AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-28, 00:33   Link #401
Diedrupo

You know, the more I reread chapter 48, the more I realize that there's that dreaded possibility that a lot of ideas presented in the anime in fact originated from Kitoh, and that he may have simply given these ideas to the anime director so he had an idea of what to deal with for the 2nd half of the story.

I'm starting to think that
Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-28, 00:54   Link #402
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Spoiler:
Hmm? But on this page:

Quote:
Spoiler:
It says:

Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-28, 01:36   Link #403
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hmm? But on this page:

It says:

Spoiler:
Ugh, well that's retarded . I guess this does mean that Kitoh had given these ideas to Morita for the anime. Or at least I hope so. Either that or he's writing the story to adapt to what happened in the anime, which would make me lose massive respect for him (so I hope that's not the case).

I should note that there's a later page in this chapter where one of Sasami's staffmembers tells him that they have people watching the family of the remaining pilots, and there is mention of people at Machi's house, so Machi obviously has some kind of family here. I want to know how Kitoh's going to explain this ridiculous revelation. It was stupid in the anime and unless Kitoh does something incredible, it's going to be stupid in the manga.

And now i'm oddly disappointed with Bokurano now because the parallel with the crappy anime ending makes it easy to predict what will happen. Ushiro will somehow find a way to bail Kana out of the contract and end up a pilot himself and Machi will probably betray Dungbeetle and bail out Tanaka/save the earth from future Zearth battles or something. Ugh.

Last edited by Diedrupo; 2007-11-28 at 03:15.
Old 2007-11-28, 16:33   Link #404
Bijoux
Alien Symbiote: Borg

Quote:
Ugh, well that's retarded . I guess this does mean that Kitoh had given these ideas to Morita for the anime. Or at least I hope so. Either that or he's writing the story to adapt to what happened in the anime, which would make me lose massive respect for him (so I hope that's not the case).

I should note that there's a later page in this chapter where one of Sasami's staffmembers tells him that they have people watching the family of the remaining pilots, and there is mention of people at Machi's house, so Machi obviously has some kind of family here. I want to know how Kitoh's going to explain this ridiculous revelation. It was stupid in the anime and unless Kitoh does something incredible, it's going to be stupid in the manga.

And now i'm oddly disappointed with Bokurano now because the parallel with the crappy anime ending makes it easy to predict what will happen. Ushiro will somehow find a way to bail Kana out of the contract and end up a pilot himself and Machi will probably betray Dungbeetle and bail out Tanaka/save the earth from future Zearth battles or something. Ugh.
I feel as if the world is falling appart around my ears.... I really hope this dosen't end the way the anime does. I agree, that would make me loose reaspect for Kitoh. Which I would really hate to give up.

Edit: Wait a sec, didn't Morita say that the anime would have an ending sepperat from the manga. I know that Morita hated the origional, and asked Kitoh if he could change it, who said he could. This makes me think that Kitoh will give us one or two final plot twists before the final end. Mabey Morita just borrowed some elements from the end of the manga for the anime.

Last edited by Bijoux; 2007-11-28 at 16:41. Reason: Hope???
Old 2007-11-28, 18:05   Link #405
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
I feel as if the world is falling appart around my ears.... I really hope this dosen't end the way the anime does. I agree, that would make me loose reaspect for Kitoh. Which I would really hate to give up.

Edit: Wait a sec, didn't Morita say that the anime would have an ending sepperat from the manga. I know that Morita hated the origional, and asked Kitoh if he could change it, who said he could. This makes me think that Kitoh will give us one or two final plot twists before the final end. Mabey Morita just borrowed some elements from the end of the manga for the anime.
Well Kitoh isn't exactly known for great endings either (see Narutaru) but I had high hopes he wouldn't have gone the silly route of the anime. At least the whole masterminds/big corporation bullshit isn't in the manga...
Old 2007-12-06, 08:04   Link #406
Iriliane

Cover for volume 4 of alternative is out. From the cover, it looks like the pilots this time will be Kana, Maria and Komo leaving only Jun, Kanji and Maya for the fifth and presumably final volume.

Going by the summary on the Gagaga Bunko website it seems this volume centers around the American government threatening to indiscriminantly nuke Tokyo should things with Zearth (Yes, it was finally named by Anko at the end of Volume 3) not wrap up soon.

Last edited by Iriliane; 2007-12-06 at 08:37.
Old 2007-12-06, 10:10   Link #407
Iriliane

Volume 3 Scans

Character Portraits (In pilot suits this time) :
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55...rnative3-1.png(Komo, Tsubasa, Chizu, Anko, Mako, Kana, Kozue and Maria)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55...rnative3-2.png(Kanji, Jun, Kako, Waku, Kodama and Kirie)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55...rnative3-3.png(Maya and Koemushi)

Illustrations:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55...rnative3-4.png(Kodama)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55...rnative3-5.png(Daichi Cameo)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55...rnative3-6.png(Mako dressed up)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55...rnative3-7.png(Graveyard)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55...rnative3-8.png(Zearth VS Zearth)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55...rnative3-9.png
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55...native3-10.png(Anko and an Enemy Robot)
Old 2007-12-14, 16:39   Link #408
Memory

Hi i'm new ^_^
Sorry for my english but i don't speak much (i'm italian). I have a question. Where can i find bokurano ch 46, 47, 47-2?
I haven't winny.
Thank you very much ^_^
Old 2007-12-26, 04:42   Link #409
Diedrupo

chapter 49 is out... i'll have impressions as soon as it's DLed.

Impressions:
Spoiler:

Reading this chapter made me realize how stupid the anime was: namely why didn't Kokopelli say anything about Machi? He should have remembered her from their previous encounter. I'd also like to see how that is explained in the manga at some point. Machi is not in this chapter at all, though I am wondering why Sasami hasn't questioned Dungbeetle on her exclusion yet.

Last edited by Diedrupo; 2007-12-26 at 05:41.
Old 2007-12-26, 08:55   Link #410
Chao Otaku

Ehh... Can't really say I didn't see this coming.

Though, I'm going to wait before I decide whether I like it or not. Kitoh's a much better writer than the guys they had doing the anime and I could see him pulling this off a lot better than they did.
Old 2007-12-26, 14:48   Link #411
Bijoux
Alien Symbiote: Borg

Quote:
Impressions:
Spoiler:

Reading this chapter made me realize how stupid the anime was: namely why didn't Kokopelli say anything about Machi? He should have remembered her from their previous encounter. I'd also like to see how that is explained in the manga at some point. Machi is not in this chapter at all, though I am wondering why Sasami hasn't questioned Dungbeetle on her exclusion yet.
I really hate to say this....Sounds like a pretty sucky chapter to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao Otaku View Post
Ehh... Can't really say I didn't see this coming.

Though, I'm going to wait before I decide whether I like it or not. Kitoh's a much better writer than the guys they had doing the anime and I could see him pulling this off a lot better than they did.
I totally agree. He could pull of a lot better. Much better.
Old 2008-01-09, 19:55   Link #412
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

...soooooo... any new anything, discussions, comments, concerns?

Any news on the differences of alternative? My curiousness is quite piqued, so I may just have to run and get it myself.

Oh, darn.

Still hoping for the manga to get back in the swing of things; if it ends like the anime I may just have to beat someone...

or not. :/ But I'll be a bit irked by it.
Old 2008-01-16, 22:39   Link #413
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

ARGH new post.

Reading what I could of moonspeak, in 48 Tanaka meets Ushiro's pappy. SO:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-16, 23:20   Link #414
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruzen View Post
ARGH new post.

Reading what I could of moonspeak, in 48 Tanaka meets Ushiro's pappy. SO:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-01-17, 20:53   Link #415
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Oh, noes. I'd been hoping for something else. LIEK

Spoiler:

Nertz.
Old 2008-01-19, 21:29   Link #416
stpehen
kisses for all

MS has finally managed to deliver Rosemary's baby in the form of chapters 44, 45, 46, 47 and 47-2.

http://www.mangascreener.com
Old 2008-01-21, 22:14   Link #417
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Oh, hurray.

...and it's only a matter of days until the next potentially awesome/failing chapter! Brace for impact, everyone!
Old 2008-01-22, 02:09   Link #418
Diedrupo

Personally, I think Kitoh decided to use the ideas that Morita came up with for the 2nd half of the anime. A lot of this makes no sense at all, such as:

Spoiler:

I am happy for the two divergences from the anime though:
Spoiler:

It will mean the manga will stil have a different outcome, though I think some of it has become predictable.

On a sidenote, it also makes Maya's role in Bokurano Alternative pretty darn obvious as well.
Old 2008-01-22, 20:02   Link #419
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Oh, durnit. That's sort of what I had been thinking. I still hope Kitoh throws another punch at us in an actually, not-Morita-designed plot twist... One more, maybe just one more difference from the anime's ending (aside the Kana/Jun mess there), I may be satisfied.

But if it ends up being the exact... same ... thing... (I've made my point clear on this already, though, haven't I...)

Still keeping fingers crossed for next chapter's potential awesomeness?
Old 2008-01-22, 20:43   Link #420
Iriliane

I'm kind of disappointed that so many of you are jumping to the conclusion that Kitoh is stealing elements from the anime just because it came out first. Need I remind you that Kitoh explained the details of what was going to happen to Morita and Morita's distaste for certain elements (like perhaps Kana being contracted) led to the divergence of the anime. Numerous things like Machi's brother have been hinted at since long ago. Everything I've seen so far from the series leads me to believe that Kitoh either has had all or most of the story planned out from the beggining. Just because the anime came out and used some elements before they appeared in the manga doesn't mean that Kitoh's started stealing other people's ideas.

Also, the Tanaka-Ushiro relationship while unlikely isn't exactly an uncommon plot device ("Luke I am your father." anybody?).
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, seinen