AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-08-29, 16:23   Link #461
Black-Cat-Sama

Seriously, is all the hate just over the fact that it was KENPACHI that lost so quickly? The guy is cool and all but he's really just a one trick pony. I'm mad that Byakuya got a fight while he didn't (on screen), but as of this point, Kenpachi has to be the most overused captain next to Byakuya, and he has NOTHING new in his arsenal.

Seeing him hacking and slashing and getting a hard-on at Bach's power--that doesn't sound anymore entertaining than what happened this chapter. We already know Kenpachi is 'strong' and defeating him off screen by the main villian's hand solifies the enemy as a threat. What happened to all the complaints about background characters getting screen-time? THe less time we spend on overused characters, more chance we get to see them in the future.

With that out of the way, the chapter was a bit lacking, because it's basically Yamamoto inspiring his troops, who weren't really losing that hard to begin with. All the captains (save for Byakuya and Kenny now) are still standing, so it's not like they needed the morale boost from Yamamoto's rage.

Anyways, the chapter did something good by skipping a fight that would be bland anyways, but it took that time to fast forward and held it back by making not much happen. Shinji hasn't even reached a fight yet?!
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 16:51   Link #462
Calca
Expressionless

Dammit! Yama-ji can't fight the boss yet! This sets up Kubo to kill him off without ever revealing his bankai. Unless they jump back 1000 years and he uses it then or his bankai is too strong for the badge to contain.

Good to see Momo recovered from being mutilated in the last arc.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:11   Link #463
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Kenpatchi's fight even if it was one messily swing should have been shown.
Then you shouldn't have anything to feel bad about. Afterall, we did see at least that much. lol

Perhaps it'd be easier to digest if you were to simply assume Kenpachi was defeated the moment his one swing from his sword clashed against buckbeards arm. I mean, I suppose its possible that there really wasn't much of a battle to be skipped in the first place if he's that strong.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:18   Link #464
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
Seriously, is all the hate just over the fact that it was KENPACHI that lost so quickly? The guy is cool and all but he's really just a one trick pony. I'm mad that Byakuya got a fight while he didn't (on screen), but as of this point, Kenpachi has to be the most overused captain next to Byakuya, and he has NOTHING new in his arsenal.

Seeing him hacking and slashing and getting a hard-on at Bach's power--that doesn't sound anymore entertaining than what happened this chapter. We already know Kenpachi is 'strong' and defeating him off screen by the main villian's hand solifies the enemy as a threat. What happened to all the complaints about background characters getting screen-time? THe less time we spend on overused characters, more chance we get to see them in the future.

With that out of the way, the chapter was a bit lacking, because it's basically Yamamoto inspiring his troops, who weren't really losing that hard to begin with. All the captains (save for Byakuya and Kenny now) are still standing, so it's not like they needed the morale boost from Yamamoto's rage.

Anyways, the chapter did something good by skipping a fight that would be bland anyways, but it took that time to fast forward and held it back by making not much happen. Shinji hasn't even reached a fight yet?!
Actually I"m MORE pissed off that we haven't seen whether or not Urahara survived that sword yet.

Otherwise, we all know the shinigami will probaly lose this round...actually, as far as I'm concerned, they have.

I guess Kubo's just trying to avoid the same criticism he got for the constant fighting in the FKT arc, but really....some development would be nice and not for a character like Chojiro who was in Bleach altogether for about four panels.

I won't read this for real until either the RG show up or the Swordsman's revealed(I think it might be Grimmjow.)

I thought for sure the reason why the Fuhrer's name was kept secret was because he might wind up an Ishida...but I guess I was wrong...

and I will laugh my arse off if Momo goes down again....
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:20   Link #465
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Actually I"m MORE pissed off that we haven't seen whether or not Urahara survived that sword yet.
I'm pretty sure that guy's just fine.
Old 2012-08-29, 17:21   Link #466
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'm pretty sure that guy's just fine.
Him and Ishida are my favorite characters (so is Yoruichi and Yachiru...but WHO) so if they die off, I'd be out
Old 2012-08-29, 17:22   Link #467
sayde

Quote:
Him and Ishida are my favorite characters (so is Yoruichi and Yachiru...but WHO) so if they die off, I'd be out
I won't guarantee anything, but it's doubtful those two will be killed off anytime soon (if ever).
Old 2012-08-29, 17:34   Link #468
Alchemist007
*Author

Kenpachi...that just isn't right.
Old 2012-08-29, 18:01   Link #469
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:

Otherwise, we all know the shinigami will probaly lose this round...actually, as far as I'm concerned, they have.

I guess Kubo's just trying to avoid the same criticism he got for the constant fighting in the FKT arc, but really....some development would be nice and not for a character like Chojiro who was in Bleach altogether for about four panels.

I won't read this for real until either the RG show up or the Swordsman's revealed(I think it might be Grimmjow.)

I thought for sure the reason why the Fuhrer's name was kept secret was because he might wind up an Ishida...but I guess I was wrong...

and I will laugh my arse off if Momo goes down again....

Forgot about the mysterious HM swordsman/woman 'attacking' urahara, damn, where is my mind right now. Well, one thing's for sure, once things in SS are REALLY interesting, he'll cut back to HM lol. Unless the mysterious person ends up helping Ichigo break out by going through the opening with him or something.

Same with the leader's name though. When Yamamoto was revealing his name, I thought that would be the cliffhanger and we wouldn't hear his name until next time, but it's not even 'Ishida' which is sad =[. Was hoping he'd have some connections but seems he's completely new with flashbacks having to explain his roles.
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 19:06   Link #470
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
Forgot about the mysterious HM swordsman/woman 'attacking' urahara, damn, where is my mind right now. Well, one thing's for sure, once things in SS are REALLY interesting, he'll cut back to HM lol. Unless the mysterious person ends up helping Ichigo break out by going through the opening with him or something.

Same with the leader's name though. When Yamamoto was revealing his name, I thought that would be the cliffhanger and we wouldn't hear his name until next time, but it's not even 'Ishida' which is sad =[. Was hoping he'd have some connections but seems he's completely new with flashbacks having to explain his roles.
Whatever. I just hate this series anymore which sucks, because I was a huge fan for YEARS...but damn I hate the fact that Kubo only gives a shit about certain characters anymore and obviously could care less about others.

It would've been cooler if the Leader's name was 'Ishida'. At least it would give a connection to what Himmler in HM was saying about Souken and Uryu.

Ichigo will come into play whenever everyone, including the RG, are cut down by Bach..because that's how Kubo rolls...
Old 2012-08-29, 19:10   Link #471
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Geezers fight coming up
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 21:47   Link #472
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
my 2 bucks saying yamaji will get killed or at least lose badly....or the fight will be interuptted

if yamaji wins this arc is over
juha cannot get killed cause its ichigo's job in the end
Basically, this. Either he's planning to end Bleach really soon, or Yama-ji is gonna be in a big trouble.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 02:42   Link #473
Mateus

I'm curious to see who this "Buzzbee" is, (Glasses guy, Mohawk, Hooded/scarfaced guy).
Old 2012-08-30, 03:09   Link #474
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Ugh. I'm sick of Ichigo.

This arc should be about the old man. In the end, whether he lives or dies - the enemy should be finished off by his hands.

Ichigo hogged all the attention in the whole Aizen storyline, and then finally beating him at the end. Let others be the hero for once. Let Old Yammamoto kick serious ass for once, let him go all out against another powerful foe - so we can FINALLY see how epically awesome he is. I think we deserve that much.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 05:04   Link #475
ronin myael
lost ronin

i'm a bit disappointed the zaraki fight happened off panel but i'm not surprised he was defeated easily. he went and challenged the big boss for crying out loud! my complaint is really about how short this chapter is, again! why can't kubo give us longer chapters? and why am i not used to this by now?
Old 2012-08-30, 05:41   Link #476
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Juha will win because last time the geezer had two arms, now he has one....
The thing that still irks me is where did these powerful warriors come from and why has it taken them this long to launch an attack on SS. And why has nobody ever made contact with any of these shitritters? This whole arc is pulled outta Kubo's ass, which is fitting as that probably sums up this series
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 06:12   Link #477
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
The thing that still irks me is where did these powerful warriors come from and why has it taken them this long to launch an attack on SS. And why has nobody ever made contact with any of these shitritters? This whole arc is pulled outta Kubo's ass, which is fitting as that probably sums up this series
Im sure they biding their time, analyzing things finding out who is who and what is what.

they know itchigo is a problem so once he was out of the picture they attacked. they know ken is the strongest of the captains. sure they are random and super powerful but thats the point of these characters, they are calculating and attacking when they feel they can attack. No doubt they know all about azien and found his power to be deadly to them as his simple release is mind control/reality bending. He could make 1 of them or all of them fight eachother thinking they are destroying all of SS. So now that hes captured and binded, they attacked.
Old 2012-08-30, 08:02   Link #478
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
true, but this chapter was awful. kenpachi deserved a fight like byakuya got, albeit short. this was just dumb and not entertaining. if kubo wanted to flashforward he should have just skipped to the part when kenpachi took his patch off, not the end of the fight... i guess he didnt want to reveal fuckbeard's powers yet until yama-jii fights him... so he should have had kenpachi fight a long battle with another stronger subordinate and lose
Kenpachi is still alive, nothing stops him from waking up and laughing maniacally "Finally someone strong!" and then go on a real berserk.
Old 2012-08-30, 14:06   Link #479
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Its all about timing obviously, like it is the case for any story and villian.
Old 2012-08-30, 14:07   Link #480
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Kenpachi is still alive, nothing stops him from waking up and laughing maniacally "Finally someone strong!" and then go on a real berserk.
I can see something along those lines happenning. He got his ass kicked, something that nevre happenned before, and until now he's not had anyone really challenge him seriously except Ichigo & then Nnoitra...
This gives him more of a reason to get even stronger...and maybe finally learn the name of his sword..

Tags
bleach, chapter