AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-05-25, 07:30   Link #761
KikeLyne

The 'spin-off' manga seems to be talking about the short stories of Volume 4. Wonder will they add anything extra stories that isn't in the LN.
KikeLyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 09:08   Link #762
Sixth
Hu Tao

So the 2 rookies in the Brand New Day was from the GS chapter 5 (they look slightly different though) where they tried to recruit Priestess to join their party. Didn't know how do these 2 rookies ended up as main protagonists in the Brand New Day. Hope that they won't get killed like a fodder in that series.

It is good to have 2 GS chapters on the same day though.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 09:15   Link #763
AP24

The reason she looked skinny in the chapter was because she hasn't eaten anything for days.

So in order to save an adventurer from near death, you just need to make a virgin sleep naked with him. I wonder if this will be a habit?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 09:25   Link #764
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
The reason she looked skinny in the chapter was because she hasn't eaten anything for days.

So in order to save an adventurer from near death, you just need to make a virgin sleep naked with him. I wonder if this will be a habit?
It is not for free though.

Also, typical GS.

Woke up from the bed with a naked girl, learned that he slept with 2 girls and the first thing he do is checking Priestess's shoulder, and then ask Sword Maiden where he can repair his armors.
Old 2018-05-25, 09:52   Link #765
zztop

Youtuber The Anime Man interviewed Goblin Slayer's author.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Author Kagyou Kumo gives some interesting insights on what inspired him to write Slayer.
Ex. GS's character concept is inspired by Batman, The Punisher, Kick-Ass. Author's style is influenced by older fantasy series he grew up reading, unlike the SOL/videogame isekai that influences other younger authors.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 14:20   Link #766
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
So the 2 rookies in the Brand New Day was from the GS chapter 5 (they look slightly different though) where they tried to recruit Priestess to join their party. Didn't know how do these 2 rookies ended up as main protagonists in the Brand New Day. Hope that they won't get killed like a fodder in that series.

It is good to have 2 GS chapters on the same day though.
From what I gathered, Brand New Day follows Vol 4, which is like a breather volume before shit start brewing again. We get to see the daily lives of the adventurers in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post

Dude, the same spell in 5e - Ressurection - requires a diamond worth 1000 gold per cast. Its lesser cousin - Revivify - requires a diamond worth 300 gold per cast. Granted, both spells actually revives someone, but I figure the cost is only a bit lesser than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
It is not for free though.

Also, typical GS.

Woke up from the bed with a naked girl, learned that he slept with 2 girls and the first thing he do is checking Priestess's shoulder, and then ask Sword Maiden where he can repair his armors.
Ayup. Typical Orcbolg.

And we all love him for it.
Old 2018-05-25, 23:52   Link #767
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
From what I gathered, Brand New Day follows Vol 4, which is like a breather volume before shit start brewing again. We get to see the daily lives of the adventurers in it.
I see. Good to hear that.
Old 2018-05-26, 08:24   Link #768
Random14

Leave it to Goblin Slayer to immediate check Priestess' wound and then not be distracted by Sword Maiden at all. She puts up a strong front, but ouch, she's got plenty of scars too.

I wonder about Goblin Slayer's luck sometimes. His teacher said no luck (though his teacher was basically a drill sergeant), then Goblin Slayer ends up crashing into a secret passage (which also saved his life). Then again, having loyal companions to help save him help with any bad dice rolls, but protecting them makes things more complicated too.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 10:33   Link #769
Tenzen12

With single exception no one really need his protection, either whole team is in pinch or whole team is alright. Given he is leader both is his responsibility, but that's different from " protecting"
Old 2018-05-26, 17:28   Link #770
lexlexz

whats is the new manga about?
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 04:22   Link #771
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlexz View Post
whats is the new manga about?
Apparently it is a side-story of some rookies adventurers who get to meet Goblin Slayer on their journey to become real adventurers.
Old 2018-05-27, 04:46   Link #772
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chapter 24 was a nice read.
Old 2018-05-27, 05:21   Link #773
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Apparently it is a side-story of some rookies adventurers who get to meet Goblin Slayer on their journey to become real adventurers.
That's only one of side stories, Manga will probably also feature all star team of GB, Lancer and heavy warrior against evil wizard, Cow girl and Bikini Armor or girls playing tabletop RPG among others.
Old 2018-05-28, 20:14   Link #774
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
I think that either the artist made a mistake, or it's part of the reason why the two of them are naked in bed together.

Because I remember from the bath house illust a few chapter back that she isn't that skinny. In fact, this bodyline is more along the line of HEA I think.
Oh no; she's actually that skinny. Angles tend to favour certain aspects, which is why she looks a little diffferent in some CGs.

Skinny girls are adorable.
WERERABBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 20:15   Link #775
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

The Big Priestess scares me.
WERERABBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 21:36   Link #776
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
With single exception no one really need his protection, either whole team is in pinch or whole team is alright. Given he is leader both is his responsibility, but that's different from " protecting"
Considering how many times she's saved their collective asses (hello ogre fireball, meet double barrier), she's worth it.
Old 2018-05-28, 22:10   Link #777
Tenzen12

Well, her skill set is certainly worth and it's true there is no available alternative atm (and I doubt she would be replaced even if someone better did showed up)

Despite that, if that I remember GB mentioning several time they don't need actually need her with them. Even if it was mainly out of consideration for her.
Old 2018-06-15, 20:02   Link #778
Twi

The prequel updated. The Rock Eater and Goblin Slaying have begun. Heavy Swordsman has also met Goblin Slayer by now, as he references it.
Old 2018-06-16, 12:05   Link #779
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well at least some people are smart in using a helmet in battle.
Old 2018-06-26, 06:38   Link #780
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chapter 25 is out.
GS and Priestess go out for a walk in the city.
And later they are fighting a Beholder.

Tags
dark fantasy, harem, mature content, tragedy