AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Old 2008-04-10, 18:09   Link #521
Pokkon
Yare, Akuro~!

Am I the only one who really liked Maka's VA, not only her voice but also the acting?

Anyway, definitely looking forward to the second episode - though I'm even more excited for the third one. Kid~~ <3
Pokkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 18:24   Link #522
Medousa
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Medousa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokkon View Post
Am I the only one who really liked Maka's VA, not only her voice but also the acting?
Well, I dunno ... I liked her voice, but not really her acting. =/
It sounded like she wasn't really "acting", but just talking, without any special emotion. Ah! Except when she said "Muri.<_<", and in the trailer.=)
Old 2008-04-10, 18:29   Link #523
Zoe

Is it just me or is it hard to hear Maka and Soul at times? No problems with the veteran seiyuu though.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 18:30   Link #524
zetsumei

So what's the different between the normal version and the late night version...I just watched the late night version and don't see any difference. >_>;
zetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 18:31   Link #525
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsumei View Post
So what's the different between the normal version and the late night version...I just watched the late night version and don't see any difference. >_>;
Try reading some of the earlier posts.

The late night edition is the un-edited version, it's just that nothing was edited from the first episode.
Old 2008-04-10, 19:26   Link #526
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
just watched episode 1
I must say that this series is really good, it's got all the elements
-action
-comedy
-ecchi
definitely gonna go all the way with this series
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 19:40   Link #527
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

Late-night episode has aired and it's not an un-edited version. It just had more preview footage and maybye an extra line of text or 2.
Says:
http://that.animeblogger.net/2008/04...pring-updates/
http://www.minaidehazukashii.com/hin...ow-version-01/
BearShare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 19:46   Link #528
ApostleOfGod
^.^

This needs its own forum. Better do it now before any further into the series, it's going to be another long ride like FMA.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 19:55   Link #529
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

Problem is, look at D.Gray-man's thread. That's a long term series, and they don't even have a sub-forum.

We'll have to work extra hard at being productive before we can get our own forum. XD.
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 19:58   Link #530
iceyfw

watched the first episode and it caught my attention. the artwork and characters made me go when i looked at a preview first tho

Last edited by iceyfw; 2008-04-10 at 20:15.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 20:00   Link #531
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyougaElliot View Post
Problem is, look at D.Gray-man's thread. That's a long term series, and they don't even have a sub-forum.

We'll have to work extra hard at being productive before we can get our own forum. XD.
Well lets hope that this one doesnt devolve to the point that I just plain drop it like D.gray did...

But for now...Damn was that an exceptionally nice first episode. The animation and overall style it has going made it well worth watching just for the visuals alone.

Storyline so far isn't anything revolutionary, but the characters are plenty likeable and thats enough for now.

Very much looking forward to seeing where this goes and fingers crossed they can keep up the animation quality they pulled off in the OP/ED and just whole first episode in general.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 20:00   Link #532
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyougaElliot View Post

That had a year and a half/80ish episodes to get to get 2,600 posts.
We're 4 days/1 episode into the show and have 1/5 the # of posts.

Soul Eater is pretty much set.
BearShare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 20:25   Link #533
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So im a tiny bit late but i knocked another new first episode down. All i can say is loved every min of it very creative I love the animation. What surprise me most was the fighting i didnt think it would be that good. short and simple loved it, want more, added to the list of shows that must be watched. Shinigama-sama is funny as hell but his Shinigami chop bares a close resemblance to a pimp slap if you ask me

There were a lot of good scenes to make some pretty slick avatars. i hope to see some floating around soon .
Old 2008-04-10, 20:28   Link #534
Medousa
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Medousa
Avis ... +___+ xD Yeah, there's some good scene that would make good avis.=)

(Not in the subject question: Is posting animated avatars alowed in this "Kind" of thread, or just in "Avatar and Signature" threads? *Neebie question.XD* )
Old 2008-04-10, 20:29   Link #535
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medousa View Post
Avis ... +___+ xD Yeah, there's some good scene that would make good avis.=)

(Not in the subject question: Is posting animated avatars alowed in this "Kind" of thread? =3 *Neebie question.XD* )
Since it does have its own sub forum yet yes its allowed. Happens in other threads all the time.

Didnt put this in my original post but i had a question. When they speak of becoming a Death scythe is that more of rank or will Souls actually appearance change as he becomes a more powerful weapon?
Old 2008-04-10, 20:36   Link #536
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Didnt put this in my original post but i had a question. When they speak of becoming a Death scythe is that more of rank or will Souls actually appearance change as he becomes a more powerful weapon?
Not a big deal, but a spoiler cause it isn't fully explained until the second half of the manga.

Spoiler:
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 20:42   Link #537
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Not a big deal, but a spoiler cause it isn't fully explained until the second half of the manga.

Spoiler:
Ahh thanks man makes a little more sense to me now. Iv got a couple of chapters of the manga on m PC just havent read them yet.
Old 2008-04-10, 21:06   Link #538
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

Whats the song being played in the first episode, when they start introducing Black Star, I want to hear the full version of that song.
jcdranzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 21:30   Link #539
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The first ep was better than I had expected I loved the CG at the start . Overall a really good episode . Its got me hooked on to the series
Old 2008-04-10, 21:53   Link #540
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

If there's no difference between the original and late night show . . .am having second thoughts fo watching the late night one.

But . . .but . . KID IS IN THE PREVIEW O_O aaaahhhh!!! I wanna see and hear him but that's too brief and waste of download time. Aaaahhh!!! dilemma!!! xD

Quote:
She did nice acting on some parts. She was a stage actress after all. Her acting couldn't be that mediocre xD However, stage acting is different from voice acting. She might not be used to it yet. She lacked emotion to some parts, but I have hopes that she'll improve

Quote:
Anyway, definitely looking forward to the second episode - though I'm even more excited for the third one. Kid~~ <3
Same, same

KIDD!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT KID NOW!!!!!!! xD Wahehehehhe . . . Black Star is also fun . . . but I'm more impatient for KID!!! Squeeeeeeeeeee xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lupine View Post
I'm normally not a fan of shounen, and what's killing this show for me is Maka's dad

Maka's dad just infuriated me with his childish, over the top actions

do you normal shounen fans like Shinigami-sama and Maka's dad?
Maka's dad is fine to me. I hate playboys but he's funny He made me laugh a lot xD And I love his daughter complex xD Hehehe . . . *daddy's gurl*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Well lets hope that this one doesnt devolve to the point that I just plain drop it like D.gray did...
D. Gray-man . . .*sniff* those stupid fillers ruined it . . .*sniff*

And oh, I love what the blogger of THAT.animeblogger said. And may I quote it:
Quote:
screw H2O, Soul Eater rocks your soul!
so true, right? ohohohoh xD
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, death the kid, shounen, soul eater