AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-04-19, 08:18   Link #941
Witch of Uncertainty

Spoiler for EPISODE 3:
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 09:06   Link #942
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiemma View Post
Spoiler for Madoka cosplay:
This is the most beautiful cosplay I've seen in a long time (since the Nanjo cosplaying as Beatrice one). Props to the cosplayer!
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 09:14   Link #943
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Spoiler for EPISODE 3:
Meduka strikes again.

and here is another rendition of our favourite witches:

Kirsten does look like a hikikomori. "Eh, what? Oh, right, I remember you said something about hunting witches... but damn, this means going outside! I'll just surf the internet more, trolls are more fun to hunt than witches"...
Don't tell me the poor girl might have marathoned the process faster than Sayaka...

Last edited by Snork; 2011-04-19 at 09:36.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 10:52   Link #944
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Meduka strikes again.

and here is another rendition of our favourite witches:

Kirsten does look like a hikikomori. "Eh, what? Oh, right, I remember you said something about hunting witches... but damn, this means going outside! I'll just surf the internet more, trolls are more fun to hunt than witches"...
Don't tell me the poor girl might have marathoned the process faster than Sayaka...
As adorably cute as I found that picture to be, it was the quote after that made me spit water all over myself. So true! XD
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 11:57   Link #945
Jimmy C

What amuses me about these reditions of the pre-witches is how much of the witch you can see in the girls. Compare that with Oktavia, how much of Sayaka can you reconstruct out of the witch and her barrier, if you didn't know her previously?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 12:31   Link #946
Snork
Twilight lander

That's because the witches and their looks are the only sourse for the fandom to reconstruct the girls. The case with Octavia implies that this sourse is not fully credible, though. Some elements are carried over, but then we have the apparent influence of the witch's birth location, since she first forms her barrier there. Thus, Octavia attacks with train wheels, something Sayaka certainly doesn't seem to have ever cared about.
And besides Octavia example you gave, there's an even more acid one in the face of Gretchen. How much of Madoka can you extract from HER looks?
Of course, we do have profiles as well, but they may or may not be helpful in visual interpretation.
Old 2011-04-19, 13:35   Link #947
*Osaka*Fan*

Sorry if this is obvious to others, but is the one on the left supposed to be Walpurgis? I guess I don't get the bat with nails in it...

And I agree about the whole "you can't tell much about the Puella Magi from their witch form" thing. If we didn't know Sayaka, people would interpret her as a girl who loved to swim or something. I think girl!Charlotte actually having a well..."Charlotte"-shaped scarf is really pushing it. But like Kirsten's weapon being a laptop and Gertrud's shears. Reminds me of desu.

Last edited by *Osaka*Fan*; 2011-04-19 at 14:11.
*Osaka*Fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 14:19   Link #948
Zaletta

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Osaka*Fan* View Post
Sorry if this is obvious to others, but is the one on the left supposed to be Walpurgis?
According to the tags of the same picture on Danbooru the girl on the left is Gisela, the witch Kyouko killed in her episode 7 flashback. The white symbol behind her in the picture seems to match the one on Gisela's witch card as well.
Zaletta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 14:25   Link #949
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaletta View Post
According to the tags of the same picture on Danbooru the girl on the left is Gisela, the witch Kyouko killed in her episode 7 flashback. The white symbol behind her in the picture seems to match the one on Gisela's witch card as well.
I'll go on believing that's Walpurgis, thanks. Seriously, silver hair =/= silver (rusted, but meh) Witch. Plus, the idea of MG!Walpurgis wailing on things with a spiked club is too awesome for words.

Edit: And a bokken. A freaking bokken!

Last edited by Akashin; 2011-04-19 at 14:27. Reason: for awesome
Old 2011-04-19, 17:05   Link #950
NeoEevee

Does anyone else realize that Kirsten looks a bit like Miku Hatsune?
NeoEevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 19:22   Link #951
*Osaka*Fan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoEevee View Post
How about Getrud being a dead-ringer for a Kirlia?
Old 2011-04-20, 04:57   Link #952
Snork
Twilight lander

Quote:
Plus, the idea of MG!Walpurgis wailing on things with a spiked club is too awesome for words.
and then she switched to scryscrapers for more efficiency...

Quote:
Actually, the first thing to come to my mind. I blame the twintails.

Quote:
How about Getrud being a dead-ringer for a Kirlia?
Kyuubey switching to pokemons now? I'm outta here.
I prefer to think of her as a girl... And what I wouldn't give to see her actually fight with those scissors.
Old 2011-04-20, 22:20   Link #953
*Osaka*Fan*

As fun as Puella Magi versions of witches are, I'm wondering what people will come up with potential witch versions for Mami, Kyoko and Homura.

Has anyone seen any?
Old 2011-04-20, 22:25   Link #954
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Osaka*Fan* View Post
As fun as Puella Magi versions of witches are, I'm wondering what people will come up with potential witch versions for Mami, Kyoko and Homura.

Has anyone seen any?
Some claim that Roberta is probably the witch version of Mami, due to her use of long stockings.
Old 2011-04-20, 22:27   Link #955
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Some claim that Roberta is probably the witch version of Mami, due to her use of long stockings.
There was also something about seeing rifles fall as Roberta was defeated, but I still haven't caught that.
Old 2011-04-20, 23:40   Link #956
NeoEevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
There was also something about seeing rifles fall as Roberta was defeated, but I still haven't caught that.
Right when Roberta explodes, you can see little stick-things flying out of the blast. It's kind of hard to catch, and while they could be rifles, I'm thinking it might be a coincedence.

Or... and I'd have to rewatch ep. 10 for this, as I'm not sure the cage Roberta was in was caught in the explosion, but the "sticks" might be parts of the cage.
NeoEevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 23:44   Link #957
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoEevee View Post
Right when Roberta explodes, you can see little stick-things flying out of the blast. It's kind of hard to catch, and while they could be rifles, I'm thinking it might be a coincedence.

Or... and I'd have to rewatch ep. 10 for this, as I'm not sure the cage Roberta was in was caught in the explosion, but the "sticks" might be parts of the cage.
There's also the fact of Roberta's Witch Card not sounding a bit like Mami, but if the sticks you're talking about (will have to rewatch to try to catch what you're talking about) are indeed rifles it could be possible. Still don't really buy it, but eh, I guess it's better than a jokingly fan-made headless Witch. -_-

Edit: Rewatched, and meh; the cage was caught in the explosion so it's probable they were just splinters of wood, but I can see why people would mistake them for rifles.

Last edited by Akashin; 2011-04-20 at 23:53. Reason: edit-esque editing
Old 2011-04-21, 07:43   Link #958
Snork
Twilight lander

By all laws of logic and beyond them, the witch form of Mami would NEVER be headless. Such a development would give Shroedinger's cat a run for his money.
As for Kyouko... I wonder if her barrier might resemble Inquisition cellars.
Old 2011-04-21, 09:23   Link #959
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
By all laws of logic and beyond them, the witch form of Mami would NEVER be headless. Such a development would give Shroedinger's cat a run for his money.
Inquisition dungeons......with NO food
Old 2011-04-21, 09:45   Link #960
Akashin

Quote:
Logic and what fans would actually do are mutually exclusive here, I think. I find it extremely unlikely that I'd see a Witch!Mami that still has its head. =/

Tags
images, madoka magica