AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-12-03, 12:22   Link #621
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

I enjoy the taste of meat, and I generally have at two meals a day that involve meat in some way. I used to eat so much meat compared to so little of anything else that my friends used to joke that I was an obligate carnivore. However, these days I have a harder time enjoying meat unless it's paired with other flavors and textures. Vegetables cooked such that they retain their crunchiness have lately become my favorite way to round off a dish.

I have to confess that I don't like many fruits. I dislike sweet things, so the few fruits I do like are either starchy--bananas and apples--or rather sour--like pomegranate.
Old 2009-12-03, 12:30   Link #622
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

My tastebuds usually don't have a problem with meat (just ham for some reason). I tend to eat meat with at least every meal(breakfest, lunch, dinner). However I do need variety in my meals, because if I eat nothing but meat I tend to lose the flavor. Thus I always try to have a vegetable or fruit to go along with my meals.

I always have a fruit for breakfest (usually grapefruit) and lunch and I always have a vegetable and a side of pasta with my dinner. However I find that I can't stand eating vegetable raw aside from carrots. The texture just irritates me for some reason and at times if I eat something like lettuce without dressing or bananas I can get an itching sensation on my back. Never could figure out why I have this problem and it personally sucks since I love bananas.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 12:59   Link #623
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Should try wild boar , they said that it's more delicious than pig .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 13:40   Link #624
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
sounds like you're tastebuds are mentaly retarded cuz my Tastebuds Love the taste of a nice juicy chicken :P and doesn't taste like Tofu (never had it actually XD the fact that its fake keeps me away from it)

I have V8 Every day, prob the only thing keeping me from having a heart attack from all the meat i eat (that and Sun Chips help)
I believe the adjective you're looking for is advanced :P
Used to varying extreme degrees of flavor mainly spice
Old 2009-12-03, 13:50   Link #625
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Or are we talking about health only? Because then I think it's even more obvious.
Why? There is an astounding level of ignorance surrounding the healthiness of meat. (I'm not saying you're one of the people since I don't fully understand what you mean in your post.)

We agree it is human nature to be omnivorous, and from there it is an easy conclusion to make that an omnivorous diet is healthiest. Animals evolve to eat certain types of foods. These natural preferences exist because they satisfy our/the animal in question's nutritional needs. With this in mind, our ancestral diet is preferential to any alternative.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 13:57   Link #626
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

I eat quite a bit of meat. I'm very, very picky, so anything I can eat I have to go for.

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 15:42   Link #627
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Why? There is an astounding level of ignorance surrounding the healthiness of meat. (I'm not saying you're one of the people since I don't fully understand what you mean in your post.)

We agree it is human nature to be omnivorous, and from there it is an easy conclusion to make that an omnivorous diet is healthiest. Animals evolve to eat certain types of foods. These natural preferences exist because they satisfy our/the animal in question's nutritional needs. With this in mind, our ancestral diet is preferential to any alternative.
Never said meat was unhealthy (even though it is debatable if it's more healthy than a vegetarian diet). But as I understood it, the person in question really eats a lot of meat, and that can cause some issues. But apparently, that wasn't really the problem, so it actually doesn't matter.
Then again, if you meet certain fictional characters, being a vegetarian might actually be pretty healthy... and I really should kill this God Child mood of mine. Damn it. xD
Old 2009-12-03, 15:46   Link #628
akani

I don't eat every sort of it.
I eat things like chicken, but I don't eat pig, beef, sheep and so on.
Just the animals that have wings.

Most of the animals are slaughtered so brutally here in Germany, you nearly have to puke when you hear them screaming or see HOW they are slaughtered.
akani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 19:34   Link #629
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i just got a quick bite at Mc Donalds, and my Double cheese burger had little garlic bits all over it, so i took it back and told them "How do you get Garlic from "DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER PLAIN"

I even said "Cheese only".. seriously thank god all the low IQ morons work at Mc Donalds, I'd be afraid if they worked at anything better.
Old 2009-12-03, 20:11   Link #630
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
i just got a quick bite at Mc Donalds, and my Double cheese burger had little garlic bits all over it, so i took it back and told them "How do you get Garlic from "DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER PLAIN"

I even said "Cheese only".. seriously thank god all the low IQ morons work at Mc Donalds, I'd be afraid if they worked at anything better.
Well, I'm not exactly sure how you got garlic on a McDonald's burger, since I can't really think of a single menu item that uses garlic. So I'd be more concerned over what could have been on your burger that tastes like garlic.

Also, I can't personally vouch for the workers at your McDonald's, but getting your order wrong doesn't mean they are necessarily stupid. Most food industry places work at a very fast pace, so order mix-ups are to be expected, and maybe it wouldn't hurt to be a little less scathing in your reproach of others, whether they work at a fast food joint or not.
Old 2009-12-03, 21:11   Link #631
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It was probably actually very finely chopped onion, since cheeseburgers there typically come with onion and pickle.

I'm pretty sure there's no minced garlic anywhere in McDonald's.
Old 2009-12-03, 21:42   Link #632
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

it literaly tasted like Garlic...

and they give orders wrong most of the time. its not that their going to fast, its that they hire people who clearly can't listen worth a damn.

I'm just talkin to the Mc Donalds near me.
Old 2009-12-03, 21:56   Link #633
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post

I think Nogitsune might have been referring more to excessive meat eaters (correct me if I'm wrong?). There's no question that meat can be healthy -- in moderation. Everyone knows a Big Mac or one of those nasty Chick-fil-A sandwiches are not kind to the arteries, but a serving size of grilled chicken or baked fish are perfectly healthy. The thing is, many of us don't follow the food pyramid's suggestion of healthy lean meats. Too much meat or too much fatty meat is definitely not healthy, and lot of people get more than they need. A steak or a cheeseburger may contain a lot of protein, but so does some grilled tuna -- and with a fraction of the fat. The average American diet actually gets one to two times the recommended daily allowance for protein. There are plenty of great alternatives to meat that provide protein: legumes, grains, nuts, seeds and some vegetables all provide adequate protein -- and with less fat, too.

But I am in agreement with ChainLegacy. An omnivorous diet, when done right, is definitely healthy.

To answer this thread's topic, I eat some meat now after being a vegetarian for about six years. I stopped eating it for a handful of reasons, but the biggest one was because, yes, I do feel sorry for the cows that get beaten up on the way to the slaughterhouse. I've also just never had much of a taste for meat; I only eat it about 1-2 times per week, and I very rarely eat pork or beef. I still think the meat industry has a lot of issues and factory farms are nothing short of repulsive, and I still feel sorry for the pigs and birds and cows, but it doesn't stop me from eating them on occasion. I might do it again someday, though. It's a healthy diet (again, when done right -- being a vegetarian means more than scraping the meat off your plate) and it also means I don't have to mess with cooking it.

I went vegan with a friend a few years ago just to see how long we could last, and I don't think I could live for longer than a few months on that diet. It was painful, and anyone who says they like soy cheese is lying. Maybe I just don't have the dedication.

Last edited by blue skies; 2009-12-03 at 22:09. Reason: i can't spell
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 22:12   Link #634
ChainLegacy
廉頗

The food pyramid, despite seeming official, is pretty inaccurate from a biological viewpoint. For instance it includes dairy as a 'requirement' which is obviously untrue for human beings. Grains are tolerated differently by different individuals, but the food pyramid has us believing we all need a grain-centric diet. Personally, I can't tolerate any grains without putting on weight. I could go on but my friend and longtime fitness trainer has written an excellent article on his website about it. If anyone is skeptical, check it out, he cites dozens and dozens of experts and well-researched, informative reading materials.

Click here to read more.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 22:16   Link #635
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Not to mention some people who have celiac can't even eat anything containing gluten without getting very sick.

Also soy cheese is horribly disgusting and should be banned by the government as a crime against humanity.
Old 2009-12-03, 23:18   Link #636
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Gluten Free food is very horrible! At my job, we have to taste these foods before we consider adding them as option's for the patient's diet, and that stuff tasted like organic cardboard. I have never seen food that looked so good to the eye's, but taste so bad.

On another note, Soy milk... I just had that today, and it taste's very good. I had no idea i was missing something so good.
Old 2009-12-03, 23:45   Link #637
Alchemist007
*Author

Some reason I kinda liked it the first time I had it but when I tried the same brand again later it was truly awful.
Old 2009-12-05, 09:49   Link #638
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
This:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3372
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 16:49   Link #639
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Some reason I kinda liked it the first time I had it but when I tried the same brand again later it was truly awful.
thats YOUR Tastebuds for ya always screwin with your mind.
Old 2009-12-05, 18:49   Link #640
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I can't stand to drink soy milk straight, but I like it in coffee, especially the vanilla soy milk. The nutty flavor of soy milk goes well with a good strong coffee.