AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-02, 16:34   Link #21
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
How can Sena play games full time yet still have perfect grades?
That's actually pretty realistic, just uncommon.
Old 2011-11-02, 16:54   Link #22
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
The moment you start to apply common sense to a comedy, it's a slippery slope. Why are characters eyes so large compared to a real person? Why do they all look the same except hair colour? How can Sena play games full time yet still have perfect grades? How can a character slap a 10 year old? How can there be a 10 year old nun as a school advisor?

Conclusion: What a terrible series, it makes no sense whatsoever.
They could make this series go Zetsubou Sensei genre with your excuse. There should be a limit to how much a series makes sense. And there should be a limit on how an anime character treats another from "hahaha funny" to "hahaha this is totally wrong" I'm not asking about a person's figure or abilities, anime can alter that in so many ways. What I'm asking is about a person's morale, anime alters that then people's view on that person change.

But yes you are right. We should not question an anime, anything can happen and we have to rights to voice our opinion on it since it isn't ours.
Lets just laugh everytime she slaps another 10 year old
Old 2011-11-02, 18:03   Link #23
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well to be fair she just fdoes qwhat most of us want to do to an annoying 10 YO.
Old 2011-11-02, 19:26   Link #24
LC
Shocking Pink

Yozora is what makes Haganai great, imo. She's the character that drives the series more than anyone else.
Old 2011-11-02, 20:04   Link #25
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Yozora is such hater. That's why I love her :3
Old 2011-11-02, 20:18   Link #26
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
Yozora is what makes Haganai great, imo. She's the character that drives the series more than anyone else.
truly yozora is what makes haganai what it is, go read haganai + and you will see., but i gotta say what makes yozora so great is to be surrounded by so many "boke", also without rika lot of things wouldnt happened.
Old 2011-11-02, 20:19   Link #27
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
To put it bluntly, she was a bitch in ep4. I hope she never does it to that degree again =0\.
Old 2011-11-02, 21:22   Link #28
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
truly yozora is what makes haganai what it is, go read haganai + and you will see., but i gotta say what makes yozora so great is to be surrounded by so many "boke", also without rika lot of things wouldnt happened.
Plus seems like a totally different story (a much more generic one), but that may be more due to the manga-ka rather than the change in focus. The other manga is like 10x better, in fact, I think it's better than the anime.
Old 2011-11-03, 13:30   Link #29
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I just can't bring myself to like Yozora. Her personality is horrid, she's a hypocrite (says to not lump her in with bullies when not 5 min before she was bullying a 10 year old girl), and I haven't found one redeeming quality in her. I don't find her antics amusing, either.
Old 2011-11-03, 15:51   Link #30
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I just can't bring myself to like Yozora. Her personality is horrid, she's a hypocrite (says to not lump her in with bullies when not 5 min before she was bullying a 10 year old girl), and I haven't found one redeeming quality in her. I don't find her antics amusing, either.
just wondering, do you like another character drom the series?
Old 2011-11-04, 06:56   Link #31
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
just wondering, do you like another character drom the series?
I like Kodaka, Sena, Kobato and Rika. Kobata is fairly normal and I like how he stuck up for Sena. Sena has her arrogant moments, but she's shown growth and that she has another side. Kobato and Rika are hilarious.

I'm just not a fan of the bully-type used as comedy.
Old 2011-11-11, 15:27   Link #32
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Someone needs to slap this hoe for being so mean to Sena. Can't believe she's gonna be the closest to 'Main character guy whose name escapes me.'

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2011-11-11, 23:42   Link #33
Bloss-Chan

No, it's her thing... teasing. Which makes me appeal to her.

Sena, deserves to be bullied.

I like their fighting relationship.. makes me almost like Sena a little more.
Old 2011-11-12, 10:30   Link #34
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

She's not bullying; she's just keeping the relationships fresh. :P
Old 2011-11-12, 12:54   Link #35
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloss-Chan View Post

I wouldn't call what she does teasing. Teasing involves making fun of your friends in a fun way, where they know you mean no harm. She manipulates and bullies people to get what she wants and purposely hurts them. There's a difference.

And no one deserves to be bullied.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2011-11-18 at 13:32.
Old 2011-11-12, 17:34   Link #36
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloss-Chan View Post

I'm afraid, but being bullied is something nobody deserves. One might argue that a bully should deserve it to see what it feels like, but well this is also suboptimal. Not even the most annoying/stupid/aggrevating person you know. Fiction or not, there are scenarios which should be a no-go no matter what.
Old 2011-11-12, 18:18   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Fiction or not, there are scenarios which should be a no-go no matter what.
Perhaps, but are you telling me this level of insults is considered 'overboard' by most people? Come on, anybody that been through the teenage phase should know that Yozora's insults thus far cuts only skin deep. There's only so many times to call people stupid and useless before it gets dull.

She could have done alot worse but held back at the last moment not once but twice.
Old 2011-11-12, 19:47   Link #38
LC
Shocking Pink

I think that if Yozora's insults genuinely hurt Sena or any of the other club members, they would not come back to the club every day.
Old 2011-11-12, 21:08   Link #39
potchip

There are always 2 sides of bullying - the bully, and the one that LET the bully, and then there are those that kept coming back for more (The cute puppy that you just kicked away, or Sena).

Then there's bullying, and then just verbal attacks - which btw, isn't that much worse than what your parents would've employed if there were REALLY frustrated with you. (and before someone jumps on the high horse of proper parenting, they can do WHATEVER they want having to feed you un-grateful lots for years without any reward)

I'm about had enough of the Sena fans come in and claim it's somehow Yozora's fault - this happened in Oreimo as well, you know, Kuroneko is so nice because Kirino is so annoying! As if there's a connection there. Perhaps you should go vent in the Sena thread on how annoying she doesn't fight back properly to some simple verbal abuse giving how smart/perfect Sena's supposed to be. (OH SNAP, despite the settings, no-one's actually perfect in this series, surprise! Major gag discovery there).

Yozora has a perfectly valid reason to dislike Sena - she ruined her plans after all, that was the plan to salvage 10 years of missed opportunities. Just as Sena's perfectly capable of standing up for herself if she wanted, but then that is one MOE trap less in this series. Get it folks, it's exactly the interaction that makes Sena more likable for some. And liking Sena does not come with hating Yozora by default.
Old 2011-11-13, 04:51   Link #40
Bloss-Chan

You sir, have made so much sense.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters