AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-24, 00:00   Link #561
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
I really hope not . . . ;(

Old 2009-04-24, 11:05   Link #562
Renan

Neither do I, but it looks like we're going to have to kill it, go to Namek, gather the Namekian Dragonballs, wish him back and the rest of the chapters, then I'll use the last wish for personal stuff. >_>
Old 2009-04-27, 14:44   Link #563
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

FYI, the latest Ikki magazine listings are out and there is no confirmation as to whether this latest chapter will be the last or not, just that it will be Ushiro's 6th chapter....

ぼくらの 鬼頭莫宏 第64回「宇白順」(6)

I'm still unable to locate raws for the series beyond the last scanslated release
Old 2009-05-02, 22:22   Link #564
Renan

What's the latest volume out and what chapters does it have? Or was the burst of chapters we got from the latest volume?
Old 2009-05-14, 00:09   Link #565
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I've just read chapter 61. .
Damn, Bokurano is indeed something awesome ;_; The way they make Ushiro scared at killing someone makes his character more reasonable. Just like Machi's said, he looked cold but actually very kind inside ;_;

Guess the scan won't come up any sooner ^^;

Old 2009-05-16, 22:02   Link #566
Renan

Oh my God, new chapter out. This is so the bee's knees.
Old 2009-05-22, 01:22   Link #567
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

And now it seems that Viz have licensed the manga... (Here's hoping they don't give up half way like Dark Horse did with Narutaru.)
Old 2009-05-22, 03:43   Link #568
jesterX1

The raw of chapter 62 is released.
This time we can see the actual outlook of Afro hair styled DB, he is black in color with no ears!?(maybe the afro hair covers all!)
Spoiler for story of chapter 62:
Old 2009-05-22, 22:02   Link #569
Renan

Oh Lord, this is getting good, baby!
Old 2009-05-23, 09:24   Link #570
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Picked this up a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Just read chapter 62:

Spoiler for chap 62:
Old 2009-05-23, 10:50   Link #571
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

There are two ways to do this:
the short and pointless one, just blow everything up instantaneously.
the absolutely perverse and horrific one, burning cities after cities in 48 hours.

Knowing the sheer perversity of our favorite mangaka, I think option 2 is on the table.
Old 2009-05-23, 15:17   Link #572
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Picked this up a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Just read chapter 62:

Spoiler for chap 62:
when that world lost the fight the same thing will happen anyway.
Old 2009-05-23, 16:41   Link #573
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Spoiler for chapter 62:
Old 2009-05-23, 18:15   Link #574
Renan

So, is anyone else thinking that both sides may lose? This is Kitoh after all >_>
Old 2009-05-23, 22:35   Link #575
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme View Post
Spoiler for chapter 62:
Spoiler for chapter 62:
Old 2009-05-24, 13:16   Link #576
Duo Himura

Holy crap, Bokurano has been licensed? Wow... I'm excited and at the same time terrified because Viz refuses to put swears in their "older teen" series like Kenshin. Honestly, is it really necessary to have people saying "Blast!" in a series where you get to see the bloody aftermath of a child murdering the wealthy family that pulled him off the streets?

Anyway, just concerned about what that might mean censorship-wise... I think Tokyopop is more infamous for that sort of thing, but I dunno... look what the anime did. I guess it would be hard to censor Bokurano, though... I mean, you could draw clothes on those two from Mako's story but then it makes no sense. Still, translation can be everything sometimes... see the Eureka Seven manga's official translation which just... does -not- read well, at all.

All that aside...

Spoiler for chapter 62:

I really just don't see how this is going to end though... it can't have a happy ending, it could perhaps have a hopeful but bitter ending, but... I guess I feel like there's nothing you could possibly do to give the story a sense of closure, and while Kitoh is addressing issues for which there -are- no answers, I feel like to be a conclusion there has to be something about it that says "this is where this story ends." I start wondering if there's some great, pithy last line or something that makes everything click, because I certainly can't see it, but I feel like it should be there somewhere... I can't decide if a play off the title would be brilliant or stupid, though, you know, like having the last bit be "Our (Bokurano) world..." It would certainly be obvious, which may be enough reason to shy away since Kitoh already did make a direct reference to the title. It'd be interesting to go through the Japanese and see if that's the only time the word "bokurano" is used or if he deliberately uses it at particular moments throughout the story.
Old 2009-05-24, 16:00   Link #577
stpehen
kisses for all

Rurouni Kenshin is a Shonen Jump title, dude.
Old 2009-05-24, 23:05   Link #578
Renan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen View Post
Rurouni Kenshin is a Shonen Jump title, dude.
So is Yu Yu Hakusho. What exactly is going on?
Old 2009-05-25, 04:33   Link #579
stpehen
kisses for all

He's taking Viz's treatment of a high-profile title licensed over half a decade ago for a line of pop comics aimed at teens and using that as a benchmark for his expectations on how they will treat a niche title licensed now for a line of sophisticated/creative manga aimed at comix readers.

That doesn't add up. If anything, the Ikki project is as close to a revival of Viz's Pulp magazine/books as we'll ever see, and those certainly didn't have content whitewashing issues.
Old 2009-05-25, 08:53   Link #580
Duo Himura

*Shrugs* Do they actually apply different standards based on the "line" they are declaring a series to be part of? I mean, it's not like Kenshin ever ran in the US version of the magazine, except for, like, one teaser and a bonus story, if memory serves. Also that would seem to defeat the point of the rating system if a better gauge is what line they consider the title to fall into.

However, upon reflection the "Shounen Jump Advanced" Death Note release does feature the occasional swear, so I may have to concede, much as my point about it being a stupid set of criteria remains (either censoring swears in an extremely bloody series -or- basing how censored something is upon what category they place it into, rather than the actual age rating they themselves gave it). And in my defense, if they've changed their practices at all, it hasn't shown up in the 3-volume sets of Kenshin (which are admittedly -very- nice, and I should probably just bite the bullet like a good little capitalist sucker fan and buy the series again), and, well, I don't buy every single thing that comes out, so I tend to judge based on what I remember a particular company handled.

I will stand by my point about a crappy translation making things seem stupid, though. Even though my example was from Bandai and Bandai is... weird like that. Viz has in almost all things done a pretty good job, though, admittedly, and I guess there's no reason to suspect them in this. I'm just eternally concerned about official releases because I've seen a lot of seemingly arbitrary changes made, which, while often minor, bug me because I'm compulsive like that.
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, seinen