AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's your favorite character so far? Multiple choice allowed!
Suzumiya Haruhi 150 57.92%
Asahina Mikuru 95 36.68%
Nagato Yuki 92 35.52%
Kyon 130 50.19%
Koizumi Itsuki 20 7.72%
Tsuruya 35 13.51%
Taniguchi 4 1.54%
Kunikida 5 1.93%
Kyon's Sister 22 8.49%
Asakura Ryoko 11 4.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-07, 14:40   Link #161
Cogwheim
Former Immortal, Future:

Send a message via AIM to Cogwheim
...voted for Kyon and Nagato...

Never before have I had such a vicarious experience when listening to a narrator than when I saw the first episode of this show...I actually make the exact same kind of comments as Kyon's whenever I film a video project for school. I relate to Kyon, because I'm as cynical, sarcastic, and borderline-vapid as he is: and yet, I'd like to believe that I'm just as lovable. Not that I am, really...

As for Nagato, well...at first, her enigmatic quality seemed a bit too overdone, but now that I've read the translation of the first novel, I can safely say that her gradual steps towards becoming a more "human" character are worth the wait. Watching Yuki's personification process is almost as gratifying as watching in amazement as my PC miraculously sprouts thick arms and begins choking me violently--wait, what?

(Pretend that was handwritten in an ornate, cursive fashion, perhaps using a fountain pen. So there you have it. My signature.)
Old 2006-05-10, 22:10   Link #162
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

This poll will be closing soon, so if you haven't voted already, please do so. Cheers.
Old 2006-05-10, 22:15   Link #163
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
This poll will be closing soon, so if you haven't voted already, please do so. Cheers.
Oh.. my Asakura was left so behind..
Old 2006-05-10, 22:19   Link #164
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
Oh.. my Asakura was left so behind..
I think after some more eps are shown she may shoot up in popularity
Spoiler:

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-05-10, 22:20   Link #165
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
I think after some more eps are shown she may shoot up in popularity
Spoiler:
Actualy... that's exactly the reason I picked her in the first place
Old 2006-05-10, 23:16   Link #166
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sometimes they'll do these polls several times just to see how attitudes change before, during, and after the series....

once we see more of Asakura and watch Yuki emerge, votes may vary.

My problem is I felt sort of obligated to vote for Suzumiya (she kind of reminds me of my wife small, perky, and energetic --- usually on a mission). My vote for Mikuru rested entirely on that one noise she made when Suzumiya offered Kyon a chance to personally check out Mikuru in the second episode.
Old 2006-05-11, 01:00   Link #167
ordnance11

Actually, I think Kyon's sister might shoot up in popularity after the "imouto in a bag" shot.
Old 2006-05-11, 10:02   Link #168
Hunter Nin.

I voted for Kyon, there's no way this series would be as enjoyable without him... not to mention he seems to be the only sane person there.

Haruhi really gets on my nerves sometimes (the ribbons are cute but extortion/abduction/etc is bad) and the others... well who cares .
Old 2006-05-12, 10:15   Link #169
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

The poll closes this Sunday (before the airing of the next episode). A final poll will be put up at the end of the series. Thanks to everyone that voted.
Old 2006-05-13, 00:36   Link #170
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
The poll closes this Sunday (before the airing of the next episode). A final poll will be put up at the end of the series. Thanks to everyone that voted.
That means all you hidden Mikuru and Yuki fans better come out and vote! That moe moe deathmatch for third place must be settled before sunday! (and don't forget to put down a vote for Tsuruya-santo show some genki love )
Old 2006-05-13, 18:16   Link #171
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Closed it a bit early. Seems like most people were able to vote and interest in the thread has slowed to a normal clip. If you weren't able to vote in this poll, we will run a second Favorite Character Poll at the end of the series. Feel free to cast your vote when the second poll appears. Cheers.
Old 2006-05-22, 10:02   Link #172
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Do you know that story of the guy who's always late?

If anyone's just like me, feel free to post here, the thread isn't closed!

I know who you are, you, in front of your screen, distressed Haruhist who does nothing but try to follow the lead, who can't keep track of all those posts posted by raging fans everyday. You feel lonely, slow, useless, helpless, ashamed... Stop it right here! We're all brothers, sisters ( Well, mainly brothers, afaik. ) in here, we all know what our neighbor feels.

But I also know you won't post, because of that shame. You'll just remain silent, with your ideas, your opinions or the references you only spotted, the references you're proud you only know about. ( Often, because there's NO reference, but who cares?)

So, Right now in this thread everyone has deserted, this is not an SOS brigade I'm calling for. I want a HLFU! (Haruhi Late Fans Union)

All with me! Together we can do it! (huh... Do what? Well, let's just think that over later... ^^)
Express yourself! Vent your frustration!
Old 2006-05-22, 14:21   Link #173
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
*vents himself all over the floor*

Ahh. feel better now.
Old 2006-05-24, 01:22   Link #174
raphaël
trainee archangel

Thanks Onizuka !
Tell me it means you're in it, please !!!

As you may see, the HLFU is not really crowded for now, but let's just wait, I'm sure we'll conquer animesuki's world one day or the other.

(hey, isn't that a Haruhi's smile?)
Old 2006-05-25, 21:15   Link #175
DwArD
mAnIaC

Aw shit. The poll's close already. Well, my cousin and I loved Nagato. She's so...er....hilarious at times. She's always serious and all but her actions are pretty funny.
Old 2006-05-25, 22:00   Link #176
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Aw shit. The poll's close already.
No worries. We'll have a second poll at the end of the series and you can vote in that poll. It'll be like voting in this poll only later and in a different thread.

Cheers.
Old 2006-05-30, 16:58   Link #177
Nara

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
So, Right now in this thread everyone has deserted, this is not an SOS brigade I'm calling for. I want a HLFU! (Haruhi Late Fans Union)

All with me! Together we can do it! (huh... Do what? Well, let's just think that over later... ^^)
Express yourself! Vent your frustration!
I want to join! *points at Ep 1 discussion*
Are there any requirements? What are the HLFU's first activities?

@Topic:
My favorite character is Mikuru, especially because of the first episode. She's so funny. I could watch some scenes in an neverending loop. *freak*

Who are those three mysterious female characters in the Opening scene, at the part where Haruhi runs through space?
Old 2006-05-30, 17:36   Link #178
raphaël
trainee archangel

Welcome to HLFU, Nara, and thank you for joining us ( I mean, me, as I still don't know if Onizuka-GTO was just joking. )!
The only requirement is to be late in posting, like one or two weeks after everyone. lmao. Then, the first activities... Good question. Give me one or two days, ok?
What do you think of a website?
Closed Thread