AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-08-20, 12:20   Link #1281
Nerroth
NePoi!

Since there's no thread for Myaa just yet, I figured I'd post about her here.

I've been thinking a bit about the dynamics being shown in the series thus far, as well as what is to come with the other 4 heroines. To my mind, regardless of which timeline/version/etc one may choose to run with, Miya herself seems to be a prime candidate for a spinoff story of her own.

Spoiler for stuff:

Last edited by Nerroth; 2010-08-20 at 12:38.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 12:19   Link #1282
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Kimikiss was awesome. The only reason it was a disaster was because of otaku fanboys.
Obviously it was not awesome because the main targeted audience pretty much hated it. And yeah I value it more from the actual success factor than my personal like or dislike (though again in my personal view I didn't like the anime either as I sadly played the game before I saw it and found it miles better than the anime).

Thats why I always advertised against the Kimikiss way of things - one screw up and everyone will start hating because original which is very popular is very different, you pretty much changing the original have to create the original storyline which would be just as popular as game or even better and that is nearly impossible to do and if you do not achieve that you will be hated by the lovers of the source and this will drive the bigger part of money sources from you the way it happened with Kimikiss and turned into one of that summer's disasters in terms of income.

Amagami on the other hand is much closer to the original game. Its closer than the harem and of course closer than the forced drama and love triangles or whatever love figures. This way the ones doing anime can ride the fame of the original source more. No wonder that it is AIC who decided such genius thing as a simple staying with the original plot as close as possible rather than JC Staff's usual attempt to screw with the original plot (yes I know that technically JC staff are not responsible for the actual planning but again this way its easier to discuss) and try to invent bicycle where it is not needed at all.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-08-21 at 12:29.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 13:17   Link #1283
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Obviously it was not awesome because the main targeted audience pretty much hated it.
& i don't really care about the target audience hating it. I found it awesome, and that's all that matters. I'm sure DragoZERO feels the same way.
Old 2010-08-24, 14:09   Link #1284
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Looks like Risa will be getting her own series.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...aki-gets-anime

Know the mystery girl with long brown hair who appears in a lot of fanart? That's her, and this is fantastic news. Do wonder if it'll actually be a series, or just a couple of OVA's.
Old 2010-08-24, 14:17   Link #1285
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, I suspect this is probably what will fill either one or both of the episodes on that 13th BD/DVD. It makes sense, anyway.
Old 2010-08-24, 14:21   Link #1286
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Looks like Risa will be getting her own series.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...aki-gets-anime

Know the mystery girl with long brown hair who appears in a lot of fanart? That's her, and this is fantastic news. Do wonder if it'll actually be a series, or just a couple of OVA's.
Oh wow now thats some exciting news, I was gonna say in response to Nerroth's post above that while a Miya story would be interesting, I would much prefer one for Risa, she's of much more interest given her character and setting

Now all I need is the teaccher route and I'm all set. Now I know that would def be interesting to see since I read about how things end with the teacher route.
Old 2010-08-24, 14:33   Link #1287
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Now all I need is the teaccher route and I'm all set. Now I know that would def be interesting to see since I read about how things end with the teacher route.
I doubt we'll see a teacher route animated because..

I've been wanting to post that for a while in this Amagami section.
Old 2010-08-24, 16:29   Link #1288
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I really thought she was going to get her own series for a moment but it's just the 13th DVD, as we thought. It wouldn't make sense for her to get more screentime than the six main heroines anyway

What they could do is a 1 cour spin-off featuring supporting characters like Miya, Hibiki, Maya, etc... I'd watch it. Of course, it won't happen.
Old 2010-08-24, 16:53   Link #1289
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:

haha thats actually my thoughts on the matter cause I know how "futureless" or I guess more "fruitless" the teacher route is in the game which in turn would make it very interesting to see what they would come up with if they ever did that route.

So many great side characters here that I'd love to see get there own little segment of entertainment.

Well at least I know for sure we get to see Risa's part which I'm really looking forward too, pretty sure there will be alot to talk about there
Old 2010-08-24, 16:54   Link #1290
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
pretty sure there will be alot to talk about there
Going by what i've seen and been told about her route, then yes you are 100% correct.

I can't wait. <3
Old 2010-08-24, 18:21   Link #1291
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Awesome news. That teacher needs more screen time. She is awesome. And is one of the few teachers who does not have an over sized bust, queue Shuffle (speaking of, at the last convention I went to they had two posts of the girls in their lingerie, the one with the teacher went first, haha).
Old 2010-08-24, 20:09   Link #1292
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler for Picture:

This picture is so true in many occasions.
Old 2010-08-25, 03:33   Link #1293
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Awesome news. That teacher needs more screen time. She is awesome. And is one of the few teachers who does not have an over sized bust, queue Shuffle (speaking of, at the last convention I went to they had two posts of the girls in their lingerie, the one with the teacher went first, haha).
Are you thinking that it was the teacher's arc that was announced to be animated?
Old 2010-08-25, 07:31   Link #1294
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Are you thinking that it was the teacher's arc that was announced to be animated?
I guess I am. Who was it? I'm super confused now. You guys said Risa's story and I don't remember there was a character named Risa, but the teacher if voiced by Hayamizu Risa, so I thought you were talking about the teacher. I am both confused and disappointed now.
Old 2010-08-25, 08:04   Link #1295
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Its this one

Spoiler for Risa Kamizaki:

But i don't remember seeing her scene even once in the anime... or did i just missed it..
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 08:04   Link #1296
msg

Just realised Mai kadowaki voiced two of amagami characters - Tanaka keiko and kamisaki Risa - looking foward to it ^
Old 2010-08-25, 08:20   Link #1297
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Its this one

Spoiler for Risa Kamizaki:

But i don't remember seeing her scene even once in the anime... or did i just missed it..
That would be the lovely lass in question and no you didn't miss anything as far as I saw she hasn't shown up in the anime yet but there is a chance we'll get a small glimpse soon maybe in Sae's arc.

btw which I have to add, besides the fact she is a very very interesting character she's also as cute as a button....almost Rihoko cute!
Old 2010-08-25, 08:33   Link #1298
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
That would be the lovely lass in question and no you didn't miss anything as far as I saw she hasn't shown up in the anime yet but there is a chance we'll get a small glimpse soon maybe in Sae's arc.

btw which I have to add, besides the fact she is a very very interesting character she's also as cute as a button....almost Rihoko cute!
Ahh...okay, so I didn't miss anything either. I thought you were talking about a character we had met already.

And yes, she is quite cute, I like her long hair.
Old 2010-08-25, 10:30   Link #1299
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

She appears in the Opening (she looks a bit different, but I'm pretty sure it's her):

That's about it so far, I think. I had no idea she existed until a few weeks ago, so I may have missed previous cameos in Haruka's arc.
Old 2010-08-25, 13:10   Link #1300
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

She hasn't appeared at all in the series apart from the OP scene Kanon has posted.

I recommend people not reading up on her, because it'll spoiler the surprise of her arc. Guess it's just the same with the other girls really.

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen