Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-04-07, 07:16   Link #1281
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
The impression that Rustal wanted it?
That's a pretty self-defeating argument.

"Where did you get the impression that Rustal wanted to take over Gjallarhorn?"

"Well, you see, I got that impression from having that impression. Heh-heh, checkmate, heh, kek."

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 15:26   Link #1282
Muu094

Another thing that struck me as odd with Rustal's reforms, is that he could have very well had an agent undercover like the bearded-man at least get in Iznario's way bay in S1 considering that it would make it easier for him to reform the 7 Stars once his corruption was exposed and succeeded by McGillis. At the very least it would be much easier to paint him as the bad guy once McGillis finally started gunning for control over Gjallahorn.

Though oddly enough I still find the ending of IBO enjoyable, the antagonist was cunning and tried to win his battles before they were even fought, it showed the result of Tekkadan trying to take the reckless short route to success when there were other options available, and it still allowed for some silver lining without sacrificing the advantage the antagonist held over the main characters throughout the series. Still think it stumbled towards the finish line with leaving certain plot points hanging and character motivations unexplored.
Muu094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 16:20   Link #1283
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muu094 View Post
Another thing that struck me as odd with Rustal's reforms, is that he could have very well had an agent undercover like the bearded-man at least get in Iznario's way bay in S1 considering that it would make it easier for him to reform the 7 Stars once his corruption was exposed and succeeded by McGillis. At the very least it would be much easier to paint him as the bad guy once McGillis finally started gunning for control over Gjallahorn.

Though oddly enough I still find the ending of IBO enjoyable, the antagonist was cunning and tried to win his battles before they were even fought, it showed the result of Tekkadan trying to take the reckless short route to success when there were other options available, and it still allowed for some silver lining without sacrificing the advantage the antagonist held over the main characters throughout the series. Still think it stumbled towards the finish line with leaving certain plot points hanging and character motivations unexplored.
Not to mention that, overall anyway, the ending is pretty realistic too. Sure, people can argue about who is more responsible, who is "more evil", and so on, but in general, the way it ended is certainly NOT surprising considering the general events leading up to it.

Tekkadan was always a pretty unstable group since it was first founded - rocky leadership with Orga, no (permanent) backing, questionable loyalties, always having financial trouble, and so on. Orga knew this, which is most likely why he kept going for broke with his bets; hoping to get to their "goal" as quickly as possible, and since it worked the first few times early on, he just kept letting the bets ride until his luck started running out.

Honestly, given the situation, I actually might been pissed at the ending if it pulled some deus ex machina and allowed Mika and Akihiro to win the battle and Tekkadan ended up winning everything.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 18:59   Link #1284
AswgLaghima08

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
Rustal's agreement with Teiwaz screams "blackmail" to me. So I'm not surprised he didn't go all the way and emulate Julius Caesar.
I completely agree with this, in season 1 and on the wiki it says that Teiwaz was basically untouched by gjallarhorn because they had their hands in almost every sector of business done from jupiter to mars and mars to earth.

When Tekkadan formally joined Teiwaz they became the 10th business sector under their wing and they gained the rights to half-metal thanks to Kudelia and the Admoss company and their shared mines.
Since Rustal was Ioks guardian its only right that Mcmurdo makes Rustal take responsibility by turning a blind eye to their actions for the most part. They are basically equals for lack of a better term now that gjallarhorn has reformed. The only leverage that rustal holds is they can make new ahab reactors, Teiwaz counters this by constantly increasing their MS frame technology and thanks to the abundance of half-metal on mars they arent that behind in terms of strength and versitility. Its a good balance in my opinion, and once Julietta becomes the leader , Mcmurdo will probably hand Teiwaz over to Azee imo.

This is going back but I think out of all things in s2 that they should've changed was Tekkadan killing off Alluim Gyojan of terra liberoinis. If he was a political activist for mars that held weight around the time of the Nochillis July assembly that Kudelia was apart of then they definitely couldve used him as a PR rep or something. Think about it this guy had ties to Nobliss, which means even if nobliss didnt think so this guy still held some worth. He personally didnt hurt anyone and only "hired" DHC to attack the mine, DHC took it upon themselves to try to crush Tekkadan in space. Him and his organization could've worked to say paint an even better picture of Tekkadan across Mars in the other cities and colonies after the SAU war since those event were gearing up around the same time. Something like thanks to Tekkadan saving the life of Mackanai sensei and Mcgillis Fahreeds forces intervining and working with Tekkadan forces to end the war even though their was foul play and Galan Mossa more people across the world are growing to like them. Then king of mars/MA arc start and while Orga is meeting with executives of the Mars colonies Gyojan is keeping an eye on the people and Teiwaz, somehow they find out about iok and Jpt trust connection and alot of rvents might unfold different, this is all in hindsight though i just think that this guy couldve been a card that was worth adding to the deck.
AswgLaghima08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 06:01   Link #1285
darkone45

Well it seams we got the good ending

Apparently the director wanted to kill every single person associated with Tekkadan (including kudelia and atra) because he though they were all evil horrible people and should be punished for killing people throughout the series

Okada said she pretty much fought for this and they decided on this ending

Which ending would you guys have preferred?

From Neogaf tho and it seems that place really hates Tekkadan

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...286777&page=44

( take it a with grin of salt tho since it is Neo Gaf)

-Every other potential ending had every member of Tekkedan + Kudelia dying because Nagai felt none of them deserved to live and needed to pay for their actions. Okada fought for the ending we got the most positive ending, with the last five episodes were rewritten as a result.
-Okada admitted to never having any confidence in the writing for the second season
-Gaelio got special treatment because Okada liked his voice and she wanted him as MC because of it

This explains why certain characters didn't get the development they deserved and the reason being their from tekkadan. Seems like everyone in Sunrise had a diffrent idea on what IBO should be ugh
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 10:48   Link #1286
Knight_SV

so that's the reason why merribit somehow ended with yukinojo rather than with orga? despite it been hinted since the first season? and also that's why gaelio was alive in season 2 because okada likes masaya matsukaze's performance? and seems like every staff wanted different outcome... thats explain all the holes and plot armors in this trainwreck season then
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 11:40   Link #1287
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
so that's the reason why merribit somehow ended with yukinojo rather than with orga? despite it been hinted since the first season? and also that's why gaelio was alive in season 2 because okada likes masaya matsukaze's performance? and seems like every staff wanted different outcome... thats explain all the holes and plot armors in this trainwreck season then
That link was already addressed in the "Overall Series Impression" thread and it appears to be not entirely true. I suggest not to take translation from Neogaf at face value.
Old 2017-04-11, 09:34   Link #1288
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

The only confirmed statement to be true are:

Both Nagai and Okada love Gaelio VA performance enough to ensure Gaelio appearance for S2.
This is not a new case as each Nagai and Okada are known for giving more screentime/role to some character if they like the character.

Nagai idea of kill everyone is because he wanted to do Tomino-like ending for his Gundam work.
Him argue with Okada is not true. In reality, Okada is not opposing this, she is OK with Nagai idea of killing everyone for 'strong' ending.
What changed the ending is (suspected to be) Bandai-Sunrise executives. They felt 'all get killed' ending won't convey the message intended, so they ask them to change the ending.
Old 2017-04-11, 09:42   Link #1289
Knight_SV

not everything that followed tomino-esque idea was good. Tomino killing everyone in V gundam was caused by depression at the time.
i'm not against of them killing everyone, it's just that the way nagai and okada made the protagonists becomes retard and rustal's faction plot armor makes me unable to appreciate how it be done. why not making rustal and co the protagonists and introducing him since season 1?
it just lame excuse for their incompetency. Nagai and okada failed to nailed it.

Last edited by Knight_SV; 2017-04-11 at 18:09.
Old 2017-04-11, 20:17   Link #1290
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
why not making rustal and co the protagonists and introducing him since season 1?
it just lame excuse for their incompetency. Nagai and okada failed to nailed it.
Huh? If they make Rustal & co the protagonists (and still win the battle against Tekkadan), that would defeat the point and impact of the ending and go the other way. I think what Sunrise/Bandai (supposedly) did with Naga-kada is a good little compromise.
Old 2017-04-11, 23:41   Link #1291
Skaddix

Rustal and Team were the real Protags in S2.

When have villains ever gotten that much plot armor against "Heroes" who aren't afraid to drop bodies.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 02:10   Link #1292
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Rustal and Team were the real Protags in S2.

When have villains ever gotten that much plot armor against "Heroes" who aren't afraid to drop bodies.
I hope the above are just sarcasm of yours.

If not, then based on your standard, Longshanks from Braveheart and Xerxes from 300 are also the protagonists of the films just because they defeated and trampled on the heroes and their groups at the end. What kind of logic is that? None of legit writers out there will agree to that and they'll probably laugh at it.
Old 2017-04-12, 20:09   Link #1293
Knight_SV

My question is why nagai and okada had to nerf the protagonists in a very bad way? If they want to follow tomino's kill em all policy at least tomino didn't nerf the protagonists side. Why mcgillis and orga didn't make plan to counter rustal use of dainsleif? Or use PR to exposed it to media? To me okada and nagai just failed to nail the kill em all. I'm actually not against all deaths of protagonists side just like the analogy of 300. It just i didn't like how okada and nagai assassinate the characterization on protagonist side.

Btw, according to nagai's interview in the latest tekketsu radio it seems that Gaelio's leg was crippled because of McG assault on him in season 1 and he can walk again thanks to AV type E implant on his neck and in the epilogue it was removed and he cannot walk again because he is retired as a soldier.

Last edited by Knight_SV; 2017-04-13 at 00:26.
Old 2017-04-12, 20:18   Link #1294
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

"Why didn't McGillis and Orga make a plan to counter a weapon that they had absolutely no idea Rustal was going to use?"

The world may never know.
Old 2017-04-12, 22:14   Link #1295
Skaddix

No idea???? Hahahaa that Rustal might use the weapons that his Prodigy, Iok, had just used to slaughter the Turbines with impunity.

McGillis knows Iok stole a bunch of them.
Tekkadan saw them used on the Turbines or at least Guts and Shino did.
And the Turbines no doubt reported their use.

I am sorry it doesn't take a tactical genius to figure out we need to plan for the use of highly effective illegal weapons that our opponents had just shown the willingness to use after a frame up job on fleeing and unarmed women and children I might add.

Some basic common sense is all that is required. Especially since if McGillis plan had worked. Rustal would have to use the Dansliefs to win or stand a chance period. He would have been outnumbered ship wise and be sporting inferior Ace Pilots.

I might buy that argument if Iok had just stolen and framed up Naze while taking him out the standard way. But since Iok used them and everyone knows he used them. Yeah there is no reasonable argument for no one planning for the possibility of their use
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 22:29   Link #1296
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

"Because the known idiot who looks up to him decided to frame our ally and blatantly break the law and get punished by his hero for doing so, we know everything that Rustal will do!"

Sometimes I wonder if you ever listen to yourself speak, Skaddix. I get the feeling you're just throwing the words out on the paper without thinking about them because you're still upset your favorite character got killed off.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2017-04-13 at 01:05.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-13, 02:29   Link #1297
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
My question is why nagai and okada had to nerf the protagonists in a very bad way?
Tekkadan were pushed to the brink of defeat at Edmonton in S1.

They weren't nerfed. They just picked a fight with a much bigger (and smarter) dog this time.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-13, 12:27   Link #1298
Muu094

Just putting it out their but concerning the Dainsleif usage, I'm pretty sure that McMurdo's "non-aggression" deal with Rustal kept specific knowledge of the Dainsleif out of reach. That and McGillis was still banking on rallying Gjallahorn with Bael at the time.

Still disappointed that Rustal's motivations and goal's, beyond stopping McGillis and keeping order, were never truly explored thus making the ending received feel false.
Muu094 is offline   Reply With Quote