AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-28, 11:01   Link #101
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I hope that RYTHEM will originally perform the OP theme but since that the group will be separated in 2011, Yukari Kato, one of RYTHEM members, release her first solo single for this anime.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 13:22   Link #102
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I remember watching the english dub of Fruits Basket(my username for those who don't know =03) and they did this with Hiro and Kisa(the children Sohmas). I thought that it was the most brilliant thing Funi ever came up with[for voicing chars]; using children to voice children. Although I doubt I'd be able to tell the difference in japanese, I still think its a wonderful idea to do this. There's just something more genuine about it, even if the voice isn't as "professional".
I mentioned this earlier - it's the first time I remember it happening on a TV since Naoto Adachi voiced Chagum on Seirei no Moribito. It's much more common in movies.

It's actually more common for dubs to use kids to play kids than it is for the original Japanese productions. Aaron Dismuke, the kid who played Hiro on FB, also did the voice of Alphonse on the FMA dub.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 18:59   Link #103
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Has someone already posted a link to the wallpapers available on this page?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 21:20   Link #104
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Has someone already posted a link to the wallpapers available on this page?
Yes, but the fan art competition is new so thanks for reposting it. I can't see anything that says the competition is for Japanese fans only, so come on guys and gals, here's your chance for glory!
Old 2010-12-08, 17:24   Link #105
Simon
気持ち悪い

Bad news from ANN:

Haruhi Composer Satoru Kousaki on Hiatus Due to Health

I wonder how much of an impact this will have on Hourou Musuko? Kousaki is listed as co-composer along with Okabe Keiichi, but of course that doesn't tell us much. All I know is that after watching the PV way too many times I was really looking forward to hearing more of this show's soundtrack.

Self-interest aside, here's wishing the guy a full and speedy recovery.

Also, if Twitter is to be believed there'll be more characters up on the official site tomorrow (the 10th).
Old 2010-12-08, 17:53   Link #106
FireChick

Aww. I liked his work on the Munto TV anime and am looking forward to this anime. I hope he feels better soon!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 17:58   Link #107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
but of course that doesn't tell us much.
It tells us that both Keiichi Okabe and Satoru Kousaki will be working on the score for the adaptation. It's not the first time a show has had two composers.

Satoru Kousaki has wrote some very impressive piano pieces over the past few years, though everything else from him has been pretty meh for me, so as long as he sticks to that and doesn't go overboard then we'll be looking at a very fitting score. Never heard of Keiichi Okabe plus he looks rather new going by ANN, though it's impossible to say anything. Unless the piece from the PV is his work. :3

Wishing Satoru Kousaki all the best with his recovery.
Old 2010-12-08, 18:51   Link #108
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Never heard of Keiichi Okabe plus he looks rather new going by ANN, though it's impossible to say anything. Unless the piece from the PV is his work. :3
I'm not 100% sure he is the very same Keiichi Okabe, but I think chances are extremely high he is. If so, this Keiichi Okabe is responsible for what is, in my opinion, the best videogame soundtrack of 2010, NieR's.

Three small examples:

Spoiler:

Okabe did a terrific job on this and I'm eagerly awaiting his next work. Judging from the great piano track on the PV, I'd say chances are pretty high we're talking about the same guy here.

Which takes me to my next question. I'd never heard of this before, but the fact that BOTH Okabe and Kousaki will be scoring it got me automatically interested. The PV looks really good, too, so I'm wondering -- How do they play out the whole transgender thing? I'm a bit worried that it'll try to cram in some (forced) drama regarding it, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to enjoy this kind of story revolving around homosexuality. Because other than that, really, it's just looking way too good and it'll probably sound just as great, too. So I really want to be able to like it, haha.
Old 2010-12-08, 20:56   Link #109
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
I'm not 100% sure he is the very same Keiichi Okabe, but I think chances are extremely high he is. If so, this Keiichi Okabe is responsible for what is, in my opinion, the best videogame soundtrack of 2010, NieR's.
Good find! According to the official staff list this is him, and MoNACA do list NieR as one of their works.

Quote:
How do they play out the whole transgender thing? I'm a bit worried that it'll try to cram in some (forced) drama regarding it, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to enjoy this kind of story revolving around homosexuality.
I've only read bits of the manga, but I don't think "forced drama" is something you need worry about. IMO Shimura's writing has a refreshingly down-to-earth quality, just like we saw in Aoi Hana - she doesn't shy away from difficult issues but she doesn't spend page after page angsting over them either. Also,
Spoiler for general themes in the manga, no specifics:

It's true we have no idea how they'll adapt the story, but I haven't seen anything to suggest we're in for a transgendered Strawberry Panic. I'd say approach the show with an open mind and it (hopefully) won't disappoint you
Old 2010-12-09, 06:56   Link #110
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
How do they play out the whole transgender thing? I'm a bit worried that it'll try to cram in some (forced) drama regarding it, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to enjoy this kind of story revolving around homosexuality
Despite being included in the acronym 'LGBT,' transgenderism can be a completely separate issue from sexual orientation. The two main characters seem to have gender dysphoria, which primarily affects a person's perception of self and identity but can influence their orientation.
There's no shortage of angst, but gender dysphoria tends to be a very stressful thing to deal with. It impacts a person in virtually every aspect of their daily life, which is a point the manga gets across pretty well. It never felt forced to me, but your mileage may vary.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 14:12   Link #111
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks for the pieces blue-kun. Liking Keiichi Okabe's style, plus he fits this series much more then Kousaki.
Old 2010-12-10, 09:45   Link #112
Woland
Latin Rascal

Characters page updated

http://www.houroumusuko.jp/chara/index.html
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 16:00   Link #113
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Characters page updated
So this is one of those Maho shoujo anime I keep hearing about, right?

Seriously though, I like some of the character tag-lines:

Spoiler for character descriptions:
They've also announced the OP/ED themes: OP is 「いつだって」 Itsudatte ("Always") by Daisuke, ED is "For You" by Rie fu.

And finally, random Saorin fan-art from the Twitter contest.

Last edited by Simon; 2010-12-10 at 23:02.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 19:42   Link #114
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Probably looking forward to this most though there seem to be a handful of interesting ones.
Old 2010-12-11, 13:08   Link #115
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Anna and Yuki are as beauty as ever. <3

& yeah, those character descriptions are very nice.
Old 2010-12-11, 18:30   Link #116
John Smith

Spoiler for Adaptation Material:
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 14:14   Link #117
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
I'm really looking forward to this anime now. Finished catching up with the manga yesterday and I fell in love with this series.

First time I've ACTUALLY been excited for an anime to start in awhile... feels good.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 12:42   Link #118
Woland
Latin Rascal

3rd PV

http://www.houroumusuko.jp/special/movie03.html
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 13:25   Link #119
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Beautiful. Truly beautiful. Just going by that trailer, it looks like the drama will be adapted rather well. Plus Yuki voiced is so <33333. Do we know who's voicing her?
Old 2010-12-16, 16:09   Link #120
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Beautiful. Truly beautiful.
Yeah, the budget hasn't run out quite yet This would be worth recommending just as eye candy, even without the signs of a great story that we're seeing.

(But man I detest streaming video that doesn't cache - let's all go back to the 90s "multimedia" experience of stuff pausing to buffer in the middle of a good part...)

Quote:
Plus Yuki voiced is so <33333. Do we know who's voicing her?
Honda Takako

Tags
coming of age, drama, genderbender, noitamina, school life, seinen