AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-25, 10:28   Link #321
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well I'll be sticking with Ayako, who will hopefully be doing this season.

Also, I hope in this season to find a thousand sugar stars, so I may put them in a jar. And maybe a tasty sunshine pie too.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-06-25 at 11:07.
Old 2009-06-25, 13:06   Link #322
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

its not on their[Ayako's] summer season selections, but maybe the crowd will change their mind.

It seems even though there a new designer, char design hasnt changed much(from the trailers/ova)
Old 2009-06-28, 10:30   Link #323
Kaguya
an idler

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I truly hope that, this time, they'll just release the Blu-Rays alongside the DVDs to start with. I can sort of understand that, back when Spice & Wolf was first coming out, that wasn't a very popular way of doing things, but it's rapidly becoming the norm nowadays. So yeah, here's to hoping. If they do decide not to do both at once, they'll have to do something spectacular to get me to buy the DVDs this time...
If bonus goods are character song CD by Akino Arai or are body pillow cases, I may buy DVD.
Spoiler for body pillow case:
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgment26 View Post
It would be a bit odd though if season 2 covered ONLY volumes 3 and 5, considering that Vol. 5 is inconclusive, beginning an arc in the storyline that continues for several volumes after it, unless they have a 3rd season planned as well....I just don't see them ending the anime series with a cliffhanger...
I think that Vol.5 was taken up because the third season existed.
The following is my expectation.
Because Vol.8 and Vol.9 are always sets, if a third season exists, it will cover Vol.6, Vol.8, Vol.9, and Vol.10, and I think that it has total 24 episodes.
And Vol.12 and Vol.13 are covered by the 4th season and anime series will finish.
Old 2009-06-28, 14:38   Link #324
Mr. Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaguya View Post
that vol.5 was taken up because the third season existed.
Because vol.8 and vol.9 are always sets, if a third season exists, it will cover vol.6, vol.8, vol.9, and vol.10, and i think that it has total 24 episodes.
And vol.12 and vol.13 are covered by the 4th season and anime series will finish.
lets hope so, by goodness!!!!!
Old 2009-06-28, 16:11   Link #325
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

I lol'd at the concept pillows. Those are freaky. :l
Old 2009-06-28, 16:45   Link #326
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I don't think I would EVER be able to explain to my friends/parents why I would have a pillow like that...
Old 2009-06-29, 02:51   Link #327
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
If bonus goods are character song CD by Akino Arai or are body pillow cases, I may buy DVD.
Spoiler for body pillow case:
I think that Vol.5 was taken up because the third season existed.
Because Vol.8 and Vol.9 are always sets, if a third season exists, it will cover Vol.6, Vol.8, Vol.9, and Vol.10, and I think that it has total 24 episodes.
And Vol.12 and Vol.13 are covered by the 4th season and anime series will finish.
If this were true, it would certainly make my day.

I'm having mixed feelings about the Horo pillow case. On the one hand, it's cute, but it seems a little bit out of character...I think I would much prefer one in which she is striking her famous "praise my tail" pose (the one where she has her back to Lawrence and her face is turned back halfway).

Hmm...I think I definitely prefer Abe's novel design.
Old 2009-07-02, 16:03   Link #328
Kaguya
an idler

From Dengekibunko mail magazine

"Spice and Wolf II" Blu-ray Disc & DVD Series - All the 4 volumes
It is a release start on October 7!

[Blu-ray Vol.1] Episode 0 - Episode 4 / 9,999 yen
Bonus video: Horo's short anime (plan)
First-time shipment bonus goods: Jacket illustration card & ending anime illustration card
In the volume 2-4, three episode is included in each volume. (7,980 yen each)

[DVD Vol.1] Episode 1 - Episode 3 / 6,930 yen
The jacket by Juu Ayakura's illustration
Bonus video: Noncredit opening
First-time shipment bonus goods: Jacket illustration card & ending anime illustration card
In the volume 2-4, three episode is included in each volume.

That means Blu-ray has 13 episodes and DVD has 12 episodes.
Probably, one extra episode of Blu-ray is OVA. (Vol.4 of a novel ?)
I will enjoy the short video of Horo, even after the 2nd season ends.
It is regrettable that there is no body pillow in bonus goods....
Old 2009-07-02, 17:59   Link #329
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
That means Blu-ray has 13 episodes and DVD has 12 episodes.
Probably, one extra episode of Blu-ray is OVA. (Vol.4 of a novel ?)
I bet the extra episode is the "Episode 0" that came on DVD with the "visual novel" book, since it was only released in DVD quality. This way people collecting the series on Blu-Ray will be able to have an HD version as well. Although this means, effectively, that I'll have bought the episode twice, I'm okay with this because I still have the book and at least we're getting the Blu-Ray release right from the get-go this time. So, good news all around!
Old 2009-07-03, 16:20   Link #330
Kaguya
an idler

Of course, Blu-ray contains the episode 0.
Blu-ray covers the episode 13 from the episode 0, and DVD covers the episode 12 from the episode 1.
I expect about which story the episode 13 in the last volume of Blu-ray takes up.
Probably, it is "A boy, a girl, and a white flower", if it is turn.
I think that it is one of the reasons that "A boy and a girl" appeared to the episode 0 a little.
Old 2009-07-03, 18:07   Link #331
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Of course, Blu-ray contains the episode 0.
Blu-ray covers the episode 13 from the episode 0, and DVD covers the episode 12 from the episode 1.
I expect about which story the episode 13 in the last volume of Blu-ray takes up.
Probably, it is "A boy, a girl, and a white flower", if it is turn.
I think that it is one of the reasons that "A boy and a girl" appeared to the episode 0 a little.
No, there are only 12 episodes if you don't count episode 0. There's a slight mistranslation in what you posted before. The first Blu-Ray disc contains 4 episodes starting with episode 0, not episodes 0 to 4. So, it'll be 0-3, 4-6, 7-9, and 10-12. In the end, there won't be any more episodes in the Blu-Ray run than there are on the DVDs, just that Episode 0 was already released on DVD.
Old 2009-07-03, 19:05   Link #332
Kaguya
an idler

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
No, there are only 12 episodes if you don't count episode 0. There's a slight mistranslation in what you posted before. The first Blu-Ray disc contains 4 episodes starting with episode 0, not episodes 0 to 4. So, it'll be 0-3, 4-6, 7-9, and 10-12. In the end, there won't be any more episodes in the Blu-Ray run than there are on the DVDs, just that Episode 0 was already released on DVD.
This is quotation from Dengekibunko mail magazine.

■Blu-rayDisc&DVD
 『狼と香辛料II』Blu-ray Disc&DVD シリーズ全4巻
  10月7日(水)リリース開始!

文倉十描き下ろしジャケットなど豪華な特典満載で、『狼と香辛料II』
 のBlu-ray Disc&DVDが早くも登場! ホロとロレンスの旅が部屋でゆっ
 くり楽しめるぞ!!

[Blu-ray Disc 第1巻]   税込9,999円/第0幕~第4幕を収録
  1080p High Definition/MPEG4-AVC/片面一層/リニアPCM

●文倉 十描き下ろしジャケット
  ●映像特典:ホロのショートアニメ(予定)
  ●初回封入特典:ジャケットイラストカード&エンディングアニメイラストカード
  (第2巻以降・各巻3話収録/各税込7,980円)

[DVD 第1巻]  税込6,930円/第1幕~第3幕を収録
  片面一層/ドルビーデジタル
  ●文倉 十描き下ろしジャケット
  ●映像特典:ノンクレジットオープニング
  ●初回封入特典:ジャケットイラストカード&エンディングアニメイラストカード
  (第2巻以降・各巻3話収録/各税込6,930円)

Blu-ray always precedes one episode from DVD.
This expectation will not be applied if the official mail magazine is wrong.
Old 2009-07-03, 20:01   Link #333
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The tilda (~) in this case isn't try to say "0 to 4" and "1 to 3", it's saying "Episode 0 on, 4 episodes included" and "Episode 1 on, 3 episodes included". It's just poorly written, and works out to be confusing. Volume 1 won't contain 5 episodes, in any case; the DVDs and Blu-Rays will be in sync.
Old 2009-07-05, 22:40   Link #334
ASR1FanSubs
Feeling Big in Your Chair

Send a message via ICQ to ASR1FanSubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well.. you can probably assume the groups that subbed the special episode zero will probably take it up. Most of them are the ones who did the last season. Its easy enough to look up their websites (the ones who have one anyway), they often have their own blogs and forums where they announce stuff. The *best* way though is to just watch for the appearance of the first subbed ep since that tells me they're actually serious about it.
yes, ASR Kurou will be subbing it
No doubt it will the anime of the year *winks* it will also be our first Major Project.

Do check our current releases of http://www.animesuki.com/group.php/1067.html
and visit our page to find out more about releases http://asrkurou.com/blog/?page_id=236
we hope you pick ours
Old 2009-07-07, 01:41   Link #335
ThoHell

No fing way, I just saw the preview of season 2 and it angered me along with make my heart ache a little. This wasn't want I was hoping for, actually it was more of what I was fearing. AHHHH... drama... they make love seem to fickle, loyalty easily wane, or so that's what the preview made it seem like. Will find out soon..... *sniff sniff* I hate high school drama.
Old 2009-07-07, 10:23   Link #336
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

Relax, season 2 covers volume 3, which is SUPPOSED to make you feel that way (seaghyn, Mage, salv etc. would know exactly what I'm talking about), but if Horo were really so fickle, then we wouldn't have so many volumes following it, would we? I won't spoil anything for you, but trust me, unless something goes horribly wrong (which I have no reason to believe will happen), season 2 should leave the audience immensely satisfied.
Old 2009-07-07, 11:18   Link #337
FTGT

Quote:
.... season 2 should leave the audience immensely satisfied.
Wow.... you mean "satisfied" as in "masturbation" or rather as in "appel-pie (order)"? :P
Old 2009-07-07, 11:30   Link #338
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

I'll leave that to your imagination...
Old 2009-07-08, 11:04   Link #339
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Relax, season 2 covers volume 3, which is SUPPOSED to make you feel that way (seaghyn, Mage, salv etc. would know exactly what I'm talking about), but if Horo were really so fickle, then we wouldn't have so many volumes following it, would we? I won't spoil anything for you, but trust me, unless something goes horribly wrong (which I have no reason to believe will happen), season 2 should leave the audience immensely satisfied.
aye, volume 3 comes very close to a classic "rom-com" in the mid-20th C. sense of execution. Frankly, I really could see some old 20th C. black'n'white interpretation of this story with a young Cary Grant as Lawrence and a young Audrey Hepburn as Horo.
Old 2009-07-08, 14:41   Link #340
ThoHell

Ok, ep. 1 is out. Here's to hoping that this season doesn't cause my intense anguish like that promo! Time to watch...
Closed Thread