AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-01, 22:38   Link #1501
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
hmm...reading chapter 36 (21 August part 5).
And somehow I just want Touma dead dunno why
...oh! it doesn't mean I like Albinolerator either, may be if both dead is fine too.

I think it's pretty much stupid for Acccelerator to try to create plasma storm while he can impaled Mane Headed Dork infront of him with metal bar or crush him with Train Car like what he did to the previous sister, or may be use Sister's weapon to turn his opponent to Swiss Cheese
It's common knowledge if you want to kill, you must use the simplest way, so there's not so much evidence left for Dog* to sniff out. Even the Plastic Bag work wonder than Gas to choke out your victims life, and you can burn it after use

*) = Dog in my Hitman society refer to any Law Slave like Cop, Detective, Policia, FBI, Mossad, etc

*sigh*...I hate December (T-T)
..it's raise my thirst for blood and kills...especially in one day where red color can be found everywhere (You know which day I'm talking about)

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-12-03 at 13:19. Reason: Please don't mention scan site names...
Old 2010-12-01, 23:02   Link #1502
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
hmm...reading chapter 36 (21 August part 5) in mangafox.
And somehow I just want Touma dead dunno why
...oh! it doesn't mean I like Albinolerator either, may be if both dead is fine too.
For what? So we can all see Mikoto succumbing to her utmost despair while we chuckle like mad?

... Sorry, but I do have that kind of evil thoughts. Just... oh well, it was best if we preserve those thoughts in our minds

And I'm saying this all while still in acknowledgement that Touma is my favorite character in the series. Maybe I'm just 'yandere' for him

But, for the love of everything good that is canon, please no.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-12-02, 01:26   Link #1503
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
-snip-
A pessimist. I see. Well guess what?

Raises Imagine Breaker

It's time to break your hopeless ILLUSION!!!

Target is Falcon Punched!

Target is Defeated!

Target will have a girlfriend soon!
Old 2010-12-02, 06:04   Link #1504
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

When reading this chapter, I felt a lot more for the characters than the anime itself. They just put the perfect background story or the perfect added touch to make a scene that's good already into something awesome. God if Railgun has a season 2 and they animate this arc, I would probably KYAAA at the excitement.
Old 2010-12-02, 10:22   Link #1505
Shadow5YA

That was a great flashback. It was only a few pages, but it showed enough to explain how Accelerator could become a killer being convinced to take out the first clone before he was allowed to leave.

Also great development on Mikoto's character. It really shows Mikoto's feelings beyond the typical tsundere comedy scenes she usually gets in Index.
Old 2010-12-02, 10:33   Link #1506
tsunade666

Hmm wanting Touma to die.

Well I want him to die to. Just to enjoy the mental break down of the kamijou faction. Hahahaha but for now his still a nobody. When his at his peak of fame. We kill him and enjoy the show.

That's why I just love the author of this and what he did in vol 22.
Old 2010-12-19, 06:18   Link #1507
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I swear....if every manga had this guy's art style....the epicness would increase exponentially. Really brings out the moment fighting with the strongest demon of Science
Old 2010-12-19, 14:52   Link #1508
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Hmm wanting Touma to die.

Well I want him to die to. Just to enjoy the mental break down of the kamijou faction. Hahahaha but for now his still a nobody. When his at his peak of fame. We kill him and enjoy the show.

That's why I just love the author of this and what he did in vol 22.
Ur like me. I wanna see the mental breakdown from his faction but i don't want him dead.
Old 2010-12-19, 17:09   Link #1509
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Ur like me. I wanna see the mental breakdown from his faction but i don't want him dead.
Ditto with me. It'd be interesting to know the Kamijou Faction's reaction (with the exception of his parents) towards what is thought as a KIA Touma (when in fact he is just MIA).

Old 2010-12-19, 20:07   Link #1510
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Ditto with me. It'd be interesting to know the Kamijou Faction's reaction (with the exception of his parents) towards what is thought as a KIA Touma (when in fact he is just MIA).
Look at us being a little bit sadist
Old 2010-12-19, 21:12   Link #1511
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Haxecelerator's flashbacks were pretty cool. I still want more though, his past is still quite a mystery. I'm not satisfied with how they convinced him to start the program, but looks like they want to hold that back or something because they didn't show him breaking at all, or even agreeing and I doubt "They're just dolls afterall"~ dispelled any of his reluctance. That gate would've been no match - yea they must've really gotten to his head somehow to get him to participate willingfully. I guess he really really really wanted to be unstoppable...moreso

Oh yeah and the flashbacks utterly destroy the whole, "I'm trying to help them by scaring them" reasoning oh well lol... guess LO definately suffering some kinda stockholm syndrome or smhtn
Old 2010-12-19, 21:18   Link #1512
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

How does the flashback destroy LO's theory? I think it actually supports it since it shows that Accel wasn't exactly willing to go through with it at the start.
Old 2010-12-19, 23:09   Link #1513
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
How does the flashback destroy LO's theory? I think it actually supports it since it shows that Accel wasn't exactly willing to go through with it at the start.
Recent chapters also proved Accelerator's unwillingness, too.

Accelerator: Okay, I won, she lost. Just let me out already...
Scientist: No, no, you got to dispose of that thing first.
Accelerator and that early Misaka serial number unknown: O_O
Accelerator: (thinks) What!? You can't be serious!

^ Just my impression summarizing what I can recall from the manga.

Old 2010-12-20, 00:43   Link #1514
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

It supports the idea that he didn't really want to go along with the experiment in the beginning, but not that he didn't want to continue with it later on and try to stop the expt by scaring the clones out.

But I made a mistake, it was the Index manga and not the Railgun one >_< that LO's theory implodes (Accelerator himself says it was "Impossible" that he would have stopped just because the sisters wanted to stop the experiment) but then again i don't really think the theory held water to begin with xD

This flashback just shows that even the first
Spoiler for this really isn't a spoiler anymore is it?:
clone was capable of feeling and expressing fear. according to some ppl LO's theory assumes that Accelerators plan and "efforts" to get out of the experiment failed b/c the clones weren't scared or something...even though they always ran away when they could and were clearly scared

So yea, supports first theory that he was normal in the beginning, just bullied and misunderstood. Then somewhere after killing the first clone he turns all blood thirsty and sadistic. Which means the researchers must've been incredibly charismatic to make him kill someone he didn't want to, must have been one heckuva speech xD

Last edited by SoggySoyBean; 2010-12-20 at 00:46. Reason: forgots a bit >_<
Old 2010-12-20, 02:34   Link #1515
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
clone was capable of feeling and expressing fear. according to some ppl LO's theory assumes that Accelerators plan and "efforts" to get out of the experiment failed b/c the clones weren't scared or something...even though they always ran away when they could and were clearly scared
They never ran away. Every time they ran it was to try to lead him into a trap.

They weren't scare either, cause otherwise they wouldn't have engaged him in the first place.

And that was the intention, to stop them from starting it in the first place.

But personally, I don't think Accelerator even knew that he was doing this subconsciously.

Quote:
So yea, supports first theory that he was normal in the beginning, just bullied and misunderstood. Then somewhere after killing the first clone he turns all blood thirsty and sadistic. Which means the researchers must've been incredibly charismatic to make him kill someone he didn't want to, must have been one heckuva speech xD
"I can make a 'triangle' into a 'square' if I say it enough times"

Same thing, children are susceptible to words and idea at their age. At the same time, Children don't really understand the concept of death.

Tell him that it's alright to kill, tell it over and over again. Even an adult would snap given the right environment.

And I doubt it was one scientist.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-12-20 at 02:45.
Old 2010-12-20, 13:51   Link #1516
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

I think we've only seen 9982 use a trap. Clone in the alley that was not 9982 ran away, imouto with the sniper was running away after exploding, some are killed with their backs facing him whilst running, Accelerator even makes a few comments about it.

I think the clones are alot more human than they seem. They weren't fearful as a whole in the beginning and engaged because that was their purpose. But individually when death was immenent and they realized their hopelessness and doom?:
Spoiler for d'aawww hugs X3:

Acc's expression really adds to his character
Quote:
And that was the intention, to stop them from starting it in the first place.
yea the plan seemed to have some holes in logic that are never really mentioned...like if he doesn't want the expt to continue why doesn't he pull out? Whys he have to make the clones stop when he is the objective of the expt and they're expendable assets?

Actually children can understand death, and adolescents aren't children, especially Accel whos supposably a genius.

Yea thats one part of persuasion...but to convince someone to disregard their moral values is no easy feat. Which is why I said they must've been really convincing in that first expt, to push him over the edge. And I was joking about the one scientist thing, the manga hasn't shown what made him consent as the flashback ends there. I guess they're saving it for later maybe... Can't wait to see how they broke him xD
Old 2010-12-20, 16:28   Link #1517
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

yea the plan seemed to have some holes in logic that are never really mentioned...like if he doesn't want the expt to continue why doesn't he pull out? Whys he have to make the clones stop when he is the objective of the expt and they're expendable assets?
The way I see it, if Accelerator refuses or runs away, they'll just hunt him down for the rest of his life, he's that valuable enough for them to justify spending money and lives on. Beside as a child who's constantly told and proven to be a monster, I don't think Accelerator had alot of options in his head.

Quote:
Actually children can understand death, and adolescents aren't children, especially Accel whos supposably a genius.
There was a documentary that I've watched about Child soldiers. The one of reasons why children can be turned into killers is because of their lack of understanding about Death.

Again, this goes back to- "Get them well they're young".

Judging from the flashback, it seems more appropriate to call them 'children' rather than adolescent.

And since when being a genius = morally stable?
Old 2010-12-20, 17:21   Link #1518
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i think is just like nunotaba shinobu, they were going along with the plan because they were thinking about the clones as emotionless human-like tools, but change their minds when found the contrary, and you can clearly see he gets pissed when 10032 didnt responded to his threats before the figth, also is pretty obvious he is unwilling to attack mikoto, and probably he attacked touma thinking "this is other of those bastards, that always try to botter me" but got really pissed after a punch or two.
Old 2010-12-20, 17:47   Link #1519
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
This is just a theory, but he probably knew full well that the experiment would still continue as long as the General Superintendent of Academy City willed it. Look at Mikoto's attempts - she trashed every single research facility and did everything she could to try to stop it, and it did nothing.

Even if he pulled out of the experiment, what's to say that the rest of the Level 5's wouldn't be willing to take his place? And we all know that every esper ranked lower than him needs to kill more than 20000 clones to achieve Level 6, so what is he supposed to do?
Old 2010-12-20, 19:10   Link #1520
tsunade666

no, practically. In the tree diagram test. Only Accelerator can achieve such level. And with Accelerators past. He also wants to become a level 6 so no one would bother him again. So when those mad scientist drag him further into darkness with a reason that you can become level 6 by killing 20000 clones. He gets his goal and the scientist gets their own goal. His just being blinded by his goal plus with the persuasiveness of the scientist which conducts the test.

Tags
fantasy, shounen