AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-09-26, 20:43   Link #6361
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
? I know that our distant ancestors committed some mistake, and that the demons and humans have constantly had to fight each other. However, that shouldn’t matter for those of us living today, surely. I don’t even know what our ancestors caused, but why is it necessary for their descendants to carry that sin?
Man..this might sound true in normal situation, but in their world this kind of thinking really feels like that's in the wrong. Considering that they're (the demons) are probably the same person or soul that committed the wrong doings in the past and thus needs to atone it somewhat, being like this feels kinda irresponsible.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 22:17   Link #6362
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Man..this might sound true in normal situation, but in their world this kind of thinking really feels like that's in the wrong. Considering that they're (the demons) are probably the same person or soul that committed the wrong doings in the past and thus needs to atone it somewhat, being like this feels kinda irresponsible.
That's like blaming someone with amnesia for something they did ages ago, even though they don't remember what they did, and would never do it again anyways.

Yeah, there's reincarnation of the soul in this world, but when your memories are wiped clean then you may as well have ceased to exist, because your memories are the only thing that tie you to your past actions.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 00:02   Link #6363
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
That's like blaming someone with amnesia for something they did ages ago, even though they don't remember what they did, and would never do it again anyways.

Yeah, there's reincarnation of the soul in this world, but when your memories are wiped clean then you may as well have ceased to exist, because your memories are the only thing that tie you to your past actions.
True, but looking at the perspective of an outsider I don't think they have any rights to have a peaceful world before they clean up their own shits. However in the end they are still the same person or soul, I feel like they should make up for their sin somehow or other anyway still. I don't think it's fair to just let these people go, especially when practically everyone forgets about it and no one is there to really atone for it. Sure the skill system is probably there to make them atone for it by recovering the planet by utilizing their own soul, but we know how it goes at the end. Their lack of self-awareness was the main problem I think, and because of that even Potimas manage to manipulate the old hero and demon king to use the energy to recover the planet to kill a god instead.

Anyway, what I think is that from his perspective what he did was most likely the correct one but when you look at it from god's perspective, I feel like they're being irresponsible and even end up trying to harm the world. To make it worse, none of them (well, almost. Everyone except for Taboo users) are even trying to doubt why Ariel wants a large scale war suddenly and just end up accusing her as evil.

Speaking of that, I think either Kuro or Ariel said something that their soul never even reach Purgatory which means their own sins were never atoned to begin with.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 03:56   Link #6364
testeottilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
That night Sariel goddess appeared in hero Yamadas dream in a white place to tell him about the great evil god Spider that was controlling the Demon King and threatening to destroy the world!

Rise great hero Yamada defeat the evil god Spider!

I wonder if Yamada is actually going to break something or just continue being an insignifant harem yaro.

when it happens?

– Cersei to Sansa Stark
testeottilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 07:24   Link #6365
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
True, but looking at the perspective of an outsider I don't think they have any rights to have a peaceful world before they clean up their own shits. However in the end they are still the same person or soul, I feel like they should make up for their sin somehow or other anyway still. I don't think it's fair to just let these people go, especially when practically everyone forgets about it and no one is there to really atone for it. Sure the skill system is probably there to make them atone for it by recovering the planet by utilizing their own soul, but we know how it goes at the end. Their lack of self-awareness was the main problem I think, and because of that even Potimas manage to manipulate the old hero and demon king to use the energy to recover the planet to kill a god instead.

Anyway, what I think is that from his perspective what he did was most likely the correct one but when you look at it from god's perspective, I feel like they're being irresponsible and even end up trying to harm the world. To make it worse, none of them (well, almost. Everyone except for Taboo users) are even trying to doubt why Ariel wants a large scale war suddenly and just end up accusing her as evil.
With regards too how much "blame" the current generation should get it can certainly be argued both ways... though personally I feel quite uncomfortable with descendants getting the blame for something their ancestors did. I can certainly see why characters like Ariel and Kuro are frustrated that Sariel's sacrifice is not being appreciated but they should also take some of the blame for not making sure that the information isn't lost.

Quote:
Speaking of that, I think either Kuro or Ariel said something that their soul never even reach Purgatory which means their own sins were never atoned to begin with.
I guess you're referring to "193 - The Administrator complains":
Quote:
It's probably not shining. Such a world, if Sariel was not here, it would be abandoned long time ago. Although I can't forgive what the other Dragons did, the people in this world are all fools and trashes. It's a good evidence that not even a person is liberated by the purgation system. Everybody only accumulates crime points, and it won't even decrease. How much evildoing must be accumulated until they are satisfied. And yet, they babble something like subjugating the evil Dragon, and challenge my subordinate that I entrust the area's management. Which one is the evil one, huh? Good grief
It would be interesting to have more info on this but it doesn't seem to be immediately relevant to the current story.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 07:39   Link #6366
mhyr1104

Speaking of the purgatory system, I was wondering if it had anything to do with the souls being cycled in the System. From what Shiro said, the System basically cycles the souls over and over again until it gets to the point of 'breaking', only to stop short of a complete 'break' in order to 'mend' the souls to be reused in the System. The System continuously utilizing the souls could have been the 'punishment' while souls which have been liberated by the Purgatory system are allowed to enter the 'real' cycle of reincarnation
mhyr1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 08:08   Link #6367
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhyr1104 View Post
Speaking of the purgatory system, I was wondering if it had anything to do with the souls being cycled in the System. From what Shiro said, the System basically cycles the souls over and over again until it gets to the point of 'breaking', only to stop short of a complete 'break' in order to 'mend' the souls to be reused in the System. The System continuously utilizing the souls could have been the 'punishment' while souls which have been liberated by the Purgatory system are allowed to enter the 'real' cycle of reincarnation
I've no idea of what the "Purgatory" part might be about but the way I think of the core of the System is that it's a way to harvest energy from souls in order to spend on restoring the world.

I think it supposed to work something like this:
  1. System "invests" some energy into a souls
  2. Normally that soul when then use that investment to grow stronger, growing the overall soul
  3. When the body that soul inhabits dies the "excess" energy is harvested and the soul returns to normal size
  4. The excess energy is then spent on System functions - such as repairing the world and running the System itself

I suspect this repeated inflating and deflating of the souls over time is wearing them out - ie this is what's causing soul abrasion.

Putting it another way, the primary goal of the System is to repair the world. It is sort-of punishing the souls of the inhabitants as a side-effect though.
Old 2016-09-27, 10:21   Link #6368
lullabyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTurtleOm View Post
The feels.

I'm wondering what else there is to the scene where Shiro apparently passed out after seeing the two other demon generals eat the "kurikuta fruit". It's odd that she'd need anything delivered to her when she can usually just teleport to it.
Well... The kurikuta set was ordered by Ariel so she has to wait for shipping without knowing when.. So she have to hear it from Ariel when it come. : /

About Purgatory system, This is only my guess. I think that the purgatory system Kuro mentioned about might be something like karma system which is a plus when do good thing and minus when do bad thing. Then when your karma reach a certain point, you will be release from the system... Well, since it was mentioned only once and we don't have much information about it. We can't be sure about it.
lullabyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 10:25   Link #6369
gn_X00

Blow.... you should ask for an appraisal stone. it will change your life. Appraisal is the true savior in this world! if only you get it and realize how ridiculous Shiro's army is.............................
Old 2016-09-27, 10:36   Link #6370
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_X00 View Post
Lol Sophia... you won't be given the chance to participate in war because you will destroy the enemy and make less casualties
I'd quite like to see Sophia take on an army by herself. Mama did it in her wild misspent youth...

Quote:
Blow.... you should ask for an appraisal stone. it will change your life. Appraisal is the true savior in this world! if only you get it and realize how ridiculous Shiro's army is.............................
Appraisal-sama is life!

Maybe Balto sold them all for food...
Old 2016-09-27, 10:51   Link #6371
Yoburi

Quote:
Even if he have one it would be useless he can't appraisal Shiro and why would be botther to appraisal random soldiers he already belive are some kinda special opps.

Only someone like Sophia who was trained to always keep apprasial-sama on could have pick Shiro army status.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 10:57   Link #6372
gn_X00

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
I'd quite like to see Sophia take on an army by herself. Mama did it in her wild misspent youth...
uh... Shiro take on two army by herself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
Even if he have one it would be useless he can't appraisal Shiro and why would be botther to appraisal random soldiers he already belive are some kinda special opps.

Only someone like Sophia who was trained to always keep apprasial-sama on could have pick Shiro army status.
even a special ops can be measured by normal means. they still have normal offence/defence status but they should have their skills on the stealth/spy/etc side instead of normal.

why didn't he appraise Shiro subordinates to make sure that they can protect his lover?

and Shiro can't be appraised should raise his awareness a few tier above the current one
Old 2016-09-27, 13:06   Link #6373
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Kinda offtopic, and probably someone mentioned something about this before? But I finally got a chance to check the manga volume 1 : Basically, there is almost no re-draw of scenes and no extra pages added to every chapter. Also, it was quite obvious, but chapters that are split in -1 & -2 were fused in a single long one. The log for chapter number and end chapter logo is different; volume 1 ends when Kumoko falls to the lower layer chased by the adventurers.

There back cover is a color page of Kumoko hunting a frog; also, the fact that LN kumoko and manga kumoko have rather different designs is touched upon, on the last page there is a 4' where this is jokingly referenced. There is also apparently a 3 page short story by baba okina at the end, which I haven't checked yet....

Personally I wanted some more images of Wakaba's muchimuchi legs or better yet, some of her delicious nape ( )
Old 2016-09-27, 13:38   Link #6374
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by testeottilio View Post
when it happens?
Every other goddess sends hero to defeat the jashin WN.
Old 2016-09-27, 16:11   Link #6375
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "273 – War Observations"

3rd time we see Blow die and it somehow becomes more awesome each time.

(And sadder...)
Old 2016-09-27, 16:34   Link #6376
Rasty

Quote:
and Shiro can't be appraised should raise his awareness a few tier above the current one
It would most likely work the other way around. Only Shiro (and few other chosen ones) know that being impossible to apprise means "outside of the system" and likely "one hell of strong". He would most likely understand it as the second type of message, thus leading him to think she has some kind of skill that blocks the appraisal (secret type skill), which would strengten his immage of "secret ops chief Shiro" even more.

Well appraising Sophia or Wrath might tell him a lot considering how crazy their stats are and that Shiro is clearly treating them as weaker.
Rasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 17:12   Link #6377
Yoburi

I liked this chapter justifed why Shiro just watch everything happend like Oni said he is better off death after all things are only getting more ugly for now on.
Old 2016-09-27, 17:52   Link #6378
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
I liked this chapter justifed why Shiro just watch everything happend like Oni said he is better off death after all things are only getting more ugly for now on.
That's not what the "better off dead" was for. It's just if they are killed their souls lose the skills and are protected from the system's crash, whereas if they are alive at the time of the system collapse they have a very real chance of having their soul collapse entirely from having the support yanked out.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 18:10   Link #6379
Yoburi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
That's not what the "better off dead" was for. It's just if they are killed their souls lose the skills and are protected from the system's crash, whereas if they are alive at the time of the system collapse they have a very real chance of having their soul collapse entirely from having the support yanked out.
And thats why they are better off dead what did you think i was refreing to?
Old 2016-09-27, 18:19   Link #6380
testeottilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
Every other goddess sends hero to defeat the jashin WN.
So this was not mentioned? -_- "
it is just a theory please warn.
For a moment I was worried about Kumoko, because if the very goddess do mean that she wanted the end of the world and the Kuro also help the hero because of Sariel right.

– Cersei to Sansa Stark
testeottilio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation