AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-25, 18:40   Link #21
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well the name Merlin occurred to me cause of the Arthur mention, so it's possible she may be involved there but floating and stuff, that rarely happens with such characters especially if they are Knights.
Knights don't float, they wade into battle on foot or horseback.
Only time a Knight flies into battle is on the back of a big ass fire-breathing dragon!
Hmm...one of these knights seems to control lightning...totally standard!

though I most admit, my monstergirl loving side is cheering for the centaur option.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 20:24   Link #22
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Think it's more for the insult and fear...they not only killed the guy but also skewered him and put his corpse up for display.

"They must be strong to do that to a man that strong."
"How dare they desecrate his body."

Were probably the responses they were looking for.
Just speculation though.
Makes a lot of sense. Considering that SDS weren't well liked by much of the military due to their background, It's likely they wouldn't question the fact of whether the murder was the group's handy work or not despite how ghastly it was.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 20:47   Link #23
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Make a crime look horrible enough and people will be begging for a target to dump the blame on...even if it isn't the right one. That's why it gets easier to pin the crime on someone else the more horrible it is.

"Someone stole my watch!"
One person will worry about the criminal while the others will ignore it, not their problem.

"Someone killed a family of four!"
Everyone will worry about who the perpetrator is both because they become worried for themselves and have that lingering feeling of "It could have been my family".

What happens when a pickpocket is caught by a group of civilians that have nothing to do with the robbery? He gets held down and kept there until the police arrives.
What happens if a murderer is caught by a similar group? Well let's just say that the police isn't going to apprehend a man in good health.
Not only that but people are less inclined to listen to the side of the criminal.

That said...I'm not sure if the murder was made to incriminate them, it could have been for a number things. He could have meant to tell them a secret someone didn't want anyone to know for example.
Old 2012-11-25, 21:02   Link #24
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Make a crime look horrible enough and people will be begging for a target to dump the blame on...even if it isn't the right one. That's why it gets easier to pin the crime on someone else the more horrible it is.

"Someone stole my watch!"
One person will worry about the criminal while the others will ignore it, not their problem.

"Someone killed a family of four!"
Everyone will worry about who the perpetrator is both because they become worried for themselves and have that lingering feeling of "It could have been my family".

What happens when a pickpocket is caught by a group of civilians that have nothing to do with the robbery? He gets held down and kept there until the police arrives.
What happens if a murderer is caught by a similar group? Well let's just say that the police isn't going to apprehend a man in good health.
Not only that but people are less inclined to listen to the side of the criminal.
Yep, it's that sort prejudice that makes it easy frame almost anything on guys like SDS regardless of their current status or deeds.

Quote:
That said...I'm not sure if the murder was made to incriminate them, it could have been for a number things. He could have meant to tell them a secret someone didn't want anyone to know for example.
What I'm suspecting at this point is some sort of major conspiracy. The former Holy Knight Leader and SDS were probably a threat to somebody's grand scheme. So that incident was probably setup to kill two birds with one stone and Diane seemed to caught wind of that at the time. Of course SDS just being a convenient scapegoat works too.
Old 2012-11-26, 04:12   Link #25
Kreceir

First Kongou Banchou and now this manga... Damn you MarvelB.
I like the giantess already,Not listening and decided to slam him into the ground out of jealousy
Old 2012-11-26, 04:35   Link #26
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Hmm, I have a feeling that Meliodas' sin could be Wrath. You all heard the phrase, Wrath of the Dragon before right? That's kinda where I got the idea. Maybe, in his past, Meliodas was in such a berserk mode, that after it passed, he blanked out, and couldn't remember anything about it, which may explain his current demeanor. Also, Diane loving Meliodas, kinda makes sense that a snake would love a dragon, a small (and I use this term loosely) reptile admiring the big (again, loosely) reptile.
Old 2012-11-26, 08:23   Link #27
whitecloud

you know...when i see the kingdom name britannia and the mention of holy knight the first thing that pop up in my head is lelouch...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 18:05   Link #28
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
First Kongou Banchou and now this manga... Damn you MarvelB.

And that's another one converted.

Speaking of KB, I'd love it if SDS actually had some crossover reference to it, but I doubt it since both series are from different magazines (KB was Shonen Sunday, this one is from Shonen Magazine). Oh well, I'll just cross my fingers and hope that we'll at least get some more Kongou-esque hulking beasts as characters in this series....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 18:34   Link #29
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And that's another one converted.

Speaking of KB, I'd love it if SDS actually had some crossover reference to it, but I doubt it since both series are from different magazines (KB was Shonen Sunday, this one is from Shonen Magazine). Oh well, I'll just cross my fingers and hope that we'll at least get some more Kongou-esque hulking beasts as characters in this series....
It wouldn't be the first time an author did something like that even if the series are published in different magazines, they are still their characters.

That said seeing a Kongou show up would be pretty damn sweet.
Old 2012-11-27, 19:52   Link #30
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Double Post...yea...

Smooth move Captain!!! It was actually a really nice trick to gain info, it's obvious that he's stronger than Little Gil.
Old 2012-11-27, 20:25   Link #31
marvelB

Yeah, Meliodas playing possum was awesome. Kinda reminds me of those gags you see in old-school Looney Tunes or something.

Also kinda funny to see that the only character who ultimately got taken down by Gil so far was Hork.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Hmm, I have a feeling that Meliodas' sin could be Wrath.

You were spot-on, friend!
Old 2012-11-27, 22:48   Link #32
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, saw the raws, and it looks like we'll have a new sin joining us soon.
Old 2012-12-12, 11:15   Link #33
marvelB

Translated chapter 7 is out now!

Heh, I like how Gil was freaking thrown into a church several miles away, yet walked out of it like it was nothing. God, I love how crazy Suzuki's series can be.

Anyway, new sin introduced! He'll probably become one of the gang within the next 2-3 chapters, I'm sure.
Old 2012-12-12, 11:31   Link #34
leokiko

This new sin has the face of a psycho, lol. Looking foward to the next chapter.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 11:45   Link #35
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

You know that something isn't right when the super strong prisoner starts humming for no reason xD
Old 2012-12-12, 13:48   Link #36
Xion Valkyrie

You know, I've always wondered about manga/tv where these people are locked up in ridiculous amount of chains for extended periods of time. How do they eat or poop?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 15:21   Link #37
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Don't bring logic into this, fool! D:
Old 2012-12-12, 15:43   Link #38
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
You know, I've always wondered about manga/tv where these people are locked up in ridiculous amount of chains for extended periods of time. How do they eat or poop?
Sometimes, it's better not to get too deep into that wondering, although it is a legit one.
Old 2012-12-12, 17:34   Link #39
marvelB

Honestly, I always sort of figured that dungeons had like a small hole or something for the prisoners to do their business in. As for food..... aren't those kinds of places usually a breeding ground for rats and bugs?
Old 2012-12-12, 18:38   Link #40
Iron Maw
Banned

Okay the pages 9-10 pretty hilarious, but man Gilthunder is super stoic. Dude's expression doesn't even change after being thrown at such speeds that would have killed most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
This new sin has the face of a psycho, lol. Looking foward to the next chapter.
Honestly, he should be crazy (and extremely malnourished) considering he was pieced to wall without the ability to literally not do anything, but breathe for ten years. His random humming isn't all that strange when you consider all that.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-12-14 at 18:51.

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen