AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-01-13, 15:37   Link #141
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
My Name Mean One Kind Of Flowers...( Can't See It Because There A male Actor Have The Same Name) I'm Girl ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post

I'm Really Sad ...I Couldn't Find My Name....
But you seem to know what your name means. So don't be sad. From that meaning I have to suspect it is an asian name. The meaning is very figurative
Old 2008-01-13, 15:44   Link #142
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin View Post
But you seem to know what your name means. So don't be sad. From that meaning I have to suspect it is an asian name. The meaning is very figurative
My Parent Told Me What It Means .....And Thanks
Old 2008-01-13, 19:12   Link #143
Kristen
*Author

KRISTEN (2)
Usage: English
Pronounced: KRIS-ten [key]
Variant of KRISTIN

After looking at THAT...
KRISTIN
Usage: Scandinavian, German
Pronounced: KRIS-teen (German) [key]
Scandinavian and German form of CHRISTINA

And after looking at THAT...
CHRISTINA
Usage: English, German, Scandinavian
Pronounced: kris-TEEN-a (English), kris-TEE-nah (German) [key]
Feminine form of CHRISTIAN. This was the name of a Swedish queen of the 17th century who was interested in the arts and philosophy. She gave up her crown to become a Roman Catholic.

So, apparently my real name is a derivative of a derivative of a queen who took a new name after converting to Christianity. But, I prefer to be called by the third derivative name: Chrissie
Old 2008-01-13, 19:38   Link #144
symbiotes_021
Arke Knight

My Full name is quite long - Mohd Khairul Azmee.

My parent says that all of me an my other 2 brother's name has a meaning. But I don't know and don't remember what my name's meaning are.

*UPDATE & EDIT*

Fond the meanings of my name and they are:

Muhammad
: محمد Praised, lauded, commended, praiseworthy. (Well, Mohd is commonly used in Malaysia and have the same pronouncation and meaning as Muhammad)

Khairul Bashar : خیرالبشر Best of mankind, an epithet of the Prophet Muhammad. (I tried to find Khairul but only manage to find Khairl Bashar. Well, thats close enough.)

Azmi : عزمی One who fulfils his promise. (Again, same pronouncation and meaning as Azmee)

Fear me, even Setsuna's Exia wouldn't stand a chance of winning my Zaiaku!!

Last edited by symbiotes_021; 2008-01-13 at 19:59. Reason: Found meaning
symbiotes_021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 19:46   Link #145
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
So, apparently my real name is a derivative of a derivative of a queen who took a new name after converting to Christianity. But, I prefer to be called by the third derivative name: Chrissie
Well, just to put my nose in and be a jerk ( ), her conversion was from Protestantism to Roman Catholicism.

I find it interesting that you prefer not only a shortened pronunciation, but also an alternate spelling. Any particular reason behind that, or just a maiden's sense of style?

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 03:13   Link #146
Figucher

Send a message via MSN to Figucher
My real name is Mikko, which is Finnish form of Michael.

According to behindthename.com: From the Hebrew name מִיכָאֵל (Mikha'el) which meant "who is like God?". This is the name of one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition and the only one identified as an archangel in the Bible. In the Book of Revelation in the New Testament he is portrayed as the leader of heaven's armies, and thus is considered the patron saint of soldiers.

As an atheist, I found this pretty funny. Oh well
Figucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 03:17   Link #147
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
My name means "wolf counselor". Hey, maybe that's why I love wolves so much.
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 05:02   Link #148
EXEs
Hallelujah...

According to me parents, my Chinese name means intelligent:博 and humbleness/modesty:謙. Full Chinese name is 蔡博謙 (Pinyin: cài bó qiān). Btw I'm from Hong Kong so it's pronounced "Choy Bok Him". My english name shall be disclosed.

I have shamed my parents, my ancestors, and myself, for not living up to my name. May the heavens strike me with lighting.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 08:31   Link #149
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Well, just to put my nose in and be a jerk ( ), her conversion was from Protestantism to Roman Catholicism.

I find it interesting that you prefer not only a shortened pronunciation, but also an alternate spelling. Any particular reason behind that, or just a maiden's sense of style?
Well, my parents named me Kristen. But, you know how adults like to call people with "y" or "ie" on the end? So, I was called "Krissy", because it made me happy. It sounded much better to me at a young age than "Kristen". But, once I learned to read and write, my mom showed me my nickname on paper. I hated how it looked. But, I soon learned that you can spell it "Chrissie", and I liked that form, so I adapted it. I mean, right now I have no problems with the name "Kristen", but I'm just so used to being "Chrissie" that it'd be hard for me to change back.
Old 2008-01-14, 10:42   Link #150
Dxon
Inactive Member

Interesting. I forgot to search for the meaning of my many name many times.
And I searched now and I found. ^^

My name: Eelco
Is germanic (Not german. GERMANIC!) for nobility.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germania
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_peoples
I'm a boy with a noble name. ^^
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 11:52   Link #151
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
I don't think my first name does...Cory.....Don't think so....My last name on the other hand is a name you all wish you had! My last name is Noob in Internet Language.....My last name is Newby, Pronounce "Noobie"..It is soo cools!
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 11:56   Link #152
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

My first name means "Meadow" and my surname is not there not even in the polish part (Its polish but im not though)
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 05:23   Link #153
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
I really dunno....:?
Old 2008-01-15, 11:40   Link #154
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Yeah, mine has a pretty deep meaning behind it.

You see, when my grandfather was born, Nurses thought it was funny to write the baby's baptism names with colored crayons. That way, whoever did his registration mistook the M for a W due to that nurse's poor handwriting and nunchucks skills and it's been like that ever since. I have a uncle who is named with the same crazy ass, nobodoy-can-say-or-spell-it name and sometimes I feel like I should change my name to Bob. But you see, he passed away a week before I was born. And so my mother and father decided that, in his honor, they should name me after him. Which is not something I regret.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 18:21   Link #155
mrvetle

Last edited by mrvetle; 2008-07-02 at 20:26.
mrvetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 18:43   Link #156
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
RODRIGO

Usage: Spanish, Portuguese, Italian

Pronounced: rawd-REE-go (Spanish, Italian) [key]
Spanish, Portuguese and Italian form of RODERICK
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 20:20   Link #157
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Well, this is interesting, I just remembered.... my original birth name when I was a baby (before i was adopted) was Haneul Yoon (하늘 윤) (Yoon was my surname). I don't have a generational name, because the nurses in the hospital (in Seoul) named me. Funny enough, my name was the second one on the Korean name page.

"Haneul" means "heaven" or "sky" in Korean. "Yoon" is a pretty common last name and first name (f) both, and means means "allow" or "consent" from Sino-Korean 允. I'm a boy, but Haneul can be both a boy's or girl's name.
Old 2008-01-15, 20:40   Link #158
Kotaku

Oh hey EXEs, guess I kinda know how you feel, don't let a name put you down or put pressure onto you. It's just how parents are, especially Chinese ones...

Well my family stands for Warmth.

My first name translaters as Conqueror, and the hypenated part stands for Country.

So technically, I'm the Warm Conqueror of Countries... Or something similar to that...

Not that I'll be invading any countries.... Nor becoming very warm either!
Kotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 05:36   Link #159
SolarNova
Alone in the dark

Well figured i would add my names meaning here since iv rarely known someone who has the same name.. well atleast spelt the same.

DUANE

Usage: English, Irish

Pronounced: DWAYN, du-WAYN [key]

Variant of DWAYNE

DWAYNE

Usage: English, Irish

Pronounced: DWAYN, du-WAYN [key]

Anglicized form of the Gaelic name Dubhan which means "little and dark", derived from dubh "dark, black" combined with a diminutive suffix.

From other sources i found it also means "Shadowy" or "Shadowy one".

Im white/English btw
SolarNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 05:58   Link #160
Kisara
[ vintage image ]

VICTORIA;
Feminine form of VICTORIUS. This name was borne by a long-reigning queen of England. A Canadian city bears this name in her honour, as well as an Australian state and several other geographic areas.

Means "victory" in Latin. Victoria was the Roman goddess of victory.
Kisara is offline   Reply With Quote