AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-11, 12:57   Link #201
hamazura
whatever

I need social link advice for skill...
I've been hang out with asahina and white haired kuudere (yeaah i love girl) and plan for togami and celes
Wont go to fukawa and sakura because.... I dont want to deepen my relationship with such a girl
And other character just keep dying so i lost theie sp/skill -_-
Im in early chapter 3 now any advice of social link? Maybe he/she have useful skill and will die soon so i could rush the social link with him/her -_-
so far i only have 2 skill out of 25(?) -_-

Or i could get those by <select chapter> menu to replay chapter?
Gawd, Re-playing detective game is so boring man -_-
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 13:15   Link #202
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Its not possible to get all skills in just one playthrough I think as some characters like sakura only give it to you after talking to them 3 times. So you'd have to know who dies when the entire time, and even then you'd still miss a few profil pages.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 15:25   Link #203
hamazura
whatever

Btw maizono case is surprisingly fricking easy, i think even my lil sis can solve that after a few second she saw the corpse, 11037 too damn obvious
Old 2013-07-11, 15:27   Link #204
Kirayuki

The fun thing with the 1st case(well not really, it applies to every other cases too) is not about who the killer is, but how the incident happen. The dying message is already braindead.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 15:33   Link #205
hamazura
whatever

Yeah how the incident happen and how to remove the trace is very interesting... + the courtroom gameplay its make the game moar interesting (except dat tempo game, what is this? Music game? Lol )
I like chapter 2 case, togami is awesome, i hope chapter 3 - rest could be more awesome
Old 2013-07-11, 15:58   Link #206
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

So, I've finished the game today, and I must say that it has been a long time a game like that could enthrall me that much (surely made me forget how disappointing Virtue's Last Reward was).

Frankly, Danganronpa offered an excellent mystery based adventure game, with a rich cast, coated with highly stylish visuals (particularly liked the backgrounds setting + characters being 2D flats) and great immersion, due to the narration, mood and music.

It is a pity the game suffers a bit for its difficulty (some feature are way too easy to predict, such like "stealing bullet" and the specific ammuniation available). I think they could simply made us load the clue bullets before an actual nonstop debate although it could potentially be annoying as hell...
The other issue was how predictable chapter 3 was, and how some characters didn't have the chance for having more development due to "obvious reasons".
As a final nitpicking, the replay value was a bit exaggerated with social links/skills forbidding you to complete everything without grinding the game like hell, and by extention the unlockable content...

And since I heard SDR2 is even better than DR1, I'm really looking forward to it.
A shame the anime is going insufferably downhill starting ep2...
Old 2013-07-12, 09:24   Link #207
ellifeedn
Thinker

From what I've read, SA is having a bit of difficulty with ads spoiling the games. I don't know much, but if you're not using an ad-blocker you might want to be careful.

Also, I think the thread title should reflect that it contains discussion for both games.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 13:03   Link #208
hamazura
whatever

Finish chapter 3...
Even though i can guess correctly who the culprit and how they did it even before the trial, the nonstop debate is quite hard for me for some reason, and i didnt know i can steal the last 'weakness' and use it for the second cycle -_-
Old 2013-07-12, 13:10   Link #209
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Also, I think the thread title should reflect that it contains discussion for both games.
I will make another thread for SDR2 and displace all relevant posts to it.
Old 2013-07-12, 14:04   Link #210
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
Finish chapter 3...
Even though i can guess correctly who the culprit and how they did it even before the trial, the nonstop debate is quite hard for me for some reason, and i didnt know i can steal the last 'weakness' and use it for the second cycle -_-
The action phases tend to be harder than the mystery thats probably why they decided to focus on the trials.
Dangan Ronpa pretty much inherited an Ace Attorney problem:
Several pieces of evidence would actually make sense, if explained correctly, but the game expects you to present just that one specific piece.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-07-12, 16:22   Link #211
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

By the way, I don't quite understand why some people would be bothered by Monokuma being Monokuma. I mean, that's what his name is. I thought people hated it when character names got changed during translations.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 19:22   Link #212
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
By the way, I don't quite understand why some people would be bothered by Monokuma being Monokuma. I mean, that's what his name is. I thought people hated it when character names got changed during translations.
There are just as many people who hate "weeaboo" names and want translations to localize everything as much as possible.

I know people who hated it when Atlus left Japanese honorifics in the English dub for Persona 3 and 4.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 19:46   Link #213
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I know this is not the right place, but don't you guys think too that one of the posts in the anime thread is a bit too close to the truth considering too vital clues for it are still missing?

Old 2013-07-12, 20:10   Link #214
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I know this is not the right place, but don't you guys think too that one of the posts in the anime thread is a bit too close to the truth considering too vital clues for it are still missing?
Vital clues? The only clue you need is "11037" and you can figure out who the culprit is right away.

The real question is how and why it happened.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 20:50   Link #215
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Vital clues? The only clue you need is "11037" and you can figure out who the culprit is right away.

The real question is how and why it happened.
I wasn't talking about the whodunit but what transpired between naegi's and maizono's bedroom switch and the actual murder. Someone pretty much cleaned that part without
Spoiler for clue for that:
Maybe its just me being oversuspcious, but I think figuring said part out is harder than figuring out who did it.
Which is why I think its strange since one person pretty much figured that out but don't have a clue about who the culprit was, which is dead obvious.
Might be still coincidence though.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2013-07-12 at 21:07.
Old 2013-07-13, 02:58   Link #216
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
So, I've finished the game today, and I must say that it has been a long time a game like that could enthrall me that much (surely made me forget how disappointing Virtue's Last Reward was).

Frankly, Danganronpa offered an excellent mystery based adventure game, with a rich cast, coated with highly stylish visuals (particularly liked the backgrounds setting + characters being 2D flats) and great immersion, due to the narration, mood and music.

And since I heard SDR2 is even better than DR1, I'm really looking forward to it.
A shame the anime is going insufferably downhill starting ep2...
I too have had the chance to see what the real Danganronpa has to offer and I have nothing but praise. This is one of the most entertaining games I've played in a very long time and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I enjoyed it until 10 AM yesterday.

I'm very glad that I didn't rely on the anime for this story, and instead chose the game. By comparison, especially now that we've reached the second episode, the anime is pathetic. In their defense though, this game was done very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The action phases tend to be harder than the mystery thats probably why they decided to focus on the trials.
Dangan Ronpa pretty much inherited an Ace Attorney problem:
Several pieces of evidence would actually make sense, if explained correctly, but the game expects you to present just that one specific piece.
This pretty much sums up every frustration I had with this game. What few complaints I could muster were entirely directed at the trial system and the stringent way it was handled. "Ah, I know the answer, it's this!" "OH NO. IT WAS THAT, BUT WITH SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT WORDS! WOE IS ME!"

Apparently I can't get the right answer in trials, but I can guess the killer of the chapter as soon as it begins. Yeah... Good job with that.

Incidentally, was I the only one who for some reason ended up hanging out with the victim or killer of the next chapter every single time? It wasn't even entirely intentional, but it became my person in-joke the whole game. "Hmm.. I know, I'll get the skill from X!" "Oh great... X is going to die this chapter aren't th- Yup. Good thing I got a skill from them first..."
Old 2013-07-13, 06:10   Link #217
hamazura
whatever

^
lol yeah,for me non stop debate at chapter 3 is veryyyy hard even i know who and how
and im at malicious-malicious difficulty, what is the difference to easier difficulty anyway?
Good thing i hang out with the murderer 3 times in arow in chapter 3 to get the skill

now im at before ch.4 trial
Sealed room murder... Judging from victim personality and bunch of clues.... So easy man it may... No, it must be
Spoiler for guess:

lets see... Im going to the courtroom now~
Old 2013-07-13, 06:35   Link #218
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Malicious setup lead to that:
-in both reasoning and action based phases, time limit is shorter, sometimes in a dramatic fashion (some non stop debate in the latter chapters are barely 2-3 minutes, compared to 7-8 minutes in Gentle, or during climax logic, it goes from 20 to 10). It is still plenty enough, but you notice quickly how it is shortened.
-During Non Stop Debate, the number of chattering is increased.
-During MTB, the opponent is more prone in using negative tempo and their attacks are more frequent
-Evidence bullets number is increased in nonstop debate and the MTB killshot (at times, you are loaded with 7 bullets, which explains the "usefulness" of Yasuhiro's second skill).
-You receive more Monokuma medals at the end of a trial.

In general, the game is still rather too easy even in Malicious because the phases are too obvious. The only peculiar parts are chapter 6 MTB, which can be extremely annoying due to the negative tempo spam and how big the opponent inflience gauge is.
Old 2013-07-13, 06:49   Link #219
hamazura
whatever

(at times, you are loaded with 7 bullets, which explains the "usefulness" of Yasuhiro's second skill).

Huh? Whats that? I have zero social link with yasuhiro and im at ch.5 now -_-
-------
Ah and is there any benefit kf giving people present? I always give present but i dont know its useful or not
the only usefulness i can see is only 'i can see kirigiri blushing face'
Old 2013-07-13, 06:54   Link #220
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
In general, the game is still rather too easy even in Malicious because the phases are too obvious. The only peculiar parts are chapter 6 MTB, which can be extremely annoying due to the negative tempo spam and how big the opponent inflience gauge is.
Unfortunately most of the difficulty was highly artificial, as I expressed in my previous post. Although admittedly there were a couple times where I just legitimately didn't know the answer, which was fantastic.

I didn't really go into specifics before but one thing I really liked about the cases in Danganronpa is that they weren't all so extremely predictable. In fact, I found more often than not that my predictions were accurate, but because of the depth of the cases they tended to fall quite short. In fact, I think Case 3 was the only case that in which my predictions were all spot on, down to who I pegged as the villain the moment it started.

One of my favorite cases was Case 2. I didn't know the culprit until the end, because as far as I had seen there really wasn't any definitive proof of who the person was. Even more so, the culprit was someone I didn't actually think was capable of being responsible until part-way through the trial. That time around the red herrings worked really effectively, and so it was an enjoyable experience.

Oh man... I want to play Danganronpa 2 so badly.

Edit: The presents are specific to each character as to what they'll accept, and what they really want. You have to sort of figure their themes out. For example, if you give Chihiro stuff that a programmer would like it makes her very happy. I'm not solid on the effects of this but it seems to make a difference as to whether or not your bonding time yields rewards. The exact effect eludes me and you'd probably have to check a guide.