AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-07, 12:33   Link #1521
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

The not-so-reliable site is reliable enough when it comes to sales news from my experience. Let's face it, Senjougahara pwned everything KyoAni had. Although truth be told, pwning Haruhi wasn't really a feat, since KyoAni/Kadokawa did their best to turn their gold into lead.
Old 2009-10-08, 01:57   Link #1522
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

i wouldn't call it higher quality i would call it FRIGGIN FINISHED. the tv release was just an incomplete joke

im still wondering if anyones going to sub the web episodes or anything
kenshin-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 02:09   Link #1523
zato_1one

How could episode 1,2 were an incomplete joke? Not all episodes were liked episode 10.
Old 2009-10-08, 05:39   Link #1524
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
i wouldn't call it higher quality i would call it FRIGGIN FINISHED. the tv release was just an incomplete joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
How could episode 1,2 were an incomplete joke? Not all episodes were liked episode 10.
I agree partially with both ... despite enjoying 11.5/12 episodes, they were unfinished

So incomplete ... YES!

A joke ... NO!

Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 09:12   Link #1525
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:

Just think... even though they were "unfinished" we still had loads of fun.

That means the plot must have been really good to begin with ... no ?
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 11:03   Link #1526
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Incomplete it may have been, but more satisfying than Bobobobobobobobobo it was, along with a plathora of other series I daresay.

Note: I'm not comparing it to Bobobobobobobo. That's like comparing s**t to Gold.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 11:10   Link #1527
zato_1one

Many series always have some fix or more quality in DVD/BD released. Based on this fact, I can say that those TV series are incomplete too.
Old 2009-10-08, 23:38   Link #1528
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Just think... even though they were "unfinished" we still had loads of fun.

That means the plot must have been really good to begin with ... no ?
thats what pisses me off the most about it. I LIKED THE SHOW! i really did! i found the story different and interesting, the characters likeable, the interesting camera work in the first couple episodes neat.. but it just fell apart in a jumple of half assed incomplete bs, and i couldn't put up with it. Thats why im making a note not to watch anymore junk done by shaft

im not bashing Bakemonogatari, it looked really really cool. Im just personally too discusted with Shafts, and i guess Shinbou's handling of it. I havent finished it yet, it got too crappy to keep watching. I guess i should at least see how it wraps up. I was half expecting ep 11 to just be like the end of Evangelion, those storyboard/stick figure drawings for the whole thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Many series always have some fix or more quality in DVD/BD released. Based on this fact, I can say that those TV series are incomplete too.
not even CLOSE. Cmon, are you serious? How can you compare cleaning up some minor animation errors, or removing 'steam' or censored stuff to the animatino turning into damn near a slideshow and the studio flat out putting blank screens up over and over saying 'we ran out of time, oops our bad'

gimme a break
Old 2009-10-09, 03:06   Link #1529
zato_1one

Then, are you really seriously tell me that TV episode 1 and 2 are incomplete joke? They're also in the same category as you've mentioned. We're only talking about the first DVD/BD volume here that the episodes have higher quality than TV. I'd say that if it liked episode 10 from the start, I would have already dropped it.
Old 2009-10-09, 13:49   Link #1530
Raiga
tl;dr

I honestly thought episodes 1 and 2 were excellently animated, for the TV broadcast, and definitely not unfinished. I mean, so much of the series is talking in the first place, that you can't really expect a huge amount of obvious action. Still, characters moved and changed expressions and the camera moved around a lot, too.

Don't confuse Shaft's wacky, quick-cut style with actually unfinished or BSed work. Episodes 1 and 2 were finished for TV broadcast (judging by when the trailer was released, they were animating episode 1 at least three months before it actually aired), they just touched them up a bit more for the DVD/BD.

If you don't like Shaft's style, that's your own thing, but don't claim they've been cheating the fans for the entire season.
Old 2009-10-10, 00:58   Link #1531
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

no,. Did you even read my post? I said i liked the interesting camera angles and style in the first couple of episodes but then it just fell apart after that. I thought that was pretty clear. Thats still pathetic, 80% of the show is still unfinished bs
Old 2009-10-10, 01:00   Link #1532
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Thats still pathetic, 80% of the show is still unfinished bs
Care to explain which part is that 80%? Are you saying everything after episode 2 are absolute bullshit?
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 01:07   Link #1533
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Would say at least 80% of the anime was at least finished. Would actually be closer to 90%. It was mainly episode 10 that was horrible (mainly 2nd half). There were snippets of "unnumbered" cuts through some episodes, but they were tolerable.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 01:13   Link #1534
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Would say at least 80% of the anime was at least finished. Would actually be closer to 90%. It was mainly episode 10 that was horrible (mainly 2nd half). There were snippets of "unnumbered" cuts through some episodes, but they were tolerable.
Iro-koma exist in all their shows and usually inserted by Shinbo during storyboarding phase. To quote Oishi Tatsuya, it's there for transition and continuation of the scene, not because it's unfinished. Episode 10 clearly maked them as "removed due to circumstances". Different thing, so where is that 80~90% you're saying?

(Oishi Tatsuya, unlike Shinbo, added them in the video editing phase, thus the "unnumbered cuts" label. If I remembered correctly.)

Last edited by sirn; 2009-10-10 at 01:24.
Old 2009-10-10, 09:08   Link #1535
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
no,. Did you even read my post? I said i liked the interesting camera angles and style in the first couple of episodes but then it just fell apart after that. I thought that was pretty clear. Thats still pathetic, 80% of the show is still unfinished bs
Well it's certainly kind of confusing when you're talking about the differences between TV and DVD and seem to be calling the entire TV release an "incomplete joke"... while only episodes 1 and 2 have been released on DVD. 'Cause if you're talking about later episodes, I'm not sure how that relates since we don't know what the DVD versions look like yet...

I really don't see where you're coming from beyond episode 10. None of the other episodes felt unfinished or severely lacking to me, and episodes 11 and 12 were back on track.
Old 2009-10-10, 18:45   Link #1536
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Do you have any link/quote that state the show 80% work is unfinished?

I know that there is some unfinished work in Bakemonogatari (most obviously on eps 10), but 80%, i dont think so...

Please dont mix up between enhancement and unfinished work.

Eps 1 & 2 to me are finished work, and now SHAFT are enhancing the animation on DVD and BD Rip. Just like you're watching a hollywood movie, then you got Director's Cut version on DVD/BD. Are you saying that the movie that being shown in theather is unfinished?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 21:52   Link #1537
achirist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Iro-koma exist in all their shows and usually inserted by Shinbo during storyboarding phase. To quote Oishi Tatsuya, it's there for transition and continuation of the scene, not because it's unfinished. Episode 10 clearly maked them as "removed due to circumstances". Different thing, so where is that 80~90% you're saying?

(Oishi Tatsuya, unlike Shinbo, added them in the video editing phase, thus the "unnumbered cuts" label. If I remembered correctly.)
That is a good point--and yes, other than in episode 10, the series is fine. In fact I'd call it amazing, so I don't see that only 20% of the aired show was complete. I'd imagine the rest of us would know better than to simply adore something that was 'incomplete bs.'
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 09:52   Link #1538
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Bakemonogatari beats K-ON sales .
44000 for Bakemonogatari .
41000 for K-ON .

Shaft was better yeah .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 10:02   Link #1539
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Bakemonogatari beats K-ON sales .
44000 for Bakemonogatari .
41000 for K-ON .

Shaft was better yeah .
71000 for Gundam SEED
80500 for Gundam SEED Destiny

Destiny is better than SEED? I don't think so.
Old 2009-10-12, 10:14   Link #1540
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
71000 for Gundam SEED
80500 for Gundam SEED Destiny

Destiny is better than SEED? I don't think so.
By the grace of sales, yes

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural