AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-06, 07:59   Link #1081
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Actually i was getting the feeling that there was at least one meaning. I took Kotomine Risei and Tohsaka Tokiomi to be opposites with Kirei being in the middle because he was both (and at the same time neither).

At least that's what my impression was. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of paradox spiral in there as well.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 08:09   Link #1082
Kagayaki

The image I got from that scene was of predators circling their prey. I guess rather than taking it to mean Risei and Tokiomi were opposites, I got the sense that it symbolized how they were working together to control Kirei. So I got a sense of collusion.

I thought it was an interesting shot, so it's sort of funny to me that everyone's complaining about it.
Old 2011-10-06, 08:12   Link #1083
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Fate/Zero until June
Old 2011-10-06, 08:20   Link #1084
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
So... Split season?
Old 2011-10-06, 09:02   Link #1085
Vicious108

Absolutely god awful news.

Not only that, but it seems the Blu-ray will include scenes that will be omitted from the TV airing. So not only will we be getting a stupid and pointless 3 month break after episode 12, we also won't even be watching the real complete and final product.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 09:06   Link #1086
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
So not only will we be getting a stupid and pointless 3 month break after episode 12
It's hardly pointless. If you want the movie quality to continue, taking a break is the better option. I prefer it.

Scenes being cut out from the TV broadcast and later added to the blu-ray release is pretty . I guess it's more to do with not having enough time, though i'd also bet there's a few scenes you wouldn't be able to show on TV.
Old 2011-10-06, 09:12   Link #1087
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sheesh, couldn't they announce sooner that they would split the series? Not that it would have changed anything, but it would have saved me the disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post

That's hard to swallow.
Read: We did it for the lulz so we have no clue, we'll just let viewers come up with a meaning.

And it works, as always.
Old 2011-10-06, 09:19   Link #1088
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's hardly pointless. If you want the movie quality to continue, taking a break is the better option. I prefer it.
If the initial plan they're airing 2 straight cour they will do it, but its just not their plan IMO.

Count me in that disappointed with split cours btw

The extra scene is just adding replay value for me, its fine.

Also, they planned to sell the BD-BOX straight away? not on per volume basis?
Old 2011-10-06, 09:21   Link #1089
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Scenes being cut out from the TV broadcast and later added to the blu-ray release is pretty . I guess it's more to do with not having enough time, though i'd also bet there's a few scenes you wouldn't be able to show on TV.
But they've already shown
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Hard to believe there's anything worse out there that they couldn't get away with at the midnight slot...

But I don't know the source material, so maybe there is, I suppose.

Still, pretty disappointing. I now feel I should wait till June to watch this so I get the final and complete experience, but that'd be pretty hard to do after having already watched dat first episode.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 09:35   Link #1090
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
As said,more than a huge budget,animators need time to provide quality animation so I've got no problem with that.

BD extra scenes are probably just there to help sales,Iwakami took a few lessons from Shinbo.
Old 2011-10-06, 10:05   Link #1091
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
I mean, ufotable is just ridiculous. Aniplex order them for TV-Series, but they made movie quality animation instead. They are almost as crazy as Kyoani, in terms of there obsession to Sakuga.
As of Episode 1 they haven't made anything close to movie animation.... I mean if you want to consider most of episode 1 movie animation than *holds up random manga tank and flicks through it* tada, movie animation.

Lets wait until Episode 2 airs and some scenes are actually animated before we start the hyperbole please.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 10:25   Link #1092
Yuna Amakura

What a way to kill the mood. To simply split the series into two parts..even if they want to maintain the quality animation, at least for me that 's too much. I mean, this is a considerable gap.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 10:32   Link #1093
Westlo
Lets be reality

It took 3 months after the release of the first novel for the second to come out, 4 months after that the 3rd novel was released. Another 5 months and the 4th and final novel was released. Toughen up, novel readers had it worse, and if this split cour means we won't see a lack of animation and clear cost cutting like in the first episode again than I'm all for it.
Old 2011-10-06, 10:40   Link #1094
Yuna Amakura

^True, but the novel market and the animation one are very different. It is very strange to split one series into two (and that doesn't even mean two seasons), so it really kills the mood per se.

I hope this will make them change the OP and ED, at least lol I'm still counting on that.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 10:46   Link #1095
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
^True, but the novel market and the animation one are very different. It is very strange to split one series into two (and that doesn't even mean two seasons), so it really kills the mood per se.
It's not very strange to make a split cour series, Horizon by Sunrise is going to be just that, Medaka Box which is rumored to be done by Gainax is also rumored to be split cour. The recently started airing Kimi to Boku is split cour, Natsume S3 and S4 is practically a split cour, The World Only God Knows was split cour.

It happens more than you think.
Old 2011-10-06, 11:16   Link #1096
Horse

Some of you guys need to take a chill pill - it's not like this break was announced when episode 12 or 13 was about to air.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 11:48   Link #1097
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Seconding Westlo and Horse here, I am ALL FOR IT if that means keeping the quality we have.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 12:02   Link #1098
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Seconding Westlo and Horse here, I am ALL FOR IT if that means keeping the quality we have.
Yeah agree, but I'm just don't like the tonel ike this is like small size project involving random titles and scrubs working it.

The point is, this is MEGA project... They can put more development time instead taking a "break" in middle. If they planning makes 2 cours straightaway aired, they CAN do it, But its just not their decision. Some people can disappoint with that decision.

And I think the decision is more about business PoVs.

Last edited by fertygo; 2011-10-06 at 12:50.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 12:10   Link #1099
Kouvley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
As of Episode 1 they haven't made anything close to movie animation.... I mean if you want to consider most of episode 1 movie animation than *holds up random manga tank and flicks through it* tada, movie animation.

Lets wait until Episode 2 airs and some scenes are actually animated before we start the hyperbole please.
Agreed.

As much as I liked ep1, very little was actually animated. The high quality art, backgrounds and BGM certainly gave the episode a movie quality feel though.

A little disappointed to hear about the split season but i'm all for it if it's to maintain the quality, I just wished they'd announced it from the start so I wouldn't have hyped myself up for 25 weeks of non-stop awesome.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 12:44   Link #1100
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It's going to be a painful but worthwhile wait.

Boy, they are marketing this well, hahaha.

Tags
fate/stay night, nasu, ufotable, urobuchi gen, visual novel adaptation