AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-04, 21:37   Link #441
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Okada Mari is another huge problem for the show (second only to wotas). Everything original she wrote and I have watched (Black Rock Shooter, Hanasaku Iroha, Canaan) was at best badly paced, same is my opinion of some of her longer adaptions
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 21:43   Link #442
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Okada Mari is another huge problem for the show (second only to wotas). Everything original she wrote and I have watched (Black Rock Shooter, Hanasaku Iroha, Canaan) was at best badly paced, same is my opinion of some of her longer adaptions
But if there was a show that redeems her, it's Toradora (or at least IMHO, having watched all of it and enjoyed the story).

As always, the three-episode rule is still in effect. We can't be sure how well her script would play out, me having gone far into Lupin but still starting on EVOL.

Damn, someone needs to translate that Yaraon report; I find it amusing that Okada be compared with Yoshida and Urobuchi.

Okada (left), Yoshimasa (right)

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-04 at 21:57.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 21:49   Link #443
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
All we need is for her to do "Kyrah" during a song and we got a Ranka lol
i did saw 1 who did a "Kyrah" pose in the show but i forgot who.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 21:51   Link #444
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
i did saw 1 who did a "Kyrah" pose in the show but i forgot who.

That would be Yuko.
Old 2012-05-04, 21:55   Link #445
mochichan

........Are they comparing AKB0048 to K-on and Madoka?

Wow, that's..interesting.....I did think that despite AKB0048 loli design, they can pull a Madoka and do some serious stuffs..But who know.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 22:16   Link #446
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Also, Okada in glasses.
Wh-what is this sensation ... is this moe? AM I FEELING WHAT THEY CALL MOE RIGHT NOW?

*cough*

I don't know, I honestly thought that the first episode was good ... even though reading Kaoru Chujo's argument as to why this wasn't all that good did make me realize that this show is incredibly self serving by saying that idols are so important that they change people lives and are the flag carriers of FREEDOM and stuff not to mention all the girls I want to be X idol when they are voiced by said X idols hurrrrr <.<

That said, I think where the ''genius'' part comes in aside from balancing the girls so that all of them get the spot light (and for the VA's to get an equal amount of time in giving a good performance and having a nice dramatic moment to train their voicing talent) and have their own unique identities, is that in the context of this world, in the reality of this anime, it works. Yes, it's a lot more efficient for the evil(lol) governmental body of this world to use entertainment to their advantage ... however, it is also much more efficient for them to not waste resources on crowd control by using live ammunition when there are better methods out there, so rather than think about how this would be better another way, it's actually more of thinking how irresponsible and inefficient the government in AKB0048 really is.

Furthermore, I do agree that this is a pure, silly fantasy, but just because it's a silly fantasy doesn't mean it doesn't work, or that I can't take it seriously at times. When Yuka broke it off with her would-be boyfriend, I felt for her, even though they only had a scene together prior, thanks to how the scene played out and how on his side, he loved her but didn't want her to leave him (feeling like he wasn't important enough for her to chose him over her dream) and on Yuka's side, her wanting to follow on her and her friends dreams and childhood promise (and part of her character as not being someone who would back down once she started something) as well as not wanting to spend her life being told what to do, endlessly trapped in this barren and colourless colony (which is more like the shared motivation by all the trio)

Orine is a bit simpler, since she is more about losing her parents in a horrible incident and growing up as a nice girl with a love for mechanics. She is interesting in that she's actually the glue that kept both Yuka and Nagisa and their dream to become idols together, though as a driving force in the show I don't think she'll be able to do much unless they dive more into her history.

Nagisa, I thought, was the most interesting of the bunch though (and also the cutest ... that scene with her singing softly and then yelling ''YES'' might have been what sold me on her ^^; since I think her story I think is the one that touches the most of this shows theme about the desire to discover yourself, chasing your dreams and fulling them and going against tradition to let yourself shine brighter than anyone else. On some level, I could understand her father's desire for her to not cause too much of a stir, since it could risk his position, and her mother submissive attitude, and they clearly love her, but they had been taught to follow the line and stay close to the wall when walking ... but I couldn't help but side with Nagisa, even when she was acting like a spoiled child (you are siding with Papa!) because I felt she wasn't wrong in her desire to break free and be what she wants to be when given the chance.

So yeah, the show is running on a lot of cheese, but at the same time I feel that it has a bit of honesty behind it's message.

Then again I'm writing this on a weekend while high on coffee at 4 AM, so who knows what the hell am I saying ....
Old 2012-05-04, 22:32   Link #447
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
........Are they comparing AKB0048 to K-on and Madoka?

Wow, that's..interesting.....I did think that despite AKB0048 loli design, they can pull a Madoka and do some serious stuffs..But who know.
No. On NHK there are a bunch of variety shows that introduce very popular things that people may not know about. Things introduced in the past include K-on, Madoka, Hatsune Miku, etc. because of their incredible popularity and hit status.

And yet AKB is there after 1 episode. The comments are mocking the show saying things like:

An anime that can stand with Madoka and k-on... That is... Akb0048 lol Wut!?

Or

Wow NHK sold out too

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 22:43   Link #448
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
No. On NHK there are a bunch of variety shows that introduce very popular things that people may not know about. Things introduced in the past include K-on, Madoka, Hatsune Miku, etc. because of their incredible popularity and hit status.

And yet AKB is there after 1 episode. The comments are mocking the show saying things like:

Or

Wow NHK sold out too
Ohhh~ But if the group that's being call National idols, and is even used by the government to promote tourism is getting their own anime, it would be a big deal too.

I don't think it's selling out. AKB48 as a group have the popularity that K-on, Madoka, and Vocaloid can't even touch so I can see why the show talked about them. Even morning news that don't cover anime talked about AKB0048 too just because the AKB name is attach to it. But I can understand if it's the show AKB0048, it is kinda too early to tell if this will be a hit.
Old 2012-05-04, 22:46   Link #449
SQA

Quote:
But if there was a show that redeems her, it's Toradora (or at least IMHO, having watched all of it and enjoyed the story).

As always, the three-episode rule is still in effect. We can't be sure how well her script would play out, me having gone far into Lupin but still starting on EVOL.

Damn, someone needs to translate that Yaraon report; I find it amusing that Okada be compared with Yoshida and Urobuchi.

Okada (left), Yoshimasa (right)
Okada probably needs Nagai Tatsuyuki to keep her in check. AnoHana and Toradora are her best works, both directed by Nagai.

Though she's done well with Kawamori on Aquarion EVOL, but, do remember, Kawamori is something else for directing. Aquarion is his pet project and he has a personal stand-in character he talks through. She might be doing the Series Composition and writing, but Kawamori is definitely in charge of that series. We'll see if the same holds true here (but I'd be surprised).

I just hope it isn't the horrific disaster that Fractale was.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 22:48   Link #450
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

You guys are being too harsh on Okada.

Judge her on how well she does on AKB0048, not on other stuff. So far, I think she's doing okay here.
Old 2012-05-04, 23:01   Link #451
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post

Or

Wow NHK sold out too
LOL, busted a gut on those comments! They thought NHK bought into the hype -- hook, line, sinker -- when there were some shows this season had much more in terms of publicity.
Old 2012-05-04, 23:02   Link #452
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
You guys are being too harsh on Okada. Judge her on how well she does on AKB0048.
Well, we can't do that with just one episode, hence why people is judging her work in other series.

Personally, I don't trust Okada either (she's doing well with Lupin III, I'll admit that much), but we'll see what she can do here. If Kawamori keeps her in check, we might see something good.
Old 2012-05-04, 23:06   Link #453
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Okada Mari is another huge problem for the show (second only to wotas). Everything original she wrote and I have watched (Black Rock Shooter, Hanasaku Iroha, Canaan) was at best badly paced, same is my opinion of some of her longer adaptions....
I have a total soft spot for Okada, since she wrote a lot of episodes of Simoun (with Aikawa Shou and Nishimura Junji deciding what was going to be in them, of course). And I liked true tears. But I can't disagree about the three shows you mention. I enjoyed Hanasaku and bits of Black Rock, but they were both pretty weirdly constructed. And AnoHana didn't really do it for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque
...I honestly thought that the first episode was good ... even though reading Kaoru Chujo's argument as to why this wasn't all that good did make me realize that this show is incredibly self serving....
I probably didn't make myself clear in that post. Actually, I loved ep1, was moved almost to tears a couple of times. I had to rein myself in and remember how self-serving and silly the whole deal is just in order to maintain some balance, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 23:19   Link #454
mochichan

^
oh good....so i'm not the only one that got emotional when Nagisa was racing to reach the space shuttle....lol...

As silly as the show is, Okada's script showed the characters personality as well as create drama for the show was done well IMO so I'm not doubting her that much. Especially since I did enjoy Lupin, Ano Hana, and Toradora.
Old 2012-05-04, 23:25   Link #455
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If Kawamori keeps her in check, we might see something good.
We ... are talking about Kawamori here? Right? Shuoji Kawamori, creator of Macross? The guy who really loves making the most insane concepts into anime and trolling fandoms for over 30 years and counting?

Keeping Okada in check ... lol? WHo's going to keep him in check then.

But seriously, I'm probably one of the more openly critical people when it comes to Okada, and I certainly don't trust her that much given how wild she had been recently, but I thought she really had something going with the show here ... I don't know, I always felt she had the talent but she needed to be more focused in bringing it out. Maybe she can do it here, doing something she loves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I probably didn't make myself clear in that post. Actually, I loved ep1, was moved almost to tears a couple of times. I had to rein myself in and remember how self-serving and silly the whole deal is just in order to maintain some balance, lol.
yeah, I know you loved the first episode but I also noticed it when you mentioned that there was very clear desire for the creators to show just how important idols are to the world
Old 2012-05-04, 23:30   Link #456
sa547
*Author

As far as fanart is concerned, the Pixiv members have gone into drawing up some intriguing combinations, such as this artist's take on Give Me Five (the girls' big-band version of HTT)... Talk about Riding with the Queen

Old 2012-05-04, 23:33   Link #457
mochichan

Quote:
As far as fanart is concerned, the Pixiv members have gone into drawing up some intriguing combinations, such as this artist's take on Give Me Five (the girls' big-band version of HTT)... Talk about Riding with the Queen

Dude......that's my pic.......XD
I've finished Yuko/Sonata ver too, and start Takamina/Kanata ver Beginner tomorrow and then upload all of it on my DA.

Old 2012-05-04, 23:45   Link #458
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
D.G.T.O (Dick Gay Torture Orgasm) alright, who's with me in rebelling these nasty fuckers? i think its time to call the entire SRW cast to finish the job to send them to the depths of hades as quicky as posible.....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 23:55   Link #459
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Ohhh~ But if the group that's being call National idols, and is even used by the government to promote tourism is getting their own anime, it would be a big deal too.

I don't think it's selling out. AKB48 as a group have the popularity that K-on, Madoka, and Vocaloid can't even touch so I can see why the show talked about them. Even morning news that don't cover anime talked about AKB0048 too just because the AKB name is attach to it. But I can understand if it's the show AKB0048, it is kinda too early to tell if this will be a hit.
The show is meant to talk about things that are currently popular. Not things that may or may or may not be popular. That's why people are harping on it. No one can say if the show will succeed or fail.

Actually vocaloid is several orders of magnitude more popular than AKB. It sells more discs, games, media than AKB easily. Just it doesn't get as much coverage in mainstream media because Crypton and Sega are not traditional entertainment companies.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 23:58   Link #460
sa547
*Author

Quote:
D.G.T.O (Dick Gay Torture Orgasm) alright, who's with me in rebelling these nasty fuckers? i think its time to call the entire SRW cast to finish the job to send them to the depths of hades as quicky as posible.....
That would be a brilliant idea for the next SRW installment. Those Guardian Angels should be retrofitted with Offensive Fold Speakers/Sound Boosters as a finishing blow.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime