Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-25, 00:22   Link #121
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Read Transmetropolitan and tell me that Western sequential art is inferior to manga.
Ok, I went and read the first issue. But no, sorry, I can't see any improvement in terms of story telling/paneling etc..Same old undynamic. This guy however, does make one to actually get into the story, so there are good western comics too.
Old 2009-10-25, 04:12   Link #122
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
You know, it's easier to see the depth of storytelling and quality of artwork if you first pull your head out of your ass and stop slobbing Japan's knob.
Old 2009-10-25, 05:19   Link #123
Irkalla
I asked for this

Sorry hun, but I can see the obvious difference even if I have splooge in my eyes. Let's just agree to disagree on this one.
Old 2009-10-25, 08:44   Link #124
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
You know, it's easier to see the depth of storytelling and quality of artwork if you first pull your head out of your ass and stop slobbing Japan's knob.
Oh you can stop wasting your time now, you are discussing this on an ANIME FORUM where ANIME FANS discuss ANIME AND MANGA.

Skottie Young is easily better then any mangaka that doesn´t draw super duper serious seinen.
Squawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 09:13   Link #125
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Even if this is an anime forum, where people discuss anime and manga, could people please stop with the sweeping statements that do nothing better than convey one's personal opinion concerning a style? I mean, it's not an obvious fact that manga in general is better than comics or band desinée, any way you people might want it to be. It's still an opinion.

Thank you.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 09:56   Link #126
Fishman

watchmen is the best manga
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 10:57   Link #127
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:

Oh If I hadn't know you I would have reported you for flame bait .

Also before you accuse someone of being a Japanophile or worse Weeabo . At least get to know the person then point fingers . Also unlike both of us who are sitting on our PCs and playing Art Nazi . This person knows her stuff which is entirely an different issue . Yeah but that doesn't make her right .... But to me I can relate and understand what she is talking about . But this tone and the language is quite unbecoming of you to get a point across or to have a constructive discussion =/

Quote:
Sweeping statements that do nothing better than convey one's personal opinion concerning a style?
Doesn't that go for you too And no .... Know one ever said Japanese are doing it right . They are making an effort to take Marvel to there audience . Yes there are going to be a few screw ups and cultural changes . But as a fan of Ironman and Wolverine I am happy to see its reaching a bigger audience .

Like it or not everyone has to admit the Japanese spin on things though eccentric has lead to wonderfully refreshing concoctions . Just this notion or idea has got me on the edge of my seat ...

And the deal is not Comics Vs Manga most of the Franchise fans are making it to be . And for a kid who grew up on Eric Stanton Steve Ditko George Pérez Joe Quesada to name a few . Pains me to see this generation of fans inspired solely by the movie franchise or worse cartoon franchise . The deal is with whining . if I don't like I complain once and don't watch . Not watch or worse follow and still complain ...

The best way to watch it as a whole new thing or spin off . That the only way to Enjoy it ... or heck Hate it
Old 2009-10-25, 15:43   Link #128
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Doesn't that go for you too
Hmmm... no? Since I was merely stating the fact that opinions aren't facts, I don't see how that would apply to me.

Also, most arguments of the type "so and so is better than so and so" are, by definition, subjective. Sure, one could argue artistic merit, as a measure of comparison, but even the points one uses to do so may differ from what someone else does (most often, they're bound to).
I, for one, don't really see the point in such exercises.

As for the Iron Man anime, I'm actively anticipating it. Not so much as it happens, the Wolverine one (and that's my favorite character of all time, actually).

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 23:49   Link #129
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
As for the Iron Man anime, I'm actively anticipating it. Not so much as it happens, the Wolverine one (and that's my favorite character of all time, actually).
I too am the bigger fan of Wolverine than I am Iron Man but saying that I like the Iron Man movie better than the Wolverine one, both great just Iron Man I think is awesome.
And going by how the trailers look on the series, it seems I'll be liking the Iron Man series more than the Wolverine one.

Pity it couldn't be more like how it is with Batman and Superman.
Batman>Superman and thankfully its the same with the moives not to say that the Superman movies are bad in anyway
Old 2009-10-26, 02:03   Link #130
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I don't agree about Western sequential art is inferior to manga.
It depends on comics/manga and it's not really an exception in my opinion. I think that the story flow well in Batman Arkham Asylum for example.
Every style have good and bad.

I don't like Wolverine movie, and I'm not a fan of Ironman in general. I would prefer an anime about Batman, but they should respect the serie a bit. Well some episodes of Batman Gotham Knight weren't that bad.
If Madhouse respect the base, I think it can be really good with their quality in animation. A Batman from Madhouse can have audience in Japan but in other countries too.
But I don't really like the chara design in Wolverine.
Old 2009-10-26, 15:27   Link #131
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

As a big fan of Warren Ellis work i am really looking forward this version of Iron Man that i hope will combine the best of two worlds.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 18:29   Link #132
Oppius
Banned

I suspect there are lots of Americans involve in making of this show.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 14:15   Link #133
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Wait Iron Man anime... what? NO! wait, what!?

Absolutely huge Iron Man fan, and gotta say I'm a wee bit skeptical... I'm caught between excitement and terror. On one hand I love Iron Man and want to see another series with him... on the other I really don't want to see Japan butcher my number one comic hero :P

Only series I've seen / read that went American -> Japanese was Witchblade, I had actually found the anime before the American comic (dur backwards). But after reading the comic, my opinion of the anime series kinda took a nose dive.

The Invincible Iron Man comics, in my opinion, are the best by far. But they are a much more "realistic" style. Getting used to the anime version of the characters might be a leap. That better not be Pepper Potts with green hair though, because that's just a crime against humanity if it is!
AKnightWhoSaysNi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 05:21   Link #134
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

The scenario it's written by a comic writter that have worked on Iron Man before, now you will have to wait for the visual.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 05:19   Link #135
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Snip: Hordes of people trolling about manga and US comics
- Well, some people prefer Steak, other people prefer Sushi. The difference is CULTURAL.

Get over it and stop dissing each other for having different tastes. It ain't freedom of speech when you tell everyone else they're wrong.

On-Topic: I don't look forward to Wolverine, but I'll give Iron Man a chance. Not only because I'm an Iron Man fanboy, but of all the US superheroes, Iron Man probably has the right thematic flow to be shown as an anime--High Tech Mecha, and possibly lots of Sci-fi references and techno-gobbledygook.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 11:08   Link #136
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Sorry if someone mentioned this but I didn't see a mention of this in any of the 7 pages:

To those wondering who the green heared girl and the bad guy are here's what Warren Ellis said about the trailer:

Quote:
it’s intended to show off the style of the piece only. Nothing in here reflects the actual content, just the design and the aesthetic and the animation. The only character in this piece that is in the actual series is Iron Man himself, okay?
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 12:24   Link #137
OkamiNoKaze

Cool, Iron man has always been one of my favorite Marvel Characters, and the trailer makes it look quite promising. At least they didn't look like Stark is wearing a gundam, although that might look kinda cool too.
Old 2010-02-23, 21:09   Link #138
pulpwin
マギ

Starting to wonder if this will actually even come out in April. We haven't heard a peep since Comicon last year and even the trailer that's been revealed represents only how well the show will be animated.
pulpwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 21:25   Link #139
Mayhem The Great
The Glob of Destruction

I saw the trailer for the Ironman anime and it looks pretty cool.

I saw the wolverine movie and thought it was... very different.

I can't help but wonder though... What'll happen to all the fans if Tony stark's actual face is as bishonen as Wolverine?! D:

I'm kidding, If that turns out to be true, I wouldn't know if I would either laugh or cry.
Mayhem The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 21:38   Link #140
GDB

Tony Stark's supposed to be a playboy though, so it wouldn't be that bad.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote