AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 14 23.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 28.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 15.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-10, 23:16   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ore no Imouto (Season Two), Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-05-11, 12:30   Link #2
ApathyEcstasy

Saori is such a low-key character, she deserves some love. Me x Saori.

Great episode so far. Noticing a lot of subtle body languages and eye movements that speak volumes greater than just the dialogues. Also a big fan of papa bear. Also much love for Mikigami. Ayase's insanity is also hella smexy.

Last edited by ApathyEcstasy; 2013-05-11 at 13:07.
Old 2013-05-11, 13:10   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This episode basically resolves everything set-up in the previous episode. Although people thought Kyousuke was safe having not run into Ayase during his fake-date, evidence has a way to surface in the least-convenient ways, and so Ayase took him in for "questioning". All this basically confirmed what everyone already thought -- that it was unlikely that Kirino had a boyfriend. But then, right at the least convenient moment (or most convenient for her), Kirino announced that she did in fact have a boyfriend.

The remainder of the episode is essentially Kyousuke trying to work out his feelings, with the result being that (basically) he doesn't want any guy to go out with Kirino, and that any guy that wants to go out with her has to go through him first, and prove that he cherishes her more than Kyousuke does (which, by his estimation, is a pretty damn high bar to set). Suffice it to say, the act crumbles as Kirino admits that it was all an act to get back at him, and confesses (without saying) that she feels the same way about him. And the two siblings are closer than ever.

But then, as this show is wont to do, they end the episode on another cliffhanger:

Spoiler for Episode 6 Ending:
Old 2013-05-11, 13:10   Link #4
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Nice episode.Though the same scene in the Novel had more impact on me, it was a great episode.But the previous episode was better.Probably my second favourite episode so of S2 far.^^
Old 2013-05-11, 13:16   Link #5
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
Great episode so far. Noticing a lot of subtle body languages and eye movements that speak volumes greater than just the dialogues. Also a big fan of papa bear. Also much love for Mikigami. Ayase's insanity is also hella smexy.
By eye movements, do you mean how Mikagami's eyes were not level at all, and made him look like he had a severe case of bell's palsy and wandering eye? Such a thing normally doesn't bother me, except this time since it seemed to only affect him and no other character.
Old 2013-05-11, 13:20   Link #6
finalfury
Incognito

The ending was good. Kuroneko confession(yay!) was good and the Kirino Kyousuke interactions were nicely done, with the bgm fitting in very well.
Old 2013-05-11, 13:20   Link #7
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
By eye movements, do you mean how Mikagami's eyes were not level at all, and made him look like he had a severe case of bell's palsy and wandering eye? Such a thing normally doesn't bother me, except this time since it seemed to only affect him and no other character.
I meant Kirino giving a scorching side-glance to Kyousuke+Kuroneko in the middle of her conversation with Mikigami. There were a number of other moments like that where the eyes were telling much more than the dialogue.
Old 2013-05-11, 13:34   Link #8
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I meant Kirino giving a scorching side-glance to Kyousuke+Kuroneko in the middle of her conversation with Mikigami. There were a number of other moments like that where the eyes were telling much more than the dialogue.
I tend to agree with you that this is something that this season is doing very well. If you just watch the eyes of the characters, you get a very clear read on what they're thinking. This applies particularly to Kirino (who some find hard to read), but also to the other characters as well.
Old 2013-05-11, 13:39   Link #9
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I tend to agree with you that this is something that this season is doing very well. If you just watch the eyes of the characters, you get a very clear read on what they're thinking. This applies particularly to Kirino (who some find hard to read), but also to the other characters as well.
Agreed. Don't forget the scene where the mother is watching them in the background too. Not just the eyes but also in the way the character's expressions seem to tell a different story compared to what they say.
Old 2013-05-11, 13:45   Link #10
Entravity

Feels more and more like last season which is great for me at least. That Kuroneko ending
Old 2013-05-11, 14:06   Link #11
EroKing

Why does Ayase have handcuffs?
Nice to see the best girl stealing the show at the end, go Kuroneko!
Old 2013-05-11, 14:22   Link #12
GDB

Quote:
I know, I was just being sarcastic due to how badly Mikagami's face/eyes were animated in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
In case a stalker breaks in and demands that she handcuffs him, of course!
Old 2013-05-11, 14:22   Link #13
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Nice to see the best girl stealing the show at the end, go Kuroneko!
I love Ayase. You can tell she's into kinky handcuff bondage play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I know, I was just being sarcastic due to how badly Mikagami's face/eyes were animated in this episode.

In case a stalker breaks in and demands that she handcuffs him, of course!
I didn't notice his face/eyes.
Old 2013-05-11, 14:50   Link #14
Micromancer
>_>

1) can't stop smiling after seeing the cut-off. . . great job !

2) that handcuff session , wished more yandere were shown on that one D:

3)
Spoiler for comparison to the novel:
Old 2013-05-11, 15:05   Link #15
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micromancer View Post
1) can't stop smiling after seeing the cut-off. . . great job !

2) that handcuff session , wished more yandere were shown on that one D:

3)
Spoiler for comparison to the novel:
Isn't it only last week's preview?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-05-11, 15:06   Link #16
Solafighter
Hige

These Ayase and Kyousuke scenes are as always brilliant.

Is it only me or does Misaki Mikagami look like a girl? Had to laugh at almost every frame there.

I'm not to sure, what Kyousuke will be, wheter he will accept or reject the confession. He pulled something big off with his sister and her fake boyfriend. If he would accept the confession, he would be a real scumbag, since he doesn't want her sister to get a boyfriend, but on the other hand, he can go out with wohmever he wants? I guess in the current state, Kirino wouldn't like to see Kyousuke with another girl(and certainly not with the plain one).

If I would be Kyousuke at this point, my head would be full of Kirino.
Old 2013-05-11, 15:44   Link #17
Divini
Senpai!

Every girl got their kawaii moment this ep!

Ayase asking Kyousuke to her house, Saori with her hair down, Kirino crying, Kuroneko at the end.

So much cuteness. Only plain girl got left out.
Old 2013-05-11, 15:53   Link #18
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
These Ayase and Kyousuke scenes are as always brilliant.

Is it only me or does Misaki Mikagami look like a girl? Had to laugh at almost every frame there.

I'm not to sure, what Kyousuke will be, wheter he will accept or reject the confession. He pulled something big off with his sister and her fake boyfriend. If he would accept the confession, he would be a real scumbag, since he doesn't want her sister to get a boyfriend, but on the other hand, he can go out with wohmever he wants? I guess in the current state, Kirino wouldn't like to see Kyousuke with another girl(and certainly not with the plain one).

If I would be Kyousuke at this point, my head would be full of Kirino.
Really? Like hell he would. Only Kyousuke's Dad ever said he flat out rejected it (being drunk admittedly).

The point Kyousuke made was that whilst he was unhappy about it, he would be willing to accept it so long as Mikagami proved himself to be a capable boyfriend and be able to keep Kirino safe. It smacked to me of something his Dad would be saying rather than him.

Essentially, he is looking out for his younger family member. The bond Kirino and Kyousuke share, to me, is familial, nothing more - and I can guarantee that no matter how many fights and whatnot you get into with an older or younger sibling, anyone does harm to them (emotionally or physically) and you'll be the first one on that guy's doorstep ready to kick that person to the curb and moreso. Kyousuke did, after all, say that it was Kirino's decision.

Just like it would be Kyousuke's decision to go out with Ruri.
Old 2013-05-11, 15:54   Link #19
sarofski

Is Kyousuke for real?!!!! Can anyone be this weak?!!!!!!!
Can you really find any boy who gets insulted by his damn irritating sister over and over without any proper reaction ?!!!!!!!!!!
I'm really fed up with all this crap ....
Old 2013-05-11, 15:56   Link #20
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarofski View Post
Is Kyousuke for real?!!!! Can anyone be this weak?!!!!!!!
Can you really find any boy who gets insulted by his damn irritating sister over and over without any proper reaction ?!!!!!!!!!!
I'm really fed up with all this crap ....
He's M and she's S. Nuff sed.
Closed Thread