Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-05, 22:42   Link #281
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
And what is a "cherry boy," the term that Motoka used to refer to Haruka?
Clearly you did not watch B-gata H-kei! Basically means "virgin".
Old 2010-10-05, 23:07   Link #282
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Clearly you did not watch B-gata H-kei! Basically means "virgin".
Hm, thought only girls had "cherries"... wat.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 00:13   Link #283
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
What a surprisingly interesting character portrait I found this!

This sickly girl was always catered to and fussed over by her loving family. She spent a lot of time alone and became quite introverted, not developing social skills because of lack of both opportunity and need. Surly, rude, demanding, and insulting behavior was always tolerated from her out of loving consideration of her condition.

Her parents are suddenly taken from her and only her caring twin brother is left. She is forced to leave her comfortable environment and move far away to a remote and isolated district.

She is afraid. She wants comforting and attention. In the past she always got attention by being weak and helpless. Her atrocious behavior was put up with and even got her more attention.

Now she is expected to take some responsibility, participate in the world, and behave civilly, like a normal person. She is expected to go to school and maybe even do some cleaning. Iyada!

And her sole remaining crutch is threatened. Her brother is out in the world, meeting people, doing interesting things, growing. While she sits at home, alone, bored, and stagnating. He isn't going to stay with her all the time in her little bubble world, catering to all her needs.

And she is becoming a woman with new unknown needs. Black Bunny is no longer enough. She wanted to be held and kissed. Instead she got her hair tousled. Yet her brother is showing interest in the obvious charms of other girls, as men will. So in the fear and loneliness of her midnight hour, she decides to up the ante, not being familiar with socially appropriate behavior.

That's the way I see it. And there's lots of gratuitous sexy stuff, too. So far, I like it!

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2010-10-06 at 00:27.
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 00:17   Link #284
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's probably going to happen very soon. Sora has already noticed her brother may get stolen away from her if she stays at home all the time while he's enjoying his very soon to be harem school-life. She was very annoyed when Haru talked to her about Akira and the ojou-sama. In fact, I think that's what she's requesting at the end of the episode. The lines are obviously very ambiguous, but I think she says she wants to go to school rather than... well, you know. Of course, that doesn't explain why she takes her clothes off...
Someone mentions that she takes her clothes off for measurements of the school uniform.

Another thing might be she is afraid of lighting and wants to be with Haru?
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 00:19   Link #285
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Very well put, I couldn't have said it better myself. That is perciesly what one can gather from the story. I relate to Sora a lot it is why I chose this name coming into this forum. I am glad you enjoyed the anime and got this understanding from it.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 00:22   Link #286
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Actually, I think some bits might have been censored for this episode. One possible example is the "sunscreen scene." The PV made me think Kazuha was applying perfume, but now that it's sunscreen, it got me thinking. Isn't most sunscreen white and creamy? And she was spreading it over Akira's childish face? I think the people in charge probably changed the colour to be clear so as to lower the innuendo there.
Interesting point.....worth to find out in the BD if it changes....I am more interested in the masturbation of Sora....will that be more revealed in the BDs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Based on what the ED shows, I speculate that... er... not even sure if this is that 'kind' of eroge, but it feels as if Haru is not a virgin.
It might be but I also think Sora might not be either. I said it like this: Because based on the following it looks to me the red pillow and chair might suggest a lost of hymen thus the red being blood in a figurative way. Around the very time Haruka kissed Sora in the infirmary. I am also interested at what the heck Sora saw here exactly?
Quote:
The credits silhouette with Sora seeing something shocking is typically associated with the sight of sex ( or abuse/rape/etc ), and it would make perfect sense if Sora saw Haru having sex with someone.
Yeah that would be Nao since so far we see her remembering past memories and Haru also remembers when he said she was cute.
Quote:
It's kind of a traumatic reminder of how 'fragile' their relationship potentially is, which would be a natural extension to how clingy and 'afraid' Sora is. As for the candidates, I think it's either be their mother ( was the death actually an accident? ) or the glasses girl that Sora seems to single out. ( and one which Haru seems to have another awkward and close history with )
Yeah it's for sure the glasses girl. The mother would resist far more at her age with her strength.

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-10-06 at 00:36.
Old 2010-10-06, 00:36   Link #287
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Someone mentions that she takes her clothes off for measurements of the school uniform.
Francis Dude! You gotta get into town more often!
When a girl comes into your room in the middle of the night, takes her clothes off, and says she wants to do it, she is NOT after a uniform measurement, no matter who she is!

Still, anything is possible in the world of anime.

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2010-10-06 at 00:48.
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 00:48   Link #288
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Francis Dude! You gotta get into town more often!
When a girl comes into your room in the middle of the night, takes her clothes off, and says she wants to do it, she is NOT after a uniform measurement, no matter who she is!

Still, anything is possible in the world of anime.
They are trying to mind fuck us but we have great mods who played the game and other people in the game thread who clearly clarify all for me.
Old 2010-10-06, 00:56   Link #289
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
They are trying to mind fuck us but we have great mods who played the game and other people in the game thread who clearly clarify all for me.
Well, that being said, please do not in allow any game discussion to filter into your comments in this thread. If you allow yourself to get spoiled that's your choice, but I'd really like first-time viewers to be able to arrive at their own conclusions. (Same applies to anyone who might have viewed the CGs and think they know the story. No matter what you think you've seen or know, please do not spoil the story in this thread.)
Old 2010-10-06, 00:57   Link #290
ZeKeR
Superbad

so what will happen next? people... start speculating
Old 2010-10-06, 01:22   Link #291
Slayn

Spoiler for comparison of first episode to game:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-10-06 at 01:29. Reason: Please label your spoiler tags; I also moved the whole post inside the spoiler
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 01:39   Link #292
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
so what will happen next? people... start speculating
Well no, I will just discuss things in the game discussion where being spoiled within the context of the episode itself if fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, that being said, please do not in allow any game discussion to filter into your comments in this thread. If you allow yourself to get spoiled that's your choice, but I'd really like first-time viewers to be able to arrive at their own conclusions. (Same applies to anyone who might have viewed the CGs and think they know the story. No matter what you think you've seen or know, please do not spoil the story in this thread.)
Well I just mentioned you can go to the game thread to discuss further some people never go back much in pages to check out things.
Old 2010-10-06, 01:46   Link #293
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I went and rewatched the episode and I still can't find a bit of intersection between Haru's school life and his home life with Sora. It still feels like two completely different entities, if not like two completely different Harus living two completely different lives. Actually if it wasn't for him talking to Sora about her day it would really feel like two shows in one in a failed attempt at being seamless, sort of.

In retrospect however I do realize that some of my bias did lie on the utter ridiculousness of the entire final five minutes because I had pegged the series to treat its subject matter rather seriously. Then again, the final five minutes does also highlight why the episode leaves me confused at what it's trying to do. I still personally prefer that they take the incest route and handle it well, rather than having all other stuff that feels superfluous to the obvious emotional torment Sora and eventually Haru will have to go through.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 01:48   Link #294
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Twincest, huh? Can we possibly get any more variations on the incest theme?

That was pretty intriguing. Is Sora a hikkomori, or just a pill? Interesting dichotomy at play - on balance it was a gentle, melancholy and low-key episode - but with female masturbation, nudity, hints of yuri and hard incest (fantasy, anyway). Just what are we in for, here? With the director of Rozen Maiden and Spice & Wolf working on an eroge adaptation I don't feel safe guessing.

I've seen reference to School Days, Clannad, True Tears, but none of those feel quite right to me - though there are hints of all of them. If anything I was most strongly reminded of "Ef: A Tale of Memories" - without the SHAFT tomfoolery - complete with Hiro Shimono as the male lead. But I also felt like this could take a bad turn and follow the path of mediocre melodrama like "Footprints in the Sand". But so far, so good - the production values were excellent (Feel is a company I know little about) and I loved the Chibi omake with Motoka and the clever ED.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 01:53   Link #295
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I went and rewatched the episode
Funny thing is I did that too to see some truth to some comments...boy was I shocked to figure out the masturbation of Sora on that chair....also did she get a orgasm when Haru first kissed her when they were kids? Her legs spread also kind of like that but I find it hard to believe if so....man the things with the details can be sometimes scary,
Old 2010-10-06, 02:05   Link #296
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
...That was pretty intriguing. Is Sora a hikkomori, or just a pill? Interesting dichotomy at play - on balance it was a gentle, melancholy and low-key episode.... If anything I was most strongly reminded of "Ef: A Tale of Memories"....
I think she's a sick girl who was injured in the accident that killed their parents and is still recovering. She's a pill, but partly because she has been isolated and dependent and frustrated and sad.

I think it feels a bit like ef, too. We shall see how things progress. More gentle melancholy, please.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 02:11   Link #297
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
It might be but I also think Sora might not be either. I said it like this: Because based on the following it looks to me the red pillow and chair might suggest a lost of hymen thus the red being blood in a figurative way. Around the very time Haruka kissed Sora in the infirmary. I am also interested at what the heck Sora saw here exactly?
Yeah that would be Nao since so far we see her remembering past memories and Haru also remembers when he said she was cute.
She probably saw something very naughty... Displaying it to Haru at the end of the first episode.
Old 2010-10-06, 02:28   Link #298
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Compared to everyone else, it's giving me a Sola vibe, minus the being hundreds of years old thing.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 02:33   Link #299
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Speaking of ef: a tale of memories, Sora's seiyuu, Taguchi Hiroko, played Miyako. I can see some similarities between the two characters, their personalities are vasly different but their emotional needs are the same. Wonder if Sora is going switch from text to phone calls...
Old 2010-10-06, 02:43   Link #300
ZODDGUTS

Wow the first ep was... wow. Did not expect all of that perverted stuff. All the girl's expect maybe a certain ojou gots the hots for Haru and I mean really want him. I hate to reference that shit series School Days but it reminded me of Makoto in how he was getting the ladies but here we actually see why the girl's are interested in Haru, not only is he nice to the girls but to them they find him to be very attractive.

Why do i also get the feeling that one of the girl's could go yandere... the sister being the main candidate followed by that girl next door... Haru better play he's cards right.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation