AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-18, 13:16   Link #101
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore View Post
I hope you mean that because of the speed of our release, because that's quite an insult. The translation is correct.
I for really appreciate the speed at which it was done. I love C1's releases. You've got great quality video and the subs are easy to read. Keep it up cause a lot of us appreciate it. It's a great show you've decided to pick up. Thanks!
Old 2007-01-18, 14:04   Link #102
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Ha that was kinda weird when hearing that first piano teacher talk... ZORO!

Anyway this looks interesting, I particularly liked the hair washing scene (she feels like a queen getting pampered, he feels like a dog groomer).
Yeah, that was exactly my reaction after he uttered his first few lines

I liked the first ep. Must admit I was pretty hyped for it beforehand and it hasn't disappointed yet. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread (I think) the 24 minutes or so just flew by. Quite a few memorable and funny scenes in the first episode IMO. Really liked the ED too, OP less so. Looking forward to future episodes.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 15:40   Link #103
aeroshadow
?

Send a message via AIM to aeroshadow
I liked this, although I think the extreme similarity to H&C's art style is affecting me more than it should.

*shrugs*

Nodame is adorable.
aeroshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 16:52   Link #104
Lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
I think its obvious whenever Nodame says any of her signature lines. Just listen carefully. =p
You would think that its obvious, but to people who are not familiar with Nodame don't truly grasp it until they are informed; whether from 'subtitles' or from other fans or whatever. Like I said, that question was just a out of curiosity. I also downloaded C1Anime's version out of curiosity. Trust me, there are people out there who don't/didn't know what she says. Obviously, this does not apply to people who are already a fan of Nodame.
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 17:31   Link #105
tritoch

Actually, I haven't read the manga or watched the live action version. =)
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 18:49   Link #106
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore View Post
Yes, I translate Nodame for C1 and I directly translate from Japanese to English.
What series do you translate? I find that some C1 releases are left behind, but some like Nodame are subbed pretty fast (at least, for the first episode).
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 23:09   Link #107
Lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
Actually, I haven't read the manga or watched the live action version. =)
It doesn't really matter, its not that important to me. Maybe, its more obvious than I had expected. I truly apologise for bringing it up.

I just got done watching episode 2 and all I will say is that its packed with tons of precious Nodame moments and Mine is finally introduced. Episode 3 will be even better because Masumi-chan will be introduced.
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 00:02   Link #108
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Oh, man, I don't think that I have ever laughed as hard during an anime episodes as I did during episode 2 of Nodame Cantabile.

Mine-kun's attemps at makeup, Nodame's eating habits, "This is what married life is like".... I was simply rolling on the floor, it was so hilarious. 8))))
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 02:45   Link #109
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Well, if ep 1 didn't hook me, 2 certainly has. This may well end up being my favourite series of this season. ^^; Nodame is just so awesome. As already said, her eating habits are quite amusing.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 10:52   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

After the second episode, its become clear that i'm enjoying this just as much as the manga. The anime does a better job at displaying the 'over the top' scenes, and at the same time keeping the same feeling that i love from the manga. Also, when reading the manga, whenever there's a famous piece of music being played, i end up humming it in my head, though i believe it does more for the scene when actually being able to hear it.

Anyway, second episode was just as fun as the first. I always liked this part of the story for the role Saiko plays (she's so good :3). It was also good to hear Mine's electric violin at the start, though its a shame we won't hear it again. Next episode we'll see Masumi... that'll be fun.
Old 2007-01-19, 11:25   Link #111
Julius Firefocht

This is one of those sleeper hits of this season, the sort of title that does not display it's awesomeness until you actually give it a try. I am very glad that I took the effort to watch the show, because I truly enjoyed the first episode!

This Ayako Kawasumi/Seki Tomokazu pairing is working out remarkably well, as we found out from Fate/Stay Night, Kanon, and now Nodame Catabile. Looking forward to the 2nd episode!
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 12:37   Link #112
AniOta
英語解りません

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-19, 14:06   Link #113
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
What series do you translate? I find that some C1 releases are left behind, but some like Nodame are subbed pretty fast (at least, for the first episode).
I'm only freelance translating for C1. This is my first and most likely last (for now) project with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniOta View Post
Spoiler:
うわ、どうもすみませんw
主題歌や挿入歌等の翻訳はあまり得意じゃないので間違いがいつも出てきてしまいます。直してくれてありがと うございます。助かりました。
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 19:22   Link #114
Srin Tuar
無謀

wow, i havent commented on this show yet, nor read any of the previous comments,
But I had to stop by here and mention how cute episode 2 was.

Normally, I hate slovenly, can't clean or cook girls like nodame (fitting name) but the way she acts in episode two is so cute its impossible to despise her. She is terribly cute.

Well, i guess now im hooked and will follow this show
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 20:09   Link #115
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

The way the staff handles the art in this anime does remind me of H & C in the coloring and the OP & ED style. The characters designs look pretty much like the manga style (from the few pages I've skimmed through). After watching 2 eps, I didn't find any of the moments funny to the point where I cracked a smile so laughing out loud is out of the question. (I remember laughing a lot when I was watching the drama though.) Something is missing. I feel that it's lacking the effective expressions that H & C possesses but then again H & C manga is really all about expressions (from what I've seen) and I know I shouldn't even compare the two. (Maybe it's not supposed to be that funny.)

In the beginning I was so looking forward to see the anime but now I think I've watched enough. Watching it makes me feel like I'm watching something inferior in another medium. If I didn't watch the drama I probably wouldn't be so harsh. The feeling is kind of similar to the time when I watched HYD live action after watching the anime. This time I adore the NC drama much more than the HYD anime so it's very hard for me to watch it without thinking back to the drama.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 23:03   Link #116
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
wow, i havent commented on this show yet, nor read any of the previous comments,
But I had to stop by here and mention how cute episode 2 was.

Normally, I hate slovenly, can't clean or cook girls like nodame (fitting name) but the way she acts in episode two is so cute its impossible to despise her. She is terribly cute.

Well, i guess now im hooked and will follow this show
Can't wait to see episode 2, I agree the can't clean/cook bit is rather uncute, but apart from that I already thought she was cute anyway. Love her "fishface" pianoplaying; guess that's why she said she was being compared to fish alot.

As for the OP/ED songs, like most I prefer the ED, but the OP isn't bad either. The piano scores and other little music bits (like the fart song ) are well done too. Not really sure yet if I find the story interesting, but it's been funny and enjoyable enough so far.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 23:53   Link #117
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
Froth-Bite has released episode 1 of Nodame Cantabile as well. It'll be very interesting to see how that turns out.

(And no, I'm not affiliated with them )

I'm looking forward to episode 2 as well!
basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 12:01   Link #118
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Ep 2 was a delight. It's a joy to hear what Ayako Kawasumi is doing with her role as Nodame, an energetic and idiosyncratic performance. The way she warbles the random brilliance of 'Gyabo! Umbrella!' nearly made me lose a mouthful of tea. Need the sub desperately for the details, but it's easy to chuckle along to Nodame's sneaky bento raid or her dribbling depression

Again the music is favourable; especially for the way it lends to Nodame's mood swings. Tchaikovsky's Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy and Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata put to great use in the funniest scenes.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 14:57   Link #119
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i think i broke my left lung laughing at ep 1...omg it was beautiful...where to start...

well by the end of the first ep it hit me...the whole theme reminded me of a mix between honey and clover and Bokura Ga Ita ~ and even the drawing style look liek it as well

the whole thing is unique...a student who is forced to be a pianist while wanting to be a conductor ~ he finally breaks is kicked from a really good piano teacher...
his background is also interesting...being in a plane accident he has a fear of travel so he thinks that he has no future left...

but what im seeing is that the future is right in front of his eyes in the form of nodame aka trash girl...

my god i havent laughed soo hard in ages XD this crazy chick with no self respect for higiene and the lack of brains is actually a hidden genius with the ability to learn music just by looking at the scores...but what makes her really cute is her oblivious attitude to everyday life...making Chiaki want to tear his hair out...

she is horrible at keeping her house and herself clean but also is rather dumb when it comes to whats right and whats wrong...that night...did anything really happen between the two? the "belt" part literally killed me XD

very few series has given me hyperventilation but this ep nearly stopped my breathing

is the plot im getting here is how chiaki is going to open up to a whole new world of his feelings...

/off to watch ep 2

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 15:57   Link #120
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i just watched episode 1. it's saber!!! i love her already! this now gets added to my must watch list!! and now i'm going to d-addicts to find the drama too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
...this crazy chick with no self respect for higiene and the lack of brains is actually a hidden genius with the ability to learn music just by looking at the scores...
just wanted to note that she actually can't read music. she learns from hearing the songs played instead.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, nodame cantabile, noitamina, romance