AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-22, 23:03   Link #1461
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Its common in history where the Church attempts to regain control over people by eliminating those who differ in view points.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 00:39   Link #1462
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ahh, tryin to be slick there, Yuusha! Passing off Dragon Princess onto the Merchant... Granted, with Maou and Female Knight... there shouldn't be much else one would need after those two...

Glad that Yuusha swashed the 'sacrificial' route in a hurry too. While Maou is probably the single most important person in the realm right now, Big Sis, in her own right, is becoming someone irreplacable. I wouldn't want to see her killed in Maou's place.
Old 2013-02-23, 01:30   Link #1463
Divini
Senpai!

Looks like Meido Ane will get her time to shine next ep. Bet she'll get some trash talk by her captors, and she'll give a passionate statement or some such and finally be able to clear the doubts in her heart. "I am Human" indeed.

Also, maybe, just maybe we'll finally get to see Yuusha fight?!
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 02:56   Link #1464
Xaturas

I think yusha fights will be impresive. Based on the story he is made into a demigod walking around between humans, where he can just trample on them like ants.
Maybe the *modified* Demonking would stand a chance. But well I didn't read novel, or manga so hard to say maybe there will be other demigods in this title.
Old 2013-02-23, 03:02   Link #1465
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Her first deal with him (where she strongly hinted she wanted to open trade with the demons) and something the anime skipped had him figure out she was a demon by that point.
Spoiler for what was skipped:
The anime showed he suspected something right at the first meeting, though. "You shall be merchant before you are human. You shall be merchant before you are a servant of the Church".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 09:13   Link #1466
eiyuu99

A lack of strong emphasis weakens the audience's impression though.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 11:23   Link #1467
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The anime showed he suspected something right at the first meeting, though. "You shall be merchant before you are human. You shall be merchant before you are a servant of the Church".
It was what happened during the skipped part that confirmed it. I really like what I've read of the second novel as it really gives the side characters the chance to shine and not be so much Maou solves everything like the First volume was.

Next week should be at least one of the parts I have been waiting for since the show started and to me is only the start of the epicness.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 12:19   Link #1468
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Verse 8: Take this Sword, My Lord.

Anyone remember how the last episode ended with those two scoundrels plotting to make the Winter Country along with the rest of the Southern Nations to pay for their state of humilliation?

- Well, if the Church finally poked their noses hard along with its Inquisition to try Maou for heresy on charges of witchcraft and association with Demons, then I believe this was their counterstrike.

Oh, yes! The Church finally got themselves involved, and their retrograde way of thinking mixing religious matters into politics and economics, in order to fulfill their agenda and maintain their status quo throughout the continent paints no good prospects for those nations who, finally, have found stability thanks to Maous' teachings.

Of course, Yuusha and company won't allow them to have their way, but like the dove they must act with prudence and like the snake act with cunningness, so as no to raise futher suspicions. Basically, Yuusha is forced to choose between two prospect of choices, and, at the end, he makes it quite clear he's deciding on what's right over what's easy to do.

Let us not forget that with the Church moving the Trade Alliance is compromised as well, since they were amongst the first ones that Maou made trade alliances with and made profit from the new methods she introduced into the country.
Yes, the merchants are concerned about productivity in terms of profit and loss, but they also have to worry about their public image like all the rest.
They aren't fighters and, through common sense, would side with the party that possess not only the strongest military and politics, but also the strongest influence in the land. The purpose to gain the rights to do business and trades, so as they can continue to produce, maintain their market monopoly, and making profits.
It'll be interesting to watch what move the Merchant is going to take faced against the Church, and after what Yuusha revealed to him about Maou and the demons.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 13:43   Link #1469
XFire
150% done

So Yuusha plans to become a public enemy in order to protect Big Sis Maid, as Demon Queen confronts her ancestors.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-02-23, 16:01   Link #1470
rickadams
Yggdrasil DJ

There's a lot of text on that huge document they lay out on the table, and I can ALMOST read it, but not quite. The signature at the end is quite legible, though:
Spoiler for signature:
Well, doesn't THAT have a cheery ring to it...
Old 2013-02-23, 22:30   Link #1471
zero7090

It was a pretty normal ep, then sudden production value sky rocketed at the last scene with dat soundtrack. Ok now the studio have their chance to make it right on the next ep. And they better do it right.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 23:06   Link #1472
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickadams View Post
There's a lot of text on that huge document they lay out on the table, and I can ALMOST read it, but not quite. The signature at the end is quite legible, though:
Spoiler for signature:
Well, doesn't THAT have a cheery ring to it...
Well.................... inquisitor, then there is Inquisition. .................Coincidence or spot on?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 23:39   Link #1473
Gravitas Free Zone

When the guy showed up (dressed appropriately) I couldn't get the Monty Python sketch out of my head.

I think Young Merchant would have figured out something was weird just from Little Sister Maid being so incredibly jumpy.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 00:52   Link #1474
EroKing

Old 2013-02-24, 14:16   Link #1475
Wolfwood2

Hey, quick question. Is there ever any reason given in the novels or manga for why Hero is able not able to progress his relationship with Demon Queen? She obviously likes him, he likes her, and it's been literally years. Why is she still stuck with a body pillow?

I've read some of the manga as well as watching the show, and literally I can't understand what's going on. It's not that he's suspicious of her or doesn't trust her. He's not bound to a vow of celibacy. He hasn't suffered some horrible trauma that renders him unable to love. And the story doesn't present it that Hero is supposed to be some sort of horrible person for stringing her along like that.

So... what's going on? It's like the relationship is being held back from naturally progressing to sex and such for no reason whatsoever.
Wolfwood2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 15:43   Link #1476
HandofFate

So is that magican girl from hero's party a half-breed or something?

Really enjoyed the scene with Knight.
Even though the maou and yuusha are the main couple.

I really like the Knight's character in her noble duties and chivalry and stuff.

So does the old man and Winter King know that she's the maou, or do they just still think she's a scholar and she's away at the moment?
Old 2013-02-24, 20:22   Link #1477
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood2 View Post
So... what's going on? It's like the relationship is being held back from naturally progressing to sex and such for no reason whatsoever.
Why settle for one when he has 3 women now?
Old 2013-02-24, 20:50   Link #1478
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Why settle for one when he has 3 women now?
Then again, why do you want 3 women if you're not going to do anything with them anyway?
Old 2013-02-24, 20:51   Link #1479
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Then again, why do you want 3 women if you're not going to do anything with them anyway?
It's a harem. [He's prob got 4 women after him (Dragon Princess, Knight, Mauou, and Mage who we haven't seem much of yet)].When things settle down, he'll prob run off somewhere.

I don't think that romance is that big of a part of this title. To me it's economics of war stuff.
Old 2013-02-24, 20:53   Link #1480
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It's a harem. When things settle down, he'll prob run off somewhere.
That's why harem in anime are usually such waste of time.

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem