Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-11, 05:44   Link #281
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Suuure. She just brutally slaughters all the girls she fights against - which certainly can't be the intention of the training, as that'll leave much less girls to fight those "Nova".
Even her info, which the military big ones viewed, points out that she's especially violent. No, she's just a vicious, cruel beast.
You'd be surprised as to what happens in that school. If they are against creatures that can take off 1/2 their torso, limbs in an instant, then they have to be able to withstand pain and not retreat.

You saw that flashback of the 8th Nova battle, Kazaha Aoi was the only one capable of fighting due to the casualties and died as a result. Girls who could fight were helping others off the field instead of supporting her.

So you have brutal "training exercises" that desensitizes the girls to dishing out violence and receiving pain. Satellizer is only a second year. Imagine what the upperclassmen are really like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
So Satellizer is the only one who has her given name first? I guess because she's a foreigner??

Well you'd have to look at the ED for a clue about the student population. West Genetics isn't like a normal Japanese high school after all due to what they produce.

Last edited by orion; 2011-01-11 at 05:58.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 06:00   Link #282
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Bridgette also fits her looks in my opinion as well
Because she's English, right?

But yeah i'm calling her Bridgette. Beautiful name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
though I will say this does LOOK better as a manga.

Anything with Kim Kwang Hyun's art looks better.
Old 2011-01-11, 12:04   Link #283
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Much as I love Noto Mamiko's adorable, kind and gentle voice to death, I think I'm not the only one who thinks that its kinda out-of-place for an ice-queen like Satellizer el Birdget.

It kinda worked with Asogi Rin of Mnemosyne because she had a childish, cheerful and friendly wit to her character. But isn't Satellizer meant to be a cold, unfriendly social-idot?
Old 2011-01-11, 12:24   Link #284
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
But as Bonta said.. we got Bridgette animated dammit.. thats a win just by iself.
and also voiced by Mamiko Noto =D and i have to mention that i also can't wait to see "Lana" voiced by Hanazawa Kana, totally unexpected as well, the majority of the choices here for the VAs are quite interesting overall(Chiffon is another example), but i think it's a shame that Kitamura Eri is voicing such a lame character Like Ganessa =/ They could have given her a better role.
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 12:59   Link #285
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Much as I love Noto Mamiko's adorable, kind and gentle voice to death, I think I'm not the only one who thinks that its kinda out-of-place for an ice-queen like Satellizer el Birdget.

It kinda worked with Asogi Rin of Mnemosyne because she had a childish, cheerful and friendly wit to her character. But isn't Satellizer meant to be a cold, unfriendly social-idot?
I guess you have to see the anime or read the manga to find out the truth then. The OP is a very big hint about the real Satellizer.
Old 2011-01-11, 13:00   Link #286
Tiberium Wolf

Does anyone know how many eps will we have? If it's 12-13 I think the ending should be at ch 24.
Old 2011-01-11, 13:03   Link #287
Quadruple Accel
Freezing

Send a message via MSN to Quadruple Accel
Satella is obviously a cold hearted person but thats what i love about animes like this, the heroine doesn't understand about these kind of feelings until they meet the hero xd
if anyone read the manga and hate the op then go die lol the op is actually very refreshing and it shows what kind of person Satella would be like if there was no such thing as novas, pandoras, and limiters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Does anyone know how many eps will we have? If it's 12-13 I think the ending should be at ch 24.
it says on ANN that it will have 12 episodes
i think it will also end at ch 24 but also note that each chapter has a LOT of pages
Quadruple Accel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 13:36   Link #288
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadruple Accel View Post
Satella is obviously a cold hearted person but thats what i love about animes like this, the heroine doesn't understand about these kind of feelings until they meet the hero xd
if anyone read the manga and hate the op then go die lol the op is actually very refreshing and it shows what kind of person Satella would be like if there was no such thing as novas, pandoras, and limiters.
No, she would still be almost the same even without all that, the real reasons for her to be the way she is are way too far in the story (is not even translated yet) and tell you what it is would of course be spoiler, but i will just say one thing, pray for that not be ever animated =/ the rage meter is almost always in extrapolating levels the entire arc D=
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 13:38   Link #289
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Well, how many friends does she have? Shes the Untouchable Queen. Its not like most people know her personally.

Himeji: Well, I can't argue with her being a vicious opponent.
Not having any friends is her fault alone. With her arrogant and vicious attitude, she won't ever get any friends.

Quote:
And that Scythe girl is named Annette Maxamillion, shes in the ending
In her pic in the ED, her name is given as "Arnett Mcmillian":

Quote:
she has to be the girl in that pic considering the other girls shes with.
How would I know which girls she's usually with?

Quote:
Hmm, does anyone got some of the manga colored artwork of Ganessa? I'm sure Himeji would love it.
This is relevant to my interests.jpg
Please do post them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Die Himeji Die!
Love you too, darling <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I figured the "Lim Dall Young World" would have given it away...
How should people know what "Lim Dall Young World" is?

Quote:
Satella is obviously a cold hearted person
That's the impression I got as well.
Old 2011-01-11, 13:47   Link #290
RhinoX

I think that the people that likes the series will be pleased with the anime and the people
who dislikes will have Bile Fascination through all of the episodes.

And I like the anime/manga
RhinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 13:54   Link #291
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

Is she really cold hearted and unfriendly 24/7 or will she have softer moments that would make Noto Mamiko's voice appropriate? We'll just have to watch and see.

Himeji: "How would I know which girls she's usually with?"

You wouldn't, thats why I corrected you. They seem to have either changed Annette name or the translation of was just bad.........eithers possible.

Last edited by bigdeath; 2011-01-11 at 14:04.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 14:38   Link #292
Quadruple Accel
Freezing

Quote:
Is she really cold hearted and unfriendly 24/7 or will she have softer moments that would make Noto Mamiko's voice appropriate? We'll just have to watch and see.

Himeji: "How would I know which girls she's usually with?"

You wouldn't, thats why I corrected you. They seem to have either changed Annette name or the translation of was just bad.........eithers possible.
she just doesnt like being touched, she rages when someone touches her, only a certain amount of people dont make her feel angry when touching her, for example, Kazuya lol
Old 2011-01-11, 14:42   Link #293
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
No, she would still be almost the same even without all that, the real reasons for her to be the way she is are way too far in the story (is not even translated yet) and tell you what it is would of course be spoiler, but i will just say one thing, pray for that not be ever animated =/ the rage meter is almost always in extrapolating levels the entire arc D=
Both incidents "have" to be animated. The one that people were raging about online particularily and what happened afterwards. I just hope that we can get to those points. I'll settle for them stopping at chapter 24 though.

This thing is complicated enough that 24 prob won't be enough either. Maybe they'll go the OAD route if it's popular after the series run or we can hope for another round of 24 episodes.

And with those ED pics it has to go past 12 episodes or up to chapter 24 at the minimum.

Quote:
If only you read the manga....

Oh well you just have to watch the anime and find out. *evil laugh*

Last edited by orion; 2011-01-11 at 14:52.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 14:44   Link #294
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well i'll be hoping for more after the 12 episode run. If not then that's just life. At least i'll have the manga to start once the show has finished.
Old 2011-01-11, 14:45   Link #295
Quadruple Accel
Freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
yea i forgot about all that, her past is what affected so if her past wasn't like that then she would then be like how the beginning of the op is, happy now? lol
if this was a school life only type of anime then i can see that actually happening or ...

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-01-12 at 03:31. Reason: No hints now...
Old 2011-01-11, 14:49   Link #296
Seihai
スマイリウム

What's this about Stella being called a vicious and cold hearted person? IMO it's very refreshing to have such a main character once in a while. Though to be honest, the direction of the OP and her obviously girlish attitude at the end still makes me think she isn't actually cold hearted or something... or not as much as others say, and she surely got her reasons. Well, I still cry each time a Pandora gets slayed / dies of course but I guess life's harsh?xD
Old 2011-01-11, 14:53   Link #297
Quadruple Accel
Freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
What's this about Stella being called a vicious and cold hearted person? IMO it's very refreshing to have such a main character once in a while. Though to be honest, the direction of the OP and her obviously girlish attitude at the end still makes me think she isn't actually cold hearted or something... or not as much as others say, and she surely got her reasons. Well, I still cry each time a Pandora gets slayed / dies of course but I guess life's harsh?xD
yea okay maybe i picked the wrong choice of words to say what i mean before, she isn't really THAT cold hearted, just read the manga lol

or try to look at what happened when she was fighting others and then look at what happened when Kazuya hugged her and make a decision about her after that
Old 2011-01-11, 14:56   Link #298
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Well, I still cry each time a Pandora gets slayed / dies of course but I guess life's harsh?xD
Well maybe you should get a few eps under your belt before crying about the fallen Pandora.
Old 2011-01-11, 14:58   Link #299
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well maybe you should get a few eps under your belt before crying about the fallen Pandora.
but their so hot, why wouldn't you cry over each and ever lost. Theres not a ugly girl in this school.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 15:03   Link #300
Quadruple Accel
Freezing

Quote:
but their so hot, why wouldn't you cry over each and ever lost. Theres not a ugly girl in this school.
yea but some characters aren't very detailed so they look ugly compared to the main ones haha

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen