AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-09, 02:56   Link #581
Shadow Kira01

New Outfits Confirmed..

Is it just me or does the outfit for the female protagonist look a little odd?

Santa Mitsuru seems nice as that she will not be equipping that drill!!
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 11:41   Link #582
Shirogane
君の瞳に映る私は何色ですか?

It's the hi-grade armor or whatever was its name that was already in FES, just the protagonist's one is silver instead of black =O
Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 12:50   Link #583
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
It seems that I had overlooked something in the trailer..

What is this!?

This looks like the Abyss of Time from Episode Aegis but Minato is clearly leading the team on January the 22nd which means.. I have no clue why it is like that.

Does it mean that Minato no longer needs to perform the Great Seal and instead he gets to fight Erebus alongside Aegis and everyone else?

For that matter, how will Nyx Avatar fit into the storyline as that he/she is no more than a pawn of Erebus as it suggests near the end of Episode Aegis? Or does it mean that Minato will be fighting two final bosses, sort of like the true ending of P4. Then again, why is the event taking place on January 22nd as that the battle against Nyx Avatar takes place on the 31st. I cannot comprehend.
If what I remember is correct. . all the SEES party member should have their memory lost except for Minato and Aegis right ? It just doesn't feels right for them to have another mission after batting Nyx. . except if they're going to erase the 'erase their memory' part and changed the time slot event before Minato 'dies' into some event involving that dungeon. With that, we can still have Minato go dying on us to do the Great Seal and more event in the gap between Nyx battle and the ending.

Though. . if that is true, that would mean that we can use The World Arcana. So I think this speculation is wrong too. . :< oh well D: I'm still speculating that whatever happens, the great seal will take place in this story.

and lol, I never thought that the new characters for the female side would be girls. I wonder if we can choose yuri ending. .

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 16:06   Link #584
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirogane View Post
It's the hi-grade armor or whatever was its name that was already in FES, just the protagonist's one is silver instead of black =O
It's "Hi-Cut Armor", and Yukari's was red while Mitsuuru's was black.

I guess silver/white works for the FemC.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 01:44   Link #585
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

persona question

hey guys. I bought persona 3 a while back but never played it. A friend loaned me persona 4 which i actually kinda wanted to play after seeing some scenes from it (i guess you go in peoples minds? the thing that caught my eye was going int he mind of some gamer where you go into a traditional rpg world, lol looked funny)

anyway i was wondering Should i really play persona 3 before 4? is the story a continuation at all? Even if its not will 3 seem crappy in comparison if i play 4 instead?

I never played a persona game. I remember playing shin megami nocturne. I hated it it was WAY too hard, the spells made no sense and had no explination and you couldnt' control your party at all. Worst of all if your character died it was instant game over. Im hoping the persona games aren't like that?
kenshin-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 02:04   Link #586
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

P3/P4 have a similar setup to Nocturne, but are far, far easier. Don't worry.

...Honestly, as loath as I am to recommend it, if you hate the lack of party control, don't even bother with P3... just go for P4. (Or wait for the P3 PSP release, heh.)

I always say that P3 is the better game plot-and-artistic-design-wise, but you seem like you'd probably prefer P4.
Old 2009-10-12, 19:41   Link #587
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...Honestly, as loath as I am to recommend it, if you hate the lack of party control, don't even bother with P3... just go for P4. (Or wait for the P3 PSP release, heh.)
I don't think that's fair to say. I absolutely hated the idea of lack of party control, but Persona 3's character AI really surprised me. Sure, there were some times when the computer wouldn't perform that one, critical action that would have averted a game over, but they were much more rare than I thought they'd be. The fact that you couldn't control the characters actually helped make them feel more "real" to me (the voice acting, storyline, and overall script also really helped with this).

You do have a small degree of control over the characters, of course - you can set them to be offense or defense (I believe there were two other commands, but I can't remember them).

Point is, try it and give it a chance. You may be very pleasantly surprised.
Old 2009-10-12, 22:57   Link #588
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
The fact that you couldn't control the characters actually helped make them feel more "real" to me (the voice acting, storyline, and overall script also really helped with this).
Oh, I completely agree with you. The removal of that aspect is one of the many reasons I despise P4.

I'm just saying, if he doesn't like the lack of party control, P4 is probably for him.
Old 2009-10-13, 07:49   Link #589
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
WTF
http://www.imagebam.com/image/36b09c52174811
http://www.imagebam.com/image/9372d452174813

young Yukiko? Does that means P3Portable will try to make some connection scenario element for Persona 4? Or it is just for Yukiko?
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 09:31   Link #590
Rias

If choosing the female heroine gets you the Inaba event, I wonder if they are going to change the male hero part of the school trip or just let it stay as is...
Old 2009-10-13, 11:49   Link #591
AnimeFangirl

P3P is increasingly turning into a completely different game.
Old 2009-10-13, 12:49   Link #592
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Haha, that's pretty cool, so they're pulling a cameo school trip like they did with Persona 4. Here's hoping that Yukiko isn't the only one to get a cameo appearance.
Old 2009-10-13, 15:23   Link #593
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
It seems that way..

Usually, the psp port of a PS2 game don't look so good but Atlus somehow makes the psp port better than the original and also the enhanced one. P3P looks a lot better than both P3 and P3 FES.

And about Yukiko making an appearance.. I get the feeling that Atlus is going to link P3 to P4, not that it wasn't already linked prior to this. As of now, only Kashiwagi-sensei and Yukiko will be appearing in P3P. Perhaps, they are going to add Junes too.

"Everyday, young life, Junes.."
Old 2009-10-13, 16:47   Link #594
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
This is a bad thing?

I get the feeling that only the female storyline is going to change, which is great, since it would have been boring playing the same game over again.
Old 2009-10-13, 17:27   Link #595
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
WTF
http://www.imagebam.com/image/36b09c52174811
http://www.imagebam.com/image/9372d452174813

young Yukiko? Does that means P3Portable will try to make some connection scenario element for Persona 4? Or it is just for Yukiko?
The only ones who can appear as well would had been Kanji and Chie as...

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2009-10-14, 02:43   Link #596
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Rise might appear when we fight the Shadow in the..generator room(?) at the bar.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 04:16   Link #597
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This is a bad thing?
Of course not. Now it's actually worth buying.
Old 2009-10-14, 08:21   Link #598
Shadow Kira01

Perhaps, there is going to be a surprising Rise cameo sometimes near the beginning of September in Iwatodai as that she is visiting Club Escapade. For that matter, it'd be nice if she appears in Minato's route. I think this is possible as that there seems to be some modifications to Minato's route as that Minato can only use swords now as opposed to almost every weapon type. In fact, it would be a pity if Rise doesn't appear in P3P.

Speaking of which, the only reason why the new heroine and Rio will be visiting Inaba is probably due to her sports tournament but this would make little sense as that.. Would the event be triggered if you do not start Rio's social link? Perhaps, there is another reason or the trip is part of Rio's social link meaning that you actually don't get to do anything at all. And if you don't get to the high level of Rio's social link, like possibly Lv9 or so.. You will never see the Inaba Trip. I am guessing Lv9 as that the final level shouldn't be a trip of some sort. It could be a lower level too as that it is probably quite difficult to reach a high level for Rio's social link when it starts in mid-April and the Inaba trip occurs on August 1st. Its not like you start the game off with max stats meaning that it might be necessary to raise some stats before triggering Rio's social link or perhaps, it is not required for Rio..

Yosuke appearing in P3P is somewhat of a good idea as a cameo as that he originally lived in the city as opposed to Inaba and but even so, he does appear to be out of place. Maybe, it isn't a good idea. I don't see the chances of any other cameos beside Kashiwagi-sensei (replacing the futanari with her on the trip to Yakushima seems good), Amagi Yukiko (sounds about right too for Rio's social link; after all.. The Amagiya Ryokan is very popular for its hot springs, as well as Yukiko herself), and possibly Kujikawa Rise as that she is visiting Club Escapade on September 5th. Now, I think there might be a P4P...
Old 2009-10-14, 08:43   Link #599
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wait a minute... male MC can only use swords now? Bah! I loved my bow toting MC... >_>

Anyone know then what weapon female MC uses? Is it still swords same as male MC?
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 14:48   Link #600
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Wait a minute... male MC can only use swords now? Bah! I loved my bow toting MC... >_>

Anyone know then what weapon female MC uses? Is it still swords same as male MC?
From the looks of the trailer, she uses spears and lances. And the fact that Minato couldn't purchase any other weapons other than swords in the newest trailer pretty much confirms it.

Personally, I switch between one-handed swords and bows a lot. Bows are very effective against those special shadows that run away quickly as opposed to the sneak attack with the one-handed swords. Considering that the Elizabeth will still have those quests which I assume Theodore will also have it, the difficult must has increased. Not sure if it is possible to get a surprise attack with the spears..

Tags
ps2