AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2009-02-19, 10:11   Link #641
franz2
you are the blood

Kaisos Erranon, http://www.assembla.com/spaces/clannad/documents you'll find most of the files needed here. I'd still had to find a no-cd patch for RealLive.exe when trying full voice though, even with the iso mounted.

And regarding the bug I mentioned last page. Well, I ignored it, completed fuuko's route without sound and with glitchy text, and the rest of the game is normal.

Edit: har har, just found out that there was a ticket already for this.

Last edited by franz2; 2009-02-19 at 12:47.
franz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 15:07   Link #642
boku

I have one annoying problem with FV translation patch: then i scroll text back, there is no "voice" button before character name. Therefore, i can't replay phrases
Before translation button was here.
Please, help me to fix it.
About my system:
winXP, jap locale, jap region, full voiced version of Clannad (not fv patch).
PS sorry for my english, i never studied it.
boku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 15:45   Link #643
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by franz2 View Post
Kaisos Erranon, http://www.assembla.com/spaces/clannad/documents you'll find most of the files needed here. I'd still had to find a no-cd patch for RealLive.exe when trying full voice though, even with the iso mounted.
Uh. Those aren't patches... those are just the SEEN files. As in, the translation.

I want my pretty little name boxes...

Unless "RealLiveFiles" is the patch?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 17:07   Link #644
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by franz2 View Post
And regarding the bug I mentioned last page. Well, I ignored it, completed fuuko's route without sound and with glitchy text, and the rest of the game is normal.
Might fast forwarding through that part get around this problem? I haven't gotten to Fuko and Nagisa's routes yet. What part of the day does it happen? I'll give it a try, if no one else has...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Uh. Those aren't patches... those are just the SEEN files. As in, the translation.
See, the problem is, you don't know what you're talking about. I just posted this on (what is for me) the previous page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Dump the contents of the patch rar in the main directory. Dump the contents of the menu rar into the G00 directory (as it says in the README). Overwrite everything.
Quote:
SVN is just what they're using to organize work on the patch and where the latest version is. By patch rar I mean the snapshot rar there corresponding to which version of CLANNAD you have.
Old 2009-02-19, 20:43   Link #645
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
See, the problem is, you don't know what you're talking about. I just posted this on (what is for me) the previous page.
Exactly. I don't know what I'm talking about. Yes, I am incredibly confused. Yes, I realize I sound like a total idiot.

I have a copy of the original Clannad, using an unofficial patch that I found on HongFire ages ago.

It does not have the text box for character names thing going on. However, this post appears to show the original PC game with that modification added.

That's what I'm after. How do I get that?
Old 2009-02-19, 21:19   Link #646
boku

Please tell me, is this normal behavior of translated version?
Spoiler for In translated:

Spoiler for In original:

Voices are played, but only first time, there is no way to replay them.
Old 2009-02-19, 23:57   Link #647
Invi
*Fansubber

Quote:
I have a copy of the original Clannad, using an unofficial patch that I found on HongFire ages ago.

It does not have the text box for character names thing going on. However, this post appears to show the original PC game with that modification added.

These boxes are included in seen.txt file,if you have wrong/old/unoficial/whatever seen, you don't have the boxes, seen from link that franz2 gave you does have those boxes...

(sorry for my probably broken English, i didn't sleep for like 72h already...)
Invi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 00:01   Link #648
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:

...Like I just said.
Quote:
Dump the contents of the patch rar in the main directory. Dump the contents of the menu rar into the G00 directory (as it says in the README). Overwrite everything.
Quote:
SVN is just what they're using to organize work on the patch and where the latest version is. By patch rar I mean the snapshot rar there corresponding to which version of CLANNAD you have.
You're using an unofficial patch. The 'official' patch, which I and everyone else here has been repeatedly quoting, has been out for two months.
Old 2009-02-20, 02:01   Link #649
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by boku View Post
Please tell me, is this normal behavior of translated version?
Spoiler for In translated:

Spoiler for In original:

Holy . You've just reminded me of how massive Itaru Hinoue's chins used to be. Thank goodness she's improved in that category at least.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 04:54   Link #650
evilr00t
*Fansubber

I need translation of:
あなたは『風子使い』になった!
(literal translation: You got the achievement, "Fuuko Trainer".)
and
…遠慮しときます。
(translated as "... I'll hold back")

In the patch, you get these lines in succession; I'm trying to figure out whether it is supposed to be like that or not.

Quote:
I haven't been able to track this one down, but it's probably related to rlBabel. If someone can point me to where the rollback code is located, I should be able to hack it; otherwise, I just need the KE files for the Japanese Full Voice version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franz2
Edit: har har, just found out that there was a ticket already for this.
and it should be fixed, try the r26 version on the files page. You'll have to replay the game because your variables are hosed though.

Quote:
gameexe.ini
change #WINDOW.000.NAME_MOD=0 to #WINDOW.000.NAME_MOD=1, #WINDOW.001.NAME_MOD=0 to #WINDOW.001.NAME_MOD=1, etc.

Last edited by evilr00t; 2009-02-20 at 05:05.
evilr00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 06:17   Link #651
Seigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
You can directly post your translation if you are sure it is a mistake, or post it as a comment or an alternate translation if you see it fit.
Ok then, I'll just post some comments. I'm not fluent enough in english to write perfect translations ^_^.

By the way, is there any way to know if someone modified recently the wiki page? With that many pages, translators will never notice when something has been modified.

Quote:
I need translation of:
あなたは『風子使い』になった!
I think it's a pun. A sorcerer in japanese is said 魔法使い for example (mahou tsukai), someone who is using magic. It's the same here : a 風子使い (fuuko tsukai) is someone who is using Fuuko. and it sounds kinda the same.
So it would literally mean "You became a Fuuko user", and I'll just leave the rest up to you, as translating from Japanese to English isn't something I'm used to do.

Quote:
遠慮しときます
That could be translated by "I'll pass". When someone offers you to do something ("Would you like to drink some beer with us?"), you say that in order to make the other understand that you're not interested.
Seigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 06:54   Link #652
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:

By the way, is there any way to know if someone modified recently the wiki page? With that many pages, translators will never notice when something has been modified.
Yeah, beside the edit link for each page you can see a history link.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 07:47   Link #653
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
You're using an unofficial patch. The 'official' patch, which I and everyone else here has been repeatedly quoting, has been out for two months.
Thank you. I'm an idiot.
Old 2009-02-20, 14:55   Link #654
boku

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilr00t View Post
I haven't been able to track this one down, but it's probably related to rlBabel. If someone can point me to where the rollback code is located, I should be able to hack it; otherwise, I just need the KE files for the Japanese Full Voice version.
Don't you think, that this problem occurs because game does not recognize main character name as default name? Maybe you can "tell" her, that now default is "Okozaki Tomoya"? Or at least to change character name to default value?
Old 2009-02-20, 15:16   Link #655
evilr00t
*Fansubber

Quote:
Don't you think, that this problem occurs because game does not recognize main character name as default name? Maybe you can "tell" her, that now default is "Okozaki Tomoya"? Or at least to change character name to default value?
Thought about that, but I thought I fixed all of the name problems in r26 (it now accepts Okazaki Tomoya as the default name). It's definitely related to rlbabel because rlbabel wrecks all of the Japanese text in the game.

Now that I think about it, there's probably a special case in one of the base (9000+) KE files that I haven't gotten around to translating. The screenshot of the settings screen is a smoking gun and I think it might be it. Turns out, the rollback code is native to the engine, so I'm certain it's because the game doesn't officially think you have voices on.

EDIT: Not quite. Got the voice checkbox checked now, but it still won't rollback correctly.

Last edited by evilr00t; 2009-02-20 at 22:11.
Old 2009-02-20, 18:33   Link #656
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Man, I must look like an idiot to you people.

So now when I try playing Full Voice I just get "Error: Text could not be formatted" in place of the actual text...

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 2009-02-20, 22:07   Link #657
evilr00t
*Fansubber

Quote:
Man, I must look like an idiot to you people.

So now when I try playing Full Voice I just get "Error: Text could not be formatted" in place of the actual text...

Anyone else have this problem?
I hope you have rlBabel.dll in your program directory. If so, make sure your gameexe.ini has #DLL.000="rlBabel" at the top.
Old 2009-02-20, 22:27   Link #658
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I've got them both, yeah. Anything else I should be looking out for?
Old 2009-02-20, 23:46   Link #659
evilr00t
*Fansubber

Quote:
I've got them both, yeah. Anything else I should be looking out for?
if you've got a rlBabel SEEN file+GAMEEXE.ini modification+rlBabel.dll, it should work... are you using the latest rlBabel?

r27 is released. Fixes the voice bug mentioned here, along with a couple of other fixes.

Changes:
re-add removed code in SEEN9600 that broke the voice replay. Partially fix Name Change (SEEN9034) screen by removing all Japanese. Fix the config screen (SEEN9524) to work with English name. Fix translation mistakes in SEEN3416 and SEEN6801. Change some translation in SEEN1430.

Screenshots:

Old 2009-02-20, 23:55   Link #660
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilr00t View Post
r27 is released. Fixes the voice bug mentioned here, along with a couple of other fixes.
Hm. I want to update my SEEN.txt with that, but isn't doing so supposed to break your saves or something? I don't want to lose my progress up to now, or all the special saves I made for my favorite scenes in the game...

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation