, and that they only rewarded us with 5 minutes of the alliance formation, well it was disappointing. I'd rather they had condensed those episodes a bit more and gave us more of what you're alluding to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Whale eats you -> Everyone forgets you -> Look at all of these people who have lost something to Shamu!
...Mm?! Is this whale a dojikko that tries to eat but only ends up squashing his prey 99% of the time finally succeeding in eating REM as his first meal?!

And since Subaru barely was able to make it to Emilia before KKK kills her and he is spending his dear time screaming in front of his slave or playing Monster Hunter, I think she is already dead though?
There's something that's not adding timing wise all told, but not because of the monster hunting whale issue, but because of some of his previous instances it seemed he was running against time to get to Emilia. And getting late as it were.

But in his last adventure when he went against the White Whale, he actually arrived in time, so that he's fighting the White Whale now, is consistent at least with the idea that he still has time to arrive.

Last edited by LKK; 2016-08-08 at 09:06. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row. edit instead.
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 21:50   Link #58
bakato

So apparently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitrospeed View Post
Someone went over the Flugel tree scene again and it looks like the anime confirmed a widespread theory about the sage.

Image does not load so I'll link it.

http://imgur.com/r5jvlyy
Old 2016-08-07, 22:20   Link #59
Cicili

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So apparently:
Umm...what's the theory? I don't get it.
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 22:20   Link #60
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Guys... lets not start this.

And "trapped in a game" and "transported to another world" are different genres anyway. Re:Zero more like a modern take on stuff like 12 Twelve Kingdoms. So they really shouldn't be lumped together.
Agreed with this, i mean SAO can be categorised as isekai but, all of trapped in virtual game show kinda made it cheap and hard to take seriously for me imo. (seeing your own stats, invisible item box, leveling up... err nah not my cup of tea sorry)

Re:zero is the older kind of isekai where people from earth actually transported to another world, just like jyuuni kouki, where its the physical bodies of the protag that gets transported as well, making everything more relatable, again that is my opinion.

But enough of that, that was a decent build up episode, was kinda disappointed with how they portray the negotiation and how the other negotation with russell, anastasia and possibly some inputs from Rem was not shown and was only hinted in this episode.

It was a nice touch of using Flanders no inu as Subaru ringtone, subaru seems to have a certain fondness with that anime, i guess this will not only be the reference to dog of flanders we will see in this show?