AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-10-12, 15:08   Link #21
James Rye

Kinda slower animation at some points than I would have liked to. It is a pretty grim world though, one that tries hard to overcome the differences between their many species living together in one society like you saw with the presentation Tem accidentally activated or the many templates around school (Don't bear your fangs, bear your heart). But well, seems like herbivores and carnivores are racist among each other as well. Being pure-bred seems to be pretty important, same with being "endangered" which is just another word for being very rare and precious. That probably means mixed couples aren't high regarded which probably explains one of the many reasons why Tem hesitated to give his love letter to a sheep girl.

Louis making fun of a goat stereotype to enact a feeling of dominance over his goat kouhai is pretty mean, but he is a majestic red deer, so he probably ranks much higher in the social hierarchy so he can get away with it. Though he nearly got hit by that Weasel or Hermelin or whatever that was. I liked how Louis just growled to avoid a fight but also it shows how carnivores also rank each other in a matter of strength and power. Herbivores seems to do that with social acceptance and popularity and Haru stinks in both, no friends, lots of enemies and she is small and weak - perfect prey so to say.

So far, I like it despite the animation sometime being a bit lackluster due its not-fluid movements. It is a version of the much darker original Zootopia movie idea the creators had before they changed it into the more family-friendly version.

Instincts and suppressing them or acting upon them will play a big part in this anime for sure.
Old 2019-10-17, 02:30   Link #22
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The weirdness factor of anthropomorphic animals characters can be tough to get past for me (which is kinda why I never even bothered with the manga) but I do find the animal kingdom analogy for brutal highschool hierarchies pretty damn hilarious, and if it's gonna be a highschool anime I'd rather see a more down to earth take that can accurately depict its warts and all, rather than the more milquetoast harem hijinks/"seishun" club kind.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 07:14   Link #23
videoman190

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Stop Motion animated op.

Last edited by videoman190; 2019-10-19 at 12:22.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-19, 18:13   Link #24
eceso

lol the end caught me off guard
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-20, 03:22   Link #25
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by eceso View Post
That was all kinds of weird...

Though I imagine it would be something entirely different for a furry. XP
Old 2019-10-20, 17:16   Link #26
alex_drian

The OP is fucking awesome, I'd say the best of the season if not for 1) I actually haven't seen the OP of every show this season and 2) FGO because is more my style.

And yeah, at last Haru reveals to be the school bicycle.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-20, 18:12   Link #27
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by eceso View Post
Pretty sure that caught everyone off guard.
Old 2019-10-20, 20:24   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't get that TBH. Not a manga reader, but it seemed like Haru made it clear in the first episode that she was wildly promiscuous.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-21, 16:31   Link #29
James Rye

The OP was pretty darn good. Legosi looked like a pervert with that drool running down his mouth and not like a dangerous wild animal. xD
Man, he was able to hurt Haru so easily, just a bit pressure on the fingertipps and he drew blood. If the goat hadn't come...
With Louis Senpai injured the important play is at risk but ofc the upcoming Beastar cannot just skip this. His reputation rides on it. I liked the world bits like the food or how rodents walk near the walls to not get trampled upon by larger animals or how carnivores still got rough behavior like biting into someone's neck to establish dominance. I mean a wolf like Legosi would have finished that fox guy easily. Larger sized animals and carnivores got a huge advantage towards smaller animals and herbivores in a fight. Guess herbivores got numbers on their side plus guns won't care about claws and teeth.
That ending with Haru stripping was...something. Bet it surprised a lot of anime-only watchers but hey she did say it was her first time with a carnivore. Now Legosi gotta think fast, and he usually doesn't xD, or else his virginity is about to get eaten by a small dwarf rabbit. XD
Old 2019-10-31, 18:12   Link #30
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The whole distribution thing is a shame, because this show deserves way more discussion than it gets. It’s a fascinating and difficult piece of work.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-31, 21:11   Link #31
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Bambi really is the prince of the forest. This show looks so beautiful I love it.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-01, 21:03   Link #32
Wandering Soul

Bill was doping, but I can't really hate the guy as he was ultimately just trying to live his life the way he was meant to. Unlike Legosi, he is not trying to suppress what he naturally is. That said, I don't think Legosi should try to emulate him.

I'm actually interested in seeing where things go between Legosi and Louis from here.
Old 2019-11-02, 08:03   Link #33
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I can't imagine that rabbits blood was obtained harmlessly so I'm not surprised Legosi was pissed with Bill and I'm glad it gave him the push he needed to act. If you think about it, the rabbits blood would've been a slap in the face to the drama club considering this play was supposed to be seen as in memory of Tem the alpaca who was eaten by a carnivore. And a stark difference to Louis who gritted his teeth and performed through a broken leg.

What surprised me though was the fact that Louis went and used that rabbits blood so he could save Legosi. Not exactly sure what the message is there.
Old 2019-11-02, 08:34   Link #34
videoman190

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Wild Side 8bit
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-08, 14:24   Link #35
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I went completely blind in the 5 episode marathon to watch the series since Netflix delayed it, so for a second I went "What the heck is that rabbit doing?" XD

I guess we'll explore in later episodes what happened to Legosi in episode 1.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-09, 10:07   Link #36
Uribatake

Episode 5 was storyboarded by Land of the Lustrous director Takahiko Kyogoku, and it shows. Lots of unusual, beautifully composed shots.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-09, 13:55   Link #37
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

As far as I'm concerned, this is the AOTS. Perfection.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-09, 15:47   Link #38
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
What surprised me though was the fact that Louis went and used that rabbits blood so he could save Legosi. Not exactly sure what the message is there.
Okay so it turns out he didn't drink the blood. I guess i thought he must have drunk it because his leg seemed to be magically better but now that i think about it rabbit blood = healing wouldn't have made anymore sense anyway.

Still another damn good episode. Legosi thinking about his crush in the same scene as his crush getting intimate with Louis had me screaming internally. I wonder if this is a hint at a potential future conflict between Legosi and Louis. And the lunchtime scene between Legosi and Haru was hilarious in its awkwardness. Legosi screaming "What's her name!" literally made me lol.
Old 2019-11-11, 13:18   Link #39
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Orange is doing a damn good job with this adaptation.
Old 2019-11-14, 17:24   Link #40
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

If episode was about capturing the confusion, frustration and turbulence adolescents can feel in trying to understand their identity and the adult world, then it did a great job.

Tags
furry