AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-10, 18:07   Link #3981
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Lol, until this arc, Zen was the male lead. It's not because of one arc, that he's not anymore. Please come back when Akune or Kumagawa will do the same

And stop it with this bashing toward Zen. It's really annoying.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 18:09   Link #3982
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I said it before this arc is only here to develop the supporting characters more. I wouldn't worry about Zen.
Old 2011-09-10, 18:15   Link #3983
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
I said it before this arc is only here to develop the supporting characters more. I wouldn't worry about Zen.
Pretty much. Why is so hard for some people to understand something as simple as this? It's just one character being absent for many chapters and certain individuals post here worried that the author may have forgot about that character.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 18:16   Link #3984
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

It's not that. Some of them just hate Zen and don't want him to be the male lead anymore.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 18:22   Link #3985
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It's not that. Some of them just hate Zen and don't want him to be the male lead anymore.
And the most recent popularity poll just served as an excuse to fuel that hatred even more.

Last edited by Homura7; 2011-09-10 at 18:42.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 20:25   Link #3986
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Haha, Ii-chan seemed normal? I don't think he remotely ever approached that categorization for me. Maybe that's 'cause I started with the second novel first, though. God, I'm seriously waiting hard for more Zaregoto to come out. Everything in that series manages to be pretty fucking twisted, even the "normal" people.

Anyway, by this point I'm having a hard time even conceiving Zenkichi as a 'lead'. Amongst the members of the Student Council, he's a worthy contributor, sure. But that's honestly the side-stories, the pawns, the buildup, really. In terms of overarching conflicts, and the world at Medaka's level--Medaka's intentions, Medaka's outcomes--Zen has always been pretty much only a 'perspective' character.

A perspective character becomes a main when his viewpoint takes you places you could never go. I don't think Zenkichi's "perspective" has become remotely unique anymore for receiving insight into the world and universe of Medaka Box's characters.

However, in light of Zenkichi being a 'perspective' character, it's actually really ironic and funny that his abnormality is "parasite seeing", lol.
I never noticed that.

Also Kumagawa is king, I was expecting him to betray everyone a bit earlier but it was funny and in character for him to take them all out suddenly like that. They should have saw this coming.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 21:00   Link #3987
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Some one please explain to me why Hirado Royal is popular, that chick in the very background. This has been bugging me since the last popularity poll. She's only been oneshotted and given like a couple of meaningless pages way in the beginning. WHAT THE HELL!?
It makes no sense. People must have been messing with the poll. She is nothing. No personality or history or power. She a background super minor character who should not even have a name.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 22:36   Link #3988
Sol Falling

lol wow, this chapter was epic. "I knew it!...So that puppy is...my little Rapis-chan that I raised in my previous life!". Also, Kumagawa's betrayal, and Medaka in a ponytail soccer-uniformin' it up. I'd be interested to see this chapter's Jump ranking 'cause moreso than usual it was really pure fun.

Haha man, Kumagawa lying flat on his back with Medaka looming over him. That was a great moment. All's right with the world.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 03:44   Link #3989
zeando
maybenotimome

the current arc is taking place during the start of the second year?
the minus one was during the summer holidays if i'm not wrong, so the second year has already started? :/

i was wondering how much time the student council election last, and if each year there has to be a new president election, that would have been interesting to see someone like ajimu to try to win it and take the title of president from medaka :3
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 03:52   Link #3990
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
the minus one was during the summer holidays if i'm not wrong, so the second year has already started? :/

i was wondering how much time the student council election last, and if each year there has to be a new president election, that would have been interesting to see someone like ajimu to try to win it and take the title of president from medaka :3
Japan's school year is kind of different. They start in April actually so end of summer vacation just means around the middle of the school year.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 04:46   Link #3991
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post

I honestly prefer if it was Zen against medaka in the next elections would be really curious to see who won the dispute between the two.
Even though I know, will not happen ... if so I would be fine with what you said .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Japan's school year is kind of different. They start in April actually so end of summer vacation just means around the middle of the school year.
I knew of this fact .
I mean not as precise as you but I knew.
I wonder if next year will begin after this arc.
Maybe after a small time skip.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 08:47   Link #3992
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Chapter 112.

Kumagawa ...
The one famed with his ability to understand weakness better than anyone else is defeated.

If what Akune said was true.
It means Kumagawa is defeated in such a short time.
But well-- Kumagawa weakness itself is his willingness to win.

Too bad Zenkichi isn't there.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 09:42   Link #3993
Soji

jirou-cha... ermh wonder tsugiha is the best I admit ,she made me die laughing in this ch.
To think of it with endless imagination that Jirou has would be the perfect candidate to train with Parasite eyes if only Zen would like to .
I mean to say that with the fantasy she have she probaly will have an infinite number of worldviews.
Means that Zen could training for understand the abnormality itself (as he said he dont really understand parasite eyes), and even learn to use them to the max and if possibly evolve them.
pity that probably he never will.
Old 2011-09-11, 10:02   Link #3994
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I honestly prefer if it was Zen against medaka in the next elections would be really curious to see who won the dispute between the two.
Even though I know, will not happen ... if so I would be fine with what you said.
Why would Zen even go for that position? Would be so horribly out of character and it's not like he would have a chance anyway. If they ever do that storyline it would be Ajimu if it took place during this arc, Kumagawa for the lolz or as a way to introduce a new antagonist for the next arc.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 10:26   Link #3995
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Why would Zen even go for that position? Would be so horribly out of character and it's not like he would have a chance anyway. If they ever do that storyline it would be Ajimu if it took place during this arc, Kumagawa for the lolz or as a way to introduce a new antagonist for the next arc.
was not the same thing for the position as vice president?
But look what has happened in this arc, even though obviously he not goin to win the treasure hunt.
And I said that I know this will not happen unfortunately.
Regarding Kumagawa ist has already happened in the minus arc and sincerely do not want him try again to being president of the CS after all he seem seems happy with his current position. For a new antagonist would be interesting ... but we not have already enough new characters?
But if for some reason it is Zen that is opposed to medaka in the next elections,would be really interesting.
Think just a moment what it would mean something like this..
How Medaka would react?
would act as usual, or she would have some doubts?
She will would feel betrayed by Zen?
Or she would cares less for this situation?
What their friends would feel about this?
What their freinds would do?
Who would win between the two?
Again I know it will not happen, but it would be really interesting as history.
Especially to see how would react Medaka herslef.
Old 2011-09-11, 10:52   Link #3996
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Regarding Kumagawa ist has already happened in the minus arc and sincerely do not want him try again to being president of the CS after all he seem seems happy with his current position.
Kumagawa would only happen if it was intended as a short comedy theme arc that lasted like 3-4 chapters, which is why I said for the lolz. As for Zen more than likely Medaka would welcome the challenge.. but he can't beat her anyway. Zen stands for the same things as Medaka so replacing her with him would be meaningless in the first place. Not that it would happen, even Medaka's "enemies" like the ones who watched her fight with Kumagawa would probably vote for her...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 10:53   Link #3997
Last Carpet

Spoiler for ch113:
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 11:04   Link #3998
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Spoiler for ch113:
Spoiler for ch 113:

Edit: Westlo@You're right but as I said I know this not going to happen..This more a desire that I have to see how Medaka would react if the one who always support her goin again her.
Old 2011-09-11, 11:14   Link #3999
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Hanten's playing cards with Zen for most useless character atm
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 11:17   Link #4000
Homura7

Spoiler:
Don't tell me you missed him.

Anyway...