Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-11-09, 07:02   Link #3521
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Have you read any of the interviews? I think Okouchi takes Lelouch being dead very seriously, I think Sunrise would have to do something drastic for Okouchi to sign on for a sequel where Lelouch lives.

I mean something like Okouchi and Taniguchi gets large amounts of the money from the Merchandise.
So what? Just make a sequel without Taniguchi's or Okuchi onboard. Sunrise are the copyright holders and theirs plenty of other talented directors out there.

I'd rather have a new writer and director anyway since Taniguchi and Okuchi managed to ruin R2. Maybe Ruin is too strong a word but i dare anyone to say R2 does not suck balls compared to S1.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 07:08   Link #3522
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
I'd rather have a new writer and director anyway since Taniguchi and Okuchi managed to ruin R2. Maybe Ruin is too strong a word but i dare anyone to say R2 does not suck balls compared to S1.
*raises her hand*
R2 wasn't perfect and could have been a lot better, but I still enjoyed it greately.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 12:43   Link #3523
Jaime Kordek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
*raises her hand*
R2 wasn't perfect and could have been a lot better, but I still enjoyed it greately.
Yeah, I can agree with this, while R2 wasn't as good as S1, I would hardly say it sucked balls in comparison. And the problems with it are less the fault of the director/writers than the studio, who wanted them to make it more accessible to new viewers since it had shifted to a more popular timeslot. It could have been done better, but it was still highly enjoyable.
Jaime Kordek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 16:57   Link #3524
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

R1 was amazing. R2 was less than amazing. Personally, I'm all in for Taniguchi and Okuchi releasing a DVD set of what they REALLY planned to do with Code Geass, no time restrictions. Lelouch would still die, but I would be able to enjoy iy 20x more if I had the entire story.
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 11:48   Link #3525
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

Personally, i think if there will be an ova then it would be about the two month gap.
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 12:22   Link #3526
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
Personally, i think if there will be an ova then it would be about the two month gap.
That actually sounds like it would be rather boring... it would be nothing more than a drama with character reactions seeing has how Lelouch should have had no one to stand against him in that time after he captures the black knights.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 18:19   Link #3527
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Kordek View Post
Yeah, I can agree with this, while R2 wasn't as good as S1, I would hardly say it sucked balls in comparison. And the problems with it are less the fault of the director/writers than the studio, who wanted them to make it more accessible to new viewers since it had shifted to a more popular timeslot. It could have been done better, but it was still highly enjoyable.
R2 was to have followed in the same manner as R1 in the same mature format before the writers were forced to change their plans. If they do bring back Code Geass, it would have to take place in an alternate universe, which takes place after R1. I can't see Code Geass doing well without Lelouch going forward after R2. A remake of R2 is possible, given how it was done to several anime series over the years with a great deal of success. R2 did well enough fro Sunrise to grant the creators an option to do another series if they want to.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 19:32   Link #3528
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
True, but money is what makes the world go round. If SUNRISE wants a sequel and wants it to be a near guarenteed hit, they would bring Lelouch back, and Okouchi wouldn't have much say in the matter since he doesn't own the character.
Maybe Okouchi will be happy to bring lelouch back. Who knows. What he said in the interview was not clear. He said that a sequel will depend on the fan reactions. He didn't add the line "but lelouch will not be in it for sure at 100%"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I recalled that this anime was known as Lelouch of the Rebellion. Code Geass was added to the title later. I would say, this anime focuses on Lelouch. Should there be a sequel, Code Geass will be given another title such as "Nightmare of Nunnally" or "Suzaku of the Counterattack" along the line.

Why are we so pessimistic? Surely if they can create a character like Lelouch, they can always create another like him. I seriously think they can end it here as that. THE END.
That's what I said. I beleive that Okouchi can create another awesome character. Different from lelouch but still awesome in his/her own way.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 19:45   Link #3529
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Maybe Okouchi will be happy to bring lelouch back. Who knows. What he said in the interview was not clear. He said that a sequel will depend on the fan reactions. He didn't add the line "but lelouch will not be in it for sure at 100%"

That's what I said. I beleive that Okouchi can create another awesome character. Different from lelouch but still awesome in his/her own way.
That would be a very tough act to follow. Code Geass without Lelouch would require some serious planning. To remove it from the Lelouch's world would be a huge risk, considering that R2 was somewhat felt unfinished.

A prequel with Charles x Marianne would be interesting. A R2 remake is still a strong possibility. A movie is an option that could take place between R1 and R2.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 22:19   Link #3530
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Something I have always been curious about. There was alot of foreshadowing concerning the Geass, implying that Lelouch would end up alone. Does death in this case equal isolation? I just can't help but wonder if this was a foreshadowing for an ending they had originally planned but had to scrap in favor of a more Gundam 00 esque ending.

@CharredKnight

Quote:
If Code Geass had been an ensemble cast like say most Gundam series, or shonen series than I would say that I look forward to a sequel, but Code Geass has always been about Lelouch.
As much as I like Gundam I highly doubt they do any better at developing a large cast than any other series. Then again I haven't watched the older series in a while so I am mainly speaking from experience about SEED. The only series that I think did a good job on developing large casts are Monster and Gundam 00. Then again the former is a masterpiece in my opinion

Last edited by Masterkeyes2; 2008-11-10 at 22:37.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 22:38   Link #3531
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

With all the emphasis they put on Geass making people lonely, I thought that Lelouch would get around that damn curse, which he did, in a way.
Old 2008-11-10, 23:09   Link #3532
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
With all the emphasis they put on Geass making people lonely, I thought that Lelouch would get around that damn curse, which he did, in a way.
I thought he wouldn't, considering how Shirley and Euphie died, I expected alot more of those close to him die before receiving the Code and having out-live the rest of his remaining loved ones.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 01:16   Link #3533
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
Something I have always been curious about. There was alot of foreshadowing concerning the Geass, implying that Lelouch would end up alone. Does death in this case equal isolation? I just can't help but wonder if this was a foreshadowing for an ending they had originally planned but had to scrap in favor of a more Gundam 00 esque ending.

@CharredKnight

As much as I like Gundam I highly doubt they do any better at developing a large cast than any other series. Then again I haven't watched the older series in a while so I am mainly speaking from experience about SEED. The only series that I think did a good job on developing large casts are Monster and Gundam 00. Then again the former is a masterpiece in my opinion
I am just saying that with Gundam, Tomino could create Zeta Gundam using Char, and Bright as the only main characters from the original Gundam series because those two where so developed.

Would anyone watch a Code Geass series starring an entirely new cast with Suzaku and Ougi as the two leaders?

The Ougi Slap!
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 01:37   Link #3534
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

why cant he fake his death and change his name, so he could live in peace, or did he fake his death
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 02:11   Link #3535
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
why cant he fake his death and change his name, so he could live in peace, or did he fake his death
Okouchi has stated that his dead in the 42nd issue of Continue magazine.

Lelouch did this for two reasons

1. Pride (Those who shoot must be willing to be shot), in other words those who kill must be willing to be killed. Lelouch had sacrificed hundreds of innocent people to get where he was, and killed himself to show that resolution.
2. He felt that he needed to do this to redeem himself. Lelouch was a good person who did horrible things due to his heavily flawed nature. He wasn't like Charles who was evil, and didn't give a damn about what he did. Charles commited genocide killing millions and didn't care, Lelouch brainwashed hundreds and he felt bad.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 08:16   Link #3536
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That should be the way. But if fanbase are still in denial, the other way is not to have anymore related series and end this the way it is.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 09:30   Link #3537
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

Quote:
Have you read any of the interviews? I think Okouchi takes Lelouch being dead very seriously, I think Sunrise would have to do something drastic for Okouchi to sign on for a sequel where Lelouch lives.
And so if I were to agree with u I'll have to acknowlege that Lelouch for gone for good(which I won't). AND you never thought that he'll make a scene in the sequel?
Knight Of Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 10:10   Link #3538
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Zero View Post
And so if I were to agree with u I'll have to acknowlege that Lelouch for gone for good(which I won't). AND you never thought that he'll make a scene in the sequel?
his VA would have to be part of the main cast (as ZERO's VA, not lelouch)
suzkau has to use a voice changer after the switch
otherwise people would notice
Old 2008-11-11, 11:08   Link #3539
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:

1. Pride (Those who shoot must be willing to be shot), in other words those who kill must be willing to be killed. Lelouch had sacrificed hundreds of innocent people to get where he was, and killed himself to show that resolution.
2. He felt that he needed to do this to redeem himself. Lelouch was a good person who did horrible things due to his heavily flawed nature. He wasn't like Charles who was evil, and didn't give a damn about what he did. Charles commited genocide killing millions and didn't care, Lelouch brainwashed hundreds and he felt bad.
I'm sorry, but if he was just dying to satisfy his own pride and because he had some psychological need to heap all of the blame onto himself, that is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard of. He didn't have the right to leave all the people that loved him behind to care for the peace he sacrificed so much for. That's just a major cop out.
Old 2008-11-11, 11:21   Link #3540
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:

Death is not necessarily redemption.
don't confuse redemption with sacrifice. (or any comparision's with Jesus would make me facepalm.)

i going to pounce on number 2.
Death is not redeeming, death is escape/cop out.
you are not taking responsibility for what you put the world in.
Instead your taking the easy way out.
By dying you are no longer have to worry about the world.
As you no longer are part of it.
In the end your escaping your responsibilities.
Lelouch has a responsibility to the world to rebuild it.
Lelouch succeeded in destroying the world.
Lelouch destroy the status quo of the world.
But he uttrely failed in rebuilding it as he is dead.
He no longer is part of the process instead leaving that responsibility to others.
Its a lot harder to live for what you believe than to die for it.
Lelouch make the world a better place?
Yes he did.
At what cost?
Millions dead. Homes lost etc etc.
Was it worth it?
I am not sure.

By lelouch dying it was a major cop out.
It was the easy way out instead of explaining some loose tied ends left on the table.
this is a snippet of what i would argue.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote