AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-28, 01:03   Link #1
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Kangoku Gakuen (Prison School)

Quote:
Synopsis:
Hachimitsu Academy, known for its strict academic standards and even stricter school code, is making a giant change this year. In the first time in school history, they are allowing boys to be admitted.

As Fujino Kiyoshi starts his first day at Hachimitsu Academy he is shocked to find out that there are only 4 other guys in the entire school, making the ratio of girls to boys 200:1. And to their dismay, not one of the thousand girls will talk to them or even acknowledge them. But Kiyoshi and the guys are about to find out about the shadow student council that has been threatening the female students about interacting with male students.
I found this to be a decently funny manga =03. Although the premise sounds serious, it's much more a comedy about the 5 guys enduring being in an mostly girls' school. There is physical comedy, i.e. girls knocking the guys around, but at least it doesn't happen to the main protagonist, Kiyoshi, nearly as much as everyone else. He also has determination, which is a good thing, since it means he's not just taking his situation reluctantly, and means to do something about it. The only gripe I have with this story is that they only end up around 2 girls(well, really just one girl with a brief cameo from the other), which could make things feel uneventful but given the situation(read the title literally), it doesn't give them much choice =0(.

Spoiler for up to chp 21:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 01:15   Link #2
Xion Valkyrie

The execution is so over the top that you forget about the ridiculousness of the premise. I wonder if the plan will succeed.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 01:36   Link #3
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
The execution is so over the top that you forget about the ridiculousness of the premise. I wonder if the plan will succeed.
I'm thinking they'll succeed, but be caught at the last minute, which will detain them even longer. As amusing as it's been so far, I can't imagine them going through another month of the same gags. They're going to have to get out of there, or otherwise, things'll get stale =0(.

Old 2012-02-28, 05:40   Link #4
Shadow5YA

I've seen raws up to chapter 44. Have they gotten any closer to escaping or being let out?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 10:09   Link #5
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

lol I was thinking for the past month or so about whether I should have made a thread for this series but couldn't decided if I should really bother cause this is such a odd series.
Was hoping someone else would to save me the trouble

hard to really like this series outright but like I do if just for the glorious service alone, the Vice Pres wins out here, she's crazy but absolutely hot as hell while being absolutely crazy.
And she's on alot of cover pages.

I've seen the raws up to 41 I think it was and they are still in prison doing hard labour. Don't see them getting out anytime soon as being in "prison" is the premise of the series afterall.

As absurd and ridiculous as this is it can be pretty funny.
Old 2012-02-28, 11:28   Link #6
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
lol I was thinking for the past month or so about whether I should have made a thread for this series but couldn't decided if I should really bother cause this is such a odd series.
You and me both.

Just so any of you idiots out there understand, let me get this straight out: this author is a genius.

Don't believe me? Read a previous work of his. First, you'd think, hey, this is kinda authentic American. Then, you'd think it's one of them Great American Novels in manga form. Then you realize the author is Japanese, writing his own version of a folk legend, and you go, "goddamn, brother."

So he's one underrated mofo. But what about this manga?

This manga is just him letting loose. And it's epic. It's absurdist to the core, considerably more erotic than most hentai (to be fair, I wouldn't really know); certainly a much better grasp on the S&M mentality, which permeates everything that's going on, and it plays out that classic, eternal mechanic that, for men, perversion is war, perversion is heroism, sacrifice, glory. Perversion 4 life. The glory of a quest isn't about the scale of one's success, nobody cares if you save the world from the Dark Lord again and again if it's your day job. The glory is in the quest itself, the lengths you're willing to go, the sufferings, the struggle. The more absurd, the funnier.

But I bet half of you idiots dropped it in the first few chapters because the boys were "pathetic," not understanding the parody, the skill needed to create this sort of atmosphere successfully or the expressiveness, and sometimes the intentional roughness, ugliness, of the art (when it isn't pervertedly focusing on the Vice-Prez's assets endlessly anyway). But I understand, not everybody gets it, the passion, the true love of masochism.

lol
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 13:26   Link #7
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
You and me both.

Just so any of you idiots out there understand, let me get this straight out: this author is a genius.

Don't believe me? Read a previous work of his. First, you'd think, hey, this is kinda authentic American. Then, you'd think it's one of them Great American Novels in manga form. Then you realize the author is Japanese, writing his own version of a folk legend, and you go, "goddamn, brother."

So he's one underrated mofo. But what about this manga?

This manga is just him letting loose. And it's epic. It's absurdist to the core, considerably more erotic than most hentai (to be fair, I wouldn't really know); certainly a much better grasp on the S&M mentality, which permeates everything that's going on, and it plays out that classic, eternal mechanic that, for men, perversion is war, perversion is heroism, sacrifice, glory. Perversion 4 life. The glory of a quest isn't about the scale of one's success, nobody cares if you save the world from the Dark Lord again and again if it's your day job. The glory is in the quest itself, the lengths you're willing to go, the sufferings, the struggle. The more absurd, the funnier.

But I bet half of you idiots dropped it in the first few chapters because the boys were "pathetic," not understanding the parody, the skill needed to create this sort of atmosphere successfully or the expressiveness, and sometimes the intentional roughness, ugliness, of the art (when it isn't pervertedly focusing on the Vice-Prez's assets endlessly anyway). But I understand, not everybody gets it, the passion, the true love of masochism.

lol
Not sure whom you're calling idiots when no one said anything bad about this manga.

On the other hand,if someone tells you that a black cube is a piece of art and you look at it as a standard cube,i doubt you would take an "idiot" thrown at you that nicely.

While i do like this manga,i never liked being a fan-boy of anything.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 17:17   Link #8
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Sarcasm. Turn that button on. -_-

In any case, that black cube is a piece of art and only the philistines don't get it.
Old 2012-02-28, 18:06   Link #9
frubam
simp for Lyria

Well, I can't say I'm surprised they didn't get out of the prison, but damnit, I was thinking "prison" might be a metaphor reflecting how they feel being around all girls =0<. Anyway I already had my mind set that he would escape, but be caught in the end anyway, so that's no big deal(don't spoil me with details though =03). I just hope things manage to stay fresh as it has up to chp 21.

Old 2012-02-29, 23:14   Link #10
Xion Valkyrie

Chapter 22: MGS trick never fails!
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 05:40   Link #11
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for chp 24:

Old 2012-03-12, 10:11   Link #12
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

I almost forgot Gakuto's name since he's always called Shitty Four-Eyes now. That poor, poor guy. He really knows how to take one (of fifty) for the team. There's no way he'll get a girlfriend now, unless ... Does anyone think maybe Gakuto and Vice-Pres? She seems to enjoy torturing him the most.
Old 2012-04-23, 18:40   Link #13
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for to 37:

Old 2012-04-23, 20:13   Link #14
Arturro

Spoiler for next chapters - raws spoliers:

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 12:17   Link #15
Lucky06

Getting impatient with the lack of release of these hilarious bonerific manga
Lucky06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 20:34   Link #16
ShiroiRyu

I just want to know ...
I can be in love with the glasse girl ? :s
Old 2012-10-18, 00:32   Link #17
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
I just want to know ...
I can be in love with the glasse girl ? :s
...the Vice President?
Old 2012-10-18, 02:44   Link #18
ShiroiRyu

You know another big-breasted girl with glasses in this manga ?
Old 2012-10-18, 03:18   Link #19
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
You know another big-breasted girl with glasses in this manga ?
I wasn't looking at the glasses.

/if you know what I mean

Sure...you can have her. I'm more taking a shine to the way Hana is being corrupted by our hero.
Old 2012-11-15, 09:11   Link #20
ShiroiRyu

WOW !
That was a great tactic of our girl ! Oo

Tags
comedy, ecchi, romance, school life, seinen