AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-06-15, 17:24   Link #41
Yogi

It looks like Sai is going to be the anti-Sasuke. Sasuke had emotions, friends, personal skills, and personality, but he threw them all away to become Orochimaru's mindless minion. Sai starts out as someone's mindless minion but is starting to gain emotions, friends, personal skills, and personality. While a Naruto/Sasuke showdown is almost inevitable, there is a possibility that it will be a Sai/Sasuke showdown instead, or that Sai will do something to prove himself superior to Sasuke (such as killing Itachi or something.)
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 17:41   Link #42
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Okay, let's think about it for a second. First of all, if these drugs offer only short-term benefits like soldier pills, why would Sasuke be taking them during his training? There wouldn't be any point, and he didn't know he was going to get in a fight until Sai showed up.

If they offer long-term benefits to a ninja's growth, why wouldn't all ninjas use them? The obvious explanation is that they have long term side-effects, but if that were the case then Oro wouldn't want Sasuke to use them either. He wants Sasuke's body to be in good shape for when he takes it, so I don't see why he would use pills that damage it for short-term gains. I just can't see any plausible justification for Sasuke to be doing ninja-drugs.
No the obvious explanation is that Kishimoto doesn't give a damn about ninja-joe which is why ninja doesn't always have a whole set of various pills with them along with poisonous weapons, etc.
But anyway that's also because they don't have a twisted and brilliant medic-nin to develop special drugs and a mad genius developping kinjutsu for fun.
That's like saying that every village should be able to make an antidote to Sasori's poison because if a Konoha ninja was able to do it then there is no plausible justification for them not being able to. Yes there is. They have no Tsunade nor Sakura.
And they have no Orochimaru nor Kabuto either.

Sasuke already took a drug, the Seishingan, to increase the power of the Cursed Seal way back in Part 1. Cursed Seal being a Kinjutsu influencing the body.
And voila you have two examples of drug/kinjutsu used to increase power above natural growth. Nothing new.
It's possible that the supposed mixture of jutsu/medecine Sasuke is experiencing along his training wouldn't make him live very old. Heck maybe he will get cancer in his 30s because of that.
So what? He's already willing to gave up his life and I doubt Orochimaru would remain that long inside a body anyway. He's like Gai, a little too obsessed by youth.

In fact I really don't understand your point. The CS erodes Sasuke's body in the first place, does that mean Orochimaru never gave it to him because he want the body in good shape?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 17:43   Link #43
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Well to start with this was a good chapter with some good info and things to add speculation to.

As for the Sasuke using pills or whats not to get stronger that is totaly belivevable. Orochimaru him self want a strong body to take over. So if he could increase Sasuke's body exponentialy then he surely would do it. It not like he pan to use Sasuke'S body for ever. Theirs probably even a time limit as to how long he can remain inside one particuler body anyways.

And like someone else pointed out earlier and i find sad to see no one mentioning. Is the fact that Sakura didn't punch Naruto Half way across town after his statement on then walking together on a date. Heck she showed no sing of anoyance or anything bad about it. Almost as if it was all cool.

For Kakash thinking of smething Jiraya didn't it beliveble. How ever we havent goten to see what Naruto is alredy able to do. And the tails arent' "That Jutsu". But i would agree with people on saying that the thing Kakashi wnats to teach Naruto has somehting to do with Naruto being a "Chakra Reactor".
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 17:44   Link #44
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

good, although i dont think this training will be quite enough, i think he needs another "boost" as well (cough yellow flash jutsu cough). Over all i think it was a decent chapter, it was funny and i think somewhat suspenseful.

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 17:45   Link #45
Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
If they offer long-term benefits to a ninja's growth, why wouldn't all ninjas use them?
It could be that to make the drugs requires the blood of human babies or something like that. A respectable ninja wouldn't use them, but someone like Ororchimaru would.

Or, they could have long term mental impacts, but since Orochimaru is going to be replacing Sasuke's mind anyway, it won't matter.

Or, Orochimaru is going to use Sasuke's body to breed himself a Sharingan-weilding army. Hence, it doesn't matter about the long term benefits, since he can always switch to another Sharingan wielding body.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 17:58   Link #46
yuchan

I find sai's character change a bit too sudden. People who start off like him usually won't change attitude until like a trillion chapters. I wasn't convinced his attitude change was sincere until i see he's now reading communication books. While others are hanging on the fact that naruto may become stronger than kakashi, i'm hanging on the fact that sasuke strength may have come from a drug or jutsu. I think that's great. Just shows he isn't so super talented!
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 18:07   Link #47
vblaze101

Hmm.............obviously, this guy who writes Naruto (sorry, can't recall his name at the moment, lol) is a Toriyama fan. He's pulling the whole "must go on another training mission" bs just like in DBZ. Not that hearing Kakashi tell Naruto he'll make him surpass himself isn't cool.................but after 2.5 years of training, there's simply no excuse, NONE!!!
vblaze101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 18:32   Link #48
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Talking Hallelujah

-Finally some leway for Naruto. Seriously am I the only one who got sick and tired of seeing Naruto trip and fall on his face within what-3 chapters? The fact that Kakashi is willing to train Naruto so he becomes stronger than him is a nice development. If Naruto is forbidden now to use Kyuubi's strenght then Kakashi's tutelige may be his best bet (though I'd much rather see Naruto being trained by Itachi and wielding Zabuza's Kabukiri in some far off distant alternate reality ). With Naruto's fierce detemination and persistence he's sure to succeed.

-Regarding Sai's character development, I felt that it is a neccessary thing if he's truly meant to replace Sasuke and work well with Team 7. After all distrust can lead to disaster when it exists in a team.

-In short a good chapter. Hope it continues.
Old 2006-06-15, 18:52   Link #49
Rurik
Golden

Well, It seems that Kishimoto is reflecting his passion with American Professional Baseball, by using a hot topic in Baseball, Body Enhancement drugs..in other words Sasuke is on steroids, no wonder his cranky behavior.
Old 2006-06-15, 19:20   Link #50
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni Zeke
Speaking of which...WTF happened to that mission they were supposed to go on??
I'm guessing it's just to show some sort of a normalcy in Konoha, like a filler. After all, Konoha doesn't just have Akatsuki and Orochimaru to deal with. So that mission probably began and ended between ch. 310 and 311.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
I wonder if they really trained seriously these past 2.5 yrs..
To get an idea of what Naruto's really been doing for the better part of the missing 2.5 years, I suggest you watch at least some of the current Naruto fillers.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 19:24   Link #51
Integra
Padawan

Send a message via MSN to Integra
didn´t come for a long time, hah :P

well, i really liked this chap. but... if it's only naruto that can do it... WHAT ABOUT SAKURA??? For god's sake! Why they always put the girl aside ¬¬ OK, she is strong, knows how to heal, but I wanna see some freaking good ninjutsu, an ofensive one!!! ¬¬ If she learns how to fight like the way she did when the old woman controled her body, at least that, at least faster, or, I DON'T KNOW! i just want her to do something more! She's all the time saying that she'll do something this time about Sasuke... what??? what was that???

cof cof -_- other than that... i liked the improvement of sai feelings, it was pretty realistic... and, well, i also wanna see what kakashi can do that jiraya wasn't able to think about in TWO AND A HALF YEARS!!!
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 19:50   Link #52
DwArD
mAnIaC

Great....gonna be another Naruto training chapter....but who cares!? As long as Naruto can get stronger, I wouldn't mind how many damn training they gave him. Now....I better hope Kakashi meant what he said.
Old 2006-06-15, 20:21   Link #53
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

i'm REALLY glad to see sai in a different outfit. the whole showing of the mid section was kinda unnecessary. also nice to know that kakashi, the coolest character in naruto, is gonna be back next chapter (or so i assume). i guess sasuke could've taken drugs, but i think tsunade meant that he underwent surgeries or experiments to become stronger. i mean... who knows what kabuto and those creepy scientist henchmen have been up to. good chapter overall. even without action, a manga chapter can be just as well made.
yamato_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 20:35   Link #54
Kiramisu

Naruto surpass Kakashi??

Spoiler:
Kiramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 22:07   Link #55
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiramisu
Naruto surpass Kakashi??

Spoiler:
-Why would Naruto surpassing Kakashi be a bad thing? Honestly it's the law of being a mortal human being. A sensei teaches a student or a group of students until all his/her knowledge has been passed down to the next generation. And if the student(s) improve upon the lessons that their sensei taught them then in turn they will be stronger or otherwise have surpassed their predecessor. The fact that Naruto my indeed prove himself stronger than Kakashi should not be that surprising or insulting since Kakashi was his initial "mentor" to begin with.
Old 2006-06-15, 23:52   Link #56
darkchild

If Naruto really is going to become "the greatest Hokage" in Konoha history, then at some point in this story he is going to have to surpass Kakashi. Even after he does that he still has a ways to go before he can take on Akatsuki, Orochimaru, and posibbly Sasuke.
darkchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 00:16   Link #57
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Well, It seems that Kishimoto is reflecting his passion with American Professional Baseball, by using a hot topic in Baseball, Body Enhancement drugs..in other words Sasuke is on steroids, no wonder his cranky behavior.
Sasuke's speed reminded me of Itachi's when he fought Kakashi.

You'd have to be quite fast to be able to outmaneuver someone who knows Gai's taijutsu.

I thought it might be yet another one of those things Kishimoto springs on us about what the amazing Uchiha clan can do.

If they get strong enough they can gain super speed, yet another advantage they inherit from their bloodline.

A kinjutsu is one thing, but if it is some kind of drug induced body enhancement skill Kabuto gave him they are making Sasuke's quest for power too artificial by comparison to Itachi who's progress seems to be due to his genius.

I guess Kakashi's new training lesson is going to be something similar, perhaps something he knows about that Jiraiya was unaware of.

But honestly Naruto's lack of growth over a 2.5 year timeskip training with a Sannin is the most nonsensical plot device Kishimoto has come up with.
Old 2006-06-16, 00:36   Link #58
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
They have no Tsunade nor Sakura.
There are probably better Medic nin's than Sakura when she made the poison antidote, but the fact is the other villages could never find Sasori left behind posions to make an anti-dote.

Sasuke most likely is on drugs.

Quote:
If they get strong enough they can gain super speed, yet another advantage they inherit from their bloodline.
Sasuke is related to Itachi and Itachi was exceptionally fast for an Uchiha, it's not that alll Uchiha have super speed.

we saw how far Sakura could go against Sasori, saw how far Naruto could go against Orochimaru, now we just have to see how far someone can push Sasuke, like Sai ^^.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 00:47   Link #59
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
Or, Orochimaru is going to use Sasuke's body to breed himself a Sharingan-weilding army. Hence, it doesn't matter about the long term benefits, since he can always switch to another Sharingan wielding body.
That begs the question that if he can give certain abilites/bloodlines to other nin like Yamato, why not medically make an army of Sharingan? Kakashi was able to do it with a simple eye transplant~ Or something. :P

I just can't see Oro getting down and jiggy with girls.
ragweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 00:53   Link #60
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

I hoped the reason Naruto wasnt equal to sasuke was that he was injured. But no. Naruto reaffirms that hes weaker than sasuke. Not only that, but he needs more training? But wait. There's more! The training might make him stronger than kakashi. Which means hes not stronger than Kakashi now.

Exactly what was Naruto doing these past 2.5yrs?! Perfecting the Art of the Peeping? Developing a Hentai no Jutsu that auto-deflowers chicks?

He was with Jiraya. A Sanin who made the man Oro cant beat, Itachi, run away. OK so sasuke's on drugs + cursed seal. So? Naruto is on Kyuubi+ endless chakra supply + training from a man who couldve been hokage. Come now.

I understand they gotta make it interesting, but the inconsistencies are getting out of hand.
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote